Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Mad Men

^I was having this conversation with someone while watching the first part of season 7, that the show could very possibly end with Don (probably Dick W.) and Peggy together. There have been subtle hints at this in this past season and maybe a few in previous seasons.

don is out of peggy's league.

What season/episode are you up to?
i had just finished episode 9 of season 3 -- [spoil]where sal is let go[/spoil]. i'm now a few episodes into season 4. it was losing me for a second there. betty used to be my favorite character. things were getting tired and they changed it up in a wrong direction. they tied her into women's liberation and she went from this beautifully creepy sociopath to annoying and scummy. i like her being a direct product of her environment -- interpreted though her twisted, florid lens. her perspective shouldn't have continued to distort with the times. her character could have grown as society progressed and her perspective remained the same. now she's not on the screen much anyone and i'm left thankful. also i was sick of roger and don acting like bitches with each other. this new agency is good stuff. new chapter. while i don't like the setup or feel as much as the first, that had gone bad and i'm excited for what's next.

Last edited:
don is out of peggy's league.

Indeed, but over the series we've seen her evolve quite rapidly. From a shy, tacky and awkward receptionist into a confident and hip heavy hitter at the firm. Much like Don's transition as pieced together from the flashbacks, from a naive and confused used car salesman into the Don Draper.

they're cute, right?

this show flips my love/hate switch on characters every other episode. right now sally draper and peggy olson are the best. peggy smoking ciggs in moments of business related stress? how cool!

hah, I didn't think about that :p

Oh man, one episode to go. It seems like they're ending this with a lot of loose ends left untied.

very anticlimactic indeed. I've been theorizing how the show was going to end since season 3, all I could think after tonight's episode was "what?".

I liked 90% of the finale.

Spoilers:
NSFW:
I could REALLY have done without the amount of the episode devoted to the 'retreat'. He could have shown up, flash-forward to the scene with him calling Peggy, flash forward to him meditating and flash forward to the Coke commercial. Seriously, that's all that was needed for me. All the other shit involving that trip sucked.

Roger's decision to marry Meagan's mother was whatever for me but the scene with his secretaries (pig latin) was enough 'Roger-ism' to carry the episode.

On the bright side Peggy & Stan's love confessions made me swoon and I don't care if it was 'convenient'. I'm happy they are together.

I loved Sally in this episode too - she showed both sides of her parents - her mother's straight-forward ability to deal with reality without getting hysterical (like she explained to Sally in the previous episode) yet at the same time, she showed her Dan side in her need to take care of everyone (namely, her brothers).

I think I may be the only person I talk to about the show who loves Pete & Trudy so I liked watching them climb aboard the plane.

All in all, I'm pleased with the way they ended it. I grew to love the characters so I like seeing them happy. Even if it's just for convenience's sake.

probably gonna start back looking at this. i've completed quite a few series as it is but haven't had time to lounge around for too much.

i reached season 3 but sorta got bored :\. plus the excessive smoking and drinking is quite triggering imo :sus:.

my mother reached pretty far and i've heard the finale was good but i just found the the show to be sorta slow-paced for my liking..

It's probably the (or one of the) best series in the last decade.

Keep watching ;)

Addicted to this, again.
Such a great show, one of the very best, almost gets better with each season too