• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] Low Dosage Trips

If you're talking about dosages of about .5 g - 1 g (maybe even lower than .5 of a gram) then I don't see a problem with that.

I used to take them in those dosages almost every other day for a few months. They are tryptamines though, which means you will develop a tolerance to them pretty quickly. However, if you plan on taking them in medicinal / therapeutic doses (which is what I would say are the dosages I listed above) and not taking them to "trip," then you probably wont really notice that much of a difference in potency loss.

I find low doses of Psilocybin to work very well socially, regardless of the occasion.

Last edited:
I wouldn't plan on "tripping" per say that often. I would only be taking doses low enough to give me just a different kind of high. Just enough for some subtle effects like insight and slightly altering my thought patterns. No chance of going retarded or anything then?

No chance of going retarded or anything then?

no lol, just expect plenty of Third-Eye stimulation

157682a1221606355.gif

i would take a decent dose don't waste shrooms, man.
pretty soon you won't be able to find them out in the fields and our government has a lot to do with the global warming just another thing the want to keep from you.

take a good amount and enjoy your trip, after all shrooms are non-toxic.

i would take a decent dose don't waste shrooms, man.
pretty soon you won't be able to find them out in the fields and our government has a lot to do with the global warming just another thing the want to keep from you.

take a good amount and enjoy your trip, after all shrooms are non-toxic.

There's no wasting of Psilocybin, they aren't only used for "tripping." In low dosages they can provide you with a variety of uses, from life enhancement to mental clarity, sense of well being and many other voluminous benefits.

I wouldn't worry about the government on this one my friend. Firstly, you can grow them in the comfort of your home. Secondly, most active strains of mushrooms grow on Cow pies. They aren't getting rid of Cows anytime soon because of the beef, steak and milk industry ;)

Last edited:
Surely there must be some mental effects of taking psychedelics more than once a week. If most people here don't have any problems then they're very lucky - do these very regular trippers hold down successful jobs and have stable family lives?
I feel a decrease in mental stability and intelligence if I even have a light trip more than once a fortnight, and have some residual visual distortions. I often get worried that more often would cause problems :\ Obviously it depends on genetics.. but I always wonder what heavy users do in life!

Absolutely, could not agree more. I cringe sometimes when I see the frequency and amounts of psychedelics being consumed. You will pay a price in mental stability. After you've experienced satori, everything in the real world seems pathetically mundane, and your attempts to return to that place of ultimate bliss just never seem to be the same. Next step, the search for oblivion.

^Personally, I think the next step for anyone should be the search for Moksha.

That would be one of the constructive ways to go. You've already been givin climpses of what the mind is capable of. But, unfortunately, most of us aren't willing to do the work and take a short cut. But, nothing is for free. Hell, I think having a crash after a trip is part of the experience, I would never take a benzo to avoid an uncomfortable trip. Pain whether it be physical or mental is part of the learning process. But, I digress.

When ingesting with that regularity, visually I used to notice a decent amount of streaming or pattern movement while at baseline between days (this was with LSD to be specific). Mentally my thoughts were even less perturbed. I would describe as, even though my thoughts were regularly heading in towards the hyperdimensional, the fact that I was much more accustomed to the experience cut down on the awe aspect.

I expect frequent low dosing for recreational purposes to be pretty uninspiring if you focus on the trips. If you would sometimes take a threshold dose of acid and go about your day you're rather talking mood / intellectual enhancement which is another thing.
If you're talking trips or recreational it's better to have some kind of development over time, like upping the dose once in a while to keep it interesting then taking a break for a while to return your brain to normal. Peaks make it worthwhile and help keep it special. Otherwise you're screwing with baselines.
If you're sensitive to shrooms though and 1/16 is normal for you, then calling it low dose is just inaccurate so that depends on what you call it.

if you're gonna take mushrooms, take enough for a full experience.

they're not a toy. :)

Question about lower shroom dosage

Pretty recently I had my first experience with shrooms. It was completely phenomenal. My friend gave me what was believed to be 3g and I split it into 3 equal piles and consumed 2, intending for my first trip to be that of 2g. My trip was very intense, very visual, very everything..which led me to believe it was much more than I thought. My friend who is experienced estimated it seemed like I'd taken 4g+.
Anyways, I have no way of really knowing how much I took. But, I still have the one remaining pile (half the dose I took last time) and I don't want them to go to waste. What experience could I expect from these? Any help would be great

This is what remains (what I already ate was fairly accurately double this):
img00268200912162300.jpg

Thanks.

it is really hard to tell because different shrooms can be denser, etc.. it looks like around 1/16th to me though.. a bit less.. i'm glad you enjoyed your trip!!

No one can tell you how much you have. Like the guy above me said shrooms can be of different densities. It is especially hard to tell you how much you have when you don't even know how much you had to being with.

This is basically and ID thread which isn't allowed.

Actually if you read my post, I wasn't asking at all how much is pictured lol...

I'm just wondering really what a lower dosage trip is even like? I've only had the one trip I mentioned, and it was rather intense. I don't want these to go to waste but it's only half of what I had. What I'm asking is what the experience would even be like.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I'm not asking how much it looks like is pictured.

you should still feel it from half of your strong dose. Though obviously its going to lighter, i wouldnt call it a waste though.
Shrooms are fun in low doses too. Just smoke some pot if you feel its not strong enough, that should kick it up a notch.

and wait at least a week between trips for optimal effects.