• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Mega Merged: Ultimate poppy pod/seed tea thread (getting the most out of your pods)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The_Idler said:
ok, listen up guyys-
ima write a bit about harvesting from live opium plants.
i have done this thousands of times.

Oh yeah and don't use poppy seed tea.
good luck.

Fuuck how much are you using now mate? :( That is some detailed explanation! lol

cba too much with it done it quite a bit this year, gives me too much hiccups lol

had a few subs lately trying not to decide to get b lol

OverDriven said:
To anyone thinking about pods...it's certainly just as hardcore as things like heroin or oxy. It will get you very addicted. The withdrawal seems to have more of a depression element than other opiates. Oxy withdrawal made me cold and achey. Poppy withdrawal made me feel like life was hopeless. Bad shit. Pretty intense RLS too.

Well as addictive as a equal amount of ORAL heroin or oxy, sure. Please don't start claiming a couple of pods a day is more addictive then IV heroin as some have, thats just nonsense.

I find the WD is less intense but much. longer lasting.

You don't want to start doing this daily unless you are ready for dependence.

heh i found hundreds (maybe 1k+) this year =P

took me some time to use it up.
i dont get addicted, because i don't use out of season.

and dezyna yes, you can use them.
if youre going to grind them well, don't freeze, no point.
if you do want to freeze, do it when they are moist, or the ice crystals wont be there to pierce the cell membranes.

Last edited:
The_Idler said:
and dezyna yes, you can use them.
if youre going to grind them sell, don't freeze, no point.

Sorry Idler - Don't quite understand "sell"- can you explain what you meant?

Ya know, I havent been feeling this stuff that much, im even eating the grounds and not bothering to make a tea out of it. It may be my tolerance but I never seem to get much more than an abatement of WD's from up to 14g eaten. Haven't felt right taking more than that from our dwindling bucket of pods, and only every few days or so.

Anyone know if SSRI's, specifically sertraline blocks some of the opiate effect? I rarely get what I would consider 'euphoria', unless you count the euphoria of being able to walk around without as much pain, without shits, and basically not feeling like I cant leave my bed. Anyone's experience??

With a basic alcohol extraction on both pods and the seeds in the pods, this method works flawlessly. One thing ive noticed today, coating maybe a 1/3 or 1/4 of a cigarette with it works well, almost as well as dipping the fingerprint of your index finger and coating the bottom of your tongue.

Morphine content in pods is only usually like 0.15% (to 0.30%), so 14 x 0.0015 = 2mg... or 4mg at most. No wonder you didn't feel anything. If you eat the grounds, it's going to be absorbed much slower than if you drink it in tea form.

14g isn't even a single pod, is it?

Anyone know if SSRI's, specifically sertraline blocks some of the opiate effect? I rarely get what I would consider 'euphoria', unless you count the euphoria of being able to walk around without as much pain, without shits, and basically not feeling like I cant leave my bed. Anyone's experience??

Sertraline will make codeine not work so well; it prevents metabolism into morphine.

Maybe you just have low-alkaloid content pods?

I'll make this quick.

When you get your dried pods - be it 500g, a kilo or more, do the following...

i. Take X number/grams of pods (whatever it takes to get you nodding or similar) and grind them up as fine as possible. Heat water to 80 centigrade (using a kettle, just keep an eye and guesstimate). Put powder in 1 litre pyrex jug, add hot water, stir and microwave at 700W for 26 minutes.

<thats not the point of this post - feel free to use whatever method you prefer>

ii. Take three large freezer bags and sort the remaining pods using the following criteria:-

a. Colour (yellower generally the better*)
b. Shake (A high pitched shake = healthy blue seeds inside)
c. Crack/Crease (If its firm then great but if it is squeezy its not so good)

Label the bags 'A', 'B' and leave the other blank. Put the yellowest pods, with the high-pitched, high seed quantity/density and optimum hardness (essentially 'crackability' - brisance if you will) in bag A.

Any pods that are largely blue/purple in colour AND/OR squeezy should be cut in half. If they yield a mixture of predominantly blue seeds and do not have clumps of brown seeds along the vertical 'girder-like' interior pod anatomy, they may go into bag B.

- Throw away any pods with a strong musty/mold-like odour (the 'normal' odour of dried pods is arguably must-esque, so this may require extended exposure to pods in order to properly judge).

- Dark brown/black interiors qualify a pod for the rubbish bag

iii. Now, place the remaining pods into bag B.

iv. Use the best fastener you have to seal bags A & B. Once sealed, place another bag over the first bag and use another fastener to seal this too. Keep in a cool, dark place with a stable humidity and temperature. Use up bag A first before moving onto bag B.

v. If you find yourself in the position where you have exhausted the contents of bags A & B and are unable to purchase more pods for several days, remind yourself that by not sorting the pods, you would have started to consume unfit pods and potentially made yourself ill.

n.b. - this is arguably the dullest post in this thread and no, I am not proud of myself;)

Coolio said:
Morphine content in pods is only usually like 0.15% (to 0.30%), so 14 x 0.0015 = 2mg... or 4mg at most. No wonder you didn't feel anything. If you eat the grounds, it's going to be absorbed much slower than if you drink it in tea form.

14g isn't even a single pod, is it?

It was around 10 small pods (size of a... kumquat?), home-grown, not sure of the variety...they were mostly purple and a few pink I think or maybe a bit mixed (the seeds from last year got mixed...cross breeding?)

Its probobly best that it is a small dose and absorbed slowly, I dont want to be going through more w/d's from these, just trying to taper down onto tramadol.
But say I wanted a good amount, using that formula (approximately 30 pods = 10 mg) I would have to use well over 200 pods! That sounds like a heroic dose ~ are my poppies really that weak??:(

200 pods!?

ATF said:
It was around 10 small pods (size of a... kumquat?),
But say I wanted a good amount, using that formula (approximately 30 pods = 10 mg) I would have to use well over 200 pods! That sounds like a heroic dose ~ are my poppies really that weak??:(

That seems like certain death.

Not sure exactly how many large pods guy I know used, but he got 35g (talking ground poppy, not morphine) from less than 15 or 20. Wasn't quite enough for his tolerance - fairly long-term user of H, he'll prolly be trying 50g next.

Hear it depends a lot on variety, too.

The_Idler said:
if youre going to grind them well, don't freeze, no point.
if you do want to freeze, do it when they are moist, or the ice crystals wont be there to pierce the cell membranes.

Actually, theoretically, freezing might ease the load on the blender's attempt to chop rubbery texture.

Poppy Pod/putty (quick question I need answer fast)

Ok well tomarrow I am planning on brewing up a big batch of pod tea using less water than normal I usally just cover the pod powder than cover it again. This time I just plan to cover it and maybe add a little bit more water for evaporation and such.

Now that this is said. After I brew and strain Im going to add the liquid to a pyrex dish and place in my oven at a very low temp. What is the highest temp do you think I should I use?

Ill post a picture of the finished product to show you guys.

The melting point of morphine is 392F, so I would recommend a temp of 300F-350F. I would imagine most other alkaloids would have a similar melting point.

just made a good batch of poppy pod tea. heres what i put in it and it didnt taste bad at all.

I used one bag of honey tea and one bag of "sleepy time tea" with valerian
Cinnamon Sugar
A little bit of ginger
Lime juice
Honey

I used it with one and a half cups of water and about 8 pods small to large.
I also chewed on some cloves before i drank it because i was planning on it tasting really bad. I think adding any herbal tea to it will make it taste alot better.

I prefer to make a slightly more concentrated tea (I use 3 golf ball size+ pods) in about 5-6 oz of water so the tea is REALLY dark and bitter then put the tea in ice but strain it out (like a martini, to chill it instantly) and then dilute it with lemonade so its about 30-40% poppy tea and 60-70% lemonade. Finally I add 1-2 TBSP of sugar and it no longer tastes gross to me. I call it an Arnold Poppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.