• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Ketamine Subthread] Tolerance & Addiction

there is definitely a residual effect on my relationship with my Kundalini.

i completely agree with this, and it's why I refrain from ever taking this drug again. It seems to inhibit the kundalini when the brain is recovering after usage for quite a while. It's really not nice not being able to feel energy...

For 2 months I used Ketamine everyday. I began building a tolerance, thats for sure. Eventually I stopped getting high all together. 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 bumps, half gram of K, didn't matter, it would have no effect.

That is when a light bulb went off in my head and I stopped doing it all together for a couple months. Now I do it occasionally on the weekends and 1-2 bumps can often K Hole me.

While I was immune to K I research the Tolerance, and how long it takes to deplete, research pointed to 3-6 months straight of not doing K. I suppose it varies person to person... but definitely a couple of months did it for me. =)

Lucky for me, I stopped doing Ketamine daily, when I did. One of my friends still does Ketamine daily and is dealing with terrible "K pains" and constant Bladder Infections... as well as a consistant empty bank account =P Something to remember - most bladder/kidney damage done by Ketamine is not reversable... and it doesn't take long

I found that while ketamine tolerance does drop after not using for a few months. It goes right back up to being real high after using it just a few times after your break.

Would you call it binging?

Okay, so here's the story.
My bf loves K. Which is awesome for him and all, but when its all gone, it just starts to look really sad to me.
He'll scrape the bag when there's nothing left to be scraped.
Scrape the plates even when he knows hes not going to get anything more then maybe a crumb, if that.
He'll keep re-using the same spoon, even when we both know there's nothing left. Although, he claims that there is.
I think hes delusional.

And then there was this one time, when he thought something was K, only later to find out that it was sassafras...they look like 2 totally different things...and he knows K well enough to know that it wasn't K...

Would you call this binging??

And how does one deal with this? I dont care that he does it, I just hate to see him look so pathetic...

i wouldnt call it binging. i mean, defining binging is just going on a bender of over-indulgence. SS, you really hadnt mentioned how much he does at a time. does this happen over a gram? if so, then definitely would say thats not enough to be considered binging. dont know if addiction is the right word either. i really wouldnt know what to call it, but it does sound a bit sad. sorry. :\

he went from having a gram. doing it all-and then scraping everything down to the very last speck...even the invisible ones.

not to mention he gets moody now that its gone. bipolar almost.

yeah, im definitely not co-signing on binging. to put it in comparison, think about a binge drinker. you wouldnt call a person whos had a bottle of beer and is a complete asshole after clearing 12 ounces a binge drinker.

im leaning more in the direction of obsessively addicted. k (from my experience) is not physically addictive, but something's going on in his head right there where the chemicals and synapses arent firing right.

okay. thanks. i mean, i know people that do it, and never act like that. hell, ive done it, and have never gotten like that. maybe its just the feeling hes "obsessively addicted" to.

Hey SmurfStomper, first of all this doesn't belong in Second Opinion. Have a read of each of the forum guidelines before you post because this is a drug education/harm minimisation in general, some areas don't allow drug discussion (i.e. Second Opinion :))

Secondly, with drugs that have addictive qualities this kind of behaviour is pretty common after a binge, i.e. searching for more even when your concious brain knows there's none left. It's just the nature of the addictive aspect of the drug, your brain wants more. How often is he doing this?

If it's a concern for you, you need to talk to him about it in a calm and non-judgemental manner. It may be that he is using K to escape some problems/issues he's having in real life, in which case he needs to face those issues without drugs by seeing a counsellor or his doctor. Or it may just be that he really likes K and can't help himself to use it all straight away when he's got it. It might be the case that he should take a break for a while.

Moving to Psychedelic Drugs.

Sorry, It said second opinion, and that's what i needed so i figured it was cool to post here.

I don't necessarily agree with the fact of talk to a counselor or a doctor-due to personal experience, they usually don't know what the hell their talking about. 99.9 % of the time. They just tell you what to do, and they cannot relate. So for most people like me, which my bf is a lot alike-that would be a fail for the doctors.

Ive already talked to him about it, but he sees it as nothing. Like when its gone its gone. Well if its gone, and he knows it, then why is he still trying to get more out of what isnt there?

i used to do at least a gram a day of K, and i can tell you that it is extremely addicting mentally. Thae state it puts you in is completely unlike the real world, and after doing it for a while, it can be hard to go back. so, is this binging? maybe, if hes doing it everyday. id say be worried though. try to talk to him about your concerns, and dont be discouraged if he ignores you at first, its hard to come to realize that type of shit. I had to have several good friends and my brother tell me to stop before i did.

good luck to you and your boyfriend

The behavior your boyfriend is exhibiting sounds more like something along the lines of psychological addiction than binging. I've been known to get on all fours and scour a carpet for hours searching for crumbs of drugs. I always did that when I was eager for a fix. The hunt for the drugs is almost as good as doing the drugs because it takes my mind off of how much I want to get high.

I spent an hour and a half once picking little white specks off a carpet by where I and some people had been doing coke. I only got a small bit out of it and most of it tuned out to not be coke, I still snorted it anyway. That sounds a lot like what your bf is doing.

I mean, maybe I just dont understand it. I dont really have an addictive personallity, sure I do stuff, but like, if needed be, if it came to that, I could just drop everything.

I really dont think he could and I think thats what scares me. He says over and over again, that he wants to stop...but then something comes around, like K-and hes back to square one.
I wish there was something I could do to help-because like i said, I HATE seeing him like this.

To binge would mean to overindulge.

If he is just using it occasionally and acts that way when it runs out, it seems like he may just be sad its all gone and trying to get every last bit, because he loves it oh so much.

More like addicted than binging IMO

Binging could be said to be the process BEFORE extreme addiction. And is also an aspect of addiction, too. How often does he use ket?

:)