• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Mega Merged: Ultimate poppy pod/seed tea thread (getting the most out of your pods)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should the outside of the pods be washed first? Thanks for the info, though. I'm an occaisonal messer with codeine - it's cheap and easy to get, but I know these'll be a lot stronger. Also, should they be eaten fresh or what's the deal with that? Do you know a way to keep them fresh if they've been picked and not eaten at that specific time?

dirty ernie said:
My God. You people act like this stuff tastes like cat crap or something.

I'd guess if I ate some cat shit it would be much tastier than the tea.

The bitterness gets a lot of people argh it's so overwhelming, and it seems to amplify the dirty soil flavor of the pod. And that hay taste... I bet horse shit and tea are pretty similar, but I imagine cat shit isn't quite as bad. Even though cat food is made of horse's right? They're all fucking disgusting to me.

Toilet paper goes down easy?

If you try to swallow dry it wont happen, but if you stick it in ur mouth and blast it down ur throat with a shot of water it works pretty good.

It basically tastes like boiled dirt and grass. Not as bad as kratom, and nowhere near as bad as san pedro, the most disgusting thing in the world.

just rinse 'em with tap water. keep them in the refridgerator if you want to keep them from drying out and getting rubbery. i usually just eat 'em fresh, right off the plant. trust me, it works. just start with a couple at first, 'cause I nearly OD'ed when I ate 20 at once. (my neighbors had about 500 sq feet of poppies growing in their flower garden)

Uh you don't need 100 pods to get enough opium to smoke. Each pod should give you 50mg to 100mg of opium (5mg to 20mg of morphine). I can feel that when taken orally, so I know it's perfectly fine for smoking. If it took 10 pods orally to get you nodding, smoking the opium from 2 or 3 should have done the same thing to you.

^^if you know what you're doing you can probably get more opium with less pods. I was using a pocketknife, scoring vertically, and I only got a miniscule amount of opium from each pod. It took scoring about 50 pods to get less than half a gram.

Dry them out and make the tea!!! use the search engine many threads on how to make Poppy Tea!

You're supposed to score them horizontally. It does take a lot to get a decent amount of opium, but for personal use it may be feasible. However, eating the pods or doing tea probably is your best bet.

Opium and heroin and morphine base and the like are used because they are easier to smuggle and more 'commercial' in many ways.

Well, opium alkaloids are pretty crap when taken orally.

IV/smoking is the way to go. It's always worth harvesting and/or processing your poppy pods.

^ I've taken a large pea sized amount of opium before and I enjoyed it. Even more mellow and relaxing than smoking it, I don't regret eating it, but smoking it is better. Solely because of that heavenly smell.

Do not IV opium, that is a terrible idea. It can be done but it just does ridiculous damage, it's pretty well documented in eastern europe of people shooting opium after wars and whatnot.

Eating the pods is your best bet, but you can try your hand at smoking the opium if you want to.

dont think poppies arent that addictive cause they are, ive done heroin and a bunch of stronger shit but at the moment im on poppies only daily and cant stop

when i eat the ground pods, i just place under my tounge- then have a sip of my fruit juice and swallow. the sweetness of the juice masks the bitterness for myself

oh ya and when i am desperate i just eat the damn pod. I get to pick up my pods since my seller lives in the same city. When i order too late and am sick getting them, i HAVE to eat them on the bus. i just cant sit there holding the pods- 2.5 hour ride home. anyways

SO i just break each pod open and munch on them like chips lol. people look at me like wtf is he eating but i dont care. so if you see a guy on the bus munching on his pods say hi lol

TheodoreRoosevelt said:
Do not IV opium, that is a terrible idea. It can be done but it just does ridiculous damage, it's pretty well documented in eastern europe of people shooting opium after wars and whatnot.

Eating the pods is your best bet, but you can try your hand at smoking the opium if you want to.
Thanks. Has anyone any pictures of the sort of horizontal scores needed? Are we talking hundreds of little nicks all around these things, or just perhaps scoring the bottom of the pods and waiting for the sap to bleed? How long does that take, too?

Also, can you eat the pods at any time or is it best to leave them until the petals are off the flowers?
The bunch of them growing isn't really in abundance.

yellodolphin said:
when i eat the ground pods, i just place under my tounge- then have a sip of my fruit juice and swallow. the sweetness of the juice masks the bitterness for myself

oh ya and when i am desperate i just eat the damn pod. I get to pick up my pods since my seller lives in the same city. When i order too late and am sick getting them, i HAVE to eat them on the bus. i just cant sit there holding the pods- 2.5 hour ride home. anyways

SO i just break each pod open and munch on them like chips lol. people look at me like wtf is he eating but i dont care. so if you see a guy on the bus munching on his pods say hi lol

Man that's brutal!! I know they probably don't taste that bad, but my gag reflex would almost choke me just from knowing what I was chomping down on. With a tea, it's over quickly, but all that chewing would do me in!! But all power to you if you can do it!!

One pretty wide score, maybe like 1-2 inches. Horizontally. Only go about 1-2mm deep, you don't want to scratch past that outer skin. You just let it drip out, it should take around 30 minutes.

I'm not exactly sure when is the best time to eat them. I'd imagine right when the pods ripen and the seeds have just matured.

You're best bet is to eat them buddy. Opium is pretty inefficient when you don't have that much, it's only done when you can get tons of opium pods for cheap and need to be worried about smuggling and weight issues. A lot of the black market involves trucking scams, so weight is a big deal.

My point is that eat them if you want to get the best bang for your buck. Unless you want to smuggle them across a border and size is an issue...

What is the shelf life of dried poppy pods?

In other words, how long can you keep dried poppy pods until they go bad, and what signs would indicate that the pods are going bad (mold, for example)? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.