• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD subthread] - Therapeutic Benefits / Retrospective

B9 said:
Surely the inputs could be described as distractions from the deeper you ?

Maybe not as well tho.

I'm finding this quite interesting BTW :)

Certainly could be. But then again, I know my ADD and I also know that I'm terrible at relaxing. I've been 'plugged into' this world's vibrant and noisy technological Matrix for quite a few years now so it's very difficult at this point to assign one thing to another when it comes to my avoidance 'of me-time'. Then again, I'm not sure if my avoidance of introspective 'me-time' in the real world is directly related to me freaking out when faced with the void. The prospect of eternally inhabiting an infinite mental prison where the lack of boundaries and essence is the 'prison bars' might just be in a category of its own.

EDIT: on the flipside of what I've been saying about working up from low doses, when it comes to 5-meo, it seems that me taking sub-breakthrough doses and experiencing what I did was not uncommon.

Last edited:
Yeah possibly that is the case. i can't & don't claim to know anything more than anyone else about this - I can only go off my instincts. I'd be interested to hear other peoples ideas/thoughts & opinions as well.

It would only be a prison so long as your ego persisted - I "think"

LSD for peace of mind

At the moment my head feels fcuked up.

Canabis addiction in my teens messed me up bigtime been depressed since (roughly 5 years)

Im on prozac and im still depressed just im not as paranoid about everything.

I am honestly thinking about opiate addiction just to get rid of this crippling depression which has made me shy to talk to a girl and therefore i havent been laid in at least 3 years and never had a girlfriend.

My mind is messed up and I dont know who I am tbh. I feel isolated from my family even though im always sober and do excercise everyday.
I just feel as if my family think im still on drugs because of how weird I am.

Where ever I go people look at me because I look unusual clean cut boyish looks but with menacing eyes that were once filled with love.

I am thinking other than opiate addiction there is trying LSD to sort my head and troubles out and find out why im really depressed etc.
Do you think this is a wise option?
If so then would taking it abroad (somewhere hot like Lanzarote or Greece) be a good idea and would it be best to be on my own?

Because when I used to smoke weed on my own I felt ok but as soon as another human being was with me (friend, family, random person) I felt as if I wasnt myself and when I talked I felt kinda gay because I didnt have a girlfriend aND generally thought to much insane sh1t.

Suicide is looking closer because Ive seen a councillor countless times and it hasnt helped me tbh; im still fcuked.

Id be really grateful if someone gave me some good advise.

Considering suicide is a bit extreme. You found yourself wondering if you are up to the task life had in store for you and now is the time not to chickenshit your pants. Opiate addiction also wont solve any of your problems, only cause more. Do yourself a favour and save up some money and partake in an Iboga experience before you consider heroin. LSD could be of some benefit with a proper guidance. If you took it on your own it could just fuck your brain up even more or harm yourself because your depressed thoughts could magnify (thats what happened to me once). You say you exercise. Do you do it every day? Is it helping any?

This is the second time im getting out of depression. Both times it was drug(girlfriend) induced and this is the second time im winning. Exercise, eat properly and stop feeling sorry for yourself. Force yourself to go out and meet people (specialy women). Be open and honest. Some might hurt you, but some definately wont. Life is full of obstacles its how you handle them that matters.

Peace, Trig

I think a lot of it could be down to being young - depression in your late teens and early twenties seems harder to cope with. I found it dissipates with age - as you get older depression loses it's edge like your sex drive loses it's edge too.

Having a girlfriend isn't worth getting down about - when you've got one they're often more trouble than they're worth. Do some reading, get yourself in shape, learn an instrument, try acid if you feel like it. It's not going to give you the answer to life but if you enjoy it then it's 7 hours of euphoria and laughter. And if you're feeling down then euphoria can be very cathartic.

thanks guys great help

i have just read up on iboga and heard its ideal for what im after, do you suggest taking it with friends or on my own (with no one around)?
what do the effects feel like?

i excercise everyday and it helps but only briefly after a couple of hours i feel like crap again though.

Iboga is a heavy duty drug, read up on it carefully & take your time to consider.

For me the idea of taking LSD to "sort your head out" isn't a good plan.

Yeah take it for fun & who knows what might happen, but putting expectations on a drug to deliver you into the "sunlit uplands" of life will very probably result in dissappointment.
As a rule psychedelics allow you to view things from a different perspective & if you then take whatever "insight" you might have been fortunate enough to discern & work on that IRL then maybe you'll progress.

For example - person B takes LSD & realises opiates are destructing the life of himself & his family & that this is a BAD thing. He also realises that in order to change this BAD thing he must stop using. So the LSD clarified the postion - he made a choice & acted upon it - however 3 years after that insight he's still working very hard to try to get to the place he hopes to get to - person B made the correct choice but it is quite possibly the hardest thing he has done. Get me ?

Psychedelics can sometimes show you the path - BUT you must walk the path & that isn't an easy or quick fix option.

From what I've read ayahuasca also seems to be a head-sorter/good introspective experience.

Just remember that your depression comes from somewhere-probably you not knowing yourself/being in touch with yourself. The key is not psychedelics. The key is truthful introspection. Psychedelics are one catalyst for that. There is also fasting, meditation, vision questing, therapy (if you haven't already started), and much much more.

Remember to keep personal truth at your #1 priority, not alterior motives such as happiness or problem-freeness.

You can do more harm than good taking a psychedelic alone to try to 'fix your head'. Honestly, drugs aren't the answer here.

What about some kind of spiritual component to your life? Maybe there is a buddhist zen center near your house where you can go and learn sitting meditation?

just keep yourself busy. Thats all you can do. Keep your mind occupied. Move out of town. Do....... something.

All that I can say is, if you continue to think that self medication is going to help you, which it won't, you aren't going to get any closer to healthily coping with your issues; you will just continue to slip farther and farther away from your goal of recovery. Additionally, as I believe some people have already mentioned, attempting to take a psychedelic for self medication, especially when you are not in a good situation right now in your life, could potentially cause a great deal of harm.

Maybe you need to work with a therapist on a multitude of issues here, such as drug addiction, self medication, and your present thoughts of trying to self medicate again. Therapy, psychiatry, and counseling can only help if you are willing to be completely honest and do everything that they suggest in an attempt to get better. I read a lot of comments on here about how therapy does not work, that counseling and doctors are evil, and in most of those posts it doesn't seem that the person is willing to be honest or take professional advice seriously.

Therapy and medications never worked for me in my teens and early adulthood because I never worked hard at getting better and I expected that just showing up and taking the pills would work. It wasn't until I worked my ass off and took it very seriously since this past summer that my life has improved. I've been in your situation and it can get better if you go about it the right way.

Re-think what is important in your life.. I would not use drugs as a crutch, sounds tempting i know. Drugs can not achieve change, only the individuals own mindset is capable to do it. Plus replacing prior addictions to another such as opiates is only make your like a living hell later on..and later on isnt as far away as you think

The rollercoaster’s got to roll to the bottom
If you want to climb to the top again

If you've been contemplating suicide, even a little bit, stay far away from psychedelics. For your own sake. <3

I've changed for the better ever since I took some LSD.

Took it in a recreational sense, came out more social, and just.. better overall.

I think a lot of it could be down to being young - depression in your late teens and early twenties seems harder to cope with. I found it dissipates with age - as you get older depression loses it's edge like your sex drive loses it's edge too.

So incredibly true. I think most feel that way for large parts of their teens/early 20s - tis par for the course. The sad part being that it's also the time when you cannot believe that anyone else has ever felt that way :\

Will have to go slightly against the flow here and say that - like mmackie - LSD (either taken alone or with good friends) has gotten me out of deep (even suicidal) pits of depression more than once. Could so easily have gone the other way and ended with me ending though, so it's not something I could recommend in good faith.

I think the other ideas about just broadening your horizons and finding new interests and hobbies would be your best bet. Partly cos it distracts you from the depression and partly cos it's a great way of meeting new people which can make a massive difference.

Good luck, and I hope you find yourself in a happier place soonest <3

From my personal experience, LSD has done wonders for both dealing with deep depression, battling opiate dependency, and simply clearing my head or gaining perspective. Honestly I couldn't rave enough about the benefits of LSD for my life.

More than two years ago I voluntarily got myself addicted to Oxycontin to escape my problems and stave off depression and it was the worst mistake I've ever made. I don't feel like I'll ever be able to quit opiates for good and I can't stress enough the profound impact this has made on my life in almost every facet. Yes, you can use opiates to numb yourself to the world but eventually it will consume you and when you can't scrape together another dime for pills that depression is going to hit you 10-fold. Also, since you brought up using opiates to help you get laid, when you abuse them, you'll pretty much have absolutely no sex-drive. On the same hand I'd say Oxycontin is the absolute greatest thing man has ever made (hey pharmaceutical reps, if you ever need someone to sponser, I'll be the first to extol your product.) Also, I'm sure if I were given unlimited access to Oxycontin I would lead the most productive and happiest life achievable by man. As you can see this drug is a roller coaster and that's what your life will become.

I'm not giving you any suggestions, I'm just telling you how things have worked out for me.

Edit:

Also if you had a problem with CANNABIS addiction then god help what Opiates will do to you.

B9 is spot on here, and I couldn't make his point any better myself, however I will add that LSD does provide me with a great sense of euphoria regardless of its other components. "Medicine for the soul" as Albert Hofmann once said.

Last edited:
So how come fasting is a good thing to do?

Im going to try meditating and probably leave the drugs as I know it could potentially push me over the edge

Will have to go slightly against the flow here and say that - like mmackie - LSD (either taken alone or with good friends) has gotten me out of deep (even suicidal) pits of depression more than once.

Me too Shambles. I first expermented with psychedelics after the death of my father, I found buddhism, meditation and all the rest of them were a complete waste of time when it came to the crunch of a situation like that. The only thing powerful enough to save me was psychedelics.

I would say that psychedelics could be potentially beneficial in your case, but also possibly extremely dangerous. I wouldn't completely discount the idea if I were you, but it seems like you need to make some changes to your life without drugs before trying psychedelics to get the full benefit from them. Try looking into new hobbies/interests, spirituality/meditation, therapy, etc to get on the right track first, and THEN I think psychedelics could be very helpful. One thing I'd really recommend is looking into homeopathic medicine. It's a system of medicine that focuses on all aspects of the health of an individual - physical as well as emotional and spiritual. Going to a homeopath is kind of like going to a psychiatrist, they will ask you questions about your current life/problems and health history and then give you a remedy, and as you see how it affects you follow-up and make changes to the remedy/dosage as needed. If you are willing to put in work yourself, it can be very helpful, and is a safer natural (and IMO more effective) alternative to prescription drugs like prozac. Do a little reading on homeopathy and if it sounds like something that could work for you, try to find a homeopath in your area.

As far as choice of drugs to me it seems like MDMA may be more appropriate for your situation. While with psychedelics there is the potential of a horrible experience, your first time on MDMA is almost guaranteed to be a very positive one that will give you a new lease on life for at least a few days. There are still potential problems with this though, especially as you seem to have an addictive personality, and if you get into the habit of doing MDMA more than once a month at most, your depression will get MUCH worse. Again, if you do choose to use drugs to help with this problem, I would recommend making steps without drugs first. And if you choose to use MDMA, use it very sparingly and buy a testing kit first to make sure what you get is MDMA and nothing else.

ive tried mdma but the comedown is too much to handle

now im on ssris it wouldnt work now anyway