LSD overdose is no myth

^I understand what you are saying completely and I'm impressed by the poetic way you weaved it all together but as a matter of putting my mind at ease I must know what this drug was that put my friend in the ER. Acid, DOxx, 5meoAMT, brDfly?? You could drive yourself crazy trying to run over everything you ever read or heard trying to figure it out. I personally never had a bad trip with acid nor did my friend until he took this batch. He wants to know and I want to know. Did you check out the gallery link I posted? I'm trying to connect the two together because I recognized the print as being the exact same one he had and the same chemical was probably on both. If this drug had kicked in under two hours I'd be more inclined to believe it was acid however it did not. The exceptionally long duration of action of this drug is also suspect. Yes acid lasts a long time but 18+ hours off of one blotter and over 24 hrs off of two? Never heard of that happening. The craziest thing is how closely all of the psychoactive effects are related and how difficult it is to describe the difference between a trip on Doxx and acid. I know people who know what they are getting can tell but describing it is exceptionally difficult. You did well to describe a bad trip though I don't know if you have ever had a bad trip with the same chemical my friend did.

I've had bad trips on a number of substances, most notably DXM+Acid, and 5-MEO-DMT, I've taken AMT (not 5-MEO) and while it DOES have the duration required for your friend's experience, (and I'm not sure if this is true of 5-methoxy) on the occasion myself and a couple of other fairly seasoned trippers experimented with it, we discovered that the drug itself appeared to have something of a barrier, and almost physically would not 'let' you have a negative experience. We got very strung out, and all the time didn't manage to have many negative thoughts.

If your friend was taking pirecetam as well, it could have potentiated a much longer trip than they were counting for. I haven't taken pirecetam in combination with psychadelics, but if the effect is anything like combining it with smoking and or MDMA, the primary effects of those drugs were FAR more intense and also lasted substantially longer. This is probably the most likely solution for the increased duration of the trip, which would have then fed back into the paranoia and fear of the trip never ending, which would have all snowballed into a much more intense bad trip than one without pirecetam.

-plaz-

@tokey
You probably read about it already, but the Max Headroom blotters contained DOB. I never trusted that guy in the first place...

crOOk

crOOk: I did not read that it was for sure DOB anywhere. It seems to fit but I haven't read about anyone taking them to a lab or selling them as DOB. Could you post a link?

tokey said:
Today SWIM had to take a trip to the hospital after dropping 1 blotter the night before and not being able to come down for the entire day after, on no sleep and with a pounding heart that wouldn't stop. The biased point of views most LSD users on this board have don't serve the purpose of harm reduction in that they claim most LSD horror stories are untrue. You can have your kidneys shut down, you can go on what amounts to a permanent trip and you can cripple your mind and give yourself HPPD to boot. SWIM will never take LSD again after seeing what could happen in one night, in one town in which several zombies were seen patrolling about 7/11 in search of grub, pot and community. The fools don't even seem to know how bad the batch they got was or what they really did to the only thing that matters in the human body: their minds. There's a reason that this drug went out of style in the 60/70's: LSD cripples minds and destroys promising lives. I was once all about this drug and now I understand that the drug is unimportant and unnecessary for any life. Love is all you need.

This is called a severe panic attack. You just had a very bad trip and when your mind flipped out, your body followed suit.

Either that or a DOx, but I really don't think a big enough dose of any adulterant can fit in just one hit like that. Signs point to severe panic attack.

LSD does not inherently destroy minds, it only has a negative impact on thse with underlying mental disorders or those predisposed to anxiety, as might very well be your case.

tokey said:

...in which several zombies were seen patrolling about 7/11 in search of grub, pot and community. The fools don't even seem to know how bad the batch they got was or what they really did to the only thing that matters in the human body: their minds.

Do you know these people? If not, how can you possibly know they took LSD? Your thoughts sound so prejudiced.

Last edited:
tokey said:
...in which several zombies were seen patrolling about 7/11 in search of grub, pot and community. The fools don't even seem to know how bad the batch they got was or what they really did to the only thing that matters in the human body: their minds.
ZOMBIES?! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WE MUST ALL DIE!!!

crOOk

What if it was LSD and DOB!?!? The zombies I was referring to were definitely tripping and had clearly been so for a long time. Plus SWIM still had drugs in his system. If you can't handle the discussion don't contribute to it completeski. Otherwise post a video of yourself tripping balls for a day so we can all laugh at how you handle drugs.

Ok, I've read through the whole thread, had a good think (well, as "good" as I can have after 60-70g of alcohol! :\) ... I've taken a SHITLOAD of acid in my time, and given that the thread title is "LSD overdose is no myth".. I disagree.

A 'bad trip' is certainly no myth, but (IMO) with retrospection and being halfway intelligent, 'bad trips' teach you things about 'yourself' and are ultimately beneficial.

So.. I disagree that an LSD-25 overdose isn't a myth.. but I fully agree that some of the other (potent) chems mentioned in this thread, on one blotter, could produce an "OD" (ie worse than a 'mere' bad trip!)!

Simple fact.. if the fucking beaurocrats who run our lives got some common sense on the whole 'drugs' issue, legalised and regulated everything, then at least when you took acid you'd know you'd taken, say, 150ug of pharmaceutical grade, pure LSD. Who the hell can say that with full confidence today??

Fuck the 'war on drugs'.. and bring on the 'age of psychedelics', for the sake of us all... 8(

it already happened, we are actually in a very conservative swing of things. Give it 10 years hopefully we will swing back to being liberal, maybe even more so than before.

Really...

I wish that I would have had Sankar's big orange LSD book to throw at your head and knock you the fuck out. The half life of LSD is 12 Hours. Your mind was just weak. As for your body...well what else have you done. There isn't a physiological problem recorded like those you describe from sole LSD use until you hit the 10mg per kg level which isn't one blotter. People like you give LSD a bad name because your "ego death" was too much for your little mind to handle. Maybe it wasn't LSD?

subdefy said:
not the first. there have been LSD overdoses :) just they are very rare.

So rare infact that there usually due to something else.

Nobody has ever died from an LSD overdose. It just doesn't happen. People have taken up to one GRAM of LSD and survived with no damage. LSD is physiologically the safest psychedelic drug in existance.

The idea of an "LSD overdose" is bogus. That's just what people say when they try to blame the drug for a bad trip. The person who took the drug causes the bad trip, not the drug itself. Blaming the drug is just STUPID and irresponsible.

IMO im pretty sure someone can die of ANYTHING (drugs,food etc etc).. Ive had several diseases just b/c what my mind thinks.. Im weak :)

Why do people have such a hard time believing that drugs other than acid appear on blotters they do. Twice in my life i have had this happen to me, the first time (23 years ago) i suspect it was DOB, the second time (4 months ago) it was, definitely IMO, 5meo AMT , now the reason i think this is that the symptoms were a two hour wait for a little hint of anything followed by loss of motor skills, dodgy gut(the wife had severe diahorrea for three hours) followed by three hours of visuals so intense that i couldn't see things for patterning. The emotional aspect of LSD was also missing. I was loath to entertain the thought at first but at the end of the day if you're sure you're sure,and we are sure. So all you folks who think it's incrediblely unlikely well if your right i was incrediblely unlucky but with 5meo AMT being available on the net is it really so hard to imagine?
Zophen

However i do think the idea of an LSD overdose is ridiculous!
Zophen

When I started the thread I thought it was LSD hence the name of the thread. Now I don't think it was LSD at all. It is definitely not impossible to get some bunk with something else. Pretty sure the culprit was DOB. Twice as long a comeup and twice as long a comedown complete with a speedy heart and unshakeable anxiety. I could easily see how DOB could kill someone with only one blotter combined with coffee and fear. Panic attacks aren't too good for you if they last too long without some benzos.

There is one case of LSD overdose, when someone injected 14 grams of LSD when it was assumed as diluted speed. I believe this is verified.

But, however, one thing I think is weird about it...how do you fit 14 grams into a syringe? Why would you dilute speed so much? If anyone can shed light...

I watched a friend of mine accidently drink 200 hit of acid that was diluted in a liter of orange juice. And the look on his face when his roomates came in 35min later and asked what had happened to the acid. Holy crap!! We where 2 hours out of town at a cottage. About 2 minutes after they asked the question, he just started tripping like fucking crazy. We tried to get him to puke but he just went nuts. It took us 5 hours to get him into a car and drive him to the hospital. Lucky for us he wasn't a very big guy. It took him 6 month to learn how to speak, how to feed himself. Shit he didn't understand why he needed to eat. Its been 5 years and its still with him. The doctors told him that he was never in any danger of dying. The only thing LSD will do is turn you into a vegetable.