• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Methamphetamine

This cat gets it ^^^ The drugs we had in the late 90s and early 2000s were galaxies beyond what is peddled on the streets now. Its embarrassing to even call some of these substances drugs in the first place. The Isopropylbenzylamine is a nightmare Meth substitute. I performed the Bleach test recently and had the SAME EXACT results you speak of. Its a damn shame and a sham. Stay away from ISO, it will melt your bones and brain away, i've seen it too many times down in the South. I envy anyone who actually still gets 'meth' - its a ghost.
Ive been an on again off again user since 2000, and a daily user for almost a year now, so my tolerance is high. Theres still real meth regularly here in AZ. And even better shit when you get further out into the desert.
Had a week long streak of lousy shit during the covid onset but that was fixed lol.

At least someone is getting the real deal and this alone makes me happy. Just wish the product near the border wasn't trash.
The quality can be all over the place depending on where you're at, but I kind of remember it always being that way. I just had some stuff that blew my mittens off. Straight old school crystal like we used to get years ago that had the appearance of wet table salt. Euphoria, energy, motivated. And that's with a mean tolerance. Unfortunately, i have a feeling it's small batch stuff so who knows how long it'll last but it's definitely made locally.

idk reading this makes me wonder i usta get my meth from
Yeah. Its depressing. Really is lol... I'm from Oregon around Portland area. And Aparently all the shit comes from Mexico. Which is all garbage. I don't understand why social media says its purer than ever... Bull. I believe its or most of it is that isopropylbenzamine crap. I heard Afghanistan has been using plant based Epheda methods.. That sounds nice.

I know that's weird I usta get all mine (last year) from Cali wich came from Mexico n if I smoked 1.2 grams I'd be up at least 2 days ago reading this makez me wanna get more

When my dealers doesn't feel like cooking he will source local stuff and he just so happens to live in arizona. I had seen other posts about arizona being the last place on earth that has real meth and here's another confirmation of that. He only gets stuff from dealers way out in the desert.

Again, al of these posters on here saying this has to do with brain chemistry, tolerance, etc.. are all either working for the cartels of have never had real meth before. PERIOD. Like tweakerguy said, and i did in my other post, no matter how long you have been using or how long you have been up the real meth will give you instant euphpria and energy. PERIOD.

My dealer is no longer cooking and I just recently bought an ounce for 500$ from a 'dealer to the stars' in hollywood thinking at least celebs/rich people would still be getting real shit but no it was absolute shit. So depressed, can't write anymore. what a horrible situation i am in now and have no choice but to sleep for a couple weeks and start living the boring ass sober life. FUCK!!

(sorry for not replying to PM's. too depressed. )

** for you chem guys , is there an easy way to test for opiates. the cartel stuff i get always gives me constipation, which i haven't had since my oxy/H days. also is there a way to test for PCP? I'm pretty sure this stuff has PCP in it having had expereince with it in the past. also FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK ! !!!
Damn so you ain’t getting the good shit no more? Guess it’s a good thing I’m still sober but fuck I’ve been craving some bomb crystal from back in the 2000s

the real meth will give you instant euphpria and energy. PERIOD.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to say it's a surefire thing that meth will produce euphoria. In most cases it will, but there comes a point where your body can't keep up with your mind eventually. By day 3 of staying up not eating anything the next 50g of meth won't be anywhere near as pleasing as the first 50mg.

The thought experiment I always use is, imagine you were having a truly miserable day, you got robbed, your girlfriend left you for your ugly cousin, your father died, you're a barely functional homeless polydrug addict doing grimy shit all day, alone, trusting nobody. Doing some meth might pick you up but I would expect a predisposition for a bad time.
In contrast, if you are living the high life, have a secure future, you're well fed and rested, in an environment with some close friends, music, a properly selected dose, etc. it would be very unusual to have a bad time,

It is curious to note that I only ever hear long-term meth users complain about product quality these days. Usually some prodding questions reveal that they still experience the usual physical effects from meth use though - a dose will raise their HR/BP/body temp etc, but they don't feel euphoric, more often paranoid and craving more meth.

I'm pretty sure this stuff has PCP in it having had expereince with it in the past.

You would absolutely know if your meth had PCP in it. The average person given 10-20mg of PCP will be totally zonked. (also pcp is much more expensive, and also a bad combo with meth... erratic behaviour + strange thought processes + paranoia/adrenaline + hypervigilance = bad shit. Like, fighting with cops type shit.

I heard Afghanistan has been using plant based Epheda methods.. That sounds nice.

I would expect most D-methamphetamine to come from ephedrine alkaloids. Usually it's synthetic pseudoephedrne from L-PAC and not the natural product though. Extracting Ephedra spp. is simply not cost effective in comparison. It's not like meth is hard to make, it's a one step reduction after all, been done for over 100 years now.

Also, re: isopropylbenzylamine, at least where I live (Vancouver) there is enough meth around that competition drives out the shit product. Sure you could cut your shit, bur when the other 3 guys on the block have pure shit, you just lose clientele. I don't claim to have tested all the meth availiable here but when I was GCMSing stuff I rarely if ever saw meth cut with anything, and never N-Iso.

Last edited:
I think it's a bit of a stretch to say it's a surefire thing that meth will produce euphoria. In most cases it will, but there comes a point where your body can't keep up with your mind eventually. By day 3 of staying up not eating anything the next 50g of meth won't be anywhere near as pleasing as the first 50mg.

It is curious to note that I only ever hear long-term meth users complain about product quality these days. Usually some prodding questions reveal that they still experience the usual physical effects from meth use though - a dose will raise their HR/BP/body temp etc, but they don't feel euphoric, more often paranoid and craving more meth.

THIS 100% ⬆
I should've clarified in my other post that while I did get some extremely good meth out in the desert, I wasn't implying everything else was dog shit, just not nearly as good. We also had a streak of fake whoknowswhat going around Tucson for about a week, so finding actual meth was a serious luxury at the time. But probably that 50/50 stuff is what's most widely available the rest of the time. Which is ok but if you're a long term user, it gets very "blah" after a few days.
I've got zero doubt this local small batch stuff was made with good ol' Sudafed ⚗🏜👨‍🔬

The meth I use gets me high just fine. The key is that I rarely ever use meth anymore!

Meth heads use heavily with hardly any time between. You cant use constantly and expect the high not to diminish significantly.

Tolerance can literally change the drug experience so drastically that many meth heads believe that its ALL BAD meth "these days". Which is simply bullshit.

For long term users it will take months, if not longer, of complete abstinence to see any real difference. Taking days off intermittently doesn't reset the effects of the use at all.

Meth heads dont like to acknowledge that there is a limit on how much meth you can use before the drug is essentially ruined. Eventually, all positive effects will subside and there will be no goid "high" to speak of.

Some people think they can simple push through by using higher doses or to "get the good shit" to achieve the high that they so desperately miss. But its not ever going to happen and the longer and harder you chase it, the deeper the whole will become.

This isnt an opinion!

Meth does have a tipping point. You can use too much, over too long and it will alter how your body/brain functions and reacts. Not to mention you could possible cause irreversible damage if you dont stop.

Many users under estimate the effect that meth truly has on them. Over time they get so far from "normal" they think a 3-5 day break will be a reset, which is not even remotely close.

Long term meth use can fuck up literally everything, including your ability to get high on the shit.

Solution: Quit forever or totally relearn how to use the drug.

It seems obvious but many people think you can just use more and more without issue but with meth it isnt true.

You can keep pumping more meth in and you will definitely still get fucked up. Just not in any of the ways you wanted to begin with.

Thats so true! Methamphetamine is neurotoxic in chronic heavy use, if thats not enough to scare u then I don't know what is!

I still have some of the first shard I ever smoked, from about 3 months ago, and it got me totally high af then. But now that exact same shard is almost junk, and no longer gets me that high.... must have expired.... lmao. It definitely cant be from tolerance, someone must have takin its mojo, hehe

From my knowledge meth doesn't go bad unless its stored in water wich degrades it must been iso and meth combined thatd be my guess although I've shot meth n not even noticed it till 30 minutes to an hour later but if be up for 3 days I was doing alot of drugs at that time though

Hehe, sorry that was a poor attempt at a joke, about meth not being what it use to be, lol. It's still pretty good, I just need a lot more of it now, I take better care of my stash then I do takin care of my self. Lol

Lol I hear you my stash is my baby lol but when doing meth I shoot no less than .3 or 300mg n then 30 minutes to an hour later I do another 300mg an so on for until it runs out lol

Reactions: R3K
Lol I hear you my stash is my baby lol but when doing meth I shoot no less than .3 or 300mg n then 30 minutes to an hour later I do another 300mg an so on for until it runs out lol

Time to quit when that constant re-dosing is necessary - just wasting time and money and killing your veins (I just got to this point recently - so no evangelical ex-methhead like a new ex-methhead)

Something to keep in mind. The body doesn't assimilate meth like it does any other drug, that's why:
1. OD's are rare.
2. You hear all kinds of stories of evaporating piss to reuse. drinking meth piss, etc.
3. you only get so high.
Having started as an IV coke user ( 30 + ago), with the nose bleedin, gasoline scales of yesteryear,
bangin any speed was comparatively a let down. Once ya hear the train...
Some really good info vids on youtube concerning how it works on ya. Knowledge.
Great one dated 2011, black scientist w/ dreads 20 min.?
It's the lack of sleep/ hyd/nutr that causes tweak freaks. ( NS Sherlock). Oh yeah and google drinking meth piss video.
Funny shit.

Time to quit when that constant re-dosing is necessary - just wasting time and money and killing your veins (I just got to this point recently - so no evangelical ex-methhead like a new ex-methhead)

I actually don't use meth for that reason lol

if u need to regent test it then i'm sorry to say that you are not an experienced meth user. One hit and i can tell you within a minute or two.
I'd say I'm sufficiently experienced to know that using my body as a tester for unknown chemicals is pretty risky when there are reagents. That said, reagents only tell you there is some meth in your crystal - not all the other shit there might be, so ultimately that first shot is always a test of sorts.

@tweakerguy I thought we'd reached the conclusion that meth disapointments were basically down to too much l-meth and not enough d-meth on the one hand and too much cunningly crystalised cut baked into our shards on the other.

but real meth should cost anywhere from 50-90 a gram. in the USA.
Christ. It's about that a point in Australia at present. And that's for the stuff originally coming in from Myanmar with real precursors from China.

i know all too well what u guys pay over there in australia.. my heart goes out to you. I still dont know how your customs agensts are the only ones in the world that are able to find 90 percent of the drugs coming in...

Given just how many Aussies are into meth, I'm not sure they are getting 90 %. But the size of the seizures here is incredible - as high as several hundred kilos in one shipment.

i I am not saying to go out and do a gram of the shit but for me all i need is a small line and can tell if it is good or not.

It's different when you are a shooter and in it for the rush. You need a big hit first up and that's where thr risk is. If you try a little bump first your rush will be reduced.

also dont u guys ever wonder how the cops are getting such high purity results on the meth they are testing... it;'s becuase the tests no longer work on the stuff being sold. My meth guy used to get readings og 90+ percent purity sometimes but it was never even close to that. I am sure the police are aware of this but for them it makes for great headlines which means more money for their divisions .etc.. Everyone knows how money corrupts everything and anything it touches.
If it was all l-methamphetamine you would get a 90%+ purity reading but a shitty high compared to it being pure d-meth. THe police and authorities here definitely like to put the frighteners on the public about meth. It hasn’t been helped by a few famous celebrities going insane on meth very publicly.

i know all too well what u guys pay over there in australia.. my heart goes out to you. I still dont know how your customs agensts are the only ones in the world that are able to find 90 percent of the drugs coming in...

I disagree though about testing.. I think of it like giving your body a little bit of the flu to build up your immune system. I don't believe in anti-biotics . I am not saying to go out and do a gram of the shit but for me all i need is a small line and can tell if it is good or not. I was also told that the cartel meth was developed to give false positives because my guy used to come home with his regent tests that used to work quite well but he stopped using them because they the resutls were not accurate...
I doubt customs is finding anywhere near that much. i'd say at best they find 1%-5% of the stuff that comes thru at best. And as far as customs go a few years back there was a bunch of them(customs agents) got busted for
taking payoffs to look the other way and let coke and pseudo ephedrine thru. It was the whole shift of customs agents.as in every customs agent on in that shift was in on it.a whole fuckin shift of them.it was beautiful in a way.

Given just how many Aussies are into meth, I'm not sure they are getting 90 %. But the size of the seizures here is incredible - as high as several hundred kilos in one shipment.

It's different when you are a shooter and in it for the rush. You need a big hit first up and that's where thr risk is. If you try a little bump first your rush will be reduced.
For every 3 hundred kilo shipment they find there's ten to twenty they don't find

I would expect most D-methamphetamine to come from ephedrine alkaloids.
It seems that may not be the case anymore when it comes to Mexican methamphetamine (bold mine):
Canada, which had been a main supplier of pseudoephedrine to Mexico, enacted legislation in January 2005 to control its distribution (Government of Canada, 2005). Mexico began to limit imports of pseudoephedrine to manufacturers in 2006 and further restrictions were placed on the sale of over-the-counter cold medications in 2007 (Randewich, 2007). The seizure of a “rogue” commercial chemical company in Mexico that had illegally imported more than 60 tons of pseudoephedrine and the 2008 ban on all pseudoephedrine and ephedrine products in Mexico resulted in significant decreases in methamphetamine purity and treatment admissions in Texas and Mexico (Cunningham et al., 2010).

As the precursor bans in Mexico and the U.S. became effective, the purity dropped but later rose (DEA, 2010a) as the producers shifted to the P2P process, which uses chemicals other than pseudoephedrine (Logan, 2002). By the first quarter of 2011, 77% of the domestic and Mexican samples examined by the DEA Special Testing and Research Laboratory were produced using the P2P method, while the phosphorus-iodine method was identified by DEA in only 9% of the samples. The other 22% were mixed combinations or unknown precursors (DEA, 2011c).

The methamphetamine molecule exists as two enantiomers: that processed with ephedrine or pseudoephedrine yields d- methamphetamine while the P2P recipe produces combinations of d- and l- methamphetamine, which in an equal mixture of d- and l- is a racemic mixture. Using isomer purification techniques, the proportion of d- methamphetamine made with the P2P process is increasing. In the first quarter of 2010, 50% of the samples were d- isomer only and 35% were d- with l- isomers. In the fourth quarter of 2010, 62% were d- isomer only and 25% were d- with l- isomers (DEA, 2010b).
By "isomer purification techniques," I assume they mean classical resolution.

Nowadays, almost none of the meth coming from Mexico is made from (pseudo)ephedrine:
Methamphetamine production in Mexico remains high, as domestic production has been decreasing. Mexican TCOs [transnational criminal organizations] have moved away from the heavily restricted precursors ephedrine and pseudoephedrine in favor of methods that involve less restricted chemicals that are easier to obtain. Mexican TCOs produce methamphetamine using the reductive amination method, which uses the precursor phenyl-2-propanone (P2P) instead of pseudoephedrine. According to the DEA MPP, 98 percent of samples analyzed in the second half of 2018 were produced using this method. Mexico TCOs are able to produce methamphetamine that is highly pure and potent, while less expensive to produce, which has contributed to the decline of domestic production.

In mid-2014, a new forensic profile emerged for samples analyzed from the SWB and other domestic locations. This new method has become the primary method for samples seized and analyzed at the SWB and in the interior of the United States. This newer profile is linked to an alternate P2P recipe called the nitrostyrene method, which starts with benzaldehyde and nitroethane as the key precursors.

MPP data reflects that the newer P2PNitrostyrene method decreased in prevalence from the first half of 2018 from 22 percent of samples analyzed to 12 percent in the second half of 2018, a 45 percent decrease from the second half of 2017, and a 77 percent decrease from the first half of 2017. Older phenyl-acetic acid (PAA) profiles have experienced a 45 percent increase from the first half of 2018 supporting a growing trend of older PAA-type recipes. Profiles that contained a mixture of both P2P methods decreased by 13 percent from the first half of 2018, but maintained a larger portion of analyzed samples than in the first half of 2017 increasing 88 percent (see Figure 44). This shift may be in reaction to precursor chemical restrictions and seizures focusing on the newer Nitrostyrene methods.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any more recent data on enantiomeric purity of methamphetamine samples from the DEA's Methamphetamine Monitoring Program.

It seems that may not be the case anymore when it comes to Mexican methamphetamine (bold mine):

By "isomer purification techniques," I assume they mean classical resolution.

Nowadays, almost none of the meth coming from Mexico is made from (pseudo)ephedrine:

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any more recent data on enantiomeric purity of methamphetamine samples from the DEA's Methamphetamine Monitoring Program.
Some bunk ass ephedrine they use then