LSD overdose is no myth

i read on erowid that after taking LSD begins process that contiune long after (during the dose that is) there is no LSD left in the brain...

it makes you wonder at the magic & power of this substance and how it pays to be properly prepared for the odd freak out (benzo's & so on hand)

Last edited:
Synchrojet: I'd like to hear more about this 40 hour trip and the other 3. I know what you mean when you said you got all of the good you can get but there is an unlimited amount of bad. I'm not so sure that I agree with your assertion that someone somehow wants a bad trip when they get one. I do think it is really easy to set yourself up for a bad one but extraordinarily difficult to set up a good one. I would also like to know how you knew your dosages and I'm actually surprised you weren't tripping longer from 1500 mics. As I mentioned before the culprit blotters involved in my friend's trip had the supplier tripping for 24 hours off two blotters which I'm inclined to believe after seeing my friend's condition.

Mildkandy: I don't need to hear, "Drug paranoia" again, I'm well aware that drugs can make you paranoid and I'd prefer to read posts that add to the discussion and show some relevance to its progression.

Being easy isn't easy hahahahahahahahahaha! All you have to do is lighten up and everything will be fine, trust me.

Angelus: It could have been the ink on the paper that created the flavor. Completeski: Bromo-dragonfly is so rare that that is highly unlikely.

Tokey --

The longest trip I had was about 40 hours, and was a result of 15 hits of strong blotter taken all at once. We were told that the average dose per tab was 100 mics. We tested the tabs by taking one, and they were fairly strong, so we assumed that the claim of 100 mics (average I'm guessing) was more or less accurate. Of course I understand that people do not have a way of solidly determining this, but rather, only what is told is repeated. What I am asserting here is that they were stronger than average, and average is what -- 50, 60 mics? Anyway.

I had been on several high dose shroom trips (over ten grams cubensas) and thought I was pretty adept at allowance. (Allowing yourself to experience the trip is the key, after all, and I did feel pretty confident that even if things got hard I could handle it.)

Long story short -- way too much acid. Came on strong, got ugly, stayed ugly, got uglier, and finally ended. Lickily we had the help of some friends or we would definitely have wound up in some serious trouble, either legally or socially, or both.

I won't go into the trip report, but suffice it to say that the real demon was the issue of 'never coming down'. I believed it. It was rough in every sense of the word and I was an emotional wreck for weeks afterwards.

I had my most difficult trip on about 700 mics. Same thing -- I thought I was never coming down and I was up there good. No words can describe that kind of terror. One of the worst aspects was a time loop in which I got caught. Those who have experienced that know what I am talking about -- if you don't, I can't explain it here -- too long.

So I still do psychedelics. Shrooms mainly. I can handle the shorter trips even if they are intense. Shrooms can get intense (try five grams of a strong thai and see for yourself), but they never last more than the day. At least not yet...lol.

As far as showing yourself a bad trip...I think we want to see how we would function in the face of panick, so we test ourselves to find out. That's the simple version, but you get the idea. Stay safe and keep an open mind.

^words to the wise. have had ~300 LSD trips way back when, years ago.

a couple of bad trips, one a high dose similar to synchrojet's put me off for good. probably will never touch it again.

have seen many many chronic acid casualties, symptoms ranging from transpersonal / boundary issues to flattened affect to fullblown psychosis.

in acute cases, i believe that it is not the physiological dose of the drug (fairly miniscule) which really serves as a catalyst, but the neuronal cascades and massive neurotransmitter dumps resultant from THE FEAR, especially when the bad loop is prolonged, which may indeed cause some synaptic rewiring. this may or may not be defined as neurological damage.

BTW, from my 20 years of experience, piracetam disinhibits cortical processes to a great extent and significantly hypersensitises the CNS, this results in potentiation of most psychoactive substances, especially amphetamine psychedelics. if it was indeed DOB, which seems likely, it is clear as to why tokey's friend was in a world of pain.

Last edited:
I saw this thread, and havent posted in a while. If someone already posted this url, then im sorry, but if not.. check this out.. looks like bromo-drangonfly is becoming more popular, enough so that the shroomery would release a report about it :

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4382982/an/archives/page/0

While possibly unlikely that this is what your friend got, i wouldnt doubt that this COULD possibly be what he had taken. People sell things all the time that they dont know what they are, dealers are mislead, just as well as users. We are only human.

We come back to the basic drug fact, know your source, read your info, be prepared.

A controlled environment is everything.

My friend dosed another 1/2 blotter of this 'acid' a little over a week ago. The first two hours were minimal tripping until he smoked a few bonghits and got 'the fear.' The fear took hold and controlled his trip for 12 hours. He said this trip was mildly hallucinogenic however he was on the edge of panic for a very long time. He bought kava this time to take when he got scared. The kava produced enough euphoria to alter the trip but not enough to stop the fear for long. Although pretty strong this trip was nowhere near the intensity of the last trip he took because he didn't take piracetam, caffeine or a full blotter. He said the drug made his heart feel weaker, more fluttery and all around dangerous. I 'm beginning to hate posting in this thread because I looked up br-dfly the other day after completeski suggested it. I found other reports, like my own of a frightening new type of acid with toxic effects on temperature, anxiety and with a long comeup and much longer comedown with a dosage near that of acid. I don't think he had acid any more. I don't know what he took but I don't think so many people would jump to the defense of what he called, "an essentially useless, draining, annoying, dangerous trifle of a psychedelic." No soul to this drug but fear and brain damage. Sorry acid heads, new kids on the block and it looks like he is becoming popular. Check out lycaeum and theshroomery. Br-dfly seems to be on the come up. Again I don't know if this is what he took but after researching the site I told him to, he seems to believe it is.

well if i were you, just tell people hes selling bunk and dangerous shit. some dealers dont give a fuck about what thier selling, in fact, most are in it for the $ or else they wouldnt be doing it. Be careful man, i have taken alot of crazy shit, and im just glad through all the shit ive done, im safe now, but not everyone will be. Especially now that more potent and crazy shit is being synthed.

^^get a grip. your friend didnt take br-dfly, it is not even orally active at the doses you mention.

most likely, shitty LSD, less likely 5-MEO-AMT, even less likely - DOB.

br-dfly = completely improbable.

A 2 hour come up followed by 12 hours tripping with minimal hallucinations sound a perfect description of 5 meo AMT blotters!!!
Zophen

Mods please close this thread. This discussion is not going any further and there is no point in further speculating as to what chemical was on the blotter. Furthermore I'm sick of reading bullshit like "you can't od on lsd it is a scientifically proven fact that blahblahblah..." Shut the fuck up I've read the same facts as you and you aren't adding anything to the discussion. KILL THIS THREAD NOW!

i reached my limit with drugs now, the past 3 weeks i have tripped every wekk and quite frankly my mind is now completely out of place i have lost all my friends amongst my confusion which i feel was the impact of certain twisted individuals minds that i unfortunately had to listen to when tripping one weekend and the following weekend i didn't know what was going on at all, all i know is that i was going on fine with my drugs usage until i met some unwelcome people,

Ignore my above post. Someone else got the same blotter prints and also thinks that it was not lsd.

http://www.bluelight.ru/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=29733&password=&sort=1&cat=all&page=1

Bad trip indeed. I doubt there would be any question that this was lsd if it were but its not. Sorry for trashing acid guys. This stuff is brutal and nobody knows for sure what the hell kind of drug it is. Speculations include DOxx, 5meoAMT and brDfly. Beware the Max Headroom blotters.

The one close to confirmed case of LSD overdose that I have heard of, and this is still only net hearsay so take it with at least 500ug of salt. A man intravenously injected roughly 350mgs of LSD which was originally in powder form. This is a fucking HUGE overdose, far and away beyond what could possibly be contained in a fucking SHEET of blotters.

Unfortunately as with other drugs, people assume that there is a 'standard' trip, totally failing to take into account that especially with potent hallucinogens such as LSD that what you get out consists of the sum of what you put in, that is, the strength of the drug, but also (and this is what people forget) your mindset, attitudes, baggage and where and when you take it. This can mean that take two of the same blotters on two different days, maybe one day you have a revelationary and enlightening experience in which the universe opens up to you, revealing its secrets in moments of such piercing beauty you want to cry with joy. And on another day, it feels like the pits of eternal doom have snatched you from your mothers womb and pulled your darkest secrets and shames out of your own disemboweled body and forced you to endure fear and pain beyond your darkest nightmares.

Same drug, different thoughts. Look what happens.

I very much doubt that this was a different drug other than acid, as often that's the easiest excuse people can think of to attribute to why this particular experience was so different to what they are used to.

I've had terrible trips and I've had great trips, but you always have to remember and keep in mind that the drug WILL work its way out of your system, and to quote a piece of graffiti I saw the other day "These bad days will end". Just got to float and wait, though of course sometimes it feels like its never going to end, and when you've had a particularly confronting trip it DOES feel like your brain is burned. But just like when you bash your toe on a rock, the bruises fade and eventually you feel more or less the same. Of course, not exactly the same, which is, why we take acid, or why I do...

I'm sure I've repeated what the people before me have said, and its all old news, but hey, I thought maybe I could put in a little different light.

-plaz-