• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] Low Dosage Trips

I weigh less than 150 lbs, and I ate a gram of some home grown cubes (in other words, no loss of potency through improper storage/drying/etc), and didn't get much other than a slight body high and relaxation. Don't expect much of a trip from 1g if you're eating average potency cubes with a normal tolerance. CS may have a low tolerance and or gotten some especially potent cubes to get significant visuals from a gram. In my experience, 2g will trip you out a bit but still allow you to keep your head relatively straight.

in any case, be careful and have fun :)

oh yeah, i forgot to mention the mushrooms i had were extremely potent according to everyone else who took them.

wow I just ate a low dose of mushrooms right now (1.5g) kinda funny this is the first BL thread ive read all day ;o looking forward to them kicking in :D

Huh, 1.5 - 2g (p. cubensis) is what I'd consider a normal dose for myself. I suppose it's on the light side, but certainly enough to trip on. People's responses are all different - I've had plently of visual activity at doses as low as 1.2g.

I've tried doses under 1g a couple times while coming down from MDMA, and found it delightful. Light CEV's and a nice, gently psychedelic state.

Last edited:
Low doses are sort unsettling to me. Last week my friend and I split an eighth and got light visuals and trippiness for little less than an hour. Figuring all was well I threw on Coffee and Cigarettes and about half an hour into it, a guy with a hoarse voice starts talking and it sounded like he was screeching from random points around the room. Later my friend was explaining some guys singing style and said the word "low" in a low voice and it sounded like some kinda beast. Like random bits of the trip catch ya off guard cuz your not fully tripping, just heavy.

Low dosages are fun, although I had an experience with a low dose of one mushroom (approx. 1g) but I took it with a combination of amphetamines and the result was a pretty edgy-not-very-comfortable trip that lasted a long time and generally walked on the line of uncomfortable tripping and the Bad Trip.

Do you all get time dialation and CEVs from low doses, im wondering if this is normal or im just sensitive to them low doses ARE my trip im either sensitive or taking some really potent stuff.

pvdoakie said:
Do you all get time dialation and CEVs from low doses, im wondering if this is normal or im just sensitive to them low doses ARE my trip im either sensitive or taking some really potent stuff.

Some people do experience these symptoms some don't. If it's doses under 1.5 grams and then you're probably a lil more sensitive to other people, who knows maybe you're set and setting just brought out the maxium potential of you're dose. HAVE FUN

The low dosages I'm talking about are to the point where, really, it's just a condiment to your evening, like a few red bulls or alcoholic drinks. It just gives you energy and makes your environment slightly more trippy (music sounds great too).

I was lucky enough to get some handpicked for me by a good friend - the type that grows on UK fields... 0.8g dried definitely sent me to fairyland, at least post- 25mg dipt ;) brought all the colour in and increased time dilation further and all. war fuzzy as well like mdma. Wonder if it had done that as well without the dipt first. Friend reckons yes, it is his "normal" acceptable trip dose.

but even less than that I have used @ a party with beer ans food... just sprinkled a little on a couple of doritos with dip :O) . . . had a swell time; the mundane became meaningful and I was very responsive to what I was told. There were moments, however, where I felt like 'keeling over', closing my eyes and no longer listening. Not paranoia, just the CEVs calling . . .

but it's at high ("heroic") doses (start at 2g+ for me, could be 3.5 or more...) where set/setting become crucial for me. I made the mistake more than once to take WAY too much for where I was... party with 20 people in the park, or on my way to a club using the underground to get there with no map to the club and no idea where it is, or being in a club with gabba music and wodnering why I liked gabba and wanting to go home because it seemed everyone realised I wasn't really having a good time :O)

Anyone notice that a low dose of shrooms inhibits your ability to feel the effects of alcohol? Normally im good at about 6 shots but after a 1-1.5 grams of shrooms i can drink for hours to almost no effect. (not nessecerily a good thing)
Peace,
Jesse

low doses of mushrooms make me feel like i need to do something but i don't know what.

lol. yep.

at doses of ~1g dried, I love the low key visuals - peoples faces taking on an alien appearance, blankets swimming over you... that kinda thing

actually, its *kinda* similar to low amts of research chems (partic 2cb) - except there is an organic feeling instead of synthetic.

Just the mild psychedelic "vibration" covering you like a warm, fuzzy blanket .

I used to LOVE tripping on low doses of mushrooms. It made me feel so perfect, social, understanding, and aware of everything. So easy to concentrate and improve life. Until I went crazy.

Hehe, yea I loved them too much, and got carried away. The mushroom reality soon switched over to my sober reality, and the mushroom reality soon became my sober reality. I was quite clear headed, but thats not what others perceived me as. It's just a matter of understanding that people do not always want to hear rantings about the universe until everything becomes normal again.

But now its all good, and am waiting till I move out until I can trip my head off. Then, life will have a new beginning :D

I can get CEVs from 2 grams, and probably some light OEVs too...Unlike what seems to be most common in the reports I've read, I get cevs and oevs at the same time, even in low doses. I don't go in stages, like 1g for CEVs, 2g for OEVs.. If I have any visuals at all, I'll get them open and closed eye. Warping or swirling are probably the first thing I ever notice open eyed... Closed eye the first thing I notice are these sort of organically shaped, but generally straight rainbows or the colors pink, green and red-red orange that float across my field of vision... I havent tripped in a week, and yet after smoking a bowl I can get them stongly again, even across my open eye'd field of vision. Usually, a visual disortion or "hallucination" that can present itself with open eyes, can present it self closed, and vice versa, with some excaptions, like swirling OEVs or those insane 3D CEVs you get at higher dosages.

Anyone notice that a low dose of shrooms inhibits your ability to feel the effects of alcohol?
I've noticed that with LSD, but not so much with shrooms. A few beers can help me sleep after using shrooms, but on LSD it might as well be water.

Low dose mushroom trips

I have only a little bit of mushrooms, 2.5 grams. im going to split this with my friend, aside from shes taking 1 and im taking 1.5, do you think we are going to trip? I bought a bag of schweed to help us along....what do you think the chances of us tripping are?

It depends on the potency of the shrooms, but ive had shrooms that VERY deffenate effects have been felt at a gram.