• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD subthread] - Therapeutic Benefits / Retrospective

^Prett diamonds: So whats your first favorite? LSD is tumbling down my list personally, but I assume that one day it will be good again :)

No worries OBD.

Im curious about your favorite substance also Swilow. I'v had some rather bad experiences with various RC's i've tried.. nothing surpasses my love for LSD as of yet.

How often should you trip on LSD?

I'd say once a month.

Although lately i've been doing it almost every weekend or every second weekend. It's a hard drug for me to push aside because every time i take it i feel like im building upon myself in a more positive way.. gaining more insight and knowledge into different things..

Im not quite sure why everyone says socializing on it is difficult. I think if you understand yourself enough and know what you want to say, it's actually easier to socialize then when your sober. I notice my pronunciation of words is so clear because i'm confident in everything im saying. It's interesting when you look back on it.. you can actually hear the fear in people's voice's which is why some people struggle to pronounce or explain what there trying to say..

With that said though.. socializing does bring me back to 'reality' if i want to trip really hard i'll keep quiet and go somewhere where i can think and explore my mind.. I dont know if i just find it easier to socialize now because of how much i've been tripping that it doesn't overwhelm me. (I still trip hard, its not a tolerance issue).

I've noticed when i trip for the first 1-2hours is basically a transition period of my mind entering that altered state of consciousness.. once im there.. it's like i've re-entered a certain world, where i feel extremely intelligent.. a more confident person, i feel how i should feel on a daily basis.. the best person i can be.

(Note: I have broken my ego down many times, where i do believe i've overcome certain issues and fears which would often effect my socializing and tripping in general)

I truly believe when you become so 'comfortable' with tripping, that you have no subconscious worry's.. that is the point where your able to be 'amazing', the best person you can possibly be.

I'd say once a month.

Although lately i've been doing it almost every weekend or every second weekend. It's a hard drug for me to push aside because every time i take it i feel like im building upon myself in a more positive way.. gaining more insight and knowledge into different things..

Im not quite sure why everyone says socializing on it is difficult. I think if you understand yourself enough and know what you want to say, it's actually easier to socialize then when your sober. I notice my pronunciation of words is so clear because i'm confident in everything im saying. It's interesting when you look back on it.. you can actually hear the fear in people's voice's which is why some people struggle to pronounce or explain what there trying to say..

With that said though.. socializing does bring me back to 'reality' if i want to trip really hard i'll keep quiet and go somewhere where i can think and explore my mind.. I dont know if i just find it easier to socialize now because of how much i've been tripping that it doesn't overwhelm me. (I still trip hard, its not a tolerance issue).

I've noticed when i trip for the first 1-2hours is basically a transition period of my mind entering that altered state of consciousness.. once im there.. it's like i've re-entered a certain world, where i feel extremely intelligent.. a more confident person, i feel how i should feel on a daily basis.. the best person i can be.

(Note: I have broken my ego down many times, where i do believe i've overcome certain issues and fears which would often effect my socializing and tripping in general)

I truly believe when you become so 'comfortable' with tripping, that you have no subconscious worry's.. that is the point where your able to be 'amazing', the best person you can possibly be.
Once a month?!? Omg, I want to trip every week! Ahaha. xP.

It's much eaiser to communicate on LSD than any other psych imo, but it's still a bit hard. My thoughts are clear, but I often find myself not making sense. Like, you think you know what you're saying and it makes sense in your brain, but when it comes out and another persona analyzes it, IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TO THEM AT ALL! Ahaah, and then I feel a tad bit stupid, but I recover fast with, "I'm trippin, ok!!?" :p

Talking actually can work either way with me (with the trip). If I'm talking about crap like...reality and different perspectives, etc...then I can go deeper into my trip. But if I'm trying to carry on a "normal conversation" about what I did one day or something, then I tend to try to "sober up" so I don't get distracted.

But I often find myself not making sense. Like, you think you know what you're saying and it makes sense in your brain, but when it comes out and another persona analyzes it, IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TO THEM AT ALL! Ahaah, and then I feel a tad bit stupid, but I recover fast with, "I'm trippin, ok!!?" :p

Are you sure it doesn't make sense? This situation has happened many times with myself and friends.. and i've noticed it's usually an unwillingness on there behalf to try and understand what your saying for fear of feeling like they've gone 'insane' or 'too deep'. So they'll go into a defensive mode and try push it back onto you by looking confused,silent or replying with any form of word which implies your crazy..

This then makes you feel like you've lost your mind (And its a really horrible feeling) because people refuse to acknowledge what your trying to say.

There have been instance's in my earlier days of tripping where i infact couldn't process a thought into language, therefore anything i said sounded like gibberish. But when you actually explain something in detail without stuttering and with a real interest in what your saying.. and that person dismisses it by means of words or body language implying your crazy.. then those people are just ignorant, and more then likely have issues themselves.. which there afraid to go to deep with on a mental level.

I like to think of these people as 'Surface' people, where there trip and how they act are still very much dictated by there ego.

This of course is just my view on this matter, and i could just sound crazy to everyone here =D But it's for this reason that i really involve myself with social interaction when it does reach that level, i enjoy having discussions with people about everything and anything when tripping.. the sky's the limit.

^ true as truth itself

I tripped with close friends that are very open in conversation, and our conversations flowed so seamlessly and intelligently it was actually intensely pleasurable. Our topics definitely got VERY broad after a while though hahaha. We describe the act of trying to comprehend our thought patterns at the time as trying to hold a beach ball that is expanding indefinitely at a high rate of speed. We actually visualized this with our hands and it was fucking hilarious.

I thought i'd ask this here, i thought a new thread would be a bit of a waste.. and im constantly coming up with new questions and idea's of different ways of thinking.

So i had 1 tab of probably the cleanest LSD i've ever had last night.. it wasn't overwhelming strong, but the mental clarity was out of this world, my ability to piece together different thoughts, mental images and speak so fluently about the topic i was discussing. I was able to pull mental images out of nowhere and construct wonderful meaning.

Now, here's the weird side of this story. 41hours without sleep, probably only sleeping roughly 3-4hours within that time frame (Took the tab roughly 22 hours ago) and i am feeling more switched on and tuned in then i've ever felt.. it's very strange i feel so incredibly awake.. and not only that but people i've been talking to i can recall names, places and events like its the back of my hand.

I had been having massive difficulty with my mind in recent weeks where i would fade in and out of concentration, suffering headaches and chronic fatigue which was worrying me a lot, but this is so unbelievably different.. its like it clicked something back in place.

Bit more then a basic question.. although i would love to hear input on this. This feeling of 'mental intelligence' is beyond anything i've ever experienced in my past years of tripping.

Last edited:
^^ youve got me wondering if that was not a DoX compound??? usually LSD lasts 12 hours then you can sleep. But if it was L, and it did give you a mental change for the better CONGRATS, sounds like it was worth the trip indeed. <3 I have notice mental clarity after tripping in general but never to the degree that you described :)

It may have been a DoX considering how long it lasted Malakaix. I personally love the Dox compounds especially DOC. I find them to get me to the same place as L sometimes with less tab's , and I really dig the 36 hour trips. I had great fun with a batch of DOC last year and don't really get why people dislike it so much. I can see how if you were trying to obtain LSD and got that instead you may be upset , but that's not how it went down for me. I was told what it was and I bought a shit ton and couldn't have been happier with my purchase. I probably dosed that out a good twenty times last year and I'm still as happy as could be :D

Hmm that's interesting.. see i thought maybe that could be it, that it was a DOx compound, however.. around roughly 12hours after ingestion i was really tired.. because i also hadn't slept the night before.. but i had a friends 20th to attend the next day so i only took a 2hour nap and then headed over to there place.. my tiredness escaped me and i was pretty awake and tuned in for a good few hours.. i started to do something mentally, which i've never really noticed any other times while tripping, i was taking mental images of 'life' and narrowing them down to the most basic of properties.. i was able to re-create a mental image of the purpose of 'life' in my head.. after a while there i started to feel tired again and thought it'd probably be a good idea to pass out somewhere for a few more hours.

I only fell asleep for about an hour then woke.. still feeling tired i told them i was gonna head off and try sleep.. once i got home, i had something to eat and drink.. checked my emails, forums etc. But for some reason.. i again was extremely tuned in.. remarkable feeling, i was chatting to a few people over Ventrilo, and it astounded me at how easily i was able to recall names, events.. i was having amazing conversations.. and all i wanted to do was have discussions about something to someone cause i was so mentally active.. i found it strange that this effect had re-occurred so long after ingestion and so long since i had slept.

I still feel pretty 'good' the next day now, i do hope its some form of permanent change, truly a wonderful feeling of absolute clarity.

Im not sure what the substance was, as there's alot of conflicting issues.. but either way, im very happy with the end result.

This is even more positive for myself, because for the last 3-4 weeks i had kept falling in and out of concentration, it was really strange, for a few hours it was almost like i would fall back into the state my mind was before i ever touched psychedelic's (sober state) and then the next few hours i would slip into a motivationaly driven mental state where i felt like my mind felt extremely sharp, i thought maybe it had to do with the left and right hemispheres if my mind.. i was also experiencing chronic headaches for no reason.. which seem to have disappeared now.. but either way it seems the last trip aligned things up. :)

I still feel pretty 'good' the next day now, i do hope its some form of permanent change, truly a wonderful feeling of absolute clarity.

Im not sure what the substance was, as there's alot of conflicting issues.. but either way, im very happy with the end result.

This is even more positive for myself, because for the last 3-4 weeks i had kept falling in and out of concentration, it was really strange, for a few hours it was almost like i would fall back into the state my mind was before i ever touched psychedelic's (sober state) and then the next few hours i would slip into a motivationaly driven mental state where i felt like my mind felt extremely sharp, i thought maybe it had to do with the left and right hemispheres if my mind.. i was also experiencing chronic headaches for no reason.. which seem to have disappeared now.. but either way it seems the last trip aligned things up. :)

Sounds like perhaps you just had a wonderfully enlightening, spirit altering trip... it happens <3 I have had psychedelic afterglow from LSD last for weeks :D its a wonderful thing.

Ann Shulgin said at a confrence that I attended that if she didnt trip every 6 months or so she would not feel herself, she said that it was like clearing the cobwebs of every day life out.

I am very happy for you! <3

Are you sure it doesn't make sense? This situation has happened many times with myself and friends.. and i've noticed it's usually an unwillingness on there behalf to try and understand what your saying for fear of feeling like they've gone 'insane' or 'too deep'. So they'll go into a defensive mode and try push it back onto you by looking confused,silent or replying with any form of word which implies your crazy..

This then makes you feel like you've lost your mind (And its a really horrible feeling) because people refuse to acknowledge what your trying to say.

There have been instance's in my earlier days of tripping where i infact couldn't process a thought into language, therefore anything i said sounded like gibberish. But when you actually explain something in detail without stuttering and with a real interest in what your saying.. and that person dismisses it by means of words or body language implying your crazy.. then those people are just ignorant, and more then likely have issues themselves.. which there afraid to go to deep with on a mental level.

I like to think of these people as 'Surface' people, where there trip and how they act are still very much dictated by there ego.

This of course is just my view on this matter, and i could just sound crazy to everyone here =D But it's for this reason that i really involve myself with social interaction when it does reach that level, i enjoy having discussions with people about everything and anything when tripping.. the sky's the limit.
Well...now..I'm not exactly sure. o_O...

*shifty*

Bit more then a basic question.. although i would love to hear input on this. This feeling of 'mental intelligence' is beyond anything i've ever experienced in my past years of tripping.

This is what LSD is to me,
what I fell in love with, the first time.

i call it "cognitive dexterity".

I am gifted to some degree with a natural proficiency at the construction and analysis of complex theoretical or abstract systems, relationships and their interactions.
Probability, possibility, causality and logical implications within and of events and systems are things I consider and "view" intuitively, modelling the world and basing my actions, to some degree, on supposed logical probability.
I do not mean like using statistics to work out the most probably efficient way of investing on the stock market,
but rather as instinctively "seeing" concepts, events, people, purposes and ideas as "chains of events" or trees.
To what useful effect I have put this natural tendency could be argued,
but I always did like it.
It is quite symbolic for me, I have loved considering these things for as long as I can remember. It was the thing that made me different to other people (in my own eyes, the way i think defines me).
I sensed that it was beneficial in understanding the world.

being as intuition, the style and mechanics of the modelling and analysis became naturally ingrained.

I would've been happy to have simply expanded the scope, to be able to see more of the "big picture", at once. To me, everything is relative, and so irrelevant without context.
Context is everything, the greatest breadth of consideration and observation comes at the limit of that cognitive dexterity, which I am currently able to harness.

LSD deconstructed the way I thought, and allowed me to consider and rebuild it, as if I had no prejudices from my life, but with all the experiences.

As I got older, the less my logical analysis was applied to myself.
Then that acid showed me what I had learned,
things I should've realised a while ago, but "missed" because of some foolsih assumption or denial.
I re-realised the best way to think,
then I re-realised the best things to think about,
Then I just sat and implemented these things.
After that, I just thought.... and it was beautiful.
I felt like a little kid again.
A wonder at the elegant reiteration of the trees.
The unexpected refreshment of suddenly becoming conscious of counter-productive habits and intellectual laziness that had crept up on me,
and the satisfaction of shedding that inefficiency of which I was unaware.

And the visual-cognitive synergy that reminded me of moments of surreal genius.
seeing a seed grow into all the different possible trees, representative of "real" events and factors,
fractals representing dispersion and interaction between ideas, forces and events.

It was surprising, because I wanted nothing more in the world, than that acid trip, and I had no idea.

I thought i'd ask this here, i thought a new thread would be a bit of a waste.. and im constantly coming up with new questions and idea's of different ways of thinking.

So i had 1 tab of probably the cleanest LSD i've ever had last night.. it wasn't overwhelming strong, but the mental clarity was out of this world, my ability to piece together different thoughts, mental images and speak so fluently about the topic i was discussing. I was able to pull mental images out of nowhere and construct wonderful meaning.

Now, here's the weird side of this story. 41hours without sleep, probably only sleeping roughly 3-4hours within that time frame (Took the tab roughly 22 hours ago) and i am feeling more switched on and tuned in then i've ever felt.. it's very strange i feel so incredibly awake.. and not only that but people i've been talking to i can recall names, places and events like its the back of my hand.

I had been having massive difficulty with my mind in recent weeks where i would fade in and out of concentration, suffering headaches and chronic fatigue which was worrying me a lot, but this is so unbelievably different.. its like it clicked something back in place.

I would guess this to be a DOx compound as well. Sounds similar to my experience with DOI, but there's no way to know for sure. The DOx's seem to me to have less confusion than LSD, and much less difficulty communicating with non-tripping people.

Hello hello. Okay here's the deal, I really want to try some acid. I'm really curious about how it can give me new perspectives on life; I guess I have some social/personality problems. I've come a long way within the last year but I wanted to see where acid could take me.

The problem is, I feel as if I'm really mentally unstable. Just a couple examples, (lol don't laugh) when i was a kid my mom would tell me Satan existed and could haunt me at anytime. I was paranoid as fuck for most of my childhood. also...i've tried to lucid dream before, and when i wanted to direct a dream down a certain path, it would go the opposite way. (basically, an annoying habbit of consciously wanting to do one thing, but subconsciously doing another thing when i don't have full control of myself). hahaha, so anyways, im not sure how acid would affect me...and wanted to ask you experienced users out there if you thought i could possibly handle tripping, especially if things went wrong.

Hello hello. Okay here's the deal, I really want to try some acid. I'm really curious about how it can give me new perspectives on life; I guess I have some social/personality problems. I've come a long way within the last year but I wanted to see where acid could take me.

The problem is, I feel as if I'm really mentally unstable. Just a couple examples, (lol don't laugh) when i was a kid my mom would tell me Satan existed and could haunt me at anytime. I was paranoid as fuck for most of my childhood. also...i've tried to lucid dream before, and when i wanted to direct a dream down a certain path, it would go the opposite way. (basically, an annoying habbit of consciously wanting to do one thing, but subconsciously doing another thing when i don't have full control of myself). hahaha, so anyways, im not sure how acid would affect me...and wanted to ask you experienced users out there if you thought i could possibly handle tripping, especially if things went wrong.

lsd has the potential to reawaken dormant or repressed memories that could really bum your trip. there is a point where introspection just becomes paranoia and fear with acid. especially at higher doses. i'd say just try to enjoy your trip. ego death is not really something one can 'achieve', it kinda just takes you by surprise.

the problems you describe didn't sound all that abnormal, lots of people have parents with stilted religious beliefs, and plenty more consciously want one thing and act in a contrary manner. If your problems don't extend much beyond that you should be as compatible with acid as anyone... I would read and study about it for a while beforehand, as one should with any new drug. TiHKAL has several sections that could be quite helpful. Chapter 10, i believe, Places in the Mind, the entry on LSD, and a couple other sections would be great preparation.

AWESOME acid trip - where to go from here? :)

So i tried acid for the first time on Friday. With a good mate of mine and two very old good mates I've known since high school. We took it in the daytime. We just giggled and laughed and had the best good hearted brotherly vibe going, everything was beautiful, we walked to the park and lay in the grass and looked at the clouds moving in kaleidoscope patterns. We went on a walk in the evening to the beach and finished up the trip sitting amongst the trees in the park next to the sand.

The problem is, now I really want to have it again! I understand that it wouldn't be a good idea, though. At around midnight at the beach when we were about back to normal, my friend suggested... "hey guys, want to head back and just do another tab? : p " We all knew there's no way we were going to, we were spent, but it was just such an awesome time that we wanted to do it all again.

There was a time during the trip when I was alone in the bathroom, and was thinking quite critically of myself. And I think if I did it alone, there's no way I'd have such an enjoyable and rich and satisfying time, because my best mates wouldn't be there to keep me in check.

But I do want to try a solo trip sometime, as well. But there's no "addictive" pull from the acid trip. I think if I dosed up when I wasn't in the right mood, i'd just get in a critical acid headspace and spend the trip... thinking about how I wasn't in the right mood to be taking acid!

But it was just such a good experience that I want to do it again. I'm thinking I might do it again in a week or two, but even though it's enticing it also feels too soon. Do you think a trip so close to a good trip I've just had, would be a recipe for a difficult trip?

That trip sounds pretty excellent man.

With regards to tripping again, the trip itself should be fine if the setting is equally as ideal as the first time. What you don't want to do is be in such a rush that you just go with any old setting, rather than waiting for a more ideal one.

But in my opinion two weeks is pretty much the minimum time you'd want to wait between trips. If you do it often it takes a strong mind, and if you haven't been feeling 100%, then it's not always a good idea to trip. That said, some people do trip plenty more than that and remain perfectly functional.

I would wait a few weeks between trips so that each time you will continue to have a great experience and it will always feel "new". Glad you enjoyed yourself.