• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals [Mescaline Subthread] Species of Cacti & Cultivation

I see those all the time here in San Antonio, TX. It looks just like the San Pedro I have eaten before, but I am no cactus expert so I couldn't tell the difference. It takes alot to get high and it is the nastiest thing I have ever eaten. I threw up just from a little bit.

Nibiru: I was thinking that, but if people wouldn't even know it's gone and it's going towards a good purpose and they don't even know of it's potential...

Now if people swipped my pot plants I tended to and cared for for a whole summer I'd be rip raving furious.

It seems down south growing cacti is extremely easy. They grow rapidly without much care so it's not even as if you're taking something someone worked really hard for.

But yeah, stealing is bad. Ask them for a cutting, I couldn't see people being douchebags about it unless they know what you want it for and are vehemently anti-drug.

i may be wrong (so please correct me if i am), but i was under the impression that ID threads were a no no.

Sorry guys, (particularly to the mods), I didn't realise. But please make this exception for me this one time as this thread helps (and indeed has already helped) me greatly.

trichocereus scopulicolus... maybe.

I think you might be right on the money here, expothead. I am almost 100% that this cactus is scopulicolus, check these out...

Echinopsis_scopulicola.jpg

2622530567_abc043787c.jpg

echinopsisscopullicola2.jpg

Wiki claims, 'It readily forms hybrids with another Bolivian species, Trichocereus bridgesii' This pleases me greatly :)

Another site says, 'Many claim this species contains mescaline, but there has never been any official studies done, so any speculation about its properties are without solid scientific support.'

Hmm. What do you think would be a suitable testing dose/size? This thing weights a tonne - at least 15kg. It's been sitting in my room for about 2 weeks now. Would it still be "good"? It seems to have become a darker green... then again it has been dying for at least 2 weeks since its discovery...

Well, anyway, I think I'm going to go through with consumption. I really hope I don't die as that would not be cool. At all. Even if I do, cheers for the help guys, you've been awesome. I'll see you all on the other side either way haha. Any tips for preparation on the test dose?

Last edited:
I'd say dried material extraction with everclear would be okay.
I have tried to mask the taste of dried cactus with everything from chocolate milk to lime sherbet with no success. It is SO VILE. Its worth the effort to make an extraction, trust me.

^seconded. The tea is horridly vile and will produce a decent amount of nausea. Simple alcohol extraction is the way to go. Just parachute the tar like residue, don't have to taste the stuff and nausea is greatly reduced.

dont eat the skin.. it will make the experience far more nauseating. You dont need it and there is no active chemicals in it.

Offcourse, peel the skin and dry them for possible later and powder them for later. Most of the mescaline is claimed to be right under the skin..

Oh, if you want a white cactus don't let it rot untill it looks so bad you wouldn't want to touch it anyway.

yeah but if you've ever actually prepared a san pedro cactus(which i personally have) then you'd know that the skin comes off in waxy sheets, with no flesh attached(if you do it right). Its useless, full of wax, and has no alkaloids. It will make you nauseas and thats about it.

i'd say to let it dry out a bit, hopefully it starts rooting - and plant it! Watch it grow for a couple of years, and then harvest if you feel necessary.

So it has been confirmed to be trichocereus scopulicolus.

I gave it to my friend and he chopped it up into buttons and put it in the freezer. How long will it last in there? Any storage tips you would like to offer him?

Last edited:
I guess I should UTFSE but, is it that hard to do a A/B extraction on the goo? Big emulsion problems?

I know the ethogenic community thinks that getting the broad spectrum of all the natural alkaloids is preferable, but alot of the unpleasent affects are caused by those other alkaloids. I guess unless it's synthesized you'll still get most of those other alkaloids anyway, so I guess there's no gain.

All I know is that with synthetic i.e. pure mescaline, virtually no stomach/gastro difficulties occurred.

I don't believe AB'ing mesc is particularly any more difficult than any other extraction except that it involves xylol and a whole lotta defatting.

Xylol is some nasty shit.

You don't have to use xylene for mescaline extraction. You should be able to do it with naphtha just fine.

San Pedro Preparation

(Tried search first, didn't come up with anything relevant in the first few pages so I decided to make a new post :))

How do you prepare San Pedro while causing the least amount of damage to the plant? Like, without cutting off an entire limb...
Would basically shaving the green layer off (Which I consistently hear contains the mescaline alkaloids) and leaving the remaining live cactus in the shade for a while prove sustainable?

Well i got them pre cut i think online. All i did was grind the dried cacti up ,empty them in boiling water . Brew for 30 to 60 mins. Then to make the taste better add a tea bag to brew and add as much sugar as u wnt and add milk . It should look like regular tea now . Now pour the mix through a sieve into another cup . The drink should just look like normal tea you drink on a day to day basis . Then Drink up the cup u poured the sieved mixture in . It will obviously taste a bit strange . In around an hour u should be trippin ! Gd luck

Cheers, but I really want to find out if it would be a sustainable venture to grow my own :). I'll definitely try your recipe though!

Yeah . Im sorry i actually read the full question after i wrote my post .lol . . . But yeah growing ur own wouldnt be worth it unless u plant loads . I heard they take up to a year to grow so u have to grow loads .dont take my word Im nt 100 percent sure . U should check it out .

Yeah, and thats just to get them about a foot or so high.

I want to see if its possible to skin them without totally destroying the plant, leaving it to regrow its green skin after a while :)

Edit: And I do realise that the exposed skin will scab over, I'm just curious if it will eventually return to its original green state, or even if the scab itself contains mescaline alkaloids?

Last edited:
Oh im not sure about that . I hav only done san pedro a few times because it doesnt go well with my stomauch . I get bad dioharrea the next couple of days . I stick to lsd lol. . . . Sorry i couldnt help . . . But try that recipie . I would say its the quickest , most effective and best tasting out there!

You need to use the entire circumference of the cactus to get enough material. If you cut a foot long length from a piece of a whole cactus, it will grow back in time. San Pedro grows fast too. I've grown a 6 inch cutting up to about 9 inches with spotty New York sunlight in 3 months.