• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD Subthread] Effect Description / "What is LSD like?"

Imagine looking through a telescope into the vast distances of your own psyche. :)

LSD is less "cloudy" feeling than mushrooms but don't expect to be able to unlock a door with ease on a decent dose of LSD.

LSD makes doing any task just as confusing, especially if you take enough dose to get strong visuals. Then it only adds to the distraction lol.

I remember one time I was trying to pack a bowl on 3 hits hits of recently dropped LSD. I kept getting side tracked by my thoughts and visuals. Everytime I remember "oh yea the bowl" I would sit there at look at the bowl for what seemed an hour and it didn't even click "oh yea let me hit this". Hitting a bowl seems really weird on LSD too, it's like you're trying to get fucked up when you're already out of your mind.

At one point it seemed like I got side tracked like 3-4 hours before I FINALLY finished packing and smoking the bowl. It was such a hard task, on LSD and mushrooms the best thing to do is nothing at all.

Make sure you trip somewhere with no people so you don't have any chance of having to go somewhere else.

I have done E,weed,mushrooms,coke and some other stuff but never done LSD, i could never get it. I always thought it was like if you were walking down the street you would see elephants and monkeys walking around is it like this? Can someone explain what the experience is like? My friend told me he was at a restaurant and saw a alligator on the table and freaked out is it really this crazy lol? And why is this drug so hard to get well for me it is anyways

acid is almost identical to shrooms when the alternative is "seeing elephants and monkeys on the street". you won't see shit that isn't there with acid (as long as you are still able to discern if your eyes are open or closed ;). and then you'll be too occupied with what's goin on in your mind to notice visual effects)

there's no basic type of effect that mushrooms or acid can give you the the other can't.
still the feeling, thoughts, visuals are different and with mushrooms it's more like "the mushrooms are doing something to you", while acid feels more like it just activates a switch in your mind and leaves you alone with your trip and puts you in control of the experience (if you know how to navigate your own mind that it ;)).
acid also tends to be more stable and steady while on mushrooms feelings/mindsets tend to change quite rapidly.

Can someone explain what the experience is like? My friend told me he was at a restaurant and saw a alligator on the table and freaked out is it really this crazy lol?

rather than seeing things that arent real, it makes me very aware of what in fact is real.
Sometimes overwhelmingly so...

and if that didnt make sense. itll be more inline with your mushroom trip than some insane cartoon world with pink elephants and smurfs.

The heart & mind they meet & the circle is complete - my take on LSD, in one form anyway

If you're planning to take LSD, read up on the basics but not in-depth. It's never what you expect it to be, but at times it is. You just gotta try it and remind yourself after the first time that you still aren't experienced with what LSD can do completely and you most likely never will be.

Hey broagan you live in edmonton? I live right by there

LSDMDMA&8432517 said:
shrooms:
shrooms are much stonier, much more body high. shrooms are more...neutral...it feels more...earthy......less funny, less overall euphoria..seems more visuals, maybe..
LSD:
shits and giggles, colors, kalidascope, stimulating, not stoning, just hilarity, feeling so great about amazing..
i mean they feel completely different. i cant completely explain.

Are you kidding i've shit my pants from lolin so hard on mushies me and my friends non-stop laughed for three hours lol everything and I mean Everything was funny haha.. I haven't done LSD but I plan on ingesting June 13h :D

Are you kidding i've shit my pants from lolin so hard on mushies me and my friends non-stop laughed for three hours lol everything and I mean Everything was funny haha.. I haven't done LSD but I plan on ingesting June 13h :D
You're probably gonna get a lot of giggles during at least the come up. I've laughed my ass off at shit that wasn't even remotely funny, like the elevator door opening.

how does LSD compare to 2c-e?

i find them to be somewhat similar, but not the same. pretty much the standard answer for comparing different psychedelics. i've never done a super high dose of acid, so to me 2ce and LSD offer similar visuals.
LSD is not as harsh on the body. i get more CEVs on 2ce. LSD seems more profound and i trust it more

shrooms arent too giggly for me because just about the whole trip my brain is saying "what the fuck" while acid..just seems lighter feeling, hence mah gigglez. lots of people get real giggly from shrooms but not me. Only acid does that.

Acid and mushrooms are distinct, but they're more similar to each other than either of them is to anything else you're likely to have tried (i.e., anything else except yet another related 5HT2a agonist psychedelic). Seeing pink elephants walking down the street and shit like that is no more likely on LSD than on mushrooms. Usually, the visuals are a sort of secondary part of the experience; the 'mindfuck' is the main course, as it were, and if you've ever tripped on either drug you know how hard it is to put it into words.

Compared to mushrooms, LSD lasts longer, the body high (for me at least) is more of a stimulant/speedy feel rather than the stony trance state that mushrooms seem to bring out of me. My mind races at a million miles a minute, whereas with shrooms it feels more like a dreamy haze. The visuals tend to be more or less similar (breathing walls, color shifts, abstract patterns emerging out of ordinary objects, etc.), but with mushrooms I am more likely to see an actual entity or being (like the shape of a person or animal) whereas LSD visuals tend to focus more for me on abstract patterns and small symbols.

Higher doses of LSD get way crazier than mushrooms ever have for me. Seconds can stretch into minutes, the euphoria can be even better than MDMA at times and visuals will swirl around in pretty much every empty space- I'll look up at the sky and what would normally be just a handful of faintly visible stars through city pollution becomes a tapestry of moving, abstract, colorful shapes and symbols. Overall, I greatly prefer LSD to mushrooms, largely because it's much easier to push into higher doses with LSD.

As for why it's so rare... Basically, it's really hard to make so there are relatively few chemists producing the whole world's supply, law enforcement hunts them down as aggressively as they can and in most countries getting caught manufacturing acid is pretty much guaranteed to earn you several decades of prison time... It's always around, but it's not in ample supply in most areas, and most people who sell it are wary to open up to new customers since it's so illegal and so heavily targeted by undercovers.

the best book to ever help me understand what LSD would be like and to help me avoid bad experiences was the politics of ecstacy by Timothy Leary.

taught me all about set and setting and that if anyone ever starts to freak out meditation techniques (or simply just staring at a candle/lighter) would bring someone out of a bad trip.

worked several times, however the book focuses on the mystical a lot and in this day it isn't as relevant anymore i don't think.

but if there's anyone who's going to be able to describe the experience to you better than anyone else it is the late Dr Timothy Leary.

^ I found meditation audios from ThinkRightNow to be incredibly helpful in fixing a bad/scary trip. I took a far too large dose of 2c-e (20mg) for my first try and the empowering statements helped keep me thinking positive instead of having a panic attack. It may have saved the trip for me on some level because I was feeling really sick and not having much fun, but after a couple hours I felt less sick and started enjoying myself.

i agree with solistus for the most part. shrooms give me real crazy visuals though if i look, moarso than acid, at least the few times ive tripped on either.
roger below stated what i mean abotu shrooms. the only time ive dnoe shrooms was 2g of weak shrooms and an eighth of decently strong ones. i wouldnt eat less than an eighth if at all possible.

Last edited:
Peaking on a large dose of shrooms reminds me of that freaky "WTF" feeling that happens right after the carrier wave sweeps you away whilst ripping DMT.

With DMT though, the feeling mellows into something glorious. But with shrooms, the feeling tends to fold into itself exponentially-- churning all of your cognitive constructs into a bubbling, viscous goo.

Just my own subjective experience. :)

...churning all of your cognitive constructs into a bubbling, viscous goo.

That reminds me of an odd discovery I made once. Acid comedowns are always difficult for me ("what goes up, must come down", I suppose would be the appropriate adage here). But I learned that I could, to a certain degree, circumvent the suffering that came from the inevitable re-construction of my ego, by first picturing a sort of meat-grinder, or buzz-saw, or other physically destructive mechanism. Then I'd imagine all of the negative energy within me being pushed into the meat-grinder or buzz-saw, and being mangled to bits. Strangely, the destruction of the mental illustration of my pain corresponded with its actual alleviation. :D

To answer the thread title, I'd say that, among many things, LSD is like slipping through the gates of Heaven. It's like stumbling into the garden of Eden. Like the sun rising over the horizon. Like taking the blindfold off. <3

As for why it's so rare... Basically, it's really hard to make so there are relatively few chemists producing the whole world's supply, law enforcement hunts them down as aggressively as they can and in most countries getting caught manufacturing acid is pretty much guaranteed to earn you several decades of prison time... It's always around, but it's not in ample supply in most areas, and most people who sell it are wary to open up to new customers since it's so illegal and so heavily targeted by undercovers.

Sorry to be a post nazi here...
It really is not that hard to make. As long as you have the right precursors and equipment (here is the hard part) You can make it happen. Yes people that do these types of things are wary of undercovers and new business. However there is one thing we all forgot to mention. LSD Has a way of finding you when you are ready to see it, a big part of the reason that it is still trafficked and made in a pure form is because there are people out there who believe it can and will make you a better person. Which is why people (at least the ones I know) try and use the utmost discretion when deciding who should be dosing off their vials. It is not a drug that is for just getting fuckkkkeedd uppp ddooodddzz! It is a drug for inspection, introspection, and healing. Unfortunately Timothy (the asshole) Leary kind of ruined it for a lot of people, for some reason a lot of miseducated youth hold him in high regard.

It is something that is so completely eye opening that it cannot be trusted in the hands of just anyone.

If you ever do get blessed and the love floats your way. Remember that nothing you have been told will prepare you for the doors that it will open.