• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Methoxetamine Subthread] Adverse Effects / Side-effects

Mxe is an interesting drug, my first trials with the drug before reading many experience reports and having little knowledge about the drug other than it being ketamine like and having an M hole. I had not consumed ketamine yet but I had consumed a variety of psychedelics. I knew it was a compound different than ket with it's own unique effects obviously but I was totally unaware of what to expect. My first trial was 70mg sublingual, 25mg nasal 1 hour later. I felt disoriented as fuck like being hammered but there was little visual change, euphoria was subtle but present, nothing out of the ordinary. I had 3grams of the same batch so quality was the same every time I also ended up getting a 1g order of a completely different better looking product. Although looks don't mean a thing. My first trials were all with that 3g batch, I had a few oral trials with MXE because I heard of it's supposed increase in potency but didn't notice any extra intensity just a longer duration but only slightly. I had multiple experiences ranging from 50mg intranasal only, to a combined total of 175mg (100 + 75 @+1:30) I must have had 10-15 experiences with MXE before I started reading more trip reports. As most of my experiences ended up with extreme sedation and usually leading to me just falling asleep. But then when I was finishing the last of my 3g batch I consumed 150mg intranasal about a week after reading multiple people's accounts of hearing music playing in their head under the influence of MXE. Music that didn't sound like music they typically listen to just random ass music out of no where. My final experience at 150mg intransal I heard music during my experience I simply sat there with my eyes closed listening to music. Music I'd never heard before it was hard to describe the type of music, it had a more orchestral feel to it but as if the instruments were from another reality. Like they made sounds reminiscent of normal instruments in our daily lives but they had a range much greater, I imagine violins and orchestra type instruments in the future will change a lot by technology so they might sound like that at some point. But the music was blowing my mind because their had to be a source to the music, It was everywhere I went, so the music had to be playing in my head.

But who the fuck was playing the music? What was generating those sounds only crazy non existent instruments make? Who the hell composed this music? I have pretty much no artistic talent so I don't think I was composing an orchestra of futuristic instruments, that sounds fucking insane. The incredible complexity and beauty to the music also blew my mind.

I don't have any MXE at the moment but when I get some more I'm really curious to see if I get this invisible eyelid effect. It sounds like a pain in the ass for getting to sleep but I got nothing but time, and lots of sedatives but I prefer avoiding them if possible, So I usually just dose early in the day MXE doesn't keep me awake nearly as long as Never Knows Best, if I dosed as 7pm I would be asleep by midnight at the latest even sooner if I really wanted to go to bed.

Maybe the effects of psychedelics we perceive are heavily influenced by our lifestyles, the knowledge we obtain, as well as our daily lives. No one knows that buddhist monks trip will be the same as some rich kid who's never worked a day in his life. Everyone is unique, who's the say our psychedelic experiences aren't a sum of our lives up to this point.

Man I'm getting into some deep shit and I'm stone cold sober. Maybe drugs are more of a hindrance than a tool? Maybe the feeling of enlightenment we get from psychedelics (mxe not in particular mxe is a more for fun drug, but drugs like DMT, Mescaline and Lucy) is a false sense of enlightenment/education? Everyone I know personally see's the world differently after consuming psychedelics, they feel like they've learned something that most people don't know and some see it as Enlightenment whilst others see it as Burden, having to carry around the weight of the fact that our world doesn't have to be as fucked up as it is, that everyone could live comfortably not starving, not living in impoverished societies. There are entire countries where people are living in extreme poverty going to sleep every night wondering if they will have food to eat in the morning.

It's a fucking crazy world we live in, but it's the only world we got we gotta make it work, at this rate it'll all collapse under the stress we're putting on it.

I've noticed some GI problems after using MXE, such as mild nausea and diarrhea after using 50mg+

I have also experienced extreme sensitivity to light the morning after mxe, if its a sunny day I can barley open my eyes as it is far too bright. This side effects for me is by far the most annoying.

I know what you'e referring to I think. I usually get a throbbing pain in my lower core (generally on the right side, near where my kidneys are situated) after binging. Generally takes about a day or two to clear up, ice and heat and painkillers do little to alleviate the effects.

I wonder if it's actual toxicity, or if it's just my body having trouble metabolizing the enormous quantities (my tolerance has me at anywhere between 100mg - 300mg for an actual hole dose currently). I need a break maybe ha..

TAC said:
Perhaps individual sensitivity can explain why other heavy users don't seem to notice any problems. Maybe certain impure batches have toxic contaminants. Or perhaps it's just a weird synchronicity causing me to make false conclusions. However, needless to say, I'll not be using any more for quite some time, if ever.

As I recall, that first comprehensive British paper on recreational MXE use cited a study on mice that found it toxic to the kidneys and bladder. Can't find the name 'cause I lost all my PDFs when my computer broke. Not all K heavy users get pains or serious complications, but some do, so it is wise to be cautious here as well.

I am curious about the mention of dietary supplements. Have you noticed that magnesium and B vitamins make you feel better, or have you found some kind of scientific evidence to lead you to believe that it mitigates MXE toxicity?
I've read multiple accounts that MXE somehow burns magnesium, and my anecdotal evidence confirms this. My nerves get shaky after regular MXE use if I don't supplement magnesium.

I've noticed some GI problems after using MXE, such as mild nausea and diarrhea after using 50mg+.
I had a run-in with a batch of MXE that gave me GI problems, i.e. diarrhea, so it is most likely a contaminant. Pure batches don't effect my GI tract negatively at all.

I drink a lot of water to stay hydrated. I shoot for a gallon a day most days to piss clear.

I don't if this side-effect has been mentioned here, but when I use MXE the skin on my cheeks start to get really dry, flaky and sometimes almost painfully itchy. This is limited to the cheek area. My consumption is pretty limited compared to others with problems, but enough that I sometimes take it in everyday situations without telling my cohabiter.

Recently, I've been noticing a very worrying trend of sudden, sharp internal pains, in the general lower abdominal / bladder region, within ~48 hours after using. Even very small quantities, like 12 milligrams, will cause this effect.

What about the urination frequency? Do you also had to urinate more frequent this time?

What i can say is, that i had, well tbh :\ a damn shitload of uncommon things which i associated with MXE-intake, just to see they're all totally independent from each other. Perhaps it's really something to do with your...

paranoid imagination
:?

Last edited:
It seem MXE have a profile comparable to Ketamine when it come to perceptual trouble (depersonalization/HPPD/feeling fucked or similar stuff)... There is not many report of important perceptual disturbance from mxe when we compare for example with DXM...
Danger of MXE are probably mainly the long term one and from abuse (many time/week for months)... There is no many report of "one time with MXE fucked my brain" like you can see from MDMA, LSD, DXM....

DXM + derealization or HPPD in google give a shiton of responses
LSD + derealization or HPPD in ggle give more than a shitton of responses
MXE + dp/dr/HPPD give only a handfull reports, and sometime other drugs are involved.
Ketamine + dp/dr/HPPD give not many adverse effect report from single use too... Dr abraham notified 1 case of Ketamine induced visual disturbance in his last paper (2012), it was the first time he encountered a similar case...

dunno the frequency of usage of each drugs, thought.

Last edited:
So, after my first run with MXE back in 2012, I was starting to become a little suspicious that it was having a ketamine-like bladder toxicity effect, due to more frequent urination. So, I quit for a good 10 months or so.

Due to the fact that many people seemed to be getting away with far more heavy usage, compared to my relatively moderate consumption, I decided to assume that the side-effects were more or less my paranoid imagination, and started using again, a couple months ago.

Recently, I've been noticing a very worrying trend of sudden, sharp internal pains, in the general lower abdominal / bladder region, within ~48 hours after using. Even very small quantities, like 12 milligrams, will cause this effect.

Perhaps individual sensitivity can explain why other heavy users don't seem to notice any problems. Maybe certain impure batches have toxic contaminants. Or perhaps it's just a weird synchronicity causing me to make false conclusions. However, needless to say, I'll not be using any more for quite some time, if ever.

Stop. It's EWO. I'm back. I'm still fucked up from this same thing. We have spent a year in the doctors trying to figure it out. Literally hundreds of visits. We have it narrowed down to pyloric valve failure. My pyloric valve has stopped postulating and pumping food into my intestines. The food forces its way out now,mcausing sharp pains and bloody stools.

And the symptoms keep growing.

I have lots to tell you guys when I have the time about mxe side effects.

I'm the waiting list now for a colonoscopy and an endoscopy on the same visit. They are going in both ends with cameras to find out what the fuck is happening. Ill report back. This is taking forever and a day. The doctors are in no hurry. Lots of pain every day but "I'm not dying" they insist despite the chest pains and pyloric problems.

Please, if you are starting to feel them, stop use permanently. Take it from me.

FYI the pyloric valve is also known as the small stomach valve. It is how food leaves your stomach and enters the intestines. I guarantee you if you are getting the abdomen or chest pains you've already done irreversible damage.

Still have my kidney disease too. It never went away completely after stopping mxe.

TAC, I've read your shit and like you and you seem like a smart Person. You know what to do with this shit.

A good indicator you've done pyloric damage could be irregular stools or bloody stools. Ask me how I know. I'm in the hospital at least once a week still after a year

In my damaged opinion, best way to use MXE would be to do it once so hard you hole your tits off and don't stop until you meet god, then never use it again.

Last edited:
Of all people, you have to remember me night watch. You made me a forum to work out my mania.
I was using it slowly at first, then more and more as I became entangled in the web of mania.
I still, to this day, love the mania the most about it. That afterglow shit was crazy too. Loved it.
But there was many parts I did not love also. The incredibly earth shaking heart tremors and perceived heart attacks and chest pains and panic attacks and stomach pains... The whole nine yards.

A its peak, I was using nightly. Until it stopped working and I started getting weird pains.
I've consumed about 6 grams total, of about 10 various batches from around the globe. Maybe more... It's been a while and I forget. But at the least I did six grams of it for sure.

MXE was the best and worst drug I ever did. Changed my life forever.

The county hospital knows me by name in the emergency room and my doctors schedule me weekly appointments without even calling now, because we still can't FOR SURE determine exactly what the pain is.

The last thing they did was a "barium swallow x-ray" where I got to watch a live video x-ray of my internal organs. The doctor said the valve coming off my stomach is swollen and not working and food is forcing its way out into my intestines. We have a really good guess this is the problem, as these organs are directly where I point to the pain. But we still aren't 100% sure.
That's where the cameras come in. Literally.

Waiting for approval from insurance to be scoped in both ends at once.
When\if they find anything conclusive, ill report.
At any rate, the kidneys are still fucked too. Luckily not bad enough to be on dialysis yet.. But pretty damn close.

I should have known better. I should have listened to those who told me to be careful.
I'm smarter than that, but I fucking did it anyway and went to town. Now I'm paying the price.

Last edited:
i was actually just looking at that board the other night, after !!4iV4HF9R34g asked if anyone knew how you were doing.

6 grams really isn't a whole lot. i suspect that you might have had some sort of predisposition that caused the drug to damage you more that most others. still though, no one knows how common that predisposition may be, so it is definitely a good idea to spread your story and urge others to be cautious if they do MXE at all.

i suspect that you can reduce unwanted side effects by supplementing Vitamin B12 and Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ 10 for short). other dissociatives naturally deplete your body of those two substances, and there is every reason to suspect that MXE also does. idk how much they will do after the damage has already hit you though, so EWO if you are interested in either one you should definitely talk to your doctors about it first.

how was your food/beverage consumption during your binges, do you remember?

EWO Glad to see you posting again and putting up the good fight, I actually just mentioned you on the B&D MXE thread (someone else combining it with MDPV).
I'm also surprised you only did estimated 6 grams. *Gulp*. I've done much more than that over the past 2 years. I'm gonna guess 25-35 grams. Definitely taking a pre-emptive break though right now, probably at least a month.

Does anyone else get a feeling on their upper lip, kind of like a menthol feeling like theres a little bit of vicks vapor rub on it? 100% positive it's caused by MXE. Feels benign, but sometimes it lasts for days after using.

I'm surprised you guys are still so nice to me after being such an ass. Being under the influence really is no excuse for some of the things I did. Unless you consider the fact of what I was influenced by. MXE is the single most powerful thing I've ever done next to accidentally ingesting a large unknown amount of 25i-nBOME and My experience at a very young age on datura. Even DMT breakthroughs didn't get to me in this way that MXE did.

I'm glad I can't get it anymore. If it was right here, I'd probably stupidly do it again. Like the kid in the ketamine video.
The best prevention in my case is not to have it. I had the will power to quit cigarettes after 15 years of daily smoking. But not to stop myself from whoofing down the MXE.

I remember Colt Dan demanding I stay well hydrated and telling me I was stupid for doing things like dosing 200mg a night within a few hour span. I stayed well hydrated every time after the first once or twice I did it. Feeding... I'm not sure exactly. I don't remember.

Whatever predisposition it may have been, I notice lots of people complaining of chest and abdomen pains on this stuff. You are damaging your body. It's not worth it. When you get your hands on MXE, DO NOT use this stuff daily for long periods of time. That is where you are risking shit and that is where it loses its fun anyway.

Don't even do little tiny weak ass doses and waste it. Do one fat session a year and make it worth while, or what fat session for your life.. And make it worth while. If you are bumping on this shit like a stimulant and not holing, IMO that is a waste and you have no idea of the drug's true potential.

I can't do any drug now without it feeling different an it did before MXE. Sometimes if I smoke a fat bowl of medical OG Kush, I start feeling like I'm shrooming or getting MXE flashbacks.

I suppose it doesn't help that I was doing dumbass things like mixing LSD, DMT, MXE, Mushrooms and THC and scoops snax all at the same time in the same hour on the same night either. But I'm pretty much positive most of the damage happened with MXE FIRST, then I finished myself off with MDPV. Evil stuff that shit was.

MXE is a fucking beautiful thing. People need to learn what it is and share it like its god's gift and learn how to do it without getting fucked up... Because there is really something to that shit. Magic. In the form of a powder...

Of all people, you have to remember me night watch. You made me a forum to work out my mania.
I was using it slowly at first, then more and more as I became entangled in the web of mania.
I still, to this day, love the mania the most about it. That afterglow shit was crazy too. Loved it.
But there was many parts I did not love also. The incredibly earth shaking heart tremors and perceived heart attacks and chest pains and panic attacks and stomach pains... The whole nine yards.

A its peak, I was using nightly. Until it stopped working and I started getting weird pains.
I've consumed about 6 grams total, of about 10 various batches from around the globe. Maybe more... It's been a while and I forget. But at the least I did six grams of it for sure.

MXE was the best and worst drug I ever did. Changed my life forever.

The county hospital knows me by name in the emergency room and my doctors schedule me weekly appointments without even calling now, because we still can't FOR SURE determine exactly what the pain is.

The last thing they did was a "barium swallow x-ray" where I got to watch a live video x-ray of my internal organs. The doctor said the valve coming off my stomach is swollen and not working and food is forcing its way out into my intestines. We have a really good guess this is the problem, as these organs are directly where I point to the pain. But we still aren't 100% sure.
That's where the cameras come in. Literally.

Waiting for approval from insurance to be scoped in both ends at once.
When\if they find anything conclusive, ill report.
At any rate, the kidneys are still fucked too. Luckily not bad enough to be on dialysis yet.. But pretty damn close.

I should have known better. I should have listened to those who told me to be careful.
I'm smarter than that, but I fucking did it anyway and went to town. Now I'm paying the price.

Are you smoking a lot of weed when you get those heart tremors and perceived heart attacks? I've had those "oh shit my heart is going to explode, oh fuck" feeling only when I smoke a lot of weed when I'm on really high doses, and they only happen when I smoke to much. Mxe makes your weed tolerance drop ten fold when you're on it, and can cause those panic attacks. It only takes one or two hits to help catapult the hole.

Could it be a purity issue causing you all these problems? I remember almost two years ago I had a gram of real grainy yellowish dirty water colored mxe that felt very taxing and toxic but was low quality and felt that off of just one gram. Though I have a retarded tolerance and could go through 6 grams in 4 days of constant hole doses of the bright white salt/sugar looking crystal looking kind of mxe, I just cant imagine 6 grams of mxe is the root of all these problems. You mentioned mdpv use also I saw, I would look at that first, and other stimulants and poly drug use before I was convinced it was mxe. For me one of the most addicting things about mxe other than the shear beauty of it is its lack of side effects, theres really not much to tell you to stop dosing. This weird twitch in my foot that hung around last year for a couple weeks has been the only concerning thing I've had happen to me that I would blame on mxe, that and a bit of next day mental fog but that always clears up very quickly.