• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Mega Merged: Ultimate poppy pod/seed tea thread (getting the most out of your pods)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^
i think the last merge turned out a bit weird

to answer your question there is a strain that is often cultivated in holland (in the greenhouses) called ovals or ovalies because of the shape of the pod they are a giganthemum variant

swim got some poppies this week. swim tried doing a tea after a day of doing suboxone. of course it didn't work. was so pissed. will try again tonight.

Last edited:
BingeBoy said:
...there is a strain that is often cultivated in holland (in the greenhouses) called ovals or ovalies because of the shape of the pod they are a giganthemum variant

Anyone know anything about their content or potency?

Opium (homemade) & Pod Tea not working as I expected

I've stoped methadone and ALL opiate/opioid use for 2 months- 2 months and a half. My poppies just grew in.
The opium:
First of all I used the latex from a couple of pods except after drying it out I got at the most 0.1g of *raw* opium (i hear that *smokable/comercial* opium is boiled in water to be refined further). Anyways I put this in a pipe with weed on the bottom and on top of mabye 1/3 of that piece and I felt a nice taste to it, while it didn't get me high like a hard narcotic such as fentanyl/oxycodone/codeine, it could definatley feel something very smooth and quite nice, though definatley nothing strong.

The pods:
The second thing I did was I took a bunch of small, small poppy pods that I couldn't use sine they were so small I had to struggle to make an incision. So by the time I picked them they were already pretty much dry. I left them an hour or two and made tea with them....about 20 very small pods with stems as well. However I didn't crush them up to a powder (I only have a coffee grinder and it's not that good, while it would cut them much better I still could only get a little poweder and not everything turned to poweder). I left them on low for about 15-20min with enough water to cover them up, a shot glass of lemon juice (freshly squeezed) and ocasionally stirring them until boilling, at which point I took them of the stove and covered the pot up with a plate for infusion. I let it infuse for around 20-30min, after which I poured it thourgh a screen, sqeezed the remains and added a 2 tea spoons of honey. I drank all of it within a 30min period...I didn't feel a single thing (I also took Tylenol 3, along with Clonazepam and Cannabis). I was expecting a whole lot more from that tea. I did however split open the pod heads and after emptying out the seeds split them in a couple pieces, if that counts.

I know how to make tea, I make a lot of different teas.

There are two most commonly used methods:
1. You heat the water up and *then* thrown in your plants and herbs and cover it up with a plate or something for infusion, OR,
2. You put your herbs and plants in a pot filled with water and have it put on low/medium until it starts to boil; once it boils you remove it and cover it with a plate or something for infusion.
P.S. I also add a shot or so of lemon or lime to the water in the case of pods.

The colour of the tea water was light brown/brownish (wich I hear I a good indicator of potency).

As I said I have no tolerence anymore to narcotics and 2-3 Tylenol 3's at once with a puff or two of cannabis puts me basically in a nod.

Which method do you usually use when it comes to pod tea?

Can anybody tell me what I did wrong with:

1: The opium-
Is it supposed to be stronger than I described it?

2: The pods: -
Should they be *completly* dry? (till the stems crackle), and also: Should the pods/stems be *compeltley* grinded up to a *powder* or can you just cut the up in small enough pieces (not to be considred a powder)?

pods need to be powder.

yes, it's supposed to be stronger than that. you still have a tolerance, and raw opium is unlikely to be very powerful (especially just .1g).

you also don't smoke opium on weed.

The reason your pods were so weak is that you picked them when they were dry which is too late ,half of the alkaloids will be gone , te made from small bits works but powdered material is even better , if you get fresh pods don't dry them they lose potency when dried , so green pods are better.

and as hamilton stated don't smoke raw opium and especially not on weed , better to just make tea.

How is it bad to smoke raw opium? Especially in comparison to tea (considering that its mostly all morphine and codeine), the oral bioavialability would suck compared to smoked.

As well I was skeptical of smoking raw opium at first as well, but I found out from research that many people do smoke raw opium, the most famous being the Hmong (sp) of Laos with a long tradition of smoking it like such.

How should you smoke opium if not in a pipe covered with cannabis and with cannabis on the bottom of the pipe as well (with the raw opium in between).

Poppy Tea.. how to make it taste good?

Just like the title says. I know most people prefer just to make the tea, and then chase it with something sweet. I'm looking for people who actually mixed/made a decent tasting Arnold Palmer type of drink or something. Pretty much anything to mix with it like lemonade, oj, honey, sugar, etc. Catchy nicknames are encouraged as well.=D

I guess I could have a big taste testing ordeal in the kitchen, however I'd rather hear your valued opinions instead. Mods, I don't know if you're going to leave it separate from the mega poppy thread, but it is focused ONLY on recipes. Thanks for any suggestions.

The best way to make the tea taste good is mix it with some powdered lemonade, stir, and add sugar. Also add an umbrella to give it that festive edge. If you put in enough lemonade mix, you won't even taste it.

Have you ever tried to boil down the water to a sludge, dry it, and then smoke it on some good green? You have you use alot of poppy straw but if you do it right it works great-----especially on top of some hydrocodone.

There are traditional Chinese opium pipes, which have a very small bowl and a long thin vertical stem...im not sure about some kind of screenage...but you could google it and try to fashion one, or they sell such things at pipe shops, usually metal methinks.

I had the same result smoking it on buds, and it heavily resinated my pipe (not bad but I wanted to inhale that stuff all at once), tried a tinfoil and a straw, 'chasing the dragon', but ended up burning it and felt like a crack head.
If I had bothered to gather more instead of just using the pods, I would have maybe used a candle for steady heat instead of a lighter, as to not burn the opium.

I ground up a few pods into very fine powder last night, mixed it with strawberry milk, and downed; not so bad, seemed to do the trick, I slept which was what I was aiming for.
I have quite a tolerance too though.

theotherside26 said:
The best way to make the tea taste good is mix it with some powdered lemonade, stir, and add sugar. Also add an umbrella to give it that festive edge. If you put in enough lemonade mix, you won't even taste it.

Have you ever tried to boil down the water to a sludge, dry it, and then smoke it on some good green? You have you use alot of poppy straw but if you do it right it works great-----especially on top of some hydrocodone.

Thanks for the quick response man. I have not tried to boil it down to a sludge, but my buddy was asking about a good way to do it, and I'll pass that along about the weed and 'codone. I'm just not a big fan of smoking, but that lemonade sounds like a good plan. I appreciate the advice, anyone else?

There's no way to make potent poppy tea actually taste good, but in my experience you can make it taste less like taint sweat by adding sugar, honey, and/or lemon juice.

Why don't you just add honey/sugar and milk? I've done this with my kratom and it always masks the taste well. Give it a try!

It's really not worth attempting to make poppy tea taste good. One step you could take is to evaporate the tea and make it highly concentrated so you can get it down in a few sips. You'd lose some this way, but if you can't handle the taste, you can make pod putty, put it in gel caps and not even taste it. Adding flavors to diluted tea might make it taste different, but there's nothing you can add to make it taste good IMHO. I'd always just rather get it over with in one quick drink with a chaser.

Adding anything makes it taste worse imo , the best way to drink it is cold so you can chug it

merging into mega thread

ORANGE JUICE and APPLE JUICE are the only two things i can tolerate with pod tea or pod grounds. My 3rd choice would be Hawaiian punch] or any sort of punch. But the punch makes it taste like Hydrocodone cough syrup lol. I'm serious! Although, back when i loved Hydrocodone, I LOVED taste of hydro cough syrup because i knew it was going to make me high. But, now i hate hydrocodone in any form because i developed an allergy to it. Boy, i used to love me some Hydrocodone cough syrup, otherwise known as Hycodan. I never tried Tussinex, does it taste the same? TussX is the 10mg right? Hycodan is the 5mg? Ok, i am digressing here... sorry... Back to the topic on hand.

The reason i like Apple juice the most is because apple juice is very sweet and it covers that fowl sawdust taste. But, the reason i like orange juice is because the flavor is so strong (the orange flavor) i can actually chug it down and all i taste is the orange, unless i stop than I'll taste nastiness. I have to keep chugin' and swallowing... and all i taste is orange. Actually i may even like the orange juice route better because i can drink it a lot faster and get it over with.

With apple juice i can't chug and swallow, i have to drink it sowly and in between sips I'm sure i make the most ugliest face while shaking my head in pure distaste. But, the apple flavor really sweetens it good.

Now for Poppy seed tea (the above was for pod tea/pod gronds) i only put lemon in it. Strangely Poppy seed tea doesn't taste bad to me at all, i just chug and swallow with no problems-- i add no flavoring but real lemon juice and it's just a spoonful of it but i can drink it alone as well.

Oh and actually Pod tea i can drink with nothing in it. The apple juice and orange juice i only use for drinking pod grounds. I Forgot to clarify that above.

RPG

sonic said:
It's really not worth attempting to make poppy tea taste good. One step you could take is to evaporate the tea and make it highly concentrated so you can get it down in a few sips. You'd lose some this way, but if you can't handle the taste, you can make pod putty, put it in gel caps and not even taste it. Adding flavors to diluted tea might make it taste different, but there's nothing you can add to make it taste good IMHO. I'd always just rather get it over with in one quick drink with a chaser.

I have read a little about the caps, but that sounds like a kickass idea. I'm going to read up more on how to make it into putty. Thanks man

I knew what you meant roxi. Besides lemonade, oj was my next leading canidate. I know everyone just says to chug it and chase with something, but I appreciate all the mixed drink ideas. I'm going to try all the above mentioned plus the gelcaps once I master the putty route...baking and all that shit

Status
Not open for further replies.