View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD subthread] - Therapeutic Benefits / Retrospective

trancedeviate

Bluelighter

I remember when I got my first taste of lucy, it was so sweet, so amazing. Just pure euphoria, wonder, ecstacy... everything we all know that good lucy has the potential to be.

Lately however... my trips have been pretty unimpressive. That "sparkle" seems to be gone, and I have noticed a nasty body load when I am on acid. Its like my body is not comfortable in any position, it is extremely difficult to be comfortable, and I have this weird feeling in my body that inhibits a lot of movement... I just feel like sprawling across a couch or something.

I mean dont get me wrong, I have still enjoyed my trips recently, but they have been NOTHING like they used to be. I just feel fucked up when I do acid lately, not enlightened. Does that make sense?

I cant help but wonder if I've just been getting shitty acid. The stuff I had lately.. I don't think its very clean, it didnt feel like some of the stuff I've gotten a couple years back. Does it really make that big of a difference?

I want those dazzling, mindblowing, clean and euphoric trips back, lately acid has just been like "eh" to me...

Can anyone relate?

Last edited by a moderator:
trancedeviate said:
I remember when I got my first taste of lucy, it was so sweet, so amazing. Just pure euphoria, wonder, ecstacy... everything we all know that good lucy has the potential to be.

Lately however... my trips have been pretty unimpressive. That "sparkle" seems to be gone, and I have noticed a nasty body load when I am on acid. Its like my body is not comfortable in any position, it is extremely difficult to be comfortable, and I have this weird feeling in my body that inhibits a lot of movement... I just feel like sprawling across a couch or something.

I mean dont get me wrong, I have still enjoyed my trips recently, but they have been NOTHING like they used to be. I just feel fucked up when I do acid lately, not enlightened. Does that make sense?

I cant help but wonder if I've just been getting shitty acid. The stuff I had lately.. I don't think its very clean, it didnt feel like some of the stuff I've gotten a couple years back. Does it really make that big of a difference?

I want those dazzling, mindblowing, clean and euphoric trips back, lately acid has just been like "eh" to me...

Can anyone relate?

Yeah, my honeymoos ended in divorce; though we still see each other occaisionally. I still have good experiences when I do it; though about two years or so ago, I really started to notice the unpleasant body-load, and associate it with anxiety. Personally, I'm not going to take acid for quite some time; years perhaps- I feel somewhat 'jaded' towards it for now. Also, I prefer mushrooms which will soon be bursting through the soil aroung my parts %)

How often do you take acid Trancedeviate?

swilow said:
How often do you take acid Trancedeviate?

Not a whole hell of a lot, but lately it's been kind of frequent I guess. I went for two and a half years without tripping (back then I was doing it with regularity, which ended about 6 months ago when I took two geltabs.

Within the last few months I've done DPT about 5-6 times, acid three or four times, MDMA once, and mushrooms once. I think it's safe to say that my heyday with psychedelics is over at this point, although I'm still very nostalgic about it and wouldn't trade many of my trips for anything. It's kind of sad to me that trips aren't what they used to be; it's a part of growing up I suppose.

I still have faith that the magic could come back in a big way if I found some really quality tabs.

^A few years away, and the experience becomes much more magical. I began tripping when I was about 15 and continued to about 18-19, then got into stims/E/blahblah shit.....upon my return to LSD at about 22, all the magic was revealed back UNTO me, and you know something is good if it happens unto you.

anyone noticed while heavilly tripping ur balls skin is shrinking??

^ yes I believe this has to do with its action on dopamine receptors. Also my dick will get smaller much like it does on amph.

Question: Does anybody notice LSD is much more deep psychologically than other comparable tryptamines?

I have really been blown away this week in terms of my psychology and realizing aspects about myself that I don't think a shorter-lasting tryptamine psychedelic (eg 4-HO-DMT, DPT, etc) would have uncovered. I am in awe of LSD. It is pure power.

samadhi_smiles said:
Question: Does anybody notice LSD is much more deep psychologically than other comparable tryptamines?

I have really been blown away this week in terms of my psychology and realizing aspects about myself that I don't think a shorter-lasting tryptamine psychedelic (eg 4-HO-DMT, DPT, etc) would have uncovered. I am in awe of LSD. It is pure power.

Depends what you mean by deep.

I find it more usefull than most other psychedelics.
It allows me to navigate my consciousness with more ease than than 4 ho xxx (which at high doses lead me somewhere rather than letting me navigate) or 2c-x (2c-x just seem "fun" these days).

Also LSD is one of the easiest drugs to achieve ego death on through meditation.
I find that shutting off the mental chatter and just listening/being the hum of the universe can be done at pretty much any point of the trip.
Also i dont get any of the fear that i usually get or associate with ego death through 4 ho xxx.

LSD is very special.
i think its like a beautiful mix of the PEA and tryptamine mindstate.

Glad you had a good trip.

Yes, it felt...very powerful. I sat up from the ergoloid daze at one point and began crying and saying that I felt power.

I also remember asking myself whether I would "find my god".

Also, I remember after injecting some ketamine laying on my bed squirming and saying "an opening...an opening...open up...open up" as I literally felt something in my mind/brain dissolving under the brute force of the LSD.

Even now I form tears at the utter power/beauty of it all. I cannot comprehend what happened to me truly and this is after tripping well over a hundred times on various chemicals.

You are right, LSD is very special. It is powerful medicine for me as it has sent me diving deep into my psychology.

But even yet something still eludes me....I do not know what....I linger in the back of my mind with the thought that even LSD will not truly liberate my soul from this earthly existence.

I know not?

LSD can give you a glimpse but you need to do the work. LSD wont liberate you as long as you have attachments to the physical reality, but what is wrong with enjoying this earthly existence? I look at it more like we (the One consciousness/the idea/concept of infinity/god) are experiencing ourself in a physical sense from and it is beautiful. Yes there is suffering in this physical reality but LSD can let you see through the veil of the ego games so you can keep your ego to survive in this physical reality while also realizing it as a false center. Suffering is a fact of existence but its up to you how big a part you want to take in it. It is all part of the duality of the physical plane- with suffering comes happiness, they exist in relation to one another and cannot be separated. Your soul cant be liberated from this earthly existence, because your soul is this earthly existence.

Just some food for thought and some ideas that I have been throwing back and forth lately after a recent high dose LSD episode.

Namaste.

yes it was. lots of very deep insight there. I have always loved reading your thoughts freedomofthemind...they feel like they speak to my own experience in a way that I can't quite articulate myself.

Psychological therapy is one reason I take psychedelics. The other is what you are talking about, this expression of being - the pure joy of living and being a thing that can exude euphoria and bliss. To be a conscious thing is to be a peculiar thing sometimes :)

FreedomOfTheMind said:
Your soul cant be liberated from this earthly existence, because your soul is this earthly existence.
whoa just reread this, it is an awesome point 8o <3

samadhi_smiles said:
Psychological therapy is one reason I take psychedelics. The other is what you are talking about, this expression of being - the pure joy of living and being a thing that can exude euphoria and bliss.

and if you are looking to find both those aspects in 1 drug LSD would be it.

It allows access and insights into being/essence/oneness aswell as being a great tool to explore your psyche and learn about yourself.

Wow. I just had a really interesting trip last night, and I still don't know quite what to make of it... 8o

Took two hits of some very potent blotter. The entire trip turned out to be a nightmare basically, but I'm still trying to figure out how my mind went down this path. It started out as all good feelings, but then I became cold... and as the trip wore on, the feeling of coldness grew and grew until it became a storm of physical discomfort and negative mental thought loops.

I just went with the flow, and my mind took me to extremely anxious, tense, and negative places...

I had some incredible epiphanies amidst these nightmarish emotions, though. I learned how my thoughts sound as a language of pure LOGIC. I heard inner voices speaking to me in a glossolalia that was a language that represented no real physical matter, but rather logic and thought. They were my thoughts being spit back at me, lingually. I laughed sometimes at the sheer absurdity of what I was hearing; they were sentences that just fed through themselves over and over, and got absolutely nowhere...

I also entered a state of what I think was ego loss. I couldn't control what was happening in my mind, because there was no such thing as "I". When I got up to get a glass of water, "I" didn't walk down the hall into the kitchen; rather, I experienced my mind controlling my body. Truly fascinating.

All in all I'm absolutely thrilled that I had such a mindblowing experience. But the next time I trip I would like to guide my thoughts into a more positive direction... Could the direction of my emotions during that trip have been positive, or was it fate that I entered a state of negativity?

Sorry for the mini trip report there, but I'm still trying to piece everything toghether...

Peace. <3

TheAppleCore said:
Could the direction of my emotions during that trip have been positive, or was it fate that I entered a state of negativity?

Who knows. It really is all set and setting. The 'negative' trend of your trip could've been caused by other things going on in your life dwelling in your thoughts or maybe just the music you were listening to or some other nuance of your tripping environment. Going into it positively is usually the best, but you seem like you did that anyways. So, like I said, who knows.

It's good that you 'went with the flow' though. As long as one does this, any experience can be a 'positive' one overall, as you seem to understand. It's when you resist and try to fight the madness going on in your head that you run into problems and the oh-so-feared (by some anyways) 'bad' trip.

Rather, one should try not to think of anything during a trip as positive or negative. Just take it all in as it is, and see it as nothing more than an experience.

TheAppleCore said:
Wow. I just had a really interesting trip last night, and I still don't know quite what to make of it... 8o

Took two hits of some very potent blotter. The entire trip turned out to be a nightmare basically, but I'm still trying to figure out how my mind went down this path. It started out as all good feelings, but then I became cold... and as the trip wore on, the feeling of coldness grew and grew until it became a storm of physical discomfort and negative mental thought loops.

I just went with the flow, and my mind took me to extremely anxious, tense, and negative places...

I had some incredible epiphanies amidst these nightmarish emotions, though. I learned how my thoughts sound as a language of pure LOGIC. I heard inner voices speaking to me in a glossolalia that was a language that represented no real physical matter, but rather logic and thought. They were my thoughts being spit back at me, lingually. I laughed sometimes at the sheer absurdity of what I was hearing; they were sentences that just fed through themselves over and over, and got absolutely nowhere...

I also entered a state of what I think was ego loss. I couldn't control what was happening in my mind, because there was no such thing as "I". When I got up to get a glass of water, "I" didn't walk down the hall into the kitchen; rather, I experienced my mind controlling my body. Truly fascinating.

All in all I'm absolutely thrilled that I had such a mindblowing experience. But the next time I trip I would like to guide my thoughts into a more positive direction... Could the direction of my emotions during that trip have been positive, or was it fate that I entered a state of negativity?

Sorry for the mini trip report there, but I'm still trying to piece everything toghether...

Peace. <3

I applaud you. So many people would have experienced that and called it a "bad trip". It's a pet peeve of mine when people think that psychedelics are all fun and games and label anything less than enjoyable a "bad trip". IMO, nothing short of outright psychosis should be called a bad trip, as chances are there's a reason that your trip was difficult. Difficult trips are often where we learn and grow the most. Sure, it's a bummer if you expect love and beauty and get an introspective nightmare, but it's what you signed up for when you took a psychedelic and you should learn from it. Sigh. People.
[/rant]

I'm getting acid soon!!

*jumps up and down*

Or hopefully. But two drug dealers said they would go hunting for some for me. :D:D:D

Thanks for the replies Strangeness and LSDreamer. It definitely wasn't all bad. I learned some fascinating things about the my mind, and the universe in general. And besides, where would positive emotions be if negative emotions didn't exist? I tend to think of negative and positive emotions as the black ink and the white spaces in a black-and-white photograph. Without enough black ink, there would be no clear image; just an unintelligible white wash.

I think that I'm just a really anxious person, and the LSD displayed this to me (not that I didn't already know that I have anxiety)... I think that next time, I'll make sure that I'm totally calm (and warm) when I drop. Hell, maybe I'll suck down a balloon of nitrous as I come up! There's no anxiety that can stand in the way of sweet sweet nitrous. <3

And Pretty Diamonds, get ready for one of the most intense experiences of your life! Tread with caution... good luck! <3

^ Very possible your anxiety was just coming to the surface. I'm probably a lot like you, I had a lot of anxiety (still somewhat do but not nearly as much) while growing up, and I've had countless trips where I would get stuck in a mental loop worrying about everything about me or the people around me (what they're thinking of me, how I looked, etc) but eventually all that kind of melted away. Just need to learn to accept things the way they are and all that will go away.

uhm....ok...did the LSD, had fun, at my graduation...trippy, watery visuals, nice state of mind, but i have some doubts...
is extreme depresion a normal after-effect? i mean, it's the second day today and i feel like i took speed not lsd...and i am 99.9% sure it was LSD...and it feels like my head's blank...i can't concentrate on anything... but i guess thats's normal and it's gonna go away...right...?

but overall it was a mindblowing experience, and it made me...stronger, because i had the most crazy set and setting (my school...graduation...got my diploa...) and didn't had even 1 moment of nervousness or even the slightest bad trip..it all seemed too fuckinn funny to freak out...:)
so per total i loved LSD...and i have now lost my fear of psychedelics seein as i'm not planning on exaggeratin (i mean i don't plan on takind acid more than once a month...i don't wanna copletly burn my serotonin)

*oh by the way....it wasn't just LSD, i took some molly, key , hash and valium with it ;)