• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is THC "Female energy" while mushrooms are "Male energy"?

idk bout this thread but i always joke with my gf about how intense shrooms are for girls. shit eminem even has a song about it called mushrooms.

look at it like this -

lucy
mary jane
molly

but what about mushrooms? boomers? gooms? see what i mean

That's all purely subjective though.

I think male cannabis plants are better killed early so that the females can produce more powerful, seedless buds once they mature.

Mushrooms are mushrooms.... kind of lack being physiologically male or female.

Drugs affect people differently, that is all.

biologically speaking, mushrooms can be considered to be either asexual or hermaphroditic. Basidiomycota (which psilocybes fall into) require two nuclei per cell in order to become reproductively fertile. but they are not Male/Female in our sense of the words. If i recall correctly, there are four possible combinations of nuclei, only two of which are fertile. but basically you MUST have two spores near each other to make a new parent mushroom.

IMO, mushrooms are 1000% "male energy" if we can put a loose definition on those words like posters before me have. Violence, curiosity, endurance, and sarcasm are all properties I might use to describe mushrooms. but my trips are all with wild-grown ps. cyanescens-type species. Who knows what kind of energies might be associated with closet-grown cubensis, or equatorial hawaiian panaeolus?

also, i don't think terrence was the person who "developed" the penis envy strain of mushrooms. they probably "popped up" as a random mutation from a wild strain, and due to its curious morphology was saved for propagation. I do know for a fact that it is a parent of some VERY interesting hybrids including albino penis envy, and the man responsible for such microscopic hackery is over at mycotopia.

because i'm stoned as fuck, i'm gonna retell the mushroom story i was told...

void
one spore
food run divide
sense move multiply
come over here, i found a brother
trade with me, my secret lover
let us eat the essence of others
footsteps insects parasitic silvernecks
do you remember being here before
ten trillion years, who's keeping score?
we are waiting for the rain to come
breathe in and hold until your feet turn blue
concentrate and propagate your programmed computer code
drip drop splash swirl pitter-patterning running rivulets
NOW
THUNDER
EXHALE LIFE
GO MY CHILDREN
DO ME PROUD
MILLIONS
VOID

EDIT: i realize i didn't touch the topic of MJ at all. i agree that she is one fine seductive lady. she gets in my head and makes everything OK. but remember that while sinsemilla is virgin flowers, they come from a plant who MUST have had a pollen father. sometimes this is from a hermaphrodite mother, but in order for a weed plant's seed to exist it must have been... um... from a delicious creampie at some point ;) the fact that weed can reproduce by cloning one girl (mmm, lesbian twins) or simply growing the equivalent of a penis and fertilizing its own ovary.... yeah she's one fucked-up chick.

Last edited:
Is this directed to Yerg? He is a moderator of Cannabis Discussion you knoww;)

naw its @ thizz man
why iz i dissin thizz you iz axegin? because thizz is a term coined by a rapper in an attempt to make ecstasy look "gangsta" and whatnot.

Last edited:
No need to flame the guy. I think it'd be more appropriate to just suggest some skepticism, and to "not get caught up"...

Well the effects of the male cannabis leaf compared to the female cannabis leaf has been much different from my experience, I know both of them carry the same cannabinoids but I believe them to have different levels of cannabinoids. Also despite the plants not having psyche I do believe (and I might be wrong on this) that the male cannabis plant carries higher levels of testosterone. Nutrients like potassium in high quantities can influence the plant to lean towards the male gender.
Male plants are less potent, but I bet you any money that if I made two sets of brownies, with appropriate amounts of weed for equipotency, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Yes, you are wrong, testosterone is an animal hormone that is not found in plants.
uhh....male cannabis plants dont make THC or anything.
and plant hormones aren't going to affect your high or anything..
Uhhh...male plants do produce THC, just not anything like as much as an unfertilised female.
Is this directed to Yerg? He is a moderator of Cannabis Discussion you know
They make you a mod because you're a mean, pedantic stickler, not because you know your shit. As it happens, I do know my shit, but that's another matter.
I think male cannabis plants are better killed early so that the females can produce more powerful, seedless buds once they mature.
If we're getting caught up in romantic notions of sexual "energies", this actually breaks my heart. The female plant longs for a mate, and we essentially lock her in the tower, starving her of sex, so she yearns and tries and desperately puts out more and more flowers, reaching for any single speck of pollen. Eventually, the maiden dies, unfulfilled, never having known love, and we greedily harvest her corpse, caring not that we have frustrated her only desire.

The word is "archetypal".

Sorry english only is a second language for me, in my mothertongue the formation of the adjective to the noun archetype is analogue to archetypical ;) but i'll try to remember that for the future...

and I don't really think that you can apply it to energy tbh. When we start talking about energy being something that constitutes consciousness, we've strayed from the technical definition of the term, and it's important to establish what we're actually referring to, otherwise you just end up equivocating and talking at cross purposes.

Well, I can't speak for the OP, but i use energy in this context in opposition to physical manifestations. I.e. female energy is something immaterial that is percieved as autonomous and posessing a vibrancy that within the subjective perception of the individual is felt to be female... only because that is not the technical definition of energy, doesn't mean that we can't use it in a metaphoric way to describe what we experience, to my knowledge there has not been coined any term that would be intuitively understood the way that energy is in this context (at least for those who have had such an experience)

Well, first of all, modern sinsemilla is all female, but that's a relatively modern development. For most of its history, cannabis as a drug has been a combination of both male and female plants (and hermaphrodites, given that monecious varieties have presumably been used as drugs). The effects are the results of the cannabinoids, not the sex of the plant. If I smoked male cannabis plants, would I feel completely different effects, experience "male energy" instead of the usual "female energy"? Does hermy weed have "hermaphrodite energy"? No, it's all the same few cannabinoids having the same kinds of effects.

Well, i for one don't get high in the same way from hermies as from female plants. Though i wouldn't attribute that to the sexual energy, there's definately a difference. I think it would be rather easy to prove that the range of cannabinoids and terpenes (yes, i'm one of those who think that terpenes play an important role in the details of the effects of cannabis plants) is broader and more developed in female cannabis plants as it is in male plants... as these cannabinoids and terpenes are what evoke emotion in the user, you could argue that female cannabis is perceived as evoking more emotions / being emotionally more detailed, something that is very stereotypical of the human concept of femaleness...

In your line of thinking one could argue that only because human males and females produce sounds with the same physical device (vocal cords), it is not possible to determine a qualitative difference in the voice itself...

but anyways, i think what is up to debate is whether certain drugs let the user experience parts of his consciousness that are connected to the feeling we asociate with different sexes, not whether it is a physical characteristic of the drug to be male / female...

My other issue with this point is that the sense in which "male" and "female" are being used are hugely anthropocentric. When we associate females with nurturing, emotional intelligence, fragility or whatever, and males with destruction, power, or suchlike, we're thinking about the typical properties of human males and females. Male seahorses carry the young, not mothers; are the "energies" inverted in this species? Cannabis has no psyche, and thus none of the sexual dimorphism of it that humans exhibit. Again, the problem is equivocation, cannabis can be male or female in a narrow, biological sense, but it can't be male or female in a "Martian/Venutian" way.

Of course it is "anthropocentric", we talk about the way human individuals interpret their experiences when under the influence of mind altering substances. The departing point has to be what notions the individul has about the distinction of male / female, it is not only anthropocentric but also culture specific and on the final level completely subjective... but that's no reason not to talk about it, or to insult those who talk about this kind of phenomena with the words that they feel the most apted to express what they feel - i.e. male / female energy :)

If we're getting caught up in romantic notions of sexual "energies", this actually breaks my heart. The female plant longs for a mate, and we essentially lock her in the tower, starving her of sex, so she yearns and tries and desperately puts out more and more flowers, reaching for any single speck of pollen. Eventually, the maiden dies, unfulfilled, never having known love, and we greedily harvest her corpse, caring not that we have frustrated her only desire.

hehe, nicely put :)

Give those poor girls what they long for :D

I try not to get into this sort of mystical thinking with psycedelics. It is a fairly common reported thing to feel a presence/energy with psycedelics though. For example people report a female energy with Salvia. I would probably go easy on psycedelics if you feel you have got some psycosis from doing mushrooms.

LSDMDMA&9506913 said:
I think the fact that the OP has "thizz" in his name explains quite a lot/

its just means he's from Cali.
Thats the only place ive heard it said.

this thread is the dumbest most simple (almost retarded) attempt to categorise the effects of hallucinogens. the OP probably only take weed and shrooms and nowt else.

stop looking for meaning in these somtimes fun drugs

I have smoked some potent male leaves before that were far better than some of the schwag I've had actually. As Yerg said, without a doubt they produce cannabinoids, and there was no "male energy" about the high.

"The leaders and the followers were easily distinguished"

If this is how we are to define the distinguishing characteristics of male and female energy, respectively, then we are just being silly.

LSDMDMA&9507407 said:
naw its @ thizz man
why iz i dissin thizz you iz axegin? because thizz is a term coined by a rapper in an attempt to make ecstasy look "gangsta" and whatnot.

Mac Dre wasn't a gangsta rapper.

"The leaders and the followers were easily distinguished"

If this is how we are to define the distinguishing characteristics of male and female energy, respectively, then we are just being silly.

That was just an observation we all had. Me & my friend were more philosophizing while two other members of the group who were rather talkative prior to the trip ended up being great intuitive listeners.

its just means he's from Cali.
Thats the only place ive heard it said.

Thizz is a term that originates from NorCal's Bay Area rap scene, from Mac Dre he's a great rapper to listen to while 'Thizzing'

^Tech FTW.

I don't know if Mac Dre invented the word or if it was slang in another region first but MD really popularized it.

After reading that thread in the Ecstasy section, I don't get is how could someone be taking ecstasy constantly like Mac Dre was and still be able to operate. He first changed Romp Records to Thizz Entertainment way back in 1999

Yeah I'm pretty sure Mac Dre coined the term, I'm just sayin TechN9ne kills him

:( I think this thread degrades the forum but I guess you have the right to ask these questions. I'm mostly with a couple of things Yerg has said about psychoactive compounds just being compounds.
Terrence mcKenna as a prime example for far-fetched theories had interesting things to read, but most of them should be left alone as being wild speculation. People are sensitive to suggestion in general, but moreso when high and even more when they have schizo-like tendencies. I think this is related to seeing patterns, connections and associations where there is no really deserving basis. Often logical fallacies are seen and a sort of magical thinking.
I know I am trying to maybe pigeonhole a group of people and there is no absolute right or wrong here, who knows which theories might be true but this tendency in people I try to put a finger on is something I went through in a phase when I tripped balls every week and I was desperate to figure out how things worked. There was a lack of skepticism, in that phase I thought skepticism was equal to closed-mindedness.

Eventually I started censoring my theories better when I understood that being not critical enough towards theories makes it possible for you to believe in the biggest bullshit. I have a friend who might argue that it can be okay if that is what makes you happy but personally I attach value to having a sense of what actually deserves to have belief in and what not, otherwise you are just taking a piss with your eyes closed.
Everyone is free to do what they want but the what-if dreaming can escalate, some might start proposing them as theories that are purported to have some validation and most of all, this sensitivity of being too open to suggestion is infectious. Ideas or memes are proven to be very infectious things and people should be more careful and take a second to think about the things we tell each other.

Well then back to this thread and the original question, it's not *that* ludicrous but it is vague, and vagueness is a hallmark of the phenomenon described above. Until you know what you actually mean by the things you say or theorize you are mostly tickling some irrational sense in people. Not everything is rational, I realize, and there is so much we don't know (yet).

But no I don't see the associations, I don't see the connection or the underlying idea. And I think that if you get a lot of strange ideas from smoking dope a lot and having trips you may not be integrating properly you should ask yourself if you maybe should tone it down. Smoke less weed and if you want to trip take a lower dose.

Some people get very creative from psychedelics and I generally applaud people broadening their mind. But sometimes people just get sketchy in the membrane. It may not be in everyone's place to decide what is real and what is not, who is insane and who is not... but mental illness may just be the broadening of your mind and getting your mental processes tangled, or have more chemical factors or who knows how complex it all is. Watch out, especially if a gap between you (and what you think) and the rest of the world gets too wide.
Many important ideas are thought up that way, but it is not for nothing that great thinkers, mathematicians and physicists alike sometimes go crazy when they go too far out. It's good not to be a sheep, but it can definitely be risky to check out the outskirts of human thinking. Go out far enough and you might not find your way back. Reintegration is key. Dissolving the ego is beautiful but positive reintegration (also especially in the way Dabrowski means that) is absolutely vital.

Last edited: