• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Mega Merged: Ultimate poppy pod/seed tea thread (getting the most out of your pods)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to know how much raw opium 20 giganteum poppies can produce. Does Anyone have a ballpark figure?

^Use the search engine. Try "making opium"

Hell, just use google, it aint that hard. This thread is about another topic.

I made tea with about 5 big pods yesterday and puked painfully, dry heaved for 2 minutes and my stomach is still a little sore when I flex it. Made tea today, puked once and felt slight opiate effects, like I took maybe 15 mgs hydrocodone. The puking was partially because I did a lot of liquid methadone two days ago. Now that the effects of the methadone are gone, the thought of tea still makes me want to puke up my lunch.

So, I'm making pod putty right now. I made tea with 9 pods. I heated the powdered pods on the stove just hot enough so the water wouldn't boil, for 16 minutes, stirring frequently I let the mixture get to a drinkable temperature, then strained it perfectly into one of those thngs you make caserole with (wish I had Pyrex, but ceramic will have to do for now). Put that in the oven at 100 degrees, it could be anywhere from 80 to 150 because the oven doesn't have markers below 200. I put the temp on (an estimated) 100 to be on the safe side, so the morphine and codeine won't break down like James Brown, making it useless. When all of the water evaporates, I should be left with a blackish "putty" that I will soon ingest.

Some people waste the stuff by smoking it, I'm just gonna swallow it with a drink or something. I would rather get high and smoke a cigarette straight buzzin, than smoke my drugs and not get high at all, and smoke a cig because I'm all pissed off.

I will let everyone know how the putty does. If you're like me, you have a pretty good tolerance to opiates and have taken many different ones. I'm trying to find an alternative to pills, mostly for the money factor. I can spend $30 o lortabs and get buzzed twice. It's also hard for me to hold on to 6 lortabs for more than 24 hours. If I can sped 29.50 (that's how much 25 pods were including shipping), and get buzzed like four times (and the putty high should last longer than hydrocodone), well that's more bang for my buck and a lot cooler. Just not as easy to get.

"Trip" report coming soon to this thread. Maybe we should think of another name, Buzz report or something, for opiates, since it aint exactly a trip. Who kows, maybe I'll start dreaming awake like I did on that liquid methadone a few days ago! Damn, talk about a experience.

A LIVE pod, when scored and let leak, contains between 10-100mg of Opium. Read my posts on Page 1 and 2 of this thread.

spaceyourbass Just beware if you drink tea more than one day a week (give or take, im sure your results will be different than mine) you will start building a tolerance at a decent rate. I'm sure you know all about tolerance, hehe. Just saying, the economical advantage of pods fades in time like all opiates. It certainly has for me. (which is not to say I don't still partake in a good cup :) )

Of all opiates I've tried, opium tea tolerance built the quickest. I guess because there are so many opiates in there.

^Thanks for the info my man. Hopefully PPT and PPP will help me start cutting back on opiates alltogether. Getting away from pills is definately a step in the right direction for me. Then maybe I'll just buy some pods once a month at the most for recreation...I'm hopin and wishin I guess. I have a good feeling about this idea though, a good feeling.

I can't wait to have a good feelin when I wash down some of this putty I'm makin, that's for sure.

Hey man I'm really glad to hear that's the direction you're going for, and I wish best of luck to ya. If there is any opiate that is easy to manage, I would say it's poppy pod tea. The effects wear off so gradually, it's not the same as an oxy dose that wears off quickly where all of a sudden you're sober and wanting more. For me, I drink tea in the evening, and the last lingering effects fade sometime the next day... a very mellow transition from high to sober.

I've been chipping once or twice a week for months and managing it has been a snap. No real craving, no physical dependence. Once a month (if you stick to that) will definately leave you in the clear. *knocks on wood*

I can't wait to have a good feelin when I wash down some of this putty I'm makin, that's for sure.

haha, cheers to thaaaat......

falls out of chair

I ordered some tea, im not giving any sources, but had great effect in the past, similar to oxy or hydros with enough pods and lasts longer and even a couple of times hit the nod. the recent batch i bought is huge pods, and the guy claims they are untreated and organic, but its been 2 days and i broke out in a rash and felt insanely sick,,, like way way sick. has any one else had problems like this, i feel like not some natural opiate like morphine codiene or theabaine is in my system but some nasty shit like pesticides or something. help please has this happoned to any of you, not to mention i feel completely brain dead. :(

To those of you who plug the tea...

How much liquid are we talking about? You can't boil it down for the sake of the alkaloids, so I'm wondering how this works. How long would dosing take? If we're talking about turkey basters full of liquid, that would seem to take a very long time to absorb.

I thought morphine was somewhat water soluble - just not very. Is the consensus that citric acid in the brew is just a waste of time?

OK, 1st post... So for a 175lb male, takes roughly 30mg of Oxy to get a mellow buzz, nothing real strong. Been fairly careful but maybe overindulging for the last month. What would be a decent 1st dose of pods? On-line route and roughly medium sized pods. 3 or 4?
Thanks!

Last edited:
hey the best way to get most outta your pods is use coffee grinder, i would go with 6 if you have some opiate tolerance. when i get the best effects i drink first thing on empty stomach :) good luck man, i have even hit the nod on this stuff before!

Okay so today i decided to get come cheap gin, me not being much of a drinker, and am going to wait about a week to get the stuff disolved in the gin i bought. i was going to get everclear but they do not sell it where i live so i got 80 proof gin,which may take a while for the powdered pods to disolve in the booze. im waiting a week on this, to see how well it disolves, then going to try takin a shot or making putty. i have searched on this method and NO ONE seems to have heard of it i googled it and did poppies.org. thier way of making puddy is making tea and putting it in oven or on stove or such. i think this would work better,mainly cuz you dont waste any of the plant material. i just ground up like 8 pods (large) and going to see if it will disolve in the booze. i have done this before with pot. i put an eight in high proof vodka and waited for it to disolve which took a week shook it up occaisionally and took a couple shots and did feel blazed. and drunk. thats what im hoping will happon with my poppies.

Reading this thread, I realised I'd completely quit pods for 250x kratom extract last summer. On an impulse, I ordered 15 med-sized Turkish pods. Made a test-brew from three to very mild effects: two hours later, added six ground pods to the pot and brewed another two rounds...

Was still unimpressed, so brewed up the remaining six, drank it down:

And promptly vomited up the contents of my stomach.

I'm feeling MORE THAN A LITTLE annoyed about this...knew I should have ordered half a kilo. That said, I think it was 'too much, too fast.' I have a high kratom tolerance (monstrous, really), but haven't done any opiates since last summer, and the last batch was full of calcium to extract more M. As it is. I can still feel building effects, but I only kept the last three cups down for half an hour or so, and must have lost a lot of alkaloids.

Have one re-wash pot for later in the day, but it's almost clear in the French press, and there's NO WAY my weak stomach could keep the grounds down.

Of course, all of the above is lies and fiction, in the hope the cool kids will talk to me....

^ Man I dunno anything that will help the nausea aside from lying down, and maybe eating a piece of bread or something to soak up the liquid.

Last week I was guzzling tea a little too fast, and I puked a bunch of it into the cup I had just drank out of. My stomach was empty at the time, so it was all tea and stomach gunk in the cup... bottoms up!

brainslookfunny said:
^ Man I dunno anything that will help the nausea aside from lying down, and maybe eating a piece of bread or something to soak up the liquid.

Last week I was guzzling tea a little too fast, and I puked a bunch of it into the cup I had just drank out of. My stomach was empty at the time, so it was all tea and stomach gunk in the cup... bottoms up!

Eeyew...

Think the batch I spewed - possibly because of added calcium? - must have been pretty potent. A few top-up cups, havin washed the 'dog', and I'm feeling a nice little glow. I don't use other opiates these days (in the UK, there's not much choice, just Afghan H, Tramadol, methadone/bupe, codeine/DHC. NO oxy or hydro at all), and so have only natural tolerance, which make pods a very 'cheap date' indeed.

I just wish I had a bit more to smoke - and something better than 2 heads of London standard pseudo-skunk. If I wasn't so broke, I'd take the learjet to the 'dam and load up on Jack Herer.

Ironically, I think we'll soon be in a situation where pods are legally available (here at least), and kratom gets banned. Wish I'd known about pods when 'shrooms were still semi-legal here: I suspect tea would be perfect on the comedown. Has anyone tried this? Or mixing it with X?

Last edited:
How many grams should a 220lb person with a mild tolerance (nothing from hydro's, 20mg oxycodone gives nice buzz w/nodd if relaxing) consume to get a decent change? Kinda woried about the whole "accidental OD" thing....

I'd say it's very unlikely to find pods strong enough to OD on with only a few pods... I hope I never have to eat those words, but I've gone through hundreds and hundreds of different pods and none have been that strong.

Anyway, just start by sampling a few pods and see what it does. I had some jumbos once, made tea with six of them, and I was sick as a dog for 48 hours. Shaking and puking, terrible headache. Because of that I'd never recommend a first timer go above three large pods.

It's really something you have to get a feel for... it's not so easy as asking "How much oxy for a first timer?" Because your pods might be half as strong as mine, or five times stronger... just start low

brainslookfunny said:
I'd say it's very unlikely to find pods strong enough to OD on with only a few pods... I hope I never have to eat those words, but I've gone through hundreds and hundreds of different pods and none have been that strong.

Anyway, just start by sampling a few pods and see what it does. I had some jumbos once, made tea with six of them, and I was sick as a dog for 48 hours. Shaking and puking, terrible headache. Because of that I'd never recommend a first timer go above three large pods.

It's really something you have to get a feel for... it's not so easy as asking "How much oxy for a first timer?" Because your pods might be half as strong as mine, or five times stronger... just start low

How come I never get these monster pod strains?

Next time I'm making a point of ordering Hen & Chickens.

Hehe i dunno man. The ones I get are usually referred to as "mammoths". They're about the size of a tennis ball. They are sock knockers man, right off your feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.