• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Methoxetamine Subthread] Adverse Effects / Side-effects

my GF has a lot of difficulty talking as well as walking(does the "high stepping" thing) on this stuff...she has to say e v e r y t h i n g very d e l i b e r a t e l y or she slurs a lot, is this a common phenomenon?
Granted, she does waaay more than me and I'm having to reign her in some, but her verbal ability is VERY affected. She knows what she wants to say, but enunciating it is problematic at times.
Also, I noticed some "brain zaps" on this stuff similar to cold turkeying an SSRI...has anyone one noticed anything like this? keep in mind though, that I mix mine w/3-MeO-PCP as a rule.
I'm also greatly curtailing my use presently...great anti-depressant, but too moreish to be left unchecked...

^ Good idea, that should also rule out whether this is gas related.

Jesus christ lol, ain't no shame in your game eh phuck ;).

If I can't say it here, where can I say it...if I'm going to be ashamed of something I generally won't do it...good rule of thumb IMO.

my GF has a lot of difficulty talking as well as walking(does the "high stepping" thing) on this stuff...she has to say e v e r y t h i n g very d e l i b e r a t e l y or she slurs a lot, is this a common phenomenon?
Granted, she does waaay more than me and I'm having to reign her in some, but her verbal ability is VERY affected. She knows what she wants to say, but enunciating it is problematic at times.

yeah that is pretty common, happens to me too at higher doses.

What are some of the more common side effects of cold turkeying off MXE? My GF let her intake get a little too high and now she's having some issues on the comedown such as anxiety, heart racing, that sort of stuff.
Het intake at its peak was 100-120mg IM injection and the last couple of days there was a little 3-meo-pcp in the mix, 6/1 ratio of MXE/3-meo-PCP for maybe 2 days.
Personally I think the anxiety is most of her problem, bur if anyone knows of the physical dangers of this combo let us know...please don't preach just some solid anecdotal evidence of quitting this shit all at once...
Oh, this has been going on for3-4 weeks with the PCP in only the last 2 or 3 days.
My curtailing has produced mostly a giddy butterflies in the stomach feeling which is actually not at all unpleasant, to me,...my GF disagrees. She is concerned about her heart, again, I think anxiety has a lot to do w/her problem.
Moderation is not her, or my, strong suit...obviously.
Will welcome all advice...MOL
Can anyone give a little comfort to a scared person...we still want the truth however, not some sugar-coated bullshit.
I've been talking her down, but some outside info will be welcomed.

combining yohimbine and mxe caused me to stay up for a super long time and feel really terrible for the comedown. It was honestly similar to when I combined MDMA and MXE, I felt "juicy" lol

I bought a gram of MXE maybe 8 months ago and finally finished it last week (glad I did or I might've done more). Anyway, after I first got it I was experimenting for some time, then eventually I started dosing at a frequency of once a week or less at about 40mg IM at a time. During these times, I only experienced slight acidic pee.. not a true burn like UTI, which I actually did catch one time possibly from snorting ketamine a while before.

Then last weekend I had done 100mg~ IM total dosed 3x within two days. On the third day I had strange sensations in my guts (especially the kidneys) and my stomach felt very bloated. Since then I've been able to feel my kidneys - they were really tense in the beginning but now it feels like its getting better. I seem to be peeing more frequently, but I'm also trying to hydrate like fuck.

My kidneys still have a slight discomfort once in a while, and I've recently noticed my feet are a bit swollen. I'm certainly done with MXE as I'm scared as shit of chronic/acute renal failure. If I were back home, I would see a doctor ASAP and get my urine tested. But amiss, I'm 6,000+ miles away in a foreign country on vacation for another two weeks.

I've went through this thread and haven't found anything about swollen extremeties. It's very slight but I hope it goes away. Any advice?

Stay away from this shit guys. Stick to 3-meo-PCP (unless there's problems with that that I don't know about).

edit: If this helps anyone, I heard that if you're peeing more frequently and your pee is always pale, it's a bad sign because it means your kidneys aren't removing waste. So I troubleshooted by eating a strong multivitamin that always had made my piss super yellow, and it made my piss yellow again! :) So I may not be totally fucked.

Last edited:
That was either a nasty batch of MXE (or wasn't MXE) or your problems aren't related to the MXE use, most likely, since that was a relatively small amount of MXE spread over such a long time. I could be wrong because everyone reacts differently, but that is my hunch based on experience of doing an order of magnitude more MXE than that without issue.

edit: If this helps anyone, I heard that if you're peeing more frequently and your pee is always pale, it's a bad sign because it means your kidneys aren't removing waste.

Depends how hydrated you are

Not bloating but me and a friend both agree that MXE makes us fart a lot, it feels like from deep down inside, farts straight from the stomach is what it feels like.

I agree with the bloating/gas comments and believe it's akin to 'acid farts' which are a commonly discussed phenomenon.

I believe the current hypothesis is that during trips or extended mental ordeals, the mind re prioritizes bodily functions including peristaltis which can lead to accumulation of gas in the intestinal tract.

Once things start 'moving' again, you belt out some really foul rippers, like soul-tearing machine gun farts. The kind that make you feel like a new man afterwards.

Lol yeah first times I did MXE I noticed the farts. I was with my friend and I could feel the fart about to escape my butt hole so I purposefully fell to the ground as I erupted a huge fart. It was great.

Also MXE + MDMA definitely made me feel "juicy" too lol, like thick and it kind of made my face look cartoonish/orange

The 'farting' talk resonates with my belief that MXE is a tool purge the body (and the mind and spirit) of unwanted spirits. A cleasing tool if I I have ever seen one.

Last edited:
I have concluded that MXE should be microdsosed for most purposes. Stronger doses are reserved for stronger healings effects such as overcoming PTSD or addiction tendencies. Large doses worked for me only becaseu I had a lot of work to do in healing myself. I was on the verge of leaving this realm completely. So choose your dosing regimen wisely based on your condition. Also note there is a trinity of influence. Set and setting acount for as much as the molecule itself.

I don't mean to disrespect you but farting is releasing gas it has NOTHING to do with releasing unwanted spirits. I respect that MXE/Dissociatives have saved you from committing suicide but that is NOT a good model to spread. I GUARANTEE that MXE/Dissociatives have driven (otherwise normal/happy) people to commit suicide. Your case is unique and it is not appropriate to spread the notion that MXE/Dissocatives will help anyone. Fine, I am hypocritical. I've abused MXE/K/3-MeO-PCP, but I am NOT suggesting others to do them. They have an anti-depressive/numbing effect in some people sure, but that is not beneficial to everyone. They are dangerous and addictive substances.

I agree with the poster above even though I love MXE and dissociatives.

Just to add to the thread,
I stopped MXE because of sides effects. I was averaging 300mg to 500mg each two weeks (in a binge) from mid 2013 to mid 2014 with months long pauses, and at the end, every single intake lead to scary weeks long duration side effect. Was feeling detached, -60% IQ, dizzy, etc. One time I forgot all my programming skills for 1 week. Another one I ended in HP. Last one my Dr said to me I was the worst case of dissociation she ever met, was speaking almost nonsensical (but I wasn't delirious : I stayed aware of my condition), and was sent to HP one more time. Impressive IQ degradation. Head was so much in cloud that Medics helped me to make my meal tray because I was unable to do so.

After stopping, all eventually have gone back to normal after, lets say, 1 month.
In the active "addiction" period, I was somewhat of an egoistical illuminated moron with the dissociative way of thinking as I like to call it, and have been dumped by my girlfriend due to that. I don't know if this egoistical/manic streak was the result of having found a new way to be interested into something (DRUGS at this time) or simply the direct result of methoxetamine intake.
Wonderfull drug thought.

Last edited:
Perhaps ther is little to no truth to the farting and spirit purging of MXE's effects. Under the influence we love to connect EVERYTHING to some synchronous divine process, as if it it all has a reason. 'Pronoia' is a good word to follow during synchronous times.. But, our perceptions are skewerd on the drugs so we my atrirbltey conect unrelated moments.
When the suynchronicity is uncanny I tentifollow it to beneficial conlusions, but that alsoay be ungrounded delusiton. refelction and grounding must be applied to extract concesensus reality in dissociation.
Hope I made sense just now.

what you call synchronous divine process is the process in the brain wich stay somewhat unafected by MXE use. All is fucked in your brain, classical association doesn't work anymore synchronously with our reality, so associative thinking is more closer to the informations given by process that are left somewhat OK since he's the only one making sense at the moment.
With experience one can get better and better at getting a particular process unafected by the dissociative experience, ie 'consciousness', keeping track of event while on dissociative/staying conscious. It can be called 'tolerance' or 'loss of magic' too, lol.

Perhaps ther is little to no truth to the farting and spirit purging of MXE's effects. Under the influence we love to connect EVERYTHING to some synchronous divine process, as if it it all has a reason. 'Pronoia' is a good word to follow during synchronous times.. But, our perceptions are skewerd on the drugs so we my atrirbltey conect unrelated moments.
When the suynchronicity is uncanny I tentifollow it to beneficial conlusions, but that alsoay be ungrounded delusiton. refelction and grounding must be applied to extract concesensus reality in dissociation.
Hope I made sense just now.

Yeah that makes sense, I've definitely felt that feeling too. I think it's one of the most enjoyable aspects of MXE. I do enjoy the psychological journey it creates even if it is just lala land :p.