• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Mega Merged: Ultimate poppy pod/seed tea thread (getting the most out of your pods)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TY BB

which would you think optimum month to plant - say, hypothetically only, in So Cal?

^
i would say 2-3 months before the hottest month of the year , well i dont have anye experience with growing poppies in a mediterrenean climate but over here (netherlands) if i plant in end april/may i will be able to harvest in the end of july beginning of august.

What's more important is the moment yo harvest them , in 2 weeks time the potency can vary by 50% , it's better to harvest them in the afternoon and when it's dry . For the timing it will be after the crowns have turned up and the pods will start to get a kind of white glazing , check out the inside of the pods you want the seeds to be white/ yellowish and the pod should be very fresh like a cucumber not leatherly like

I live in California, and Ive always been told to plant them around February when the ground still freezes at night (N.Cali), apparently they like the cold at first?
Im not sure about SoCal, it doesnt freeze down there does it?

^
nope - rarely a freeze, although nights can be quite chilly in winter. does it freeze in golden triangle?

For what its worth I have been using pods for years, usually daily.
My current use is thus:

Wipe pod with towel
Break off stem at the "knuckle"
Crack pod in half and empty out seeds
Crush pod halves in hand into a coffee grinder
Grind til fine powder
Mix powder with a few ounces of water(temp doesn't matter)
Chug and chase with something sweet

The key I have found is grinding to a fine powder, and consuming the grounds.

Water temp doesn't matter, voodoo kitchen chemistry doesn't matter.

I've been doing this for years and this is my REAL WORLD TM experience.

Cheers-

A couple of questions about PPT

* I've been eating what I expect are mouldy pods. Every morning I've woken up where my legs have gone numb and it takes an hour to get the circulation going again so that I can walk. Could this be a symptom of mould-poisoning?

* I need about 400g of ordinary strength PPs to get a mild buzz. Does this mean my tolerance to morphine is rediculously high? I'm not addicted.

* Does 'pasturising' the PPT, so that it's boiled and cooled 4-5 times, reduce the potency of the final product a lot? I've heard morphine gets destroyed in boiling temperatures.

Shifting to Poppy Pod thread. :)

* I've been eating what I expect are mouldy pods. Every morning I've woken up where my legs have gone numb and it takes an hour to get the circulation going again so that I can walk. Could this be a symptom of mould-poisoning?

* I need about 400g of ordinary strength PPs to get a mild buzz. Does this mean my tolerance to morphine is rediculously high? I'm not addicted.

* Does 'pasturising' the PPT, so that it's boiled and cooled 4-5 times, reduce the potency of the final product a lot? I've heard morphine gets destroyed in boiling temperatures.

Not sure about the numbness, try giving the pods a break though or finding a new source if you do believe that's the case.

400 grams, could quite possibly be a lot; what dose did you start out on? They could just be weak pods or yes, that could be a hella big tolerance.

Boiling does damage the alkaloids, there's no need to boil when you're making the tea.

swim did a tea out of 11oz of seeds. used cold water, shook for about 3-5 mins. filtered it and drank it quick. been 45 mins. nothing. i wasn't expecting much though. it was store bought seeds. organic seeds. at least when he did the pods, felt something about 30mins later.

Poppy Pod Question: Where are the Alkaloids concentrated?

I am new to the poppy pod extraction technique and have been doing some research on it and made a few batches myself. One thing I have not found the answer to is where are most of the active alkaloids found at in the dried pods? Are they in just disperpersed throughout the hole pod, or are the in the gill (best word i could think for describing it) part of the pod. I have noticed that these "gills" seem to have black specs on them.

I guess my question is say I were to have quite a few pods and wanted to make a very potent tea, is there a certain part of the dried pod to use, or am I better off just crushing up the whole thing.

Excuse my ignorance with the terminology; any help/suggestions is appreciated.

^
I merged your post with this thread

The alkaloids are most concentrated in the the pod walls , but i think there will hardly be a difference from the crown to the knob (top thingy above the "gills" is the crown) in fact the stem has a similar potency for up to 3 inches below the knob.

So if you want to make stronger tea use more pods and boil your tea down to get it more concentrated if you dont want to drink more.

garuda said:
Grind til fine powder
Mix powder with a few ounces of water(temp doesn't matter)
Chug and chase with something sweet

The key I have found is grinding to a fine powder, and consuming the grounds.

TY for this & Pssst. Can't wait til I'm Blue so I can write & return PM's.

Here's what not to do: take remaining crowns & knuckles, grind & mix with maple flavor shredded wheat. A bowl of mush impossible to get down. Even if liquified again - still too thick & worse than probably would have been w/o the wheat.

Sometimes being creative isn't a good thing ~

I used to do the whole t-shirt steep method. I then realized that eating the grounds works way better, uses a lot less, and actually less disgusting too.

I just mix the ground with a little bit of water until they are kind of suspended, chug it down, and chase it with juice.

Withdrawal? Something Else?

I'm new to poppy tea and have a very low opiate tolerance. I had a few glasses over the course of a week last week, each time 2-3 pods included, with one day between each use. I took 2 days in a row off for the first time since starting and, on the 2nd night, had the most horrid nightmare of my life and woke up with gnawing stomach pain, cold and sweaty, and feeling like I was "going insane".

My question is, how long does tea take to get out of your system? And are mild withdrawals a possibility after only 4 days of use? I also felt a UTI coming on last nite and took 2 Cystex on an empty stomach, which is the only other thing I did differently that might have caused this. I know tea can be very addictive and have resolved to use it no more than 3 days a week, so no lectures on addiction are needed...I was just curious as to whether I need to be prepared for more of this in the future. Thanks!

^
If you have been addicted to opiates before , Wd's are very much possible after 4 days of use , more so with poppy tea since it lasts so long , with 4 days of use the opiates might stay in your body for 1 week .

imo 3 times a week is too much to avoid withdrawals , 2x a week would be possible , spaced out as far as possible.

P.S im merging this into the mega-poppy tea thread

I've never been addicted before, and have always kept my use to nothing stronger than one hydrocodone 10mg., 2x daily with months in between uses.

I figured 3x a week would be pushing it, but felt it was better to be realistic and stick to a schedule than just end up using daily like I did with pills.

Thanks for the info!

BingeBoy said:
If you have been addicted to opiates before , Wd's are very much possible after 4 days of use ,

imo 3 times a week is too much to avoid withdrawals , 2x a week would be possible , spaced out as far as possible.

this is sort of scary - 3x a week leads to WD's? thought use might ease them.

on another topic, anyone know anything about golden ovals? read somewhere that the pods in golden triangle (familiar from H found in NY during Viet fiasco) were oval shaped. would these be related?

weird - had a really hard time getting here today. had to use my history to find it. is something happening with this thread? or is the search function just acting funky? then again, the link I tried didn't work either (which led me to search).

i notice there haven't been any new posts for a couple of days.

just being paranoid?

Status
Not open for further replies.