• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Mega Merged: Ultimate poppy pod/seed tea thread (getting the most out of your pods)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard that the higher temperature of a drip coffee maker does damage to some alkaloids in the pods, stems, etc. though my first time trying this, I did make it through our 12 cup mr. coffee and I ran it through 3 times with coffee as well. I was fucking nodding like crazy. 5 3 inch pods had me feeling better than heroin (I don't IV anything so I can't compare to that).

Yes, the coffee maker method works. It's a quick and easy (lazy) way to make pod tea IMO. Other methods, such as making tea on the stove and motoring the temperature, raising the pH, etc. may be more effective at extracting morphine though.

I'm going to merge this with the "getting the most out of your poppy pods" thread.

Merged: Ultimate poppy pod tea thread (getting the most out of your pods)

OK.Today, im sitting at home dope sick, and some of us know how that feels.
I had 2 poppy pods sitting around, and due to prior advice, i decided to eat them instead of making tea.let me tell you, eating those bastards is like eating a crunchy,opium flavored cardboard.i wouldnt reccomend it to those with weak stomachs.now, usually, i make a tea out of 3 giant pods(those two i had were giants) to get a decent buzz.now from what i hear, eating the pods is far more effecttive at getting your moneys worth out of your poppy pods.ive even heard that you have to use half as much pod material to obtain the same high.is anyone experienced in this department??has any one made tea AND eaten the pods,and if so, is it true that you need less pod material if you eat them?
any advice is very appreciated-
-Rye

I assume eating the pods would get you the most bang for your buck seeing as how absolutely zero material is wasted. I have no experience with the matter, however.

I've been using pod tea and eating the raw grounds for many, many years. Tea comes on faster and hits you harder, the raw grounds on the other hand (make sure you grind them up in a coffee grinder, as fine as possible before eating, and actually don't eat them, but mix them in with the fruit juice of your choice and gulp em down...kinda has the consistency of metamucil powder mixed in juice) takes a bit longer to start working, but they will hold the WD's off for much, much longer, and the feel is a bit like methadone or bupe (but less damaging to your bank account), not much of a high, but you feel well for a lot longer, sometimes up to 24 hours depending on dose and stomach contents. I am currently coming off of a 1 year long IV heroin binge (not every single day, but almost..., spent about 45,000$ on Baltimore/DC white and brown powder "raw" dope during that hellride of a time, I went back to pods to do a slow taper with raw grounds (and occasional tea, if I really feel the need to catch a buzz) and it has been a godsend. Sorry to digress there, anywhoo...., the grinds are more economical, but expect it to be a bit like m-done, or better yet bupe.....You feel the satiation of your receptors being filled with an exo-opiate, but you wont get too high. I dont know about other folks here, but for me, after my descent into IV heroin-hell, just feeling well and not high is like a high in and of itself. PM me if anyone has questions about pp-tea (except sources, I cant help you with that).

Angelus

^ seconded.

i would have a pouch with them already ground up, and either pour the grinds into a small glass of grapefruit juice then chug, and rinse and chug again. or after getting use to the grind consistency, just pour them directly into my mouth, take a swig and repeat.

it seemed like such a waste throwing the pod material away...

I think I know what you are looking for here. I wanted to post a 'MOA : Raw Poppy Pods Vs. Tea/rectal/other' deal...

First time I was using poppy pods, when I thought there was some huge process involved, I ground them up thinking there'd be little/no effect and washed them down with cold water. The result was a very physical high (presumably best case scenario for a dopesick individual), little (positive) mental buzz and a fair bit of nausea.

Given that I'd expected very little from the raw pods, I was shocked at how floored (opiate tolerance free individual) I was. I felt unpleasantly sedated after about 20 grams of ground pods in water. I looked fucking awful in the mirror and simply put - it wasn't much fun.

Poppy tea - that's a different story, even when I've eaten the grounds.

I've steeped ground pod material in near-boiling water, tried microwaving near-boiling water + pods for twenty minutes then steeping until cool enough to drink and in both cases have eaten/left the grounds. Pod tea, with or without eating the grounds is somewhat enjoyable but is about 10 times more addictive that it deserves to be. It leaves me looking somewhat sinister the following day - pupils pinpoint at all times, so it's a bit of a fucker.

Finally, I've cracked apart raw pods and chewed + swallowed them up. Terrible nausea, high was even more physical than ground pods in cold water but again - for dopesickness probably ideal. No pleasure from either of the cold water experiences.

i have about 100 pods so im gonna see what the difference is tonight. thanx yall....

second650 said:
i have about 100 pods so im gonna see what the difference is tonight. thanx yall....

Keep us updated (in real time) but, well - 100 pods...you kinda make it sound like this is 'it' and you're gonna see the difference. Hope I'm making something out of nothing.

I wasnt planning on eating 100 pods. I usually make tea out of 8-10 pods. how many should i eat?

pods make you constipated enough WITHOUT eating the grounds. Eating the grounds is litterally like shitting a football with stickers on it. Or maybe a pineapple. You really can feel the little peice of dried plant scrap agaisnt you as you go to the bathroom.

second650 said:
Id really like to know the results of your trial, so if you would, keep us updated.
BTW the pods that i ate helped my detox symptoms GREATLY.My nose stopped running, the dysphoria went away(mostly), and i felt much better in general.
My tolerance is so high nowadays that i have to make a 5 pod tea thats brewed for 10 or so hours with an acid(mostly use citric) to get high, so 1.5 pods,and a bit of crushed pod matrial(probably .5 pods) that i put back in the bag i stored pods in didnt give me a buzz, i barely felt it, but it was enough to ward off w/d. i did go out and pick up a .33 gram
chunk of black "shard"(dried tar) today, so i feel great now.thanks for the advice guys-
Rye

second650 said:
I wasnt planning on eating 100 pods. I usually make tea out of 8-10 pods. how many should i eat?

Thats good to hear.

A few beers (at this end) and a negative day made

second650 said:
thanx yall....

sound like

second650 said:
fuck this - I don't give a shit anymore. I'm going to consume 100 pods

Apologies for confusion!

I can't say how many you should eat. I've tried the small/medium and giganteum sized pods and the results were so different (comparing equals weights, not number of pods) that I have no idea how to estimate the opiod content of pods anymore.

I made a tea with 3 giganteum pods tonight but I'd already had 9 or 10 beers so effects are harder to judge. If anything, the grounds are easier to swallow when you're edging towards the drunk side - taste doesn't seem to be bothering me tonight.

Which leads me to

smackem said:
pods make you constipated enough WITHOUT eating the grounds. Eating the grounds is litterally like shitting a football with stickers on it. Or maybe a pineapple. You really can feel the little peice of dried plant scrap agaisnt you as you go to the bathroom.

Totally disagree. If anything, I'd suggest that the pods are a half-decent source of fibre that reduces the constipation problem. I don't get how you could 'feel' ground (POWDER) pod material as it leaves your ass?

edit:

there are the grounds at the beginning of the end of the pot, the grounds at the middle of the end and the grounds at the end. The grounds at the end...n o t p l e a s a n t.

All the more reason for a fresh brew, here we go...

logic tells me that eating the whole thing (grounds) brings *all* of the drug in your body.
making tea is obviously prone to loosing some product.

Just swallow the grounds, or make tea, drink and then swallow the remains.

// i also heard that plugging the whole pods is a rather good and efficient way of taking them. Just pray to god that they constipate you properly

dude im totally against sticking anything in my ass! some of u guys are trippin hard for real. i ended up just making tea but on the real next weekend i will definitely eat them damn pods! theyre going down! man i feel awesome right now. Not even worried about work right now. ive been under the effects of tea all day pretty much. why is it that when i first tried tea it was hard for me to sleep but now its very hard to stay awake? Any of u guys have trouble finishing during sex? ive been faking my orgasm lately cuz i end up giving up.

I switched from oxy to pods around 3 or 4 months ago due to cost. Turns out that I actually enjoy pods more. Anyways, with the first few batches I made tea. It worked. Then, one day when I was low on supply, I ground up a few pods, mixed the powder with a little water...just enough to make it not too thick so I could chug it, and drank it. I can't describe how foul this is. The taste is something I will NEVER forget. You must have a very strong stomach and good control over your "puke" reflex for lack of a better word. If you can get it down, it's MUCH better than tea. It takes half the amount of pods for the same high, and the high lasts longer. I only take pods this way now...tea is just too wasteful.

i used to make tea, but not only is it much faster and easier, but i agree you get more bang for your buck just eating the pods. i just grind the pods into a fine powder, stir it in water and throw it back. chase it with some fruit or a smoothie. making tea doesnt reduce the nasty taste enough for me to go thru all that hassle.

rave23 said:
logic tells me that eating the whole thing (grounds) brings *all* of the drug in your body.
making tea is obviously prone to loosing some product.

In theory you are correct, but in reality you are not.

Making tea is more efficient because the opiate alkaloids are concentrated into a smaller solution. When the tea is drunk, it is absorbed much more easily and quite quickly in the intestines.

On the other hand, raw material is going to absorb unevenly in the intestines. A smaller amount of opiate alkaloids will be absorbed at a slower rate.

This is why Tea is the preferred method of ingestion.

like the other guy said, tea is good if you want it to hit quicker, but then by the time youre done making the tea you couldve been feeling the effects from just eating the grinds :D and i disagree that a smaller amount of alkaloids are absorbed. infact i think just eating the grinds is stronger, and it lasts longer. to each his own tho.

Man I'm still mixed up.

Some of you say ground pods hits harder and lasts longer, and is more efficient so you need less pods.

Others say tea hits harder, but doesn't last as long, and is more efficient so that you need less pods.

Basically we've got answers all over the spectrum (drinking tea vs eating pods)

I love tea... and have been curious to choke down some ground pods. Guess I'll just have to try it and see which group I fall into.

Status
Not open for further replies.