• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Mega Merged: Ultimate poppy pod/seed tea thread (getting the most out of your pods)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lead with half a glass of white grapefruit (for luck)
mix with lemon juice and brown sugar.
drink at a temp you can down it.
chase with the rest of the glass of grapefruit,
then orange juice.
(or coke, or Dandelion & Burdock)

Seems also that (strong) coffee works well, better if the raw grounds are added than the tea. Not terrible either way.

Also read online of someone who makes, what she calls, "Poppy Biscuits". She basically boils the pods down to a thick mush, drops small amounts (pill size) on a cookie sheet, or something like it, and then freezes them. She has to swallow a bunch of these frozen thangs one by one. Says it's tedious but she doesn't ever have to taste it. Sounds a bit labor intensive to me, but if you're interested, you can probably do a search for it. I think you'll find it on poppies.org, but can't swear to it.

Dried Black Stuff inside Pod?

Anyone know what this dried black stuff is? Is it some sort of mold? Outside of pod looked just fine.

if in doubt, chuck it out.

well, unless it's on all of them,
in which case, it is normal.

sonic said:
One step you could take is to evaporate the tea and make it highly concentrated so you can get it down in a few sips. You'd lose some this way, but if you can't handle the taste, you can make pod putty, put it in gel caps and not even taste it.

Why would you lose anything? In reference to the MSDS I posted from Mallinckrodt, morhpine's melting point is almost 400F.

dezyna said:
Anyone know what this dried black stuff is? Is it some sort of mold? Outside of pod looked just fine.

Every once in a while you'll get this. It is a mold.

I've used them with no ill effects.....

But I can't really claim it's safe.

RoxiPoppyGirl said:
ORANGE JUICE and APPLE JUICE are the only two things i can tolerate with pod tea or pod grounds. My 3rd choice would be Hawaiian punch] or any sort of punch. But the punch makes it taste like Hydrocodone cough syrup lol. I'm serious! Although, back when i loved Hydrocodone, I LOVED taste of hydro cough syrup because i knew it was going to make me high. But, now i hate hydrocodone in any form because i developed an allergy to it. Boy, i used to love me some Hydrocodone cough syrup, otherwise known as Hycodan. I never tried Tussinex, does it taste the same? TussX is the 10mg right? Hycodan is the 5mg? Ok, i am digressing here... sorry... Back to the topic on hand.

The reason i like Apple juice the most is because apple juice is very sweet and it covers that fowl sawdust taste. But, the reason i like orange juice is because the flavor is so strong (the orange flavor) i can actually chug it down and all i taste is the orange, unless i stop than I'll taste nastiness. I have to keep chugin' and swallowing... and all i taste is orange. Actually i may even like the orange juice route better because i can drink it a lot faster and get it over with.

With apple juice i can't chug and swallow, i have to drink it sowly and in between sips I'm sure i make the most ugliest face while shaking my head in pure distaste. But, the apple flavor really sweetens it good.

Now for Poppy seed tea (the above was for pod tea/pod gronds) i only put lemon in it. Strangely Poppy seed tea doesn't taste bad to me at all, i just chug and swallow with no problems-- i add no flavoring but real lemon juice and it's just a spoonful of it but i can drink it alone as well.

Oh and actually Pod tea i can drink with nothing in it. The apple juice and orange juice i only use for drinking pod grounds. I Forgot to clarify that above.

RPG

You use to be on Hydrocodone and grew an allergy to it????? Oh my GOD! Did anyone else notice something???? If you have an allergy from Hydrocodone, th odds are you would have a reaction to Oxycodone. I have never met someone who all of a sudden gets a reaction from a drug. If you really did have an allergy, you would have not been able to take the medicine at all after your first dose of it. Telling your Doctor you are allergic to Hydrocodone, is a great trick in the world of addiction. It appears all addicts are allergic to Hydrocodone and Darvocet. Your Doc. must be an idiot if he really believes all of these lies you tell him. Those are all tricks from addicts. Sorry to say!

I've been drinking pod tea on and off for the past few days and absolutely love it except for one thing: it makes my eyes swell up. They get red, gooey, and so cloudy I can't see out of them. Then the next day, the lids are so swollen it's ridiculous. I've heard of the histamine thing, but I don't itch at ALL from any opiates, which is weird.

I can't really take antihistamines before the tea, as they make me go directly to sleep. I do take Claritin-D beforehand and have been taking benadryl at night...any suggestions?

Have only had seed tea....feels like a shot of morphine to me. (used to be a nurse) Lookin for some good pods though. I shake the seeds in a bottle with warm water and grape juice. Seems to work well. long lasting buzz. think pods are better? :) Or anyone try rinsing seeds twice trying for a second buzz the next day? Seems they might have everything rinsed off, but just wondering.....

Last edited:
Just brewed up my first batch of PPT. I got my shipment of Mammoth pods and took a handfull and cut the stems out and took the seeds out. Than messured out 35g using my scale. Took the pods and threw them in my blender and broke em up till they were a pretty small size. Took the powder and threw it into a martini (drink mixer I dont know the name it the metal ones with the cap and strainer on it). Than I heated 3cups of water to an almost boil. and added into the drink mixer and stired up and let sit for 30minutes. Than threw the lid on the drink mixer and strained into a container using a funnel and a tshirt as secondary strainer (the drink mixer got the bigger chunks of pod left in its strainer)

I drank 1/4 and waiter a lil bit than drank another 1/4 and I am nice and opiated. This shit is amazing I didnt think Id be this high and it was only half the drink I have some left for later...YAY for PPT

Lady Codone said:
I've been drinking pod tea on and off for the past few days and absolutely love it except for one thing: it makes my eyes swell up. They get red, gooey, and so cloudy I can't see out of them. Then the next day, the lids are so swollen it's ridiculous. I've heard of the histamine thing, but I don't itch at ALL from any opiates, which is weird.

I can't really take antihistamines before the tea, as they make me go directly to sleep. I do take Claritin-D beforehand and have been taking benadryl at night...any suggestions?

I had the exact same thing happen for 4 days after I drank the tea!! I thought I had pink eye, but they never really itched. Just red and gooey...was pretty gross. I had never heard of that side effect:|

So can anyone verify the calcium carbonate method? Per 15 grams of crushed up pod material how much calcium carbonate would be required? Is caclium morphenate active in the human body?

I am looking for a surefire way too extract morph from dried pods, purify it enough so it can be injected.

How much would you guys reccommend for someone who is very opiate niaeve I can't find anything around me in the chi and was thinking of ordering some pods could anyone who is familiar with this please PM me im looking for more info thatd be awesome thanks

Seeds

I've read whole thread...

Ok, at first:
How much seeds should I use? 500-700g would be alright? I have no tolerance nor have I ever felt anything even mild-strong from codeine (used it about 7 times in doses 150-400mg).

Ok, now the "extraction" method:

I've read about these 3:

a) Heat up 2 liters of water - what temperature would be optimal?
b) add the seeds
c) add lemon - how many lemons do you recommend to use?
d) stir for 3 minutes
c) leave and stir from time to time - how long should I wait?
d) separate the seeds from the solution with t-shirt

Differs with using a bottle and shaking it instead of stirring - I think there's not much difference compared to the method above :)
For how long should I shake or/and leave it before separating seeds and the rest?

Differs with using cold water and leaving the whole thing for 24 hours

Which one to use?

And other stuff:
I'll use grapefruit juice, 1 liter the day before, and 1 at the 0 day
Can I use both diphenhydramine and DXM?
In what quantities?

To avoid this question:
In Poland possession of pods is (AFAIK) illegal, and the poppy that grows wild is probably low on morphine

Thx for all constructive replies

pzdr

Hey guys Ive been enjoying pod tea for a while now. But tonight I have no pods but a ton of leftover stems and crowns? About how much material do I need to get the same effect as say...4 to 6 one inch diameter pods?? In other words, just how much weaker are the stems and crowns?

El Patron said:
Hey guys Ive been enjoying pod tea for a while now. But tonight I have no pods but a ton of leftover stems and crowns? About how much material do I need to get the same effect as say...4 to 6 one inch diameter pods?? In other words, just how much weaker are the stems and crowns?
The stems are substantially weaker than the pods. The crowns on the other hand can be suprisingly potent, I would certainly put them to use. I always save the crowns so if I run out of pods, I have a safety.

If I were you, I would use the stems and the crowns. Even though the stems are less potent and tend to lend a shitty taste, they still contain alkaloids.

It's hard to say give equivalents since pods very so much in potency...wish I could give you a better answer for that.

mindtools said:
I've read whole thread...

Ok, at first:
How much seeds should I use? 500-700g would be alright? I have no tolerance nor have I ever felt anything even mild-strong from codeine (used it about 7 times in doses 150-400mg).

Ok, now the "extraction" method:

I've read about these 3:

a) Heat up 2 liters of water - what temperature would be optimal?
b) add the seeds
c) add lemon - how many lemons do you recommend to use?
d) stir for 3 minutes
c) leave and stir from time to time - how long should I wait?
d) separate the seeds from the solution with t-shirt

Differs with using a bottle and shaking it instead of stirring - I think there's not much difference compared to the method above :)
For how long should I shake or/and leave it before separating seeds and the rest?

Differs with using cold water and leaving the whole thing for 24 hours

Which one to use?

And other stuff:
I'll use grapefruit juice, 1 liter the day before, and 1 at the 0 day
Can I use both diphenhydramine and DXM?
In what quantities?

To avoid this question:
In Poland possession of pods is (AFAIK) illegal, and the poppy that grows wild is probably low on morphine

Thx for all constructive replies

pzdr

In my opinion your making it way to complicated. I'd start with 500 mg, use some type of funnel to put the seeds in a large plastic bottle, (like a juice bottle). Add warm water until about 2 inches above seeds (i usually add maybe 3 crushed Vitamin C's too), shake for 2 minutes, let sit for 5 min., shake again and strain. You can add juice instead of Vit C. Don't let sit too long. YOu don't need to heat it up, works just great straight from the faucet

Last edited:
Hey folk - I've got two questions today. Anyone know the relative potency of different varieties of dried pods, i.e. Arizona, Gigantheum, Tasmanian, Turk, Dutch, etc.; and which do you feel is most potent?

Secondly, about fresh poppies -- have any idea of what 50 smallish pods would yield in opium? And, is it worth it, or they better be used for tea?

Status
Not open for further replies.