• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD subthread] - Therapeutic Benefits / Retrospective

:)) well...got there....got dressed in the robe, got the wird hat on, and stood ther etill the ceremon ndend and got the diplom....and it wasss trippy and freaky and fun

^The depression is from the molly for sure. Also, LSD doesn't reduce serotonin levels like MDMA does.

Oh well....i guess besides from the molly, the fact that i'm not getting into collage this year is a big factor for the depression...but god damn that was some strong molly, had just the tinyest amount of crystal...

can someone describe to me this "metallic edge" that I keep hearing LSD sometimes brings? Is it unpleasant and overwhelming ? What about the duration? With 5-MeO-DMT, I've experienced something along the lines of the sound of the void and it's been very overpowering, scary, and downright uncomfortable, to say the least. I'd certainly NOT want to experience it for HOURS on acid as opposed to minutes while on 5-meo.

^"metallic edge" ? Please explain that to me :)

I dunno what that's about, however - the void - I can understand that. The void is just the absence of all outside stimulus just complete blackness, maybe a tryptamine type whine in your ears & there's only you & yourself. I found it frightening the first time it happened to me.

I hope that serves as an explanation :)

B9 said:
^"metallic edge" ? Please explain that to me :)

I dunno what that's about, however - the void - I can understand that. The void is just the absence of all outside stimulus just complete blackness, maybe a tryptamine type whine in your ears & there's only you & yourself. I found it frightening the first time it happened to me.

I hope that serves as an explanation :)

well, when I was referring to the 'metallic edge', I was quoting from this post: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=5257826&postcount=14 . I think I've heard this said about acid many times before, just worded differently.

All I can say is that I was in something resembling the void and although I didn't black out and was still able to move, I had never been robbed of values, truths, and relativity quite like during my two 5-MeO-Dmt trips. And there was a whine or extreme cosmic pressure/feeling that was absolutely overwhelming and overpowering and certainly could not be described as pleasant. My worry is that if I ever do acid again, I'd find myself in that dimension/headspace for hours, instead of minutes. Which, in the terms of tryptamine time, is no less than infinite eons.

My worry is that if I ever do acid again, I'd find myself in that dimension/headspace for hours, instead of minutes.

I somehow find that difficult to imagine happening on acid,tho I couldn't absolutely guarantee it, but that's me of course. My experiences with these occurrences have been with trypts & all of the DMT family.

There really oughtn't be anything to fear, tho it is very unsettling especially the first time.

If you are that worried then maybe you ought to carefully consider your mindset & analyse exactly how apropriate it is for tripping if you feel this way.

B9 said:
I somehow find that difficult to imagine happening on acid,tho I couldn't absolutely guarantee it, but that's me of course. My experiences with these occurrences have been with trypts & all of the DMT family.

There really oughtn't be anything to fear, tho it is very unsettling especially the first time.

If you are that worried then maybe you ought to carefully consider your mindset & analyse exactly how apropriate it is for tripping if you feel this way.

It's certainly something I'm carefully considering (before I do 2C-E or acid again). All I can say is that I enjoy my hallucinogens for their recreational properties and do not yet feel psychologically and spiritually ready to take the plunge or face my inner demons. 2 trips on just 1 hit of acid each have been very enjoyable but also managed to bring me, albeit in small quantities, a sense of wonder, oneness, unity, all that good stuff. I could also take it one step at a time. Meanwhile, 5-meo just punched me in the face, submerged me in the inverse of this universe, or the void.. and it was certainly something I could not handle one step at a time and was more frightened and confused than ever thought was possible.

Certainly I'm not afraid of the concept of tripping, but I do like to turn up the intensity gradually. Sure, some break through in their first try, but I'd like to think that if I practice tripping with low to moderate dosages of varying substances, then I'll be better prepared to handle myself if I ever find myself in a fill-in-the-blank-over-the-top-fucked-up headspace.

On the other hand, I have a good feeling that since acid, which has been kind to me, and 2C-E (yet to be consumed for the time in the near future), are not tryptamines, then I do have much less of a chance of ending up.. THERE. At least until I'm ready.

but I do like to turn up the intensity gradually

Well that would be a fairly reliable way to handle the uncertainty that comes through in your posting - keep the dosing low & you ought to be fine.

What is it about the void state that frightened you so much ?

B9 said:
Well that would be a fairly reliable way to handle the uncertainty that comes through in your posting - keep the dosing low & you ought to be fine.

What is it about the void state that frightened you so much ?

Well it felt like utter chaos and nothingness at the same time. Time was forever flickering in a single instant and an ominous feeling that told me I was gonna be stuck there forever overtook me. I really can't explain it fully.. it sure has affected me, too. For example, just 2 days ago, sitting in school and listening to my physics teacher randomly make a point about gravitons, atoms, I started imagining how all that we perceive is only one representation of things. Then I imagined all the infinite atoms and particles that are actually just floating around the void. A lot like how Neo sees the Matrix as a string of 0s and 1s in the first Matrix film. And seconds after imagining this, it overtook me, and I almost fainted in class, no joke.

^ I just read the post you linked - I think that tregar was tyrying to say that acid was less relaxing than mescaline at times, what I read doesn't constitute "the void" or anything like it. However I have a tendency to skip & if you feel I missed something do point it out.

Imagining the void & being a part of the void it aren't really the same thing in a psychological sense.

To get increased pictorial type thinking isn't that unusual after using psychedelics IME

B9 said:
Imagining the void & being a part of the void it aren't really the same thing in a psychological sense.

That's very true. And I think I experienced both, the being part of it/in it (during the actual trip) and imagining it, like in class.

B9 said:
To get increased pictorial type thinking isn't that unusual after using psychedelics IME

Then again, I didn't really 'see' anything. I imagined 'seeing' it, just like I was a part of the void, which I could feel and know, but not see (because it's a void, made of nothingness; maybe you can't really 'see' nothingness?).

^ Hmm well seeing or imagining seeing are to me the same thing in pictorial thinking - sometimes the picture is visibly clear in the minds eye & at other times less clear.

If you have experienced the void then I'm not surprised that you feel wary.

What is it that you're wary of tho ? ;)

B9 said:
What is it that you're wary of tho ? ;)

Of being stuck in there. I can't fully explain it, but it is madness there! When I'm there, I feel and know with every fiber of my being that there is NO WAY IN HELL I'm ever making it out of there. Even though I *should* know that it's only a substance, both times I've done 5-meo, this knowledge didn't factor in at all. I dunno, maybe my trip report words it better: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=396603 . All I can say is.. I didn't know what was going on, I just knew I was WAYYYY over my head. And the stuff hits you sooo fast, within seconds.

Now, one thing's for sure: I may have just struggled to hold on to my ego when I should have let go. But I just didn't have the time to even understand what was going on. Also, would you equate accepting the reality of an eternal stay at the void to giving up your ego?

Your ego is a hinderance in the void - it's probably what creates the fear felt in the void - if you loose your ego I expect the void disappears.

Also, would you equate accepting the reality of an eternal stay at the void to giving up your ego

In short I would say yes - assumming I understand you correctly which I think I do.

B9 said:
Your ego is a hinderance in the void - it's probably what creates the fear felt in the void - if you loose your ego I expect the void disappears.

This is something I've been suspecting for a long time. And even having this knowledge doesn't help when you take a substance that hits you full force within seconds. This is really why I need to start with lower dosages on slower-acting hallucinogens and either work my way up or never get there.

And even having this knowledge doesn't help when you take a substance that hits you full force within seconds.

QFT :)

Do you think that fear of being alone is the main cause of the psychological "discomfort" felt in the void ?

B9 said:
Do you think that fear of being alone is the main cause of the psychological "discomfort" felt in the void ?

I think so. If I had to be alone forever, with 0 things to do, I would, without a doubt, do everything to end my miserable and indescribably boring and pointless existence. But I also feel that I am unique in one way in that I also have ADD so I constantly need new inputs (and many of them). I'm always either listening to music, playing video games, surfing the internet (while listening to music), etc, and when you're in the void.. it's really facing reality for the first time, at least initially.

Then, in a few eons, you'd get very tired of examining your own reality when all you would have to put it in perspective against would be nothing that's real anymore (ok, maybe this currently reality we inhabit isn't real either, but it's easy to think it's real), but just the nothingness that is the void, and nothing else. What purpose is that? Who care what YOU'RE like when YOU'RE irrelevant? Unless you can become a part of a greater conscience where you don't need to or can't think for yourself anymore (which in itself is worth debating whether that's good or bad), you would simply go mad. And more mad. And more mad. After a few eons, you'd surely had better become a part of a greater conscience or simply disappeared. The alternative is.. maddening. Mindfucking.

Does that better explain how I feel about the void?

Last edited:
Surely the inputs could be described as distractions from the deeper you ?

Maybe not as well tho.

I'm finding this quite interesting BTW :)