• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD Subthread] Effect Description / "What is LSD like?"

on the natural vs. synthetic debate:

i'm not really "down" with the idea of entities contained in natural chemicals, though the topic is intriguing. i think it's more likely that natural chemicals, say natural DMT, is arranged differently at a subatomic level, than synthesized DMT.
i've always thought that natural chems are pretty much the same as synthetic, but then i heard some scientist talking...how can we be sure that our catalytic reactions put quarks and whatnot in the exact place that a plant's enzyme does? maybe that's where the main difference lies.

and about meth - even if it is natural, the majority of it is synthesized. and even though you can synthesize THC, it's more commonly found naturally.

also, i've had some very natural, connected to the earth type trips on 2ce, a purely synthetic chemical (as far as we know)
i suspect that your (arthunter) feeling of synthetic trips was b/c you expected it on some level.

sorry that it's getting off topic, but i agree, that you guys have a good conversation going. forgive me for butting in :)

Great discussion here man, hope to hear back.[/COLOR]
You'll hear from me, I assure you ;)
Thing is, I'm studying rather intensely for my exams at the moment, but I'll get back to you in a day or two :)

Oh, and porkstoc; interesting ideas, definitely a good post.

Well I have some real LSD coming my way in a week or so, I've never tried the stuff before but I'm very anxious/excited to finally do some. I'm growing fond of 2c-e but it still isn't as wonderful as LSD sounds, although I may be over-hyping it in my head. But I'll do a trip report when I've had a chance to do it finally :)

Well I have some real LSD coming my way in a week or so, I've never tried the stuff before but I'm very anxious/excited to finally do some. I'm growing fond of 2c-e but it still isn't as wonderful as LSD sounds, although I may be over-hyping it in my head. But I'll do a trip report when I've had a chance to do it finally :)

I'm glad for you. I ditched the somewhat shady 'drug crowd' I used to hang with, so all I have is a clear gel tab from a really good batch I received years ago, trying to find the perfect occasion to do it as it may be quite hard to find again. I think you'll find LSD to be more magical than RCs. If it's relatively pure, it can be very magical, euphoric, and even warm, with something special that materializes your imagination.

LSD is by far my favorite drug....I have done a lot of drugs lol... so cheap, yet so fun.....and last awhile

Feels Kinda like Molly/Shroom combo.... Except i never puke on LSD or have a bad trip....
and i love the next day LSD Afterglow..... I wish they put that afterglow feeling on its own Tab.... id buy it : )

how can we be sure that our catalytic reactions put quarks and whatnot in the exact place that a plant's enzyme does? maybe that's where the main difference lies.

it doesn't matter because they move around in chaotic ways according to their probability density function all the time. besides that, quarks have absolutely no effect on the chemical properties (i.e. interaction with a receptor) of a molecule. in fact even using different isotopes and thusly making the molecule for instance heavier and adds a whole lot of quarks does not produce any discernible difference in the molecule's chemical properties (except for compounds like heavy water of course).

LSD is similar to mushrooms, yet much more, for me, 'down to earth'. I feel slightly more grounded in reality whilst taking Lucy in comparison to mushrooms. I think this has something to do with the fact that mushrooms leave you with a melting, stoning, dreamlike euphoria, whereas LSD is more speedy and clear headed.

I would also agree with the person who wrote that the introspective element of mushrooms is more 'out there'; I tend to consider the life-cycle of the world, the recycling of energy and nutrient and how everything works together - or not as the case may be. LSD (and phenethylamines) have always been much more introspective for me, although this may have something to do with set+setting as much as the chemical.

I've not taken 2c-e, however friends who have experimented with 2c-i say it's much closer to LSD than mushrooms.

Hope this helps

on the natural vs. synthetic debate:

i'm not really "down" with the idea of entities contained in natural chemicals, though the topic is intriguing. i think it's more likely that natural chemicals, say natural DMT, is arranged differently at a subatomic level, than synthesized DMT.
i've always thought that natural chems are pretty much the same as synthetic, but then i heard some scientist talking...how can we be sure that our catalytic reactions put quarks and whatnot in the exact place that a plant's enzyme does? maybe that's where the main difference lies.

This is an interesting idea. I always wondered whether a synthetic batch of DMT contained the same exact properties as extracted DMT. At some point I stopped entertaining this idea, either having too much faith in the skill of synthesizers, or assuming that sub-atomic differences wouldn't make any difference as it is electrons and/or chemical frame that are involved in most of the action. But, with my chem-ignorance, I don't hold this strongly. It would be nice to have someone really chem-savvy comment on this. I'd also like to see a study comparing the subjective effects of extracted DMT vs synthetic DMT.

and about meth - even if it is natural, the majority of it is synthesized. and even though you can synthesize THC, it's more commonly found naturally.

Yes, the majority of meth is synthesized. But, do you know of any studies on extracted meth (effects, health-damage)? Same subject/question as above.

also, i've had some very natural, connected to the earth type trips on 2ce, a purely synthetic chemical (as far as we know)
i suspect that your (arthunter) feeling of synthetic trips was b/c you expected it on some level.

I'm not really disputing this about synthetics.
Synthetic or natural, if it is a true psychedelic, then it can dissolve the boundaries of one's ego. This allows a connectedness between the user and the surroundings/earth. What I'm mainly interested in, is--as Rick Strassman put it--an unmistakable feeling of consciousness-to-consciousness communication that seemed not induced by the user's mind.

I'm not sure if I expected this or not, AFAI can remember, my opinion about this subject was formed in retrospect, after I had experimented for some time.

sorry that it's getting off topic, but i agree, that you guys have a good conversation going. forgive me for butting in :)

No apologies needed. These aren't PMs, so your input is more than welcome, and sounds like good additions.

I'm glad for you. I ditched the somewhat shady 'drug crowd' I used to hang with, so all I have is a clear gel tab from a really good batch I received years ago, trying to find the perfect occasion to do it as it may be quite hard to find again. I think you'll find LSD to be more magical than RCs. If it's relatively pure, it can be very magical, euphoric, and even warm, with something special that materializes your imagination.

Wow, I hope so :) I did clean molly by myself recently and I really loved it. As much as I love mephedrone, molly is definitely way more magical. I'm hoping LSD is magical for me too.

ime, the experience is indescribable at times. Generally, everything seems to glow with vibrancy, colors are enhanced, and things appear "flashy". Objects ripple and breathe and melt and fuse together (at higher doses). Music sounds amazingly profound and you might even "hear" color or "see" sound. Time becomes pointless, one second could seem like a day and one hour could seem like a second. Or time could stop all together. But that much time dilation only happens with very high doses. Tracers might also appear (trails behind moving objects like a hand or a thrown football, etc.). You feel incredibly blissful and happy about everything in your life. Your body feels tingly, warm, and secure; the body high is almost orgasmic.

all the times iv done lsd 5-7 its been relly chill kinda gooffy but not relly trippy - all but once i took two peises of paper one night (for free) and i was freekin out , cant hardly remeber anything but feeling like THIS IS IT . WUT DID WE DOOOOO???? it just must have set me off - shaddows were all around me blue tracers and i was relly hyper but i couldnt think , and i remember being very loud, and worried.

so lsd is still very forin to me if u do do it - dont fight it just chill and fry

ime, the experience is indescribable at times. Generally, everything seems to glow with vibrancy, colors are enhanced, and things appear "flashy". Objects ripple and breathe and melt and fuse together (at higher doses). Music sounds amazingly profound and you might even "hear" color or "see" sound. Time becomes pointless, one second could seem like a day and one hour could seem like a second. Or time could stop all together. But that much time dilation only happens with very high doses. Tracers might also appear (trails behind moving objects like a hand or a thrown football, etc.). You feel incredibly blissful and happy about everything in your life. Your body feels tingly, warm, and secure; the body high is almost orgasmic.

This describes how I feel right now. I love it.

cheers to you, wish i lived in L.A to get sum decent doses, over here were flooded with weak WoW

i am also a fan of 2ce, but i think there is a little something special about an LSD trip. the main reason i prefer it, is due to it's known safety profile unlike RCs. IMO, the 2ce and acid trips are pretty similar, but obviously not the same.

also it's probably common to take somewhat high doses of 2ce (20 mg or more) but not that high of an LSD dose (1 or 2 tabs). so the 2ce trip might feel stronger, but it's dose dependent.

it doesn't matter because they move around in chaotic ways according to their probability density function all the time. besides that, quarks have absolutely no effect on the chemical properties (i.e. interaction with a receptor) of a molecule. in fact even using different isotopes and thusly making the molecule for instance heavier and adds a whole lot of quarks does not produce any discernible difference in the molecule's chemical properties (except for compounds like heavy water of course).

i agree with that. but i still think it's possible that the way a lab protocol with chemical catalysis produces drug could have something different about it, that makes the drug less stable, maybe can produce more free radicals, etc. it's maybe not likely, but we don't know everything.

No apologies needed. These aren't PMs, so your input is more than welcome, and sounds like good additions.

i don't know of any studies on extracted meth.

nor do i know much about rick strassman's writings. nor have i smoked DMT or done any other psychedelic likely to cause entity contact. but i HAVE felt a feeling of consciousness to consciousness communication on LSD and 2ce. maybe i'm just thinking of tripping in general...but on LSD i have felt very strongly that there was something or someone behind me that was commanding me telepathically to not turn around and look at it. it was like a test. i pretty much knew there was nothing there - or at least it wouldn't look like anything if i turned around, so i didn't for a minute or two. when i did, of course there was nothing there.
i also often feel like the birds are trying to tell me something on acid or 2ce.
and on 2ce i've felt just super connected to the "universal consciousness." i pictured myself as a starving child in africa, a beaten wife, a cold homeless man... i felt the utmost compassion for my fellow human and all fellow life.

but this may not be the type of thing you/rick strassman are talking about. i shall try DMT soon :)

I did dxm+2ce last night and that was freaking amazing. I laid down and closed my eyes and was in an immersive 3d world where I was like in some huge five-mile dome where I had access to all the parts of my brain and could pick and choose memories at random and re-experience them. I could also basically "defrag" my brain's "hard drive" so to speak because I have some "bad sectors" in there of certain memories crosswired from when I was a toddler causing a nuisance of random nonsense words to repeat constantly...I've had that issue a number of times on various drugs when that part of my memory wakes up, and I think this trip I really was able to repair/fix that cross-wired part of my brain. I could imagine that a trip like this could possibly allow someone with Alzheimer's to regain control of their memories, but that is just speculation, could have been all in my head so to speak.

It was a definite ++++, only negative was that I waited too long to do the 2c-e and no time dilation occurred so it felt way too short. The 2c-e by itself after the dxm wore off was still fantastic but it was not nearly as amazing as the synergy between the two.

I should actually have some real LSD sometime this week and I really can't wait to try it, if it is anything amazing like 2c-e I'm going to be really excited.

2c-e is awesome but it took me a lot of trial and error to figure out how to unlock its potential. I plan to combo it with K or n2o in the future. LSD I want to try first by itself and then also try combo with molly and/or n2o. I just have been kind of trying not to do n2o anymore because I've had some issues with it, but I think if I'm on some strong psychedelics then it won't be a problem like it can be otherwise.

lsd is such an experience everything is beautiful and you wish you could paint the world how you see it, and you get a general understanding of life well i do atleast and how beautiful the world can be. but you definatly dont crazy things like aligators out of nowhere haha.. and i think acid and shrooms are very different too.. i dont like shrooms but i love acid :)

I haven't done shrooms since probably 2003 or 2004, but they seem pretty fun if you don't overdo them. I did them when I went camping and I felt very connected to nature, and when I walked along a dry riverbed the rocks were all different shades of color, and I saw a little lizard and it looked really pretty and natural, and I appreciated nature and whatnot. But then another time I did too much and was sick and it was not fun at all. So it was rather hit-and-miss.

My first 2c-e trip made me really sick so I had to trial and error it to figure out what worked best for me, my first trip was kind of a bad trip but every subsequent trip has improved because I've become more in alignment with it.

So I doubt I'll do shrooms again if I can get hold of some 4-aco-dmt, because I'm kinda a control freak and would rather be able to accurately dose my trips. Then i can tweak things so the results are more consistent than the hit-and-miss nature of shrooms.

I know how many ug's are in the tabs I'm getting, one of the blotter prints is 120ug/hit and the other one is 100ug/hit so I can pretty much gauge it from there. I'm only getting two of each print so I'm hoping I don't have to stack them to get the desired effects as I want to get more than one or two trips out of it. Also getting some more of the pure clean mdma that I really liked before, so I'm hoping I can "candyflip" on at least one of the trips.