• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Mad Men

frizzantik

Bluelight Crew
What you are, what you want, what you love doesn't matter. It's all about how you sell it. From AMC and the Emmy® Award-winning executive producer and writer of "The Sopranos" Matthew Weiner, comes Mad Men, a provocative new primetime drama about how to sell the truth. Set in 1960 New York, the daring new series is about the lives of the ruthlessly competitive men and women of Madison Avenue advertising, an ego-driven world where key players make an art of the sell while their private world gets sold.

Got turned on to this show by the lovely fruitfly.. It's pretty fun and kind of interesting to see the "underbelly" of the early 60s culture.. tons of smoking, drinking & cheating going on. The sets and costumes are intended to be as accurate as possible (though I heard the typewriters used in the show didn't come out until 1961! the horror) and it's shot on film which adds to the effect.

The season is about 1/2 way through now.. anybody else catch this? Kinda obscure being on cable channel which usually only shows old movies but it's worth checking out. Available via p2p too :)

tv: Mad Men, Season 2

I couldn't find a thread anywhere about this show... And for the life of me, I cannot understand why.

This is the best piece of television drama since the Sopranos, and I'd argue that it's considerably more inventive. Season two opened up even further, certainly not quite as dry as season one, and paints the most wonderful, vivid picture of life in an early 1960s Madison Avenue ad agency. The season finale, set against the backdrop of the Cuban Missile Crisis, was breathtaking.

Jon Hamm (aka Don Draper, the central character) has to be one of the undiscovered gems of acting - he's done some small roles before, but has never had the opportunity to eat something up like this. Perfect casting, not just in him, but the entire show.

One of the reasons I am harping on about the merits of this series, is that it is one of the very few, what I would call, 'distinctly male' pieces of television writing in an era of 'Cashmere Sex in the Walrus Mafia' dominated, highly feminised, syrupy shit.

I could go on for hours, but I won't. Just watch it. It's brilliant.

I watched the first series, thought it was great.. don't have a telly now so will probably miss this.. the constant drinking and smoking was great and I agree the Don Draper character was acted quite excellently. very authentic feeling program

Fuck this show is so good. Thanks to Amy and PB for telling me about it ;) <3
Watching the entire first season now, Im hooked.
PS. All that smoking...omg....I am tempted to light a cig (I "quit" two weeks ago!)

mad-men.jpg

Finally a TV show I can really sink my teeth into =D

Yeah I've seen the entire second season and was quite pleased. They've done a terrific job with the casting and the accuracy, I literally feel as if I'm in the early 60's. My mom was telling me was telling me to watch it, glad I listened.

I'm excited to see season 3 when it gets on on-demand.

Bravo, Bravo.

The first time I watched it I thought that I wasn't going to like it..it seemed slow and about business men of all things. Not my typical show. Halfway through the second episode it became my favorite show on TV...or should I say on the internet.

when i first saw the ads on sbs i thought it was a doco! enjoyed the first season muchly.

tortured%20genius.jpg

From the web...
Paul Kinsey is totally the most fuckable dark horse of the Sterling Cooper boys.

Like, you hope for Don, but you know you’re going to be in a 3 year relationship with Kins.

Moody Orson Welles type who is a bottomless pit of need? Insecure cause he’s round therefore making you always feel confident about your figure? Rich voice and confused left leaning political views? Please. I’m first in line.

;)<3

Just about to watch the third season ....I'm stoked!

I've been told by about 739,513,227 people that this show would be right up my alley. I'm sure I'll get around to it some day. But I still have not watched The Wire yet and and even large number of people have told me THAT show would be right up my alley.

^^I haven't watched the WIRE either even if 908,765 people have told me exactly the same thing. You're not alone!!!

nope, not after last week's episode.

NSFW:
He's sure to die in 'nam, and even if he doesn't, he still wont be present to ruin Joan's life anymore.

yuck, i hate to want to get involved in t.v. even my fave shows i have been able to get by with and not miss, but i hear so damn much about this one!! i am even tempted to try to get season one on netflix and go for it.

the photography direction in mad men > the photography for vanity fair-- IMO.