• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is THC "Female energy" while mushrooms are "Male energy"?

If we're getting caught up in romantic notions of sexual "energies", this actually breaks my heart. The female plant longs for a mate, and we essentially lock her in the tower, starving her of sex, so she yearns and tries and desperately puts out more and more flowers, reaching for any single speck of pollen. Eventually, the maiden dies, unfulfilled, never having known love, and we greedily harvest her corpse, caring not that we have frustrated her only desire.

Its kinda like hurling virgin maidens into the volcano. Haha

The "penis envy" strain is a mutation of the amazon strain of cubenis. I'm pretty sure that its survived purely because its very phallic, and good for a few laughs, not because of special male energy or anything. I think that shrooms do tend to have a primal and sometimes violent feel to them, but I wouldn't necessarily describe those as "male" attributes. I'd kinda say the same about weed. It is calming and soothing, but I wouldn't really describe it as "feminine".

Its kinda like hurling virgin maidens into the volcano. Haha

The "penis envy" strain is a mutation of the amazon strain of cubenis. I'm pretty sure that its survived purely because its very phallic, and good for a few laughs, not because of special male energy or anything. I think that shrooms do tend to have a primal and sometimes violent feel to them, but I wouldn't necessarily describe those as "male" attributes. I'd kinda say the same about weed. It is calming and soothing, but I wouldn't really describe it as "feminine".

I heard the strain was more potent then other mushroom strains

Yeah I'm pretty sure Mac Dre coined the term, I'm just sayin TechN9ne kills him

I commend both independent artist for their accomplishments. It's a subjective issue, it really comes down to the type of style and subject matter your into.

I couldn't put a name on the energy I feel with mushrooms..

It's called psilocin.

This thread is completely retarded and delusional. Stop with all this fantasy spiritual bullshit. Psychedelics are not like other drugs, but the way people like Terrence Mckenna talk about them is just so fucking annoying. They are drugs. Who cares. Thousands and thousands of people do shrooms and get absolutely nothing out of it. Yeah, deep insights and philosophies are common on psychs but holy fuck. There is no "energy" or "soul". Hate to sound harsh, but I call it exactly as I see it.

The first time I did shrooms it was a great experience, after I even felt more centered. After the second time (a year a half later) I did mushrooms there was a 2 week period in which I felt "smarter" but was actually completely paranoid and connecting dots that weren't there. This was during the presidential elections and I felt like I was actually a subject of the debates (remember Joe the Plumber?). I thought the government was after me but I completely followed every move of political tactics and ended up with a great standing for political science. I got through this temporary psychosis (two weeks or so) all by myself without any treatment even though there wasn't a single person in my life who I didn't question. This happened one week after a bad experience with salvia that brought out many anxieties in me I never had (fear of leaving my girlfriends house at night, death following me, falling asleep while driving etc.) During this time I had my girlfriend who was noticeably shaken and changed from the trip and a friend who was messing with me pretending to be a cop. A package sent to me filled with cannabis seeds set off my paranoia alarm because they were high quality seeds I never ordered, yet they were addressed to me from a very strange name in Napa Valley, CA

At the time my girlfriends mom urged me not to smoke at one point she forced me to get a mental evaluation, I did and the evaluator said I was perfectly fine and possible even in better mental shape then the average. However my father concurred and hypothesized that I had areas of my brain receiving more energy than normal.

For a month I didn't smoke any marijuana until it was completely out of my system - there hasn't been a time since this t-break where my tolerance to THC has returned the point where I'm not nervous and quiet around people after I smoke (prior to this I had a very high tolerance, the day after my first mushroom experience I out smoked everybody on 420 and could maintain composure).

I just did acid for the first time last week and although it started out great it ended up going bad, full of rapid thoughts of self doubts and ego-killing thoughts (this being brought on by an argument with my girlfriend, peep my first thread for more info). After the trip I stopped smoking for 48 hours until the LSD mostly cleared my system but now when I smoke I have more control, it doesn't hit me instantly and my highs remind me more of when I was first originally building my tolerance.

A lot of people seem to carry negative feelings towards their experiences with salvia.

Also as far as how my actual trip went (the one that induced the 'psychosis'), it was a normal trip. I wouldn't consider it a bad trip either - I actually remembered a somewhat traumatic yet mostly overlooked memory about being touched when I was younger. My girlfriends mom was out of town for a week (in Napa Valley) and I was happy to be spending the night with my girlfriend but I had major problems sleeping at one point I remember hearing breathing (which at the time was like a de ja vu alluding towards feelings I had sleeping when I was much younger)

Can I get some comments and advice on these two posts, this is something I never really got the chance to discuss with too many people

What the fuck are male and female energy anyway?

Indeed...

To Thizz: I think you should at the least take a break from psychedelics for a few months, and even then, dose responsibly and carefully if you do. I can't tell exactly how bad your episode was so I can't tell you you definitely shouldn't take psychs again, but it sounds as if that might be the case. Anyway, be careful with your mind, it is very fragile and you can't undo the changes you induce with these drugs. If you feel disconnected from reality at all, don't trip until you feel that you are normal and truly ready for it.

Regardless, I say for the sake of your sanity you should take at least a moderate break.

Last edited:
Indeed...

To Thizz: I think you should at the least take a break from psychedelics for a few months, and even then, dose responsibly and carefully if you do. I can't tell exactly how bad your episode was so I can't tell you you definitely shouldn't take psychs again, but it sounds as if that might be the case. Anyway, be careful with your mind, it is very fragile and you can't undo the changes you induce with these drugs.

I appreciate the honesty. Since I got through it back in 08 I actually feel mentally stronger for having gone through the hardship

McKenna and his bollocks really gives psychedelic drugs a bad image.

^^Cool, that's great to hear. I edited a bit more information into my above post about tripping only when you totally feel ready for it. I tried once when I was younger to go as "far out" as I could with my mind, and while it didn't turn out catastrophic because I aborted the plan quickly, I did get a glimpse into exactly how fragile mental health truly is. Tripping in any way changes you in a way that can't be reversed. When you use psychs regularly as I did, that change is amplified quite a bit, IME.

Anyway, this is just something to think about. Good luck going forward.

^^Cool, that's great to hear. I edited a bit more information into my above post about tripping only when you totally feel ready for it. I tried once when I was younger to go as "far out" as I could with my mind, and while it didn't turn out catastrophic because I aborted the plan quickly, I did get a glimpse into exactly how fragile mental health truly is. Tripping in any way changes you in a way that can't be reversed. When you use psychs regularly as I did, that change is amplified quite a bit, IME.

Anyway, this is just something to think about. Good luck going forward.

Really appreciate the insight. Definitely gonna take a break

Good idea :)

I feel the same way as you describe by the way: about being mentally stronger through the hardship. I've had many crazy experiences and a good number of them changed me. I don't know about you, admittedly, but I think that I have built a mental fortress that is mostly rational. Having attacked fragile connections between heart and mind and other functions has disrupted something for me that actually makes me less stable at the core.

It's like the insight that at my core I am nil, that after surrender of the ego comes mystical chaos and nothing/everything at once makes my ego really scared which is why I now have several defense mechanisms. I don't want to make any predictions about how strong or weak I will be when I trip again. I just want to illustrate how being more mentally together can be more complex and does not tell anything necessarily about being in balance. It can be that you are not in balance but use strong defense mechanisms that for all intents and purposes makes you appear mentally strong.

Who knows really, only you I think.

But as for me, I am not really instable but I have got some quirks and autistiform things, I try to reconnect everything and gradually its working. I am allowing my emotions better now, but there is much work to be done before I flow again like a puppy.

some people forget what its like to be young and new to these substances and all the questions they can bring up.
Im guilty of it myself at times.
But its important to remember. And important to suspend disbelief and be compassionate when necessary.
<3

Excellent post Delsyd :) <3

People in this thread are being rude. Telling someone that they are crazy is really narrow-minded. Theres nothing healthier then speculation about what these psychedelic drugs actually mean. If we can't discuss what may appear to be absurdity, then we may as well not trip at all.

That said, I've never attached any gender to a drug. I could more easily attach colours, but thats a purely subjective, intuitive system...

I am, but I'm not the one who mods this forum, this one's down to you Soli ;)

You guys ready to close the thread?
I actually learned a bit from this discussion. Not to change the way you do things here but why not just let the laws of supply and demand do their thing, someday someone could come along with some great insight on this topic.

IDK about the femalevsmale energy but trichomes look like little mushrooms...and I like to think of them that way.

For some reason now I'm getting a visuals of mushrooms growing on your shlong... and I really don't like to think about them that way ;)

yes i have always pictured mj as a female presence, and that how it feels. also, shrooms does feel like a male presence, because it can scare the shit out of you. LSD on the other hand, seems like a cross gender presence because you really can't have a bad experience with it, at leasst in my experiences

in a lot of music, musicians personify certain drugs with a specific gender. through music, it seems that everyone feels that MJ is a female presence. it's a soft, comforting feeling, the feeling of a woman

I think we all just have this in our minds, just like we call cars and boats female names.