Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Mad Men

Cool, so which office were you referring to? The initial one that Sterling Cooper was in or the newer one Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce?

The last episode of season 3 is one of my favorites. Particularly the scenes with Don and Peggy and the scene with Pete Campbell, Roger, and Don at Pete's apartment.

The first office. Also I saw them film the school bus scene, in Glendale California. Haven't seen it yet but I heard of it... I was walking by and I'm like what are they filming and they say mad men, i said cool. At the time I never watched the show..

But I just love the quality of the show, and the acting is top notch

roger being my favorite ass hole

MadMen_Poster.jpg

April 19

Who's ready for the end?

Two theories:

1.Dick awakes from a wound in Korea next to a dead Don Draper. He contemplates stealing his identity and imagines how his life will be as Donald Draper. The entire series was a fantasy from this moment. Don has a heavy look on his face before he makes his decision and the screen goes black.

2. Don commits suicide by jumping from the roof of his building at the end of the show, realizing the metaphor in the opening credits.

But who knows?

I like theory number 2, but I think Don is way to much of an egomaniac narcissist to kill himself.

Nah, he'll get thrown down in the mud all season, and then in proper Don Draper fashion, come out with some amazing recovery and pull off some crazy shit to get everything he wants as usual.

End scene: Don Daper in his office, bottle of scotch, pack of lucky's, snorting cocaine off of a hookers ass. Fade to black.

Gangsta.

Did you hear what I just told you?

--Yes. Lung cancer. Inoperable.

DD is WW! It's a MM BB crossover!

i really would love to see how they play out the "don is db cooper" theory, but i think the series will go out with a few bangs and ultimately a whisper. i think that the only ending that would satisfy the whole series, yet definitely not the fans, is an ending that is void of reason or compassion. it really would bring the whole thing together with a whisky soaked bow wrapped fumblingly around a box full of quasi- richard yates short stories that are from a time and place that no one still living could attest to their authenticity. man...i love the show though. i just think i see it as a super dark story that will not end like breaking bad but as this bubble that just sort of bursts and no one NO ONE is for the better.

LOL Pete Campbell

Neve Campbell was good in her cameo

Edit: Was that her? She had a similar smile and laugh and the way she pronounced some words reminded me of Neve Campbell, but I can't find out who was the actress there, whether it is her or not.

Last edited:
^ It was her.

http://tomandlorenzo.com/2014/04/mad-men-time-zones/

Man, the whole 'she's going to end up like Shannon Tate' thing has not died. Apparently the coyotes deal is eerily similar to the opening passage of Helter Skelter.

And speaking of ominous foreshadowing, here’s Megan, discussing the coyotes which sound like they’re right outside her door but aren’t :”It’s just what happens to the sound in the canyons.”

And here’s the opening lines from the first chapter of Helter Skelter, the book about the Manson Family murders, including Sharon Tate’s:

“It was so quiet, one of the killers would later say, you could almost hear the sound of ice rattling in cocktail shakers in the homes way down the canyon.

The canyons above Hollywood and Beverly hills play tricks with sounds. A noise clearly audible a mile away may be indistinguishable at a few hundred feet.”

There's rumors abound that Don will die in a plane crash...

took a lil over a month but i watched it all and caught up. i started it not out of interest of the characters/story or anything, but some blogs i follow were posting about the the set and costume design. figure i'd give it a chance just for that reason then started to enjoy it as a drama. for the longest i was like.. where is this going then i stopped thinking that way and just enjoyed it for a glimpse into the past and how it was back then.

pics of the sets

NSFW:
TBzzv65.jpg

wICKqas.jpg

Ow8y7uD.jpg

PtwoB0T.jpg

eYD9ie0.jpg

PtwoB0T.jpg

eYD9ie0.jpg

tTbn21K.jpg

zIDZaLQ.jpg

puqvGiu.jpg

JvxYdLc.jpg

fUzXGB3.jpg

NXdxzkK.jpg

QeWMhjy.jpg

zDNjKMG.jpg

7nEclnh.jpg

07OsFm4.jpg

V1BKysE.jpg

eYD9ie0.jpg

Wow! What a great episode last night! It makes it that much more disappointing that we won't get to see any of the final seven episodes for another year or so. It felt like this season was finally hitting stride and now it's over.

Spoilers:
NSFW:
RIP Bertram Cooper

Also, it seemed pretty obvious that Don and Megan's relationship wasn't going well, but it was still a bit surprising that they decided to call it quits. Really felt bad for Don in that instance. He tells her he thinks he's getting fired and won't be part of the agency anymore. Then he finds out they're going to be separating. Felt like everyone was kicking him while he's down.

Oh, and I've always liked her on the show, but Joan is being a cheap bitch.

Ugh a whole year. I haven't even been watching the series for a whole year, I don't think. Between waiting for Mad Men finale and the Boardwalk finale, I'm getting impatient with television.

Spoilers:
NSFW:

Also, it seemed pretty obvious that Don and Megan's relationship wasn't going well, but it was still a bit surprising that they decided to call it quits. Really felt bad for Don in that instance. He tells her he thinks he's getting fired and won't be part of the agency anymore. Then he finds out they're going to be separating. Felt like everyone was kicking him while he's down.

NSFW:
It did seem that there were issues going on. I mean, living 3k miles apart isn't a healthy way to keep a marriage together. But I wasn't expecting it to end so abruptly during a casual phone call. I found it a bit surprising.

Coopers death wasn't much of a shock, though. I've been waiting for this to happen for a few seasons now.

Random thoughts:

It was sad seeing (hearing) them part. I don't even like Meagan.
Did anyone else notice the telescopes in like every scene? Even the in-office ones. A little obtuse.
I hate Cutler... with a passion.
Peggy's pitch was perfect and a beautiful moment between herself and Don.
"Marriage is a racket" was perhaps Peter's best line.

Best episode of the season thus far. Sucks we have to wait so long for the rest, but this was a good mid season finale. Roger was bad ass.

I hate Cutler... with a passion.

I don't like him either, but I thought that was funny when he told Lou off.

I don't remember exactly what he said, but something like, "You're a hired hand, we don't owe you anything. Get back to work"