• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals [Mescaline Subthread] Species of Cacti & Cultivation

lol yeah... first time i did mushrooms, spent what seemed like eternity (1-2 hours maybe) in the Void, most intense ego loss/dissociation i've had, but now realize it to be one of the best trips i ever had...
just took awhile...half a year... to realize that

just took awhile...half a year... to realize that

Heh heh yeah it's often the case with 'difficult' or challenging trips.

^An even 22000 post zophen :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ptah said:
IIRC there's more than 300 alkaloids present in Peyote. Which one do you prefer?
Cannabis ssp's with almost similar genetic makeup can be very very different when smoked.
Back when I still smoked those my preferences depended on the environment and the time of day.

I mean to say that YMMV and probably depends entirely or set/setting and maybe a bit of totally personal preference.

(I didn't like peyote much despite several experiments, and have never tried San P. for that reason. I found the gastrointestinal distress way too distracting)

I thought peyote had around 65 and san pedro around half a dozen which is why san pedro is supposed to be easier on the stomach - the fewer alkaloids the less stomach distress.

Ismene said:
I thought peyote had around 65 and san pedro around half a dozen which is why san pedro is supposed to be easier on the stomach - the fewer alkaloids the less stomach distress.
I prefer to wait for Santa and his magic mesc baggie but maybe, maybe I'll try SP knowing what I know now. Thx.

Btw not all my peyote experiments were a 100% waste of time. I recall one night while "testing" my girlfriend came home and she was the most beautiful thing (not a person...she was waaaay beyond "person"...) I had ever seen.
I intensely enjoyed communicating with her and enjoying her presence.
Still mainly a "gastro" trip though.

Cactus ID please?

Hopefully you guys can help me... I have no idea what this is... looks like a trichocereus of some sort. I've checked against different photos but there are so many similarities and differences it's a bit frustrating. I'm hoping it is something good though :)

img3287m.jpg

img3285c.jpg

img3299l.jpg

I found the thing sitting on someone's lawn for rubbish pickup. Don't know if it ever had any spikes though...

Last edited:
i may be wrong (so please correct me if i am), but i was under the impression that ID threads were a no no.

is that just for pills and RCs?

i may be wrong (so please correct me if i am), but i was under the impression that ID threads were a no no.

is that just for pills and RCs?

I believe you are correct but they still come all the time anyway, the search results for this would probably fill 2 pages.

Anyways, it's a trichocereus of some sort, only one way to find out if it's active.... If it's not active I highly doubt it'd be poisonous, give it a run.

I wish I could find something like that in a pile of yard waste. :p Not too many outdoor cacti up here and definitely no trichocereus :(

I believe you are correct but they still come all the time anyway, the search results for this would probably fill 2 pages.

Anyways, it's a trichocereus of some sort, only one way to find out if it's active.... If it's not active I highly doubt it'd be poisonous, give it a run.

I wish I could find something like that in a pile of yard waste. :p Not too many outdoor cacti up here and definitely no trichocereus :(

thank you, good sir. and since i'm not here to be a buzz kill, i'll give my two cents.

if it was in someone's garbage, then i would assume that it was just a house plant to them, not something they were growing for any desired effect or specific purpose. and on those grounds i would say that the chance that this cactus is psychoactive is very small.

if it was in someone's garbage, then i would assume that it was just a house plant to them, not something they were growing for any desired effect or specific purpose. and on those grounds i would say that the chance that this cactus is psychoactive is very small.

Apparently in climates that can support them many trichocereus species are grown for ornamental purposes and many of them are indeed active. The most common active ornamental is trichocereus pachanoi (San Pedro). People who grow it for ornamental purposes simply aren't aware of it's psychoactivity. ;)

Hah, the needles are removed? It Does look like a trichocereus of some sort. I'd Say cut some pieces, peel the skin off and eat some of the green flesh..dried skins can be powdered...the green stickyicky tissue is edible...try a low dosage..

i hope you know how to extract from cacti..eating cacti isn't really pleasant but it's A LOT better than trying to swallow morninglory seeds ugh...

Apparently in climates that can support them many trichocereus species are grown for ornamental purposes and many of them are indeed active. The most common active ornamental is trichocereus pachanoi (San Pedro). People who grow it for ornamental purposes simply aren't aware of it's psychoactivity. ;)

well color me surprised. in my neighborhood, those things are a staple for front yards and living rooms. i suppose i just never associated "san pedro" with its scientific name.

You lucky SOB :p If mescaline producing cacti were ubiquitous in my area I would consider that a small piece of heaven. :)

Lol. I wonder if anything like the poppy-stealing phenomenon I've witnessed happens in those areas.

If someone had a ridiculous surplus of it, like a bush with 50 branches, it'd be justified to walk over when they're gone and chop of a foot or 2. If they're cool people ask them of course. "Can I grab a cutting from that cactus? It's really cool looking, I'd like to grow one of my own." So easy. :) If only I lived in a place like that.

Bad karma to steal from gardens. I wouldn't want some druggie running around my yard decapitating my poppies and/or cacti. Although I've done it myself before (waiting for my karma now).