• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Ketamine Subthread] Tolerance & Addiction

To the OP...

This (the bladder pain from hell), might just be the thing that wakes you up to your destructive use of ketamine as if you continue to use, at even fractional levels of what you're currently doing, the painful episodes will become more frequent and more prolonged until blood start to appear in your piss, at which point you may well be incapable of making decisions for yourself due to a combination of pain and the vague headspace that high levels of the metabolite, norketamine causes.

Honestly, the will to really want to quit has to be there in the first place otherwise you'll find excuses until the pain & discomfort become so great that something has to be done (as it'll be an odds on bet that at very minimum you'll have a fair bit scar tissue on the wall of the bladder, preventing it from functioning as it should ie stretching to hold urine.. The other extreme is so unpleasant that thinking about it makes me uncomfortable - either continuous catherterization or urostomy)

Devise a schedule to taper off the ketamine (perhaps you should take it orally), and obtain some Elmiron to treat the IC (Interstitial cystitis). Sporadic use of benzodiazapines should help relieve some of the anxiety.

I'd be more worried about my brain with those doses of ketamine, although the pain associated with IC obviously make the kidney issue seem more urgent. Again, taper off, it is far from impossible....

Also, perhaps something like bupropion would also help with the withdrawals, given ketamine's action as a DARI.

You need to take an active role in freeing yourself from dependency; I was able to defeat addictions to obscene doses of opioids and benzo's (the former was easier than the latter). Develop a plan and carry it out...

Over 5 grams a day...wow.

yeah, I bet that's possible.

Ever consider a taper? (I don't want to make a joke here so I'm just gonna trail off...yeah.......)

An OZ is absolutely insane.

I am not too far behind however. I normally use 1-3g day. I've used so much I've pissed blood before, twice :(

I've gotten k pains that drops me to me knees. I haven't gotten one in a month though......but it's always on the back of my mind the horrific pain.

Drinking lots of liquids to keep passing urine so salt build up is lessened.

I am thoughtful about what will come about of my heavy use. I'd rather not have a piss bag on my side........:\

Goodluck to the OP. Sounds like some hefty dues to be made

"hey dude, you wanna come party?"

"no, don't have enough diapers......"

K is crazy stuff man, it really could permanently damage your ability to hold in your piss and shit.

I heard about a girl who did it for 5 years and lots total control of her bladder and bowels. for 6 months. and she still has a blood disorder and gets VERY sick very fast......then it kind of goes away.

but seriously, an ounce in 5 days....man, I wouldnt do any more if I were you. do ANYTHING else man....if you gotta use, do some oxy, or something a little less toxic to your urinary tract, because right now I can guarantee that part of you is hurtin'.

get back to us so we know if you're ok!

Please be real with me; ketamine addiction likelihood

So I'm considering trying ketamine.

It sounds really fun, and totally different than anything I've ever experienced.
Now I want you to be real.. please.

How likely is it that I would get addicted?

I know that it depends a lot on the user, almost as much as it does on the drug. But from a generalized point of view, how addicting is ketamine?

As you said, it's pretty dependant on the user. However, I will say that it is a very addicted drug, so whatever you decide to do, be careful.

AFAIK ketamineisnt physically addicting so the answer could be, depending on definitions, nil!

However, psychological dependence is obviously no fun and is a subjective experience to everyone...its impossible for an anonymous forum user to answer that for you

So 'm thinking of believing in God.

It sounds really fulfilling, and I've bnever tried it before
now I want you to be real

Does he exist?

^
That's about as easy to answer as your Q.

K is, in my experiences, incredibly psychologically addicting.

Two things that really help reduce the addiction potential to ketamine are:
1) Formal commitments (friends, school, work, etc.)
2) Lack of consistent or cheap supply

If you have a lot of free time and a relatively steady supply of ketamine, I would be weary. However if you have commitments and are logical with your usage (not using when you have something to do) than you should be fine.

Not to mention that after a while of constant use, a lot of the psychological effects become less pronounced (in my experience) which certainly makes one want to cut back their usage to gain those effects back.

In short, ketamine is pretty psychologically addicting but easy to regulate if you have other things to occupy your time.

Well if you're going to try it coz you think it sounds fun, like you said in your post, then you'll probably be very suprised and mistaken. It's not a colourful ride through the funhouse; Ketamine really means business and your experience could alter drastically depending on dose, location, state of mind etc. I'm not trying to be a buzzkill, I am trying to tell you that it is a serious tool for serious explorers.

(If you want love and fun, there are plenty of other psychedelics to choose from). Ketamine is clinical and all about science - there is almost no integration with the celestial light; on the contrary, it seems to be stuck in dark regions of reality with very little connection to the pure loving astral realms. There are a few threads and rabbit-runs to follow into certain aspects of your chakras etc. but they are almost certainly going to show you the tricky, mindfucking aspects of your internal energies, and how your shadow, or inner devil, manipulates them.

However, even for the most serious explorer, psychological addiction can definitely be a real issue with Ketamine. I mean this absolutely, and cannot stress it enough... Ketamine is a really curious substance, in that it opens up a whole unseen level of reality for serious exploration, and yet is darkly seductive and hedonistic in nature.

Just be careful, is all I'm saying. After even one experience, you can be left with the knawing inside your head to go buy more, and more, and more, until all you care about is your next few grams of Ket. And you try to justify it to yourself and everyone else that you are trying to reach that amazing K-hole you had, but instead you have just succumbed to the slavery of escapist, hedonist reward. It can suck you dry man, and leave you a speechless moron.

I've been down that path myself, and seen friends go down and never come out of it. I've used all opiates, even Heroin, and never been so psychologically seduced by such a dark substance.

I am totally grateful of my many experiences with Ketamine, as it has allowed me to integrate it's own astral aspects into my psychedelic thoughts and journeys. However, I'm done with it, and out of the braindead thuggish drug scene that comprised the people selling and taking it in my neighbourhood.

I choose to live in the loving energies of our astral exsistence.

AFAIK ketamineisnt physically addicting so the answer could be, depending on definitions, nil!

It should be noted that ketamine lacks physical addiction in a way similar to cocaine, where part of its effects will include a compulsion to do more. (at least for me)

the "psychological" addiction is far different than say the psychological addiction with cannabis.

That said, if you set limits for yourself beforehand, and know yourself to be a person of self-control, you should be fine. The potential for addiction in ketamine is less than for opiates, imo.

Ketamine has a very high addictive potential. Especially if you are into either psychedelics or downers. In China it is the number 1 or 2 most abused drug if I recall correctly. I think it is possible to try it and be fine so long as you set rules and stick to them.

IMO ketamine is a great drug to try, but a horrific one to do.

Never had a problem saying no to anything except K don't have that personality..I smoke cigs for recreation lol never got hooked but i had one hell of a fight getting off K.. Id say give it a try just have someone there to tell you its time to be done with it when its all gone

The one time I had a bunch of this stuff, I couldn't stop doing it. Luckily I never found another connect.

It is possible that you will hate the experience and never do it again, but yes, K is very addictive.

Hmmmm, I think I'd disagree with everyone that ketamine is highly addictive, or even moderately so. I'd say it has a relatively low addiction potential especially when compared to other 'hard' drugs. I think I'd say that ethanol is more addictive.

However, there are a few things about ketamine addiction. First, it kinda creeps up on you slowly. I know all addictions do, but with ketamine it seems a little more subtle. I mean, I have a relatively addictive personality (have trouble keeping some drug around, but they never really adversely affect my life), and I only noticed the twangs of craving for it after doing it somewhat regularly for a few years. Somewhat recently I had access to a free supply, which basically gave me the ability to be K'd out for the whole day, except for eating sometimes. I mean, I still don't really have a problem with ketamine though. Yeah, I'll do it excessively for a few days or a week, but then I won't do much for months, and most of the time I don't think about it too much, or really, really crave it. Occasionally I'll get some cravings for it, but there's something a little weird about it that I think has always prevented me from going all out too much with it.

I think that is the main thing you have to watch out for as far as ketamine addiction, is your supply. If it's really cheap, and you always like to have some around, and you do it several times a week, then it might be getting bad. But as long as you don't have the crazy hookup for really cheap ketamine, then you'll be fine. If you live in the US then i don't think you'll have the issue of ketamine being too cheap. I think that in most cities it's still pretty expensive.

Last edited:
Physically I hear it can be pretty mean, but mentally is totally down to the user. For me ket fucked me up too much and the whole unable to stand thing really, really freaks me out so ket was never addictive, but shit i've seen people who bosh a gram in one line...every day =/

Yea ketamine is pretty addictive stuff. If you have a personality that is prone to it be very careful.
Right now I am addicted to it, even its only a little. I have a history of abuse cycles but I get out of them eventually. Question is though if I will stop getting into them. :\

One very important factor is availability. If you make sure that is limited then you can try it, then its self limiting anyway. Otherwise, be warned.

This is being merged with the ketamine addiction thread, still in doubt if its subthread material..

Last edited:
I think that is the main thing you have to watch out for as far as ketamine addiction, is your supply. If it's really cheap, and you always like to have some around, and you do it several times a week, then it might be getting bad.

The fact is, if you have a cheap and constant supply of any drug you enjoy, most of us would become psychologically addicted to it. I had 300 pills at once last year which I got for next to nothing, and took them more or less every day. Could still get them now, but at slightly more inconvenience and cost, so I don't take them every day. If you have a bag of drugs in your drawer and you're the kind of person who's a member of an internet forum discussing drugs, you're probably going to be inclined to take it then and there.

I don't think ketamine has any hold on me, none any stronger than any other drug has on me at least. I take it every fortnight, perhaps, and when it runs out, there's a tinge of remorse than I didn't buy more, without doubt. But I'm not calling up my guy at unholy times of the day looking to get more.

I suppose there's probably a distinction to be made between those who take it with friends and those who take it alone. I'm not one to judge taking drugs alone. Some of the best experiences I've had on drugs were alone (lsd, generally). But if you find yourself alone taking ketamine a lot, I think that in itself is a warning that you should calm down - not stop altogether, but maybe just do it at parties for a while.

Thats good that it doesnt have a hold on you now.
But don't assume that its not likely, keep your eye out. Especially if you have a reason to become somewhat escapist then it can very well escalate.

Well if you're going to try it coz you think it sounds fun, like you said in your post, then you'll probably be very suprised and mistaken. It's not a colourful ride through the funhouse; Ketamine really means business and your experience could alter drastically depending on dose, location, state of mind etc. I'm not trying to be a buzzkill, I am trying to tell you that it is a serious tool for serious explorers.

(If you want love and fun, there are plenty of other psychedelics to choose from). Ketamine is clinical and all about science - there is almost no integration with the celestial light; on the contrary, it seems to be stuck in dark regions of reality with very little connection to the pure loving astral realms. There are a few threads and rabbit-runs to follow into certain aspects of your chakras etc. but they are almost certainly going to show you the tricky, mindfucking aspects of your internal energies, and how your shadow, or inner devil, manipulates them.

However, even for the most serious explorer, psychological addiction can definitely be a real issue with Ketamine. I mean this absolutely, and cannot stress it enough... Ketamine is a really curious substance, in that it opens up a whole unseen level of reality for serious exploration, and yet is darkly seductive and hedonistic in nature.

Just be careful, is all I'm saying. After even one experience, you can be left with the knawing inside your head to go buy more, and more, and more, until all you care about is your next few grams of Ket. And you try to justify it to yourself and everyone else that you are trying to reach that amazing K-hole you had, but instead you have just succumbed to the slavery of escapist, hedonist reward. It can suck you dry man, and leave you a speechless moron.

I've been down that path myself, and seen friends go down and never come out of it. I've used all opiates, even Heroin, and never been so psychologically seduced by such a dark substance.

I am totally grateful of my many experiences with Ketamine, as it has allowed me to integrate it's own astral aspects into my psychedelic thoughts and journeys. However, I'm done with it, and out of the braindead thuggish drug scene that comprised the people selling and taking it in my neighbourhood.

I choose to live in the loving energies of our astral exsistence.

Thank you for that insightful post.

Many of my CEVs have been alarming and/or shocking, and I have been hesitant to fully acknowledge their dark nature in fear of accepting that Ketamine might not be as delightful as I had once assumed. During my morning meditation (for up to 2 days after), I notice remnants of these CEVS and I find that there is definitely a residual effect on my relationship with my Kundalini.

Now that I have a relatively firm grasp of the K space, I am beginning to increasingly agree with many of the things you just said. Do you care to expand on the dark nature of K?