• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD subthread] - Therapeutic Benefits / Retrospective

Sounds like your in a pretty bad place right now. Try to stay positive, I know it can be hard. I think you should avoid experimenting with new substances until you get things a little more sorted out. I have no experience with opiods, but plenty with addiction. I'm sure they'd dull the pain but at a cost you can't afford (literally and metaphoricly).

Psychedelic drugs I beleive can show you a lot about yourself, your consciousness, your perceptions, all kinds of things. But in order to get the most out of this you really need to be in a "good place" psychologicaly to begin with.

May I ask, are you on a path of self destruction? You mention suicide, you've "considered opiod addiction.", and your considering using LSD? Seriously, just don't do anything rash.

will LSD change my personality?

I grew up as a shy guy not so much talkative. I cant approach girls at all and im a good looking guy.

Ive taken shrooms a lot of times and everytime I get this superior mentality than makes me believe I found my true self. That Im smarter and know the path I must take in life. It makes me think about life and my future. It also makes me become more open. I did it with a friend and I told her everything about myself and kept going on and on. I was extremely social and I loved it. This is the only reason I shroom it, not to trip out during the first 2-3 hours. But the part after where im chillin and have that mentality.

Is LSD similar to this? Is it possible that I become more social by taking it? Does the effect last?

Thank you for those that answer me

It is possible. Don't expect it to magically change you and solve all your problems. It is an enormously powerful force, a tool that can be used to this purpose amongst others. It will show you your true self, and gives you the opportunity to understand your own mind, but you may or may not like what you see, and it is up to you to step up and do something with your life.

yes, LSD will change your personality. Its an extremely powerful psychotropic drug. It also tends to destroy certain ideas that you hold near and dear to you, which can have a profound impact on the kind of person you develop naturally into.

It *might* make you a more social person, but I doubt it has a propensity toward this...using LSD toward a set goal like that hardly ever works.

I usually just take my dose and go with the flow.

Yeah, it's not a black or white answer. You will get new ideas and thoughts, but what really matters is how you act after the trip.

I think this holds true with more psychedelics than just LSD. I think if you want psychedelics to transform you, they will. However, If you are happy with who you are and you don't want to change, i think there isn't as much of a possibility of you changing, but it's still totally possible. I have never had my personality changed from taking psychedelics, but holy fuck have they ever shifted my paradigms, that is to say, they have given me a totally new world view, and now I think I am much more receptive to new new concepts and ideas, and I even would go so far as to say my whole understanding of what exactly constitutes what an Idea is, has totally changed. So, yes, psychedelics will change you. I think part of the reason why I like psychedelics so much is because of the transformation they evoke within you. Its not something that happens whenever you want it to. I mean, I can choose to take this or that psychedelic whenever I want, but the true ++++ type experiences seem to choose when to have me, if you know what I mean. Like sometimes, you're just on psychedelic drugs, and other times, you are having a full blown transformative psychedelic experience, and sometimes it's a little mix of both - being in touch with your deep emotions and having moments of deep introspection and insight, but still able to casually enjoy music, discuss various things and enjoy the sensory fireworks.

So, i will say, yes, psychedelics can change you in a variety of unpredictable ways. It's good to go into the experience with intent, but don't have expectations, because you don't want to be dissapointed, and you know what to end up going crazy taking psychedelics all the time trying to change into something that you're really not.

Last edited:
I grew up as a shy guy not so much talkative. I cant approach girls at all and im a good looking guy.

Ive taken shrooms a lot of times and everytime I get this superior mentality than makes me believe I found my true self. That Im smarter and know the path I must take in life. It makes me think about life and my future. It also makes me become more open. I did it with a friend and I told her everything about myself and kept going on and on. I was extremely social and I loved it. This is the only reason I shroom it, not to trip out during the first 2-3 hours. But the part after where im chillin and have that mentality.

Is LSD similar to this? Is it possible that I become more social by taking it? Does the effect last?

Thank you for those that answer me

Welcome to Bluelight Xaiko! <3 We are glad that you have so quickly found your way into Psychedelic Drugs as it is just like one big family. Your use of psychedelics until not sounds wonderful. I am truly happy that you have had experiences on shrooms that make you believe that you have found your "true self."

Psychedelics in general are beautiful <3 and have the ability to teach you many things about your self and the universe. You got some good answers from those who responded before me. But I can tell you that after I tried LSD for the first time I was forever changed. No one can tell you for sure how you will react to LSD, I believe that you can get out of an LSD experience whatever you wish to upon entering into the trip, that is not to say that you will become more social, but perhaps you will be able to confront the part of you that makes you a bit anti social.

LSD is a wonderful molecule but surely one to be taken with caution and care. Happy trails should you choose to indulge. <3 :)<3

LSD was an incredibly useful therapeutic tool for me, particularly with regard to anxieties (social or otherwise). I wouldn't say that LSD "shatters" or "destroys" certain parts of you, as this was certainly not the case for me - rather it showed me how to be the master of my own mind, and with this knowledge I was able to do away with parts of myself that were negative.

In the end, LSD won't change your personality. YOU will. If LSD shows you the truth, you can still choose to ignore it and live your life in denial; or you can embrace the truth, and become a better person - the tendency is to choose the latter. ;)

I've experienced the same feeling of being more talkative and almost loquacious post shrooms. I think that experiences with any psych can possibly help you to be more outgoing, but you have to work to make sense of whatever you figure out about yourself.

For example, I feel like my experiences with LSD, mushrooms, etc. have helped me to socialize when sober because they've helped me realize that it's possible for me to be spontaneous and less awkward, even if I'm talking to lots of people, or to people I don't know that well. I've also realized that lots of conversations have basic outlines that they generally follow, and this has helped me to learn the social scripts that it seems like everyone else knows intuitively.

I'm a little bit stoned, so I hope that makes sense, heh.

LSD is a very social drug for me at medium doses (150-300ug). At high doses, it's very introspective and i'm usually unable to move around or speak very much because i'm tripping balls.

It's hard to say whether it will change you significantly. Some people do loads o' acid and don't seem to change much and other people do it once and change quite a bit after the experience. It depends how much of an impression tripping has on you. I know my 6th trip changed me in some way. It was the most beautiful thing i've experienced. Since then, my trips have been cool, but that one tops the list and i remember some part of it everyday.

Remember LSD isnt just that thing that gives you pretty pictures and will change you darastically just cause of its ultamite microgram potency and strength, but it is a tool which can be used for many thing such as personal exploration or the ability to change oneself. It can be social drug, but IMO the society useing it together is more like a pack monkeys because they are only capable of enough motor functions to communicate through grunts!

A lot of the changes from LSD and most other psychedelics are perceptual; you may feel more socially comfortable, you may feel that you are more creative and such, but these are just changes in how you perceive things. It could just be me, so I will only tell you what I have learned from my own personal experience with psychedelics, but I found that psychedelics have only ever showed me the truth and who I am. They never made me any better, but they did help me to see some more of my potential and to realize a few things that were already there but that I did not readily see.

I know that my personality has always been the same, before and after psychedelics.

The only thing I do not like about LSD is that, for me, it is almost impossible to effectively communicate to others during the experience. I find that LSD is better, for me, if I just let it happen and enjoy it and take what I can away from the experience. On other psychedelics, mainly phenethylamines in the 2c family, I was able to elucidate what I was experiencing and thinking to others. LSD, for me, is more of a "Get comfortable and enjoy the ride" type of thing. I only ever end up attempting to communicate useless gibberish to others while I am on LSD.

A lot of the changes from LSD and most other psychedelics are perceptual; you may feel more socially comfortable, you may feel that you are more creative and such, but these are just changes in how you perceive things. It could just be me, so I will only tell you what I have learned from my own personal experience with psychedelics, but I found that psychedelics have only ever showed me the truth and who I am. They never made me any better, but they did help me to see some more of my potential and to realize a few things that were already there but that I did not readily see.

I know that my personality has always been the same, before and after psychedelics.

The only thing I do not like about LSD is that, for me, it is almost impossible to effectively communicate to others during the experience. I find that LSD is better, for me, if I just let it happen and enjoy it and take what I can away from the experience. On other psychedelics, mainly phenethylamines in the 2c family, I was able to elucidate what I was experiencing and thinking to others. LSD, for me, is more of a "Get comfortable and enjoy the ride" type of thing. I only ever end up attempting to communicate useless gibberish to others while I am on LSD.

For me it depends on my mindstate. But the more i've tripped on LSD.. the more im able to communicate.

One such example that really surprised me was recently at a doof, i was extremely focused on 1 topic of discussion with another person so much so that i didn't even need to 'think' about what to say.. the words just rolled off my tongue in perfect pronunciation and sentence structure.. it was almost like my mind just 'reacted' without the need to 'compute' anything.

It was really incredible.. like an automatic reaction of the mind. I haven't been able to replicate it since, but i was in a mind state where i felt my immediate health was at risk.. because i felt like blood was been cutoff from my left arm.. so i guess in that situation.. my mind just reacted immediately to the point where i didn't even need to think what to say, i knew it.

Finally had my first average dose LSD trip! It was awesome! I really loved the clarity and euphoria. <3. Second fav drug now!

For me it depends on my mindstate. But the more i've tripped on LSD.. the more im able to communicate.

One such example that really surprised me was recently at a doof, i was extremely focused on 1 topic of discussion with another person so much so that i didn't even need to 'think' about what to say.. the words just rolled off my tongue in perfect pronunciation and sentence structure.. it was almost like my mind just 'reacted' without the need to 'compute' anything.

It was really incredible.. like an automatic reaction of the mind. I haven't been able to replicate it since, but i was in a mind state where i felt my immediate health was at risk.. because i felt like blood was been cutoff from my left arm.. so i guess in that situation.. my mind just reacted immediately to the point where i didn't even need to think what to say, i knew it.

I was about to ask you if you were a lot kid I knew called MalaKai, but then I read your post and realized your post is far more intelligent than anything he could ever comprehend. Nice screen name though....

^Prett diamonds: So whats your first favorite? LSD is tumbling down my list personally, but I assume that one day it will be good again :)

^Prett diamonds: So whats your first favorite? LSD is tumbling down my list personally, but I assume that one day it will be good again :)

Ecstasy!! <3. I just love the euphoria and clarity ecstasy gives me. Everything just feels so...perfect! :)

Why is LSD tumbling down your list? What's your favorite drug?