• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Mega Merged: Ultimate poppy pod/seed tea thread (getting the most out of your pods)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let me get this straight: The most effective way to ingest poppy pods is to eat the pod material right?

What are some peoples methods of getting this stuff down? I tried mixing 9g with a quart of green tea and it was really 'chunky' going down. So I tried to make a blended drink with the tea, ice cream, and an energy drink (actually tasted good!) but accidently dropped half of it, and it was alot of drink to get down anyway.
Any tried and true methods?
Is it worth it if the pods have dried?

Just blended up 10g or so into a bowl of oatmeal, strawberry jam, butter, sugar, cinnamon ~ not bad, hope I can get this all down and get some pain relief for my back.

ATF said:
Just blended up 10g or so into a bowl of oatmeal, strawberry jam, butter, sugar, cinnamon ~ not bad, hope I can get this all down and get some pain relief for my back.

Day one, I only drank the tea. Still felt a niiice buzz for hours. However, day two I drank the tea, then ate the grounds and wow. I was literally high for 24 hours it seemed like, and just as, if not more intense. I found the best thing to mix with it is some Yoplait yogurt. It just tasted like granola in the yogurt, cept it was a little bitter...but that's good!!

ATF said:
So let me get this straight: The most effective way to ingest poppy pods is to eat the pod material right?

What are some peoples methods of getting this stuff down? I tried mixing 9g with a quart of green tea and it was really 'chunky' going down. So I tried to make a blended drink with the tea, ice cream, and an energy drink (actually tasted good!) but accidently dropped half of it, and it was alot of drink to get down anyway.
Any tried and true methods?
Is it worth it if the pods have dried?

Get a coffee bean grinder, get the cheapest one you can find.

Remove the "knuckles" and stem from the pod, empty the seeds out. Now just crush the pod and crown in your hand into the grinder, now grind well until it has the consistency of powder. Now you can mix it with water or yogurt or whatever, just take it. Works best on an empty stomach.

BTW I find it better taste wise to mix it with a small amount of water and just take it like a vodka shot then drink some sweet juice or soda, works better then mixing with a large amount of drink.

well my 0.02 for the mega thread.

for those who use PST, a good method to avoid the terrible bitterness is to:

1 hyperhentilate (5-10 seconds)
2 take a deep breath and plug your nose
3 chug the tea
4 with nose still plugged chew 1 or 2 vitamin C tablets and chase with orange juice, be sure to swish it around in your mouth a bit.
5 unplug your nostrils and you should have not the slightest bitter after-taste.

I can only speak for myself, but I like to see how others fair out

On Poppies.

So, in an... area, more or less in the immediate vicinity to myself, there are some poppies growing. Normally of course I'd not take a huge interest in that, but these flowers are now accompanied by twenty to thirty pods. My motivations here are purely about the local children. Is there an easy way to tell if these poppies are dangerous and harbouring an opium content? The pods at this moment aren't ripe, the flowers still have their petals and the crowns are stiff and quite horizontal, I did score a smaller pod and it leaked a small amount of white pus. Is this watery opium? There were seeds inside, little white and tan seeds.

I'm aware somniferum usually ripens in Autumn and drops it's seeds then too. This being the end of summer, it would seem fitting that growing pods would be about. Would it be safe to assume that I'm dealing with Papaver somniferum? Do all poppies have pods? I've checked through erowid and the various threads here, and I'm still not quite sure what I'm dealing with.

Many thanks, and please, think of the children. ;)

Cut them.
If they leak that white stuff its probably Papaver somniferum. The way your describing them it sound like it. I doubt that the kids in your neighborhood would know what it was if they seen it, but you never know in todays world.

Cheers, I'm quite confident I am dealing with Papaver somniferum, but am still a little apprehensive. Would there be any harmful effects if one of those, erm, children, were to go about collecting the "opium" and it ended up simply being generic poppy sap?

Also, just so I can be a little more clued in as to what these children might be doing, do any opiate users here have any preferences of what to do with pods? Scrape the opium? Make tea? Goodness, it almost sounds like I'm looking for advice. ;)

Yes, but one should be careful because scraping the pods = jailtime. The pods are not illegal to grow or sell but it's illegal to make tea or score them to collect opium.

and to answer a question, poppy tea can be made out of the pods easily. I heard it doesnt matter if they are green or dried..

diche said:
well my 0.02 for the mega thread.

for those who use PST, a good method to avoid the terrible bitterness is to:

1 hyperhentilate (5-10 seconds)
2 take a deep breath and plug your nose
3 chug the tea
4 with nose still plugged chew 1 or 2 vitamin C tablets and chase with orange juice, be sure to swish it around in your mouth a bit.
5 unplug your nostrils and you should have not the slightest bitter after-taste.

I can only speak for myself, but I like to see how others fair out
My God. You people act like this stuff tastes like cat crap or something.
Personally, I don't find it that repugnant. I add a little instant coffee to the tea, and it actually tastes pretty good to me. Never have I mixed up a batch that tasted as foul as what you guys are afraid of. If you can't staomach the stuff, why don't you move on to something else. Something that won't offend your delicate senses. JMO

I haven't read through this thread in a couple months, but I don't recall any mention of capping ground pods. I recently bought a couple hundred pods and went through the trouble of preparing about 1400 capsules, since I couldn't stomach the tea more than ~20 times. I know, that sounds completely insane, but it didn't take too long with a Cap-M-Quik, and it isn't too impractical if you have no tolerance or take a potentiator (I take nortriptyline daily as chronic migraine treatment), or both, as was my case.

The GI effects are about the same, but obviously since you're ingesting all of the pods rather than just what you brewed from them, it's quite a bit more potent by weight, if not in terms of effects.

I suggest the tried and true parachute technique.

Grind pods in a coffee grinder, after removing the seeds. Then proceed as you would parachuting anything else. It may take 3-9 "parachutes" (tolerance
pending) to down it all, but it's the easiest and most tasteless manner to consume the goods.

I work at a healthfood store whee capsules are sold, and they're a major waste of cash when toilet paper works just as well (with a gulp of water) especially considering how much more fits in a "parachute" VS a 00 Capsule.

I'd rather put 10+ nice, fully self-contained capsules than sheets of toilet paper. If you look hard enough, you can find 1000-packs of OO caps for $12 online, couple more if you want veggie. I recall Whole Foods having 500-packs of veggie caps for around $22. Considering a couple dozen a day are eaten if you're going all-out, it'll save a lot of time if you just pop caps.

opium.jpg

If they look like this, it's opium.

You're better off just eating the whole pods instead of trying to extract opium. You need to score about 100 pods just to get enough to smoke. I had a similar situation to yours, someone in my neighborhood was growing them for decoration. I got the best effects from just munching 10-15 pods at a time.

agree with the coffee route - one cup brewed with two measures of coffee masked product of 8 pods (37g, in this case)

dezyna said:
...have any idea of what 50 smallish pods would yield in opium? And, is it worth it, or they better be used for tea?

answered my own question on the DEA site, which does give incredible instructions on havesting O - accourding to them, in Vietnam they get approx. .08g/poppy (making 50=4g. doubt anything cultivated more locally will result in the same, however.) Will probably use 10 for tea.

still nobody out there with an opinion on the best, most potent, PS variety?

wungchow said:
opium.jpg

If they look like this, it's opium.

You're better off just eating the whole pods instead of trying to extract opium. You need to score about 100 pods just to get enough to smoke. I had a similar situation to yours, someone in my neighborhood was growing them for decoration. I got the best effects from just munching 10-15 pods at a time.
That's them. So apparantly it's good to grind them up in a coffee grinder and then mix them with yoghurt or something, or do you eat them whole?

ingannilo said:
I suggest the tried and true parachute technique.

Grind pods in a coffee grinder, after removing the seeds. Then proceed as you would parachuting anything else. It may take 3-9 "parachutes" (tolerance
pending) to down it all, but it's the easiest and most tasteless manner to consume the goods.

How much do you generally put in a 'chute, and how are they wrapped?

dezyna said:
How much do you generally put in a 'chute, and how are they wrapped?

Tolet paper or a tissue and you just cut out a square add the powder and twist up, cut out excess paper from the twist

I just chop the top off, slice the pod into quarters, and chew it up each piece real good and swallow. You can empty the seeds into your mouth beforehand if you like (they taste good.) Be warned; the morphine and codeine make it taste EXTREMELY bitter, but you get used to it after a couple mouthfulls. I prefer this method over making tea because you get 100% of the morphine and codeine in each pod. However, the effects can last up to 12 hours because a lot of the alkaloids are tied up in the plant's cellulose, giving it an extended-release quality. I would typically eat 10-15 pods to catch a good nod, but you should start off with maybe 5 at first because the potency can vary quite a bit from batch to batch.

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.