• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Mega Merged: Ultimate poppy pod/seed tea thread (getting the most out of your pods)

Status
Not open for further replies.
damnit oh well looks like i'll just have to decorate my home with fake opium poppies them.... bummer

I've wanted to grow poppies for a long time, too. I have grown every other strain of poppy with great results. Dinner place size flowers of every color, double petal poppies with brilliant pods... I save the pods and dry them upside down to use in dry flower decorations for the christmas tree. I have searched high and low for opium poppies for years now. The government is doing a hell of a fine job keeping them away from folks in the US. The seeds are tiny...I don't have the cajones to go to Turkey or somewhere and get some. I just keep hoping that the universe will send some my way.

i had some "arizona" poppy pods before, they were purplish, but definitely a strain of P somniferum pods, i know i felt it, they were pretty potent too.

johanneschimpo said:
And no, you can't buy them from the internet. It's illegal and impossible. Even if you could find and order them (which you can't), the package would politely be handed to you to by a DEA agent or two.

It is extremely easy to buy them off the internet. I don't know what you're talking about or whether you're being serious or not.

They are illegal, but the law is almost never enforced and the DEA won't come after you.

No, Red eyed Wonda, the Arizona poppy has no opiate alkaloids. It has soothing effects, but no where near as nice as even the least potent of opiate alkaloids.

Opium producing poppies are legal to grow, possess, and sell. They become illegal as soon as you score them for opium production, or crush them for tea preparation.
Its not smart to start, if you aren't already addicted to opiates. They're VERY addictive, because they last so long. Its very easy for your body to become dependant on the high they produce.

They are sold over the internet. As of right now, the government trusts the population to use them for decorative purposes. The more talk about opium tea on these forums, the faster this will be banned.

hrmmm so what are exactly the differences between the arizona's and the regular pods, because the ones i had were identical to the regular pods i've got in the past, and identical in effects. maybe the seller mislabed them? idk, but they felt the same as the regular pods i've used before. maybe a little more potent. and i've done a good bit of pods to know the difference, and fucked around with all opiates, except oxymorphone and demerol, i've done 'em all

I, too, get Arizona purples, which are just a strain of P.Somniferum grown and harvested in the state of Arizona. I've heard that a couple of years ago, Arizona Purples had a really potent harvest, so now there's lots of mislabeled fake "Arizonas" as a marketing ploy...but the ones I've gotten are most certainly opium pods.

There's something called "California Poppy" that is not opium-containing and is just used for its sedative properties, which is listed completely separately from Somniferums on Erowid. Arizona Purples are P. Somniferum, just like Tazmanians, Turks, Hens and Chicks, etc. It's just another name used to distinguish them from other vendors' products.

And it's NOT legal (technically) to grow, possess, sell, etc. opium poppies, scored or not. Poppy "straw" as they call it is a controlled substance. The only part of the plant that's legal to possess is the seed. This is a gray area, however, as the law is rarely enforced. Pods are sold for crafting and culinary purposes so widely and grown for their beauty in so many gardens that there'd be a massive uproar if 70-year old gardeners and crafters like Martha Stewart were busted, and the DEA doesn't want that. They don't need people questioning their idiot policies more than we already do. Plus, they're strained budget-wise since 9-11. That's not to say that someday, if people keep advertising using pods to get high like morons, that they can't or won't start cracking down, because they have every right to...they just aren't right now.

Last edited:
*EDITED* My apologies Red_Eye_Wonda, I knew I messed up, I just couldn't tell where. You said you have Arizona Poppies. Those are just a type of P. Somniferum as Lady Codone has explained above. Sorry, I just get excited and anxious when I get to describe something I have a passion for to someone.

Perhaps you got Papaver Somniferum pods from California? You see the California Poppy is the common name for Eschscholzia Californica. Eschscholzia Californica does not produce opium, or any opiate alkaloids. It has no codeine, no morphine, no nothing. Where-as Papaver Somniferum produces a wide variety of opiates. The California Poppy is often sold in herbal smoking blends as a mild sedative. You can also make a tea from its petals, the most potent part of this poppy. Its very soothing in blends and tea, but nothing compared to opium.

Its hard to confuse the pods of the California Poppy with Papaver Somniferum. California Poppies have long, almost chili pepper shaped pods. So I highly doubt you could mistake them for P. Somniferum.

Lady Codone said:
I, too, get Arizona purples, which are just a strain of P.Somniferum grown and harvested in the state of Arizona. I've heard that a couple of years ago, Arizona Purples had a really potent harvest, so now there's lots of mislabeled fake "Arizonas" as a marketing ploy...but the ones I've gotten are most certainly opium pods.

There's something called "California Poppy" that is not opium-containing and is just used for its sedative properties, which is listed completely separately from Somniferums on Erowid. Arizona Purples are P. Somniferum, just like Tazmanians, Turks, Hens and Chicks, etc. It's just another name used to distinguish them from other vendors' products.

thanks lady codone, thats what i thought. because 3 large pods of the arizona variety got me nodding reaaaaaally nicely when i got a certain batch a couple of months back off a popular auction site. and yeah i was 100% sure they were p somniferum, and now that you explained how the cali poppys look like they werent those for sure. i'm glad somebody had an experience with those pods like i have

red_eyed_wonda said:
i had some "arizona" poppy pods before, they were purplish, but definitely a strain of P somniferum pods, i know i felt it, they were pretty potent too.
ditto

I just ordered the "Arizonas" a few days ago. 100% sure the are P. somniferum. They were just as good as the advertised P.'s I ordered the week before.

You're dead wrong. Yes you can buy pods on the internet. It's not illegal unless you use them for something other than decoration/floral arrangement. Once you consume them or prepare them to be consumed they become illegal. And no, the DEA doesn't take pod packages. 1000's of people order pods and no on ever gets a knock on the door from the DEA. Sometimes the seller gets into trouble though. You are way off with that statement. I'm shocked people actually think that way. If that was the case 10 people i know would be in big trouble right now long with 100o's of others. LOL

RPG

johanneschimpo said:
You're SOL - those pods are useless.

And no, you can't buy them from the internet. It's illegal and impossible. Even if you could find and order them (which you can't), the package would politely be handed to you to by a DEA agent or two.

^
I think he was trying to deterr noobies from getting in on the pod "secret" and so should you , if people don't even take the time to do a proper google they are probably the same kind of people who OD on poppy pods and that will make it illegal/harder to get for the rest of us (like with the pst )

I do believe ANY PART, live or dead, fresh or dried, of the opium poppy plant is ILLEGAL in the United States, specifically exempting the seeds,

However, the dried poppies law was/is rarely enforced, due to their existing prevalence in decorative flower arrangement.

Depending on how the seller advertises/packages their product,
the agencies pick and choose who they believe is distro-ing "for" consumption.

In the UK it is all completely legal, except opium itself, and teabags of poppy pod grounds.
That is "prepared" opium substance.

it's VERY odd,
but it IS 100% legal in the UK to have FIELDS poppies growing on your land.

In fact, many people do.
It attracts little suspicion, too.

Pretty much the only people, who recognise the common decorative poppy,
as the very same as the Opium poppy, are the same people,
who would be growing/hunting them for personal consumption.

Well, some others may have realised,
when they threw open their curtains to find me grinning up at them from their own garden,
razor blade in hand, white latex running down their old flowers in front of me....

The reason it is exempt from laws,
is that they have always been extremely popular at the British summer flower shows, valued for their variety and beauty.

How very British. =]

Letting poppy pod tea dry and then snorting residue?

I'm curious if anyone has tried making poppy pod tea and then letting it dry like in the oven then scraping up the residue and snorting it... or maybe just eating it...

just thought about how you do a CWE that way...would it work with poppy tea? or would you lose all your goods when the water evaporates?

your thoughts...

You will end up with what we call pod putty , because of the high amount of plant fats in it it can only be taken orally , smoking is a waste and snorting it after mixing with water is possible but it will make snorting tabasco seem mild.

seriously i tried far too painful even if it gives decent effects (almost on par with snorting mscontin)

merging into the mega thread try using the search button btw

hey if anyone is still talkin about those arizona poppies i bought, i looked into it arizona poppy isn't even a true poppy plant its a herb in california, that is called poppy b/c the flowers look similar to opium poppies hehehe :) so... i was fooled, here i had myself a huge stash of wonderful pods that i thought were beat LOLZ

Its not all lost, apparently they can still make you feel slightly relaxed. Give it a go and report back, I'm sure people would be interested. Don't expect much, but it might be worth while for someone.

This Pods vs. Seeds debate could and will go on for centuries. I still find it interesting (perhaps because I've only been following it for 2 years!), however, because I was once firmly in the Pod camp and now am firmly in the Seed camp. I think one thing that confuses people who swear against seeds is that they are buying the supermarket seeds. There are two big problems with that: 1.) cost 2.) more importantly, they're shit!
You have to think logically here and realize that they're washed. Sure, you might get a minor buzz (like a tylenol 3) off them, but that's it. Is it good for business if your seeds are causing false positives on good little school teachers and accountants who just had a couple of muffins? No. So McCormick and Safeway and whatever wash em.
Buy the bulk seeds from the dirtiest looking importer you can find. You have to live in a major city, I live in L.A., so I'm lucky... there's plenty of dirt. lol
Use a lot. I buy 5lb. bags for $17.50 and get two doses. Thats 2.5 lbs per dose, but only $8.75 per dose. I'm feeling a high that is comparable to 3 - 500 milligrams of morphine that lasts all day for $8.75. That's not bad, and much better than pods (for that potency)
It's quicker... no grinding just washing.
Be sure you put some muscle into it. I put it in a pot on simmer and stir at least 200 times.
My last point is entirely subjective, and therefore not really open to debate... but I can't stand pod tea... emmm I just quivered thinking about drinking it... seriously... seed tea isn't like a chocolate shake but it's doable.
There, I had to chime in...

Status
Not open for further replies.