LSD overdose is no myth

dude, sorry, but your friend doesn't know what the fuck fried him/her--prolly deep-seated previous unresolved psych issues that he/she was forced to confront. Bottom line, medical reports prove that LSD ODs are "essentially" a myth. Give your friend a few days and they will see they have come down to baseline and will laugh at the hysteria they are creating (aside from having to go to the hospital, etc)....

swybs

i dunno
but going on a permanent trip sounds like an overdose to me.

tokey said:
He has been taking piracetam almost daily for months and did take it earlier in the day along with a choline bitartrate tablet. It has been speculated that the method of action of piracetam has something to do with maoi activity but no study I have seen seems to truly know.

I've never taken Pircaetam myself but from every account I've heard it potentiates weed and alcohol, so it may have played some role in this...

What did they do for you at the hospital stonedbaby?

They gave me a tranquilizer, heart x-ray and monitored my heart beat.
Then when i came around they told me what a huge moroon i was to mix drugs like that. I could just agree 8)

Man why does one person who has a bad time, have to try to preach their fear and anxiety on others? Why can't you post here and say, hey this SWIM had a bad time, a pretty big bummer and he needs advice, or do you think it was possible he could have overdosed?

It has to be... oh my god this kid overdosed... oh the horrors of LSD oh man all you need is love! love! destroy all the LSD in the world!

I'm exaggerating of course, but my sentiment is one of big negative emotion towards other people trying to coerce me into believing that I should not be allowed the decision of taking a risk (in this case the victimless crime of taking a psychedlic drug) because someone else couldn't handle what the consequences of thier action was.

drug paranoia.

The real lesson is, the bad trips are the best learning experiences.

He's back to 'normal' now but he says he just wasn't prepared for what the drug showed him. When everyone around him was telling him he fried his brain and went insane he wanted to believe it because he didn't want to believe he was living in the hell he knew the world was. Take lsd and take it with reckless abandon. Maybe then people will wake up and change the world or maybe it is already too late. He thought it was his destiny to know everything and be the new Jesus Christ. But he thought this before even taking the drug. Everyone who has posted has been right in some respect and paranoia did play a very large role in the original post after listening to what he told me. He doesn't want to abandon hope but he doesn't want to live in a delusional world neither. I guess he just felt that the humanity in him was slipping away and he was struggling to hold on to something, anything. He forgot that we carry a new world in our hearts but didn't know if that was a delusion or plugged into his mind as well. LSD has the ability to make you think your living in a world that is not real. The fact that that feeling has not left him is proof that LSD does make permanent changes and I guess that is the only point I really needed to make. Flame on.:|

tokey said:
He thought it was his destiny to know everything and be the new Jesus Christ. But he thought this before even taking the drug.

8o 8(

And you are wasting our time by saying it was the acid that messed him up.

^OMG it only takes one person to bring out any or some awareness that we all take for granted.

I myself am grateful for the information.

I read that it was actually estimated to be between 50-250 hits at the maximum strength which is roughly 300ug.

Regardless, it's far beyond any amount likely to be consumed, especially from any single blotter.

The brain's ability to "utilize" LSD (for want of a better term) tops out at about 800 ug. I've been past this threshold and while it was a CRAZY trip, I've experienced nothing like the physical effects you've mentioned.

If LSD were that dangerous, the sheer volume of LSD consumed in the past would have the hospitals and asylums filled to the brim with 60's castoffs.

I also read the story about the guys who thought they were snorting coke and ended up in comas and vomiting and such which I'd guess would be the true definition of an overdose. I also read a story about a guy who had taken 50 or so hits and spent the next several years on a never ending trip that intensified every time he would smoke pot and such. It eventually tapered off but he was never right again. What about Ozzie Osbourne? What caused his neurological problems? I'd read somewhere (probably myth) that he'd taken acid everyday for a year to see what would happen and he ended up a fried zombie. I don't know which is myth and which is true and the sad thing is no one seems to. The guy who had the bad trip is feeling much better today and seems to think that it was potentiated by the piracetam he'd been taking.

Hate to say it, but this is all a complete load of horseshit.

Every drug potentially has an over dose limit - this does not necessarily mean death. As everybodies mileage varies (particularly with LSD because it is so mind filled and I think obviously - the mind can actually overpower the body) does not necesarily mean that taking yourself off to seek medical help is the wrong thing to do.

I think all this scientific crap that is being preached here is missing the point completely, I really do.

Go on, slag me off.

tokey you idiot
get your facts right.
LSD overdose!? hmm more like bad trip and someone that has other issues.

Thank you tenderjuice at least someone is trying to understand what I'm trying to say. I should probably quit responding and let this thread die but for whatever reason I can't. I'm so sick of these cocky drug users thinking they've seen and done it all and no one can tell them shit. Every one has their own truth that they believe in, that keeps them going and holds their world together. I think the folks who think they know will eventually be shown that they don't know everything which is what my friend was shown. Pick apart the choice of words and the religious reference and you're missing the picture I'm painting. I'm not going to explain it because real people will get it and druggie-no one can tell me shit-geeks won't until it happens to them. Drugs can change you and this is indisputable. I'm no one's enemy and I'm not against psychedelic experiences. Some of you may think you need them as did my friend. He had several experiences with psychedelics and powerful drugs (20+shroom trips, 20+ecstasy experiences, 2 dextromethorphan trips, 2 LSA trips, 3 previous LSD trips) but these aren't merit badges to be worn or stars on a chart. Nobody knows how their experience will go and no one knows how it will affect their mind. Bad trip? Who's trips go entirely perfect for the entire time? Very few I'd guess. You can take all of those previous experiences with you but when you look eternity in the face and you present a handful of hallucinations and a few insightful thoughts then what does it matter when everything you've ever known and believed is destroyed suddenly and unexpectedly? Nothing to anyone else but everything to you.

Nobody is disputing the reality of bad trips. Of course they happen.

Having said that...

The biased point of views most LSD users on this board have don't serve the purpose of harm reduction in that they claim most LSD horror stories are untrue.

Well, most of them ARE untrue.

You can have your kidneys shut down

LSD is measured in millionths of a gram. I would strongly suggest there's no amount that you could possibly injest that is both recreationally reasonable AND damaging to your kidneys.

you can go on what amounts to a permanent trip

No, you can't.

and you can cripple your mind and give yourself HPPD to boot.

That's a more reasonable assumption.

There's a reason that this drug went out of style in the 60/70's:

Well, it didn't really. Even in the 80's it was popular. And it didn't so much go out of style as become less available. Hell, it's not out of style today.

LSD cripples minds and destroys promising lives.

Oh please.

I was once all about this drug and now I understand that the drug is unimportant and unnecessary for any life. Love is all you need.

Ditto for every single drug on the planet. What's your point?

Don't discard that "scientific crap". What you shouldn't trust is all the anecdotal evidence. "My friend has a friend who knew a guy who once golfed with the doctor of a guy whose buddy was permafried."

^Yeah you're right my first post was hasty and poorly worded. I apologize to all of you LSD users who I offended by offering my friend's story. LSD is relatively safe and you will almost always go back to normal after taking it. I was wrong and popular opinion is closer to the truth. I really do like what acid can do but I also hate what I saw it do to him. Christ I feel like a troll now. Stupid doctors fed him a bunch of bullshit while his mind was still fragile. I guess it was the shame from friends and the need to justify the ER visit that made him so emotional and in turn made me emotional. The timing, place, state of mind and loneliness got to him and instead of asking for him I started talking for him. I feel like a dumbass. But at least he didn't change his name to something ridiculous like Alpert did, start a religion like Leary, kill people like Manson, blow his brains out like Thompson or go on a neverending tour like Garcia. Life is more of a trip than acid. Stop responding and I'll stop posting but I'm obsessed with this thread for some reason.

hmmm, tokey....its clear to me from your last post that u have not read some of ram daas books or thompson's writings. hunter happens to be my favorite author, maybe because of the honesty in his writing. his sad suicide had little to do with his acid use, maybe more to do with depression related his failing health...he was unable to walk without assistance. also, he was an alcoholic. some details about his final days were published in rolling stone magazine.

ram daas is a great man who has written several great books. jerry garcia has produced an amazing amount of music during his life....maybe it is not appreciated by all.

your post comes off as degrading these person accomplishments because their lives were shaped by acid:X:X

HST's choice was a premeditated decision that fit the character of the man. It has nothing to do with acid.

I read this thing on the net that Ozzy Osbourne's family has a lot of cases of something like MS, forgot exactly what it is though, and that accounts for his slight twitchy/screwey behavior now, but just my opinion....

LSD overdose IS possible, but pretty much implausible to obtain by your standard drug user. To overdose on LSD you need a LARGE AMOUNT or PURE, and it needs to all be injected at once.

I believe this is how Aldous Huxley chose to go out, but keep in mind he was already dying from something else. But still, possible, cause he did it.