• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD Subthread] Effect Description / "What is LSD like?"

Depends of course on how much you take.... 1 hit, 2 hits is likely to take 8 hours total IMO. as you begin to take more the trips become more intense in the peak roughly, I would say 2 to 3 hours of 'peaking' on moderate doses being 2 to 3 hits, longer or shorted again being dependent on how much is taken.

Dom, to answer the question at hand.... LSD is a chemical that alters one mental state. Essentially it allows for some very abstract thinking by causing the wakeing mind to slip into a dream like state. I would say one has to take a bit more care when it comes to set and setting with LSD compared to MDMA.

MDMA = Euphoric rushes of energy, feeling of empathy and connectivity with others, and if it is good MDMA it is damn near impossible to have a bad experience. It is more of a body high then a mind high. You may feel driven to move driven to vibe with music.

LSD = a changed perspective, an ability to process aspects of the world around you that you may not have become aware of just yet, everything that is subliminal becomes realized, as one builds to a mental high. Much like the dream state this mental high can lead to a kind of confusion, and on higher doses your ego.... meaning the projection mentally you have of yourself will disolve away. To the point where you may find yourself doing something with great confidence that without the experience you may be embarrassed to even attempt. It is a far more mental high, but it can be quite stimulating physically as well.

Bottom line..... sex is alot of fun on both of them ... whoops whoa where did that come from, well.... thats just me then.. LOL

no really, MDMA can leave you with a greater understanding of relationships of loved ones, LSD will leave you with a different way to look at every living thing on this planet.

Ah thats more of an answer I was looking for, thanks a lot. I am very curious to experience its effects but im still unsure wether it could go horribly wrong.

Sex on MDMA?! I found it to hard to concentrate, I felt i'd rather listen to the music instead haha :)

No problem Doom, happy to help witha proper answer.

When coming up on MDMA, that kind of odd awkwardness that might be there right before you find your first roll, will be amplified greatly as you come up on LSD. But I will say this experiencing something like MDMA will give you a kind of advantage to others who may have only smoked weed and then jumped into LSD or Mushrooms first. Your body and mind have already been altered, and the fact that MDMA has a clear peak .... breaks some ground for what the LSD peak will be like.. I would not recomend a Rave for your first LSD trip, I would recomend a comfortable setting, where acess to thing is not limited and authority figures are not overbearing or authoratative. Perfect place... is a camping trip or an empty house.. IMO

Music appreciation will be there on LSD. But that odd kind way you hear the music differently will be amplified. MDMA always gave me proper energy, moving to music FELT awsome, so much so that the more I danced the better I felt. you won't quite get that on LSD, but you will find a new depth to the music that just wasn't quite there on MDMA. Listening to oldschool stuff like the Doors on MDMA is cool, listening to the Doors on LSD suddenly...... you are transported back to that era, and feel an odd kind of connection and understanding to what Morrison was experiencing.

Sex on MDMA is great but it cannot be with some random girl, or even a girl you have only been with for a month. Comfort is a big factor IMO on MDMA if you are going to go there, realize that sex will be great, but it is all about patients and foreplay. Same goes for LSD, IMO.

listen to Dark Side of The Moon on acid man

I know that is so cliche but just do it

"Every particle a neon bulb." Quote from Electric Kool Aid Acid Test. Letters and words are but squiggles that will never convey what we experience with our senses. The LSD experience takes that to the next level....there are *no* words to convey the journey, because it's not of this world.

We got through like 4 songs on DSotM and started walking to get slurpees

it doesnt matter what you plan out beforehand it usually changes anyway really

Don't patronize me with your little 'suggestion' I know what a bad trip is. Those effects happen even when I'm having an amazing trip. I don't think you have any right to question my ego, and experience with altering my perception of it. I've had at least 15 +4 experiences, I feel a bit insulted to be honest with you.

I wasn't lumping you into the category of people who are naive to psychedelics, and I wasn't questioning your ego. I was just making it more clear about what i meant when i said 'clear light' earlier. It initially seemed to me that you disliked lsd in general, but I know now that isn't the case.

When I said "it's generally called a bad trip" I said that under the thought that maybe you never considered a trip to be bad, which in my mind is a reasonable assumption, since I personally have never viewed a trip as being 'bad.' (Although they can have periods of intense negativity.) And I figured that, given your name, you would be one of the people who see the good in every type of reaction, be it negative or positive.

I do sincerely apologize for my tone, and hope that you can forgive me.

Yeah I could imagen its a completely different experience, I was in the same house as someone who was candy flipping and it looked amazing and the guy seemed to have been talking into so much depth about things but because I was on MDMA aswell I was slightly on his wavelength but it would have been great if i candy flipped also!

Yeah I could imagen its a completely different experience

Yeah, you could but i don't think you are. :)

It's incomparable, for better or for worse. Different type of things. But MDMA you can relate to even when you've never taken a substance: The empathy and warmth, all that can be experienced without substances. Familiar things. People like MDMA because it enhances a feeling they've already experienced beforehand.

With LSD you really shouldn't expect anything. It's like answering "yes" to a guy asking you to join a 6 week trip(as in traveling,) without telling you the destination or how you're going to get there. Now you've got yourself LSD. =D

Simply put, no one can truly explain it to you. You HAVE to take it to know. And i'm not actually saying you should. LSD is a surprise and not all surprises are good.

Merged this thread and subthreadified it. Created OP and linked from new question in Beginner's FAQ.