• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Mega Merged: Ultimate poppy pod/seed tea thread (getting the most out of your pods)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sixpartseven said:
This is why Tea is the preferred method of ingestion.

i don't know why i wasn't thinking about that.
So i assume it's safe to say that making the tea and eating the leftover grounds is the best way to get all the drug absorbed into your body?

MikeyMike125 said:
When I stopped taking Opiates I took suboxone for 3 days then took xanax and clonodine for 1 week and I was good except for the restless leg syndrome.

What does that have to do w/ anything?

Eating pod powder is definitely more efficient, but gentler come-up (and slower). Usually, I'll eat half my powder and make tea with the other half: the best of both worlds! :)

brainslookfunny said:
Man I'm still mixed up.

Some of you say ground pods hits harder and lasts longer, and is more efficient so you need less pods.

Others say tea hits harder, but doesn't last as long, and is more efficient so that you need less pods.

Basically we've got answers all over the spectrum (drinking tea vs eating pods)

I love tea... and have been curious to choke down some ground pods. Guess I'll just have to try it and see which group I fall into.

Pod tea will hit harder and faster, but it won't last as long, and you will not get 100% of the alkaloids. The tea gives you higher peak plasma concentrations.

The grounds take longer to kick in, and the peak won't be as strong, but the main advantage to eating the grounds is that you are consuming 100% of the alkaloids.

Rave23's idea of making tea, then eating the grounds isn't a bad one.. Or you could just make tea and do multiple washes on the ground until the water almost comes out clear. That way you can get MOST of the alkaloids out without having to eat the grounds.

I'm going to unapprove some posts and merge this with the ultimate poppy pod thread since this is a common question and we've covered the answer nicely.

I dunno, those pods are gross enough when they're freshly ground. Anyone who could eat them after they've been steeping in hot water for 20 minutes is made of stronger stuff than me. :)

And you should always steep at least 2-3 times. One steeping won't get anywhere near all the goods out of the grounds.

junctionalfunkie said:
And you should always steep at least 2-3 times. One steeping won't get anywhere near all the goods out of the grounds.

I am definately finding this out. I was disappointed with my single was of 10 pods last night, so I washed again and then again. I eventually woke up in a ridiculous position from having passed out cold :)

sonic said:
Pod tea will hit harder and faster, but it won't last as long, and you will not get 100% of the alkaloids. The tea gives you higher peak plasma concentrations.

The grounds take longer to kick in, and the peak won't be as strong, but the main advantage to eating the grounds is that you are consuming 100% of the alkaloids.

Rave23's idea of making tea, then eating the grounds isn't a bad one.. Or you could just make tea and do multiple washes on the ground until the water almost comes out clear. That way you can get MOST of the alkaloids out without having to eat the grounds.

hehe some people have some odd responses to these methods

I guess tonight I'll try eating the grounds with my tea and report back (I normally just drink tea and toss the grounds)

Merged: Ultimate poppy pod tea thread (getting the most out of your pods)

Hello all. I've been visiting Bluelight for a while, but have always found the answers I needed using the search engine, until now.

1) I was wondering if anyone has used a filterless coffee maker to make their P. Somniferum tea. Do you think the filterless coffee makers work just as well as regular ones? (in terms of activating all of the goodies in the pods, that is)

2) I was planning on adding calcium carbonate to my tea in order to maximize the amount of morphine released in it. Should i just put the calcium carbonate (crushed up dietary supplements) in with the water in the coffee maker?

3) Also, I need a good way to crush the dried pods. I don't have a coffee grinder (can't afford one right now, poor college kid). Whats the next best way to grind them into a fine powder? I also don't have a blender.

I've heard of adding lime, lemon, and grapefruit juice to the tea after it's been made. The grapefruit would potentiate the opiates obviously, but is the lime used for the calcium content? I'm guessing that lemon (and honey) are jsut added for flavor.

If anyone has any recipes using calcium carbonate, and/or limes or grapefruit juice, feel free to share. My main question is if a filterless coffee maker will be just as good as a coffee maker with a filter. I will take recipes/suggestions that do not require a coffee maker, but I really want to use my coffee maker - less mess and less stress.

Thanks all.

1. What's a filterless coffee maker? I use a French Press, and it works great. I would say you definitely need to use water that is just short of boiling. A regular Mr. Coffee-type drip coffeemaker will simply not get the water nearly as hot as you need it. French Press FTW.

2. I keep meaning to try this, since jyKKe mentioned it a couple weeks ago. We really need some formal experiments to see if the calcified tea is stronger. Someone start a thread.
In answer to your question, I would say don't put it in the water reservoir if the water is going to be pumped, dripped, etc. You'll just fuck up your machine. Add the CC to the finished tea. (But you shouldn't be using that machine anyway, for reasons described above.)

3. You really need a coffee grinder, man. That should be your #1 priority in Pod tea equipment; you really need to get that shit down to a powder to get all the goods out. I go thru a coffee grinder every 3-4 months. Get a $20 one from Starbucks or wherever. There really is no acceptable substitute, as you will waste an egregious amount of dope if you don't powderize your pods.

i just got pods last week and have been making tea for the past 3 days. one cup a nite for sleeping and aiding in slowing my fent from 100mcg patch down to at least 25mcg..

anyways, i tried the boiling water method and straining, and while i could drink most of it, the nasty stuff at the bottom was just too much for me..

the past 2 nites, i used my coffee maker.. i would put the tea thru 3 times and it gets pleanty hot enuff.. so much so i put it in the fridge with lemon juice to cool for a bit.
then i take a strainer and put the grounds from the coffee filter and mash it down over a large 2 qt pot. that gets a lot more 'tea' out..

all in all, it works well.... when i lay down while i drink and watch tv, it just a very nice relaxing feeling... and it has cut my WD from the fent down to nothing...

on a side note to this, im not doing this to quit opiates, just doing this till my next doc. appt at the end of the month so i can get on a lower dosage of fent. 100mcg makes me WAAAAY to tired throughout the 72 hrs.. i sleep like 10hrs a nite.. too much when you have to work, and want a life...

The coffee maker I have is "filterless" - you just put whatever amoutn of coffee grounds into this area with a screened tool. I guess the thing with the screen is the filter, but you don't need to buy actual coffee filters for it, so I guess its marketed as filterless.

So that kind of coffee maker (it drips and makes one cup in about 5 minutes), isn't the best for getting all of the alkaloids from the poppies?

Man I wish I had some dough so I could get a french press and a coffee grinder.

I may just end up buying a cheap coffee grinder and just boil water over the stove to make the tea. Should I use lemon juice? Doesn't lime have more calcium, and wouldn't lime juice help more morphine get into the tea (at least in theory)?
Does a coffee grinder, stove top method, and some calcium carbonate and/or lime juice sound like a good bet?

I am experienced with opiates - hyrdrocodone's my favorite, with oxy coming in a close second place. I also like morphine, fentanyl, dilaudid, and have done the weaker stuff like codiene, tramadol, and darvocet.
I must say, after doing my research, I've never been so excited about an opiate as I am about poppy tea! I can't wait for my giants to get in hopefully by Friday so I can cook em up and feel the effects of the h i g h.

If anyone has ever made PPT with the type of coffee maker I have, please let me know how it went. It's actually a fairly expensive coffee maker, I'm just afraid that it won't soak the grounds long enough to get the most out of them.

Other than that, any tips on a good stove top experience or on calcium carbonate, or other calciumy (def. not a word) things used to make better PPT, would be much appreciated.

hakthedj said:
the past 2 nites, i used my coffee maker.. i would put the tea thru 3 times and it gets pleanty hot enuff.. so much so i put it in the fridge with lemon juice to cool for a bit.

What exactly do you mean by putting the tea thru 3 times? Like making 3 cups with the same ground gunk, or putting the liquid itself through the coffee filter 3 times over?

Also, thanks for the replies!

On second thought, I may just make the tea, and try to get it down without sifting out the leftover grounds. If I mixed it to taste decent...well is this even worth trying or will I puke instantly?
I maybe giving this too much thought b/c of the excited anticipation. Any suggestion and help will be valued much, though.

yeah...put the same liquid through over and over...each time it'll get a little more concentrated. but you may need to heat it up in between to be sure its hot enough. anybody know if using the microwave will alter anything chemically? i got no clue

Merged: Ultimate poppy pod tea thread (getting the most out of your pods)

I have 2 questions about Poppy Pods ....

1. - Is it safer/better to go ahead and make pod tea using hot but not quite boiling water, then strain the powder to eliminate the excess plant material? Lately Ive just been grinding the pods as finely as I can get them then adding the powder to coffee/orange juice/whatever and drinking them. The high using this method seems to last longer but it also seems to cause some stomach problems, nausea, indigestion, severe constipation,etc. I don't notice these symptoms, or they are much less severe when I make tea and don't consume the grounds.

2. - Can you just use hot water from a sink to "steep" the poppy grounds? I find myself in situations at times where I don't have access to a blender or a stove and pot/pan, etc. I was wondering if I could just crush the pods in an envelope, then use the hottest tap water I can get and let the grounds sit in a bowl for a while and finally strain with an old tshirt or whatever I can find. "Field Work" so to speak :)

1: If you can stomach the powder and the 'tea' at the same time, go for it. Aside from the little bit of indigestion your not going to hurt yourself.....
I think you'll find after a certain point you will need too much ground pod than you can get down......then you will have to strain :)

2: Yep, hot tap water is plenty warm enough. Getting your pod ground to a fine powder will work better than just crushing, but if you soak longer you'll get just as much out of it.

i actually found a much better way last nite...

boil the water, grind the pods as per the recipie...

all i did diff this time was cut up the cloth pad that fits over a heating pad (had 1 extra). its like a thick cotton tshirt... i was able to put the entire cut 1/2 pad in a spaghetti strainer and pour the 'sawdust' mixture in it... it went thru fast. then i took the pad and grabed all four corners a twisted it till no extra 'juice' went thru...

worked like a charm...

i can't get down the grounds at all... i tried and puked so this method seems to be the best for me..

This thread is another good candidate for merging with the ultimate poppy pod thread.

MERGED

1. Either way works. Making tea with hot water is a good idea so the alkaloids hit you harder/faster. Eating the grounds works too, and this way you don't waste any of the alkaloids, but it takes longer for the alkaloids to hit you and you won't have as strong of a peak since they won't hit you all at once. Making tea AND consuming the leftover grounds gives you the best of both worlds. If you do multiple "washes" when making tea until the solution comes out almost clear then you can discard the grounds and not worry about wasting much.

2) That works. If you can't grind the pod material to a fine powder with a grinder or a blender, then you should let the "grounds" steep for several hours.

I'm merging this with the ultimate poppy pod thread.

spaceyourbass said:
So that kind of coffee maker (it drips and makes one cup in about 5 minutes), isn't the best for getting all of the alkaloids from the poppies?

Does a coffee grinder, stove top method, and some calcium carbonate and/or lime juice sound like a good bet?

It's actually a fairly expensive coffee maker, I'm just afraid that it won't soak the grounds long enough to get the most out of them.

Yeah, the pods aren't in contact with the water very long either. You nneed to steep them for at least 20 minutes each time (2-3 times).
A good grinder is definitely more important than a french press. Use a clean cotton sock or something to make the tea after you've powderized the pods.

With that machine you're just wasting them. Would be better to eat the pwder.

I posted some papers published in 1950s that had a chart that compared extraction methods of morphine from poppy straw on another forum, let me dig them up for guys

Can you just use hot water from a sink to "steep" the poppy grounds? I find myself in situations at times where I don't have access to a blender or a stove and pot/pan, etc. I was wondering if I could just crush the pods in an envelope, then use the hottest tap water I can get and let the grounds sit in a bowl for a while and finally strain with an old tshirt or whatever I can find. "Field Work" so to speak

Cutting corners will drastically reduce the potency of your tea. You can make tea this way, but I would bet it might be half as potent (or less) than if you had made it properly.

ULTRA POTENCY POPPY TEA BREWING

This is a tried and true method that has given me the strongest tea I've had. It is also very simple.

You will need:

1 Blender (for grinding pods)
1 Pot (for boiling water)
1 Glass (I use a pint glass)
1 Filter of your choice (I use a sock)

1. Grind pods to powder in a blender. Note that there is a difference between "ground" and "powder". The bigger the pieces of pods, the harder it is to extract from them. Just let the pods grind for a few minutes to do the trick.

2. While the pods are grinding, bring your water to a boil. For 5 HUGE pods, I use about 12oz of water. This may be more water than is necessary, but I'd rather use more than enough than less.

3. Leave your pod powder in the blender, which will also have a good coating of pod all around the inside. Take your water off the boil and pour it into the blender, swirling it around to get all the pod from the sides. I find the temperature of water taken just off the boil to be perfect.

4. Let the pod / water mixture sit until it is cool. I stir it occasionally just to encourage the process.

5. Place your filter over the glass. I use a sock, so I just wrap the top of the sock around the glass and let it hang inside, like a garbage bag in a garbage can. After the tea has emptied into the glass, wring the filter out. A signficant amount of VERY dark tea will come out of the grounds.

6. Drink and be merry. If drinking the tea is hard for you (as it is for me), I recommend pinching your nose and guzzling it as fast as possible. Actually, this is the only way I can drink a full glass quickly without gagging over the bitter taste.

7. (optional) Doing a second wash will yield a light colored tea with a faint bitter taste. It is definately worth the time, but don't expect anything near the power of the first wash.

- - - - - - -

I've made tea many times, many different ways, and this gives me the best results by far. Many others swear by this method as well. I used to make tea by simply crumbling the pods up into small pieces and letting them steep in hot water, and this method is easily twice as potent. You can tell because the liquid is much darker and much more bitter. It is my honest opinion that making tea any other way will only reduce the quality of the tea.

As for adding things into the tea to help extract alkaloids, I haven't messed around with that so I don't know. Also, I pinch my nose and chug the tea every time, so there is no reason to add anything in for flavor. I don't give a damn about the flavor, because to me it is always nasty and I try to taste it as little as possible anyway!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.