Dissociatives [Ketamine Subthread] Tolerance & Addiction

Chilly_bee

Bluelighter
Special K Tolerance

Ketamine Subthread: Tolerance & Addiction

[Back to the Big & Dandy Ketamine Thread]

[original post:]

Hey Peeps,

I new on this Bluelight thingy (hello!) So i thought Id C if n e body can help with a problem ive had 4 quite sometime...

...First i'll give u some background info -

im 21, male, healthy (sort of!), Very experienced with most intoxicantes, and have a happy life...

Ive had mind blowing times and learnt so much off most drugs, and researched everything ive taken (- ive taken (most) chemicals to explore and expand (not to 'get fucked')) - My 'baby' is defiantly Ketamine, loves the stuff i do, and ive hammered it to a point i think i regret.... U c, i cant 'k' hole properly anymore, i either blackout (and come round naming the funiture!) or lay there (spanner'd) wondering why im not in a themepark in my head -

i know all about the tolerance of the drug, but am scared its caused unchangable damage... ive been assured that just leaving it alone for awhile will repair the receptors in me old brain, but no matter how long i leave it, the effect is still the same...

I had a 'addiction' to the stuff for about half a year, in which time my everyday life was severly affected (problems with speech etc, -when sober!) which scared me into calming down, i luckily returned to normal after a few months but since then have had this painful problem with K holing...

Do i just need to leave it for awhile (years?), is there anything i can do...

i cant just let go of this passtime, it has changed me, taught me and shown me the way (to a point that effects my daily life *directly* for the better)

Please help
:)

Chilly -x-

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Special K Tolerance

Chilly_bee said:
i cant just let go of this passtime, it has changed me, taught me and shown me the way (to a point that effects my daily life *directly* for the better)

For the better? You had speech problems when you were sober, I don't think that's a change for the better.

If you have been abusing Ketamine this much and have a huge tolerance now, the only sane thing would be to abstain from it for a looong time. I only can hope for you those receptors get back to normal, people say there's no evidence for NAN, but I think you are a prime example of it as it stands now.

My addiction days R way behind me, and ive learnt the hard way that if you absuse any substance it'll laugh (in a really scary manner) in your face,

...and you may have mis-understood me (sorry coulda typed it better!), my speech probs werent 4 the better(obviously!) but the understanding, knowledge, creativity and self cleansing it gives me has helped me put my life (and brain) on a different, infintly better path.
The problems i had have gone, as has my compulsion to have a line before i get on a bus! i try every fortnight or so to k-hole, and treat it with the upmost respect when i do (i dont batter line after line in club toilets n e more)

I'll rephrase the Q, does anybody have experience with this problem? in a similar situation? -Has n e 1 had this and recovered to regain ful k-holin fun? im aware of the 'scientific' reports (which i dont know wether 2 believe!) but have just never heard of n e 1 with this problem b 4...

Cheers chilly

yes...the blackouts (or non-recollection of the experience will pass with enough time)...i have had this same problem after many long term binges, and was also afraid i would never have a full scale experience again....but time heals all wounds, whether it takes a few months or a year..just take a break...peace....

Another thing you may want to check is the potency of the k...Did you always get your k from the same source because I have been in a k-hole once off of one nice size bumb...K is probably my favorite drug too...But I usually keep it to a weekend thing...I always have it on me but I usually only hit it on the weekends...But I have developed a tolerance I think...I have only really had the k-hole experience twice...Both times accidently in a club...But taking k and x are my idea of a good time at the club on a Saturday night...

Ive come across loads a different types of K, and i still dont manage it on the stongest...

Thanx 4 the Marijuana tip... im pretty much a chronic stoner n e ways, but ill keep smoking more! *Chilly giggles:) *

I managed to come very close to a K hole a couple of nights ago, after laying off since my last post, and found it fanatastic (not nearly as good as it could have been tho!), so im now confident that itll just take alot of time time:)

Thanx for everybodys advice ;) - its always nice to get as many peoples as possible...

To iso240 :- Thank you for pointing out my bad spelling and grammer, your help has been invaluable to me and may i suggest you apply for a job as a English teacher -X-

(Oh, and what is this Search Engine you speak of? some kind of magical craft for finding lost puppies???... lets hope so;) )

^Replace don't with Doesn't

i·ro·ny
1. The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
2. An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.
3. A literary style employing such contrasts for humorous or rhetorical effect. See Synonyms at wit1.
4. Incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs: “Hyde noted the irony of Ireland's copying the nation she most hated” (Richard Kain).
5. An occurrence, result, or circumstance notable for such incongruity. See Usage Note at ironic.
6. Dramatic irony.
7. Socratic irony.

ah, don't worry 'bout the bitter people :) they're insignificant.

iso240 said:
I suggest you ask it to teach you grammar and spelling that don't make you sound like a complete retard. It might also help to have it teach you how to use search engines.

iso -x-

Totally unnecessary... :|

What a pointless post...have you ever thought that there may be more to life than spelling and grammar? I hope you discover this...your life will be far more fulfilling if you do...

PLUR, yay! I did DXM 14 nights in a row, now I have HPPD.. Do you think my HPPD will go away if I plug some LSD?

-x-

Seriously, awatkins makes a good point.. Cannabis should reduce NMDA receptor mediated neurotoxicity.

ketamine tolerance..

Hello,
I tried some ketamine for my first time last night, and was wondering how tolerance works with it. I only took prob around 50mg or so, will it have a big effect on the high if i attempted a k-hole today? Would tolerance be that bad?
Thanks

Depends on how your are taking K.

Intramuscular - 80IUs (2 points @ 40IUs, 30min apart) left me in a near-drunken gigglefest for about 45 min with the remaining time (about an 1-1.5hrs) being more like taking small lines over time.

Inhaling(hootin) - depending on how much you take you can get effects from 20-30min to 3-4 hrs depending on how much taken: When cooking a vial down, it was split into 5 lines of guestimated equals and then was done between 5 people. Probably around .2 - .3g per line ended up being a K-hole expierence of about 3-3.5 hrs for me individually. Small bumps over a short period of time is more of a progressive "buzz," "high," etc. and the time under the influence is dependant on ingestion.

K breaks down very quickly in the body and thus I personally have not seen or read any indication that tollerance happens with K. I would not rule out that with dosing yourself everyday may very well lead to some sort of tollerance but multiple day useages would be fine as long as it was not a contiunous, everyday thing.

Here is what Drugs.com had to say under the Professional Information on Ketamine:

Drug Abuse and Dependence

Ketamine has been reported being used as a drug of abuse. Reports suggest that Ketamine produces a variety of symptoms including, but not limited to, flashbacks, hallucinations, dysphoria, anxiety, insomnia, or disorientaion. Ketamine dependence and tolerance may develop in individuals with a history of drug abuse or dependence. Therefore, Ketamine should be prescribed and administered with caution.

Last edited:
You shouldn't have any problem at all if it was your first time. The amazing thing about K that I have found for my body is that no matter how much I have done at once, I have never felt at risk of ODing or getting sick, the expierence is just that more enjoyable, for that much longer...

i seem to have developed a permanent tolerance to k. i can't k-hole with k alone anymore. i get vials of ketalar and cook it down myself, so i know it's not a quality issue. when i first really k-holed, it was about 150mg snorted, and i loved it. i started doing fairly high doses (150-300mg snorted) once or twice a week. then one night, it didn't work, it was just about to go into the hole, and it wore off, so i did some more, with no effecs what so ever. so i waited two weeks, and tried again. the same thign happened again, i ended going through the rest of my stash to no avail. after that, i didn't touch it for nearly a month. then i got a fresh vial, cooked it down, and railed two 150mg lines. this definitely effected me, but i still didn't k-hole. i just felt very k'ed out for about an hour. since then i've k-holed once from about 200mg snorted while on 3 hits of strong blotter, and it was incredible. but k alone just doesn't seem to work anymore.