• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Mega Merged: Ultimate poppy pod/seed tea thread (getting the most out of your pods)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CafeContin said:
That sounds like a terrible idea to me.

Try 2-4 minutes with agitation, after 24 hours the seeds will have absorbed much of the water and alkaloids plus released their oils so whatever is left will be an oily goopy mess.

I think even with a mild tolerance you could get something out of potent seed, you might have to wash several pounds at a time though. But if your tolerance is such that 100-200mgs of oral morphine won't touch you then yea forget about it.

If you want to get the maximum amount of alkaloids from pods and the longest lasting effect your best bet is removing their knobs, stems, seeds, and crowns and then grinding the pods into fine powder. Put it in a mug pour some hot water over the powder and stir then let steep for around ten minutes to soften. Then stir it again and quickly chug it down and have a beverage ready in case some powder sticks in your throat but normally none does.
The only negatives to this are it is by far the worst MOA when it comes to constipation, and it will cause faster tolerance development and has more prolonged WD when compared to tea.

BTW the crowns and stems are still suitable for making tea, but are not suitable for consumption as they remain too hard even with a hot water soak.

PST sucks... PPT is AMAZING, i used to use around 13-18 grams of PP powder when i made my tea, i'd cut a lemon in half and squeeze one of of the lemon into the mix and the other half i'd throw in. i'd steep for 15-20 minutes, and there you have a nice cup of morphine tea (along with codeine, thebaine, etc).

i'd rank it up there with heroin, IV oxycodone and IV hydromorphone, PPT is strong stuff and lasts a long time (compared to other opioids) which is why its so great! a 6-7 hour PPT buzz is MUCH BETTER IMO/IME's than a 2.5-3 hour oxycodone high IV/oral/intranasal, and not quite as euphoric as heroin but lasts 2-3 times as long and is pretty damn euphoric still.

in terms of price how does it compare? i know heroin and oxy are really expensive--not asking for exact numbers, just relative to heroin/oxy iv, how does it compare price-wise?

EOJ you seem to have VERY similar drug preferences to me, so your opionions i respect quite a bit--you have me very intrigued.

wesmdow said:
in terms of price how does it compare? i know heroin and oxy are really expensive--not asking for exact numbers, just relative to heroin/oxy iv, how does it compare price-wise?

EOJ you seem to have VERY similar drug preferences to me, so your opionions i respect quite a bit--you have me very intrigued.

PPT is far cheaper than heroin or oxy: you can get 20 jumbo poppy pods (over 120g of ground pod material) for less than $30 with shipping included. If you've got no tolerance, 20g of pod straw should send you to the land of nod -- so you're talking around $5 a dosage.

hey i had a question about ppt. i only bought them one time, and though i could feel the nod and the morphine, i was always overwhelmingly tired when i drank the tea, i thought it was a side effect of a much larger amount of codeine in them.

i know its impossible to tell the strength of each batch, but this DOES vary right? i wouldnt buy them again if i knew i was for sure going to get an expensive sleep aid.

wesmdow said:

really depends on how much you buy, the more you buy the lower the price, its more expensive than H is (in my area at least) and cheaper than using oxy/hydro.

a good dose of PPT will cost you anywhere from $5-$13 i would estimate.

Might be a stupid question, but as I have no experience with things like this, I'm very curious.

I unfortunately seem to have a rather strong gag reflex. If I were to make poppy pod tea or poppy seed tea, after the tea is finished steeping, would I be able to remove the seed/pod matter and boil it down to a very minuscule amount of liquid, or even down to just a powder so I could cap it and take it like that?

MajorDishes said:
Might be a stupid question, but as I have no experience with things like this, I'm very curious.

I unfortunately seem to have a rather strong gag reflex. If I were to make poppy pod tea or poppy seed tea, after the tea is finished steeping, would I be able to remove the seed/pod matter and boil it down to a very minuscule amount of liquid, or even down to just a powder so I could cap it and take it like that?

Yea, but its hard because you can't let it boil too hard without degrading what little morphine is in it. I'd say taste it first, pod tea especially is not too bad, a little cordial or sugar and its easy to chug.

If you don't have a problem with pills you could powder the pods and then pack the powder into gelcaps, expect to have to take about 20-30 horsepills though.
You can also mix pod powder into yogurt and eat it fast.

I have noticed chewing on half a dried poppy pod and swallowing the juice gives a nice buzz and gives you something to do with your mouth.

I did consider the powdered pods method, but I figured it would be waaay too many caps to take, though. I'll definitely be trying the tea, though. Now, when you say "boil too hard," do you mean at too hot a temperature, or for too long?

Even though it probably tastes worse, I'll probably try just chewing a bit of a pod, too.

Tried pod tea for the first time a few days ago, I liked it! Me and a friend used approx. 50 mini sized pods (size of a golf ball or smaller) ground in a coffee maker. Steeped for 30 - 35 minutes, and strained out the powdered pod, set it aside for a second wash after the first had been consumed. I had the whole second wash to myself, although significantly weaker, as evidenced by the color of the tea, pretty sure it made a difference though.

It was an enjoyable buzz, don't think I drank enough, could have doubled it I think... the sedation was definitely there pretty strong (no nod or anything) but not the euphoria. I felt very relaxed, but it wasn't quite that "ahhhh that's great" vibe I get when on H or painkillers. Then again, it's NOT H or painkillers, and I can't order them off eBay. :)

Very worth while still IMO, I'll definitely be doing it again!

Great thread idea, btw.

Psychlone Jack said:
I felt very relaxed, but it wasn't quite that "ahhhh that's great" vibe I get when on H or painkillers. Then again, it's NOT H or painkillers, and I can't order them off eBay. :)

You can get as strong an effect as you want from pods, it's just dose-dependent. It's morphine, after all...

BodhiSvaha33 said:
You can get as strong an effect as you want from pods, it's just dose-dependent. It's morphine, after all...

Oh I know, like I said in my first paragraph I just didn't take enough.

Poppy Pod grounds worth consuming?

When preparing poppy pod tea, should one make an effort to get the spent grounds down? The tea is manageable, but lordy the spent ground is an instant gag reflex almost. Is the effort worth it?

Logically it would make sense to eat them. But I have always been too "lazy" to.

If it was your last batch, you might as well eat them.

okay i have no idea about any of this but i'm really interested- where exactly can i buy some, and what is the name of what i'm buying? like what will it say on the package or whatever. i live in the US if that matters....

This process was told to me by a friend who used to deal with PPT very regularly and refined by me. I've done it a couple times and seems to have good results.

Morphine, as an alkaloid, is not water soluble!

Codeine is slightly water-soluble, -- this is why poppy tea works. You're essentially drinking a lot of codeine water, but getting very few of the other alkaloids, and most importantly, very little morphine. This not fucking cool. Fortunately, the remedy is simple.

In Southeast Asia, the process of turning opium into heroin start with a basic morphine extraction which is done using lime (calcium oxide), slaked lime (calcium hydroxide), or limestone (calcium carbonate). For profitability reasons, groups usually use cheap chemical fertilizers containing these chemicals, but of course you don't want to go dumping fertilizer into your tea.

But, where do we get those chemicals? Well, they're all forms of calcium. In fact, calcium carbonate is the main component of many calcium supplements -- look for it on the label/description. Bottom line? Powder up calcium carbonate supplements, add them to your very lightly boiling tea, stir, and then filter off the poppy gunk for huge win. This step will convert the water-insoluble morphine into water-soluble calcium morphenate, meaning your plain old codeine tea turns into supercharged morphine and codeine tea. Keep the tea, throw away the plant matter, and enjoy. All for not too much more than your normal tea process.

Even more effective than calcium carbonate is calcium hydroxide. It can be toxic at very high doses, but is commonly used in the food industry and is safe in the very small amount we need. You can find this very cheaply online with a simple search, and if you're going through the effort of finding and buying pods, you should go through the easy step of buying a cheap, legal product to further potentiate the tea.

If you are just making it for yourself or a couple buddies you should just stop here and be satisfied.

But for those who are bored with PPT, feel like making some cool stuff, and want to go a step further, there is yet another cheap, readily available ingredient you can add, along with a couple steps, that can be used to actually extract raw morphine. I'm going to withhold exactly what it is so as to not give step by step instructions on how to extract and purify morphine, and please don't go try and test random chemicals either. Even if you know what you are doing, it's a certain chemical and you're probably not going to just randomly get it right. You have to know what it is. It's out there, by name, with some other instructions on a certain poppy site describing the manufacture of my favorite drug :).

Take the calcium morphenate solution, filter the poppy mess as normal and then add this ingredient. The mixture is stirred over low heat to dissolve the recent addition completely. It is then taken off the heat, and as it sits and cools, over the next 1-2 hours chunks of morphine base will precipitate out (fall out)of the solution and settle to the bottom. The water is then siphoned off (solution is toxic now) and then filtered to make sure all the water is out. The remaining solids are scraped out of the both filter and the pan, collected, and set in the sun to dry.

The resulting course, coffee-colored, powder is crude morphine base, ranges between 50-75% purity, and can be safely consumed. This can be easily refined further (converted to morphine hydrochloride) to increase purity, and if you really wanted to, you could do another simple step or two after extracting and actually cook up some heroin. Converting the morphine base to Hcl isn't required before this, but doing so will increase purity. The next step would produce ~70% pure heroin base which then could be converted to the Hcl.

I decided that it was best not to include either the ingredients needed for the extraction or the process required to synthesize heroin from the extraction to try to keep this within the rules. I figure that while the rules don't allow synthesis discussion, the process I outlined above involves changing the makeup of the tea so the morphine alkaloids become water soluble, potentiating the tea greatly. This is written for making enough for just one sitting and not some sort of mass production, which is another reason for leaving out the exact details on extraction.

Everything needed are legal products (groups that make something as proliferant as heroin have the means to make it in the first place, right?) and can be bought both online and in stores, but I don't know exactly how keen mods would be with me explaining the exact details of morphine extraction and/or heroin synthesis in your kitchen. Its a simple process, but probably illegal (the end product is for sure) and there still is room for error that can cause damage or death to 13 year old girls who fuck it up and and fail.

For the home user, being able to drink the morphine tea will be fine and a nice change to the plain old tea. It only takes maybe a few minutes more than usual to crumble the calclium carbonate/calcium hydroxide, add it to the poppy gook water over low heat, stir it long enough to make sure you get everything, then strain as normal and drink.

I would like people to try to refine this process further to extract the other alkaloids, as I'm not sure if they are getting extracted either. There are about 35 of them, including thebaine, which is an essential component in the manufacture of oxycodone, oxymorphone, and buprenorphine. This makes it very interesting and sought-after to someone wanting to get the most they can out of the poppy.

Last edited:
kaileyb said:
i posted a bulletin on this and it got closed. is it illegal to buy poppy seeds? like, can u buy it in any stores around here? that can't be against the rules to tell me. or does it have to be done from a website, i just don't wanna order teh wrong thing from a bogus website

Unfortunately almost all posts involving sources aren't allowed. It's not because what you're asking is illegal, poppy pods are legal. It's because what may be legal in one country might not be legal in another and its just easier to ban almost all source discussion. I think sources involving harm reduction tools are allowed though, where to buy filters, new syringes, and the like.

My dog's friend's owner that has a monkey and that monkey's cusin SWIM, thinks that dried pods are only about 1% in morphine content and that bigger pods make much much much more of a difference because of the weight of a small dried turkish pod is about 2-3grams and giganteums are about 10 to 15grams per pod and this monkey's Cusin SWIM notices a taking one 15gram giganteum pods is = to the same in effect as the weight of 15 grams of several turkish pods.
Anything on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.