• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Mega Merged: Ultimate poppy pod/seed tea thread (getting the most out of your pods)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^
yes i don't get what he means with outer wall either

but in fact up to 3 inches of the stem and the knob are just as potent as the actual pod so i think the crown will be too

and the idler i don't think its good advice to say grinded pods are 2 as strong as broken into small pieces , in fact i think its total bullshit and if you consider that as a result he will take a dose of 1 kg (thats ridiculous btw) then you might be puting someone's life at risk

^
I think you should have given a more nuanced answer , as in roughly half as strong maybe you know , or in my experience 50% but it depends on the way you prepare your tea too (how long you steep / boil . if you steep long enough your tea will be just as potent no matter how big or small the material is ground)

no, he won't be taking twice as much,
he would be taking HALF as much.
that is, HALF AS MUCH as he previously used.
It WON'T be twice as strong, with the same brewing time.
If he brewed the hand-crushed pods effectively in the first place,
the difference will be small or non-existant.

Also, I did mean INSIDE the outer wall,
but i just meant in THERE,
as opposed to in the crown or the seeds or those little thin fins inside.
I know the top part of the stem contains some alkaloids.
I throw them in too,
but I understand the mechanics of the living plant very well,
and, although there is latex, which will leak out of the stem when cut,
it is much lower in alkaloid content.
The crown will contain trace amounts of alkaloids.
it is practically "dead" in the live plant, anyway.
no opium flows through the crown.
there is never any opium in the crown.
one can break off the crown from a live plant, and no latex will manifest itself.
The latex that manifests itself from a broken stem is very very weak.

Almost all of the opium,
with almost all (an even greater proportion) of the alkaloids,
is contained within the wall of the pod.

BingeBoy said:
^
I think you should have given a more nuanced answer , as in roughly half as strong maybe you know , or in my experience 50% but it depends on the way you prepare your tea too (how long you steep / boil . if you steep long enough your tea will be just as potent no matter how big or small the material is ground)

Are you getting confused between me and that other guy?

evidently

perhaps you will all now understand,
from my above post's more nuanced answer.

no, he won't be taking twice as much,
he would be taking HALF as much.
that is, HALF AS MUCH as he previously used.
It WON'T be twice as strong, with the same brewing time.
If he brewed the hand-crushed pods effectively in the first place,
the difference will be small or non-existant.

I was saying as a result of your post he will take 2 as much ( as in the idler says its half as strong so im going to double my dose now)

and you might be right on the crown thing

but the first few inches of stem are just as potent as the rest of the pod , and it will bleed the same latex as the pod , if you go too far down it won't bleed and potency is maybe 10-20% of pod material

Anyone know a good dosage of jumbo pods(6 inches) for someone who needs 80mg of oxy(oral) too get off.

thanks

i just made pod tea out of just stems today and it worked great. i just used a little more ground powder than i normally use for pods and seeped it for 2 hours instead of one and it was just as strong.

I'll be drinking my first tea tonight. I have medium to large pods. I'm thinking about using 4 Pods for the tea. I'll post my preparation and effects later on tonight. I have little opioid tollerance, although I had been using those Diluadid last week. Its been a fair amount of time since then. I'm dying for a nod. Those Dilaudid had barely any euphoria/nod. Just leg tingles, even in higher dosage. The pod recipe and effects will show up here later tonight. Hope I have the right dosage for a pod beginner?

"4 medium to large pods" is too vague.

That could weight 10 grams or it could weight 20 grams.

I suppose anywhere from 10-20 grams would be OK for a beginner......but weight is a far superiour denomonation for dosing.

If you were using heroin to achieve a nod every week, what weight of pods would you use in order to get quite high?

I knew I should have bought that scale when I had the chance... I'll drink half, wait 30min, then drink the other half if I'm not on the come-up. I'm taking this at 10-10:30 and I need to be up at 10am for a Dentist appointment, God bless me.

Meteorite said:
If you were using heroin to achieve a nod every week, what weight of pods would you use in order to get quite high?

There's too much variation in alkaloid content to give an accurate answer. Start low and work up, remember it can take a while for the pods to kick in.

Can Anyone Identify This Poppy??

Just wondering if anyone knew what variety of papavir somniforum this might be?? Quite pretty eh? =D

285.jpg

papavir somniforum is papavir somniforum is papavir somniforum....

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

sorry, couldnt resist... and VERY pretty flower!

^meh
now nobody will even see my post in the midst of 19 page poppy pod tea madness
:p oh well

^
so is that why nobody posts in the mega-threads? More exposure? in fact if you posted it there yourself people would see there was a reply from somebody else than Bingeboy for once and it would get them just as curious as your catchy thread title

Mr Blonde said:
There's too much variation in alkaloid content to give an accurate answer. Start low and work up, remember it can take a while for the pods to kick in.

A lot of people don't have scales capable of weighing grams, I dunno why this question comes up so much. But if you have no opiate tolerance currently just start with a single pod, if you're a regular IV H user start with 2 or 3. No body is going to OD off a single pod no matter how opiate naive they are.

Seriously you can always increase your dose, you might not even like poppies. They are different then single opiates, the stimulation can take some getting used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.