• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is THC "Female energy" while mushrooms are "Male energy"?

i never got a sense of male or female from the energies of these drugs.
Even on DMT the entities i encounter are sexless.

There isnt really a definitive answer to your question. Its all subjective.

One drug i know that is often reported to have a female energy is Salvia, though ive never felt that myself.

Edit: TBirdee beat me to it
Through all my psychedelic experiences(which is a fair amount) the only "entity" i have encountered was female, and this was from salvia extract.

Through all my psychedelic experiences(which is a fair amount) the only "entity" i have encountered was female, and this was from salvia extract.

I have actually experienced this being, but I still dont think the salvia itself has the female energy.

I think we all just have this in our minds, just like we call cars and boats female names.

this is the most curious statement in the thread, i think. cars and boats are traditionally given female names because they are traditionally named by males! but some race cars might seems anything but female to me, with the raw power of nitromethane pumping through an engine that is nearly as phallic as a mushroom itself :)

I still think the OP wasn't entirely misguided in his assessment (though I'd deemphasize the gender aspect, as I said earlier). Psychedelics are a very yang thing, ya'know, heavenly energy, active, focused, strong.

^then again, one might say that in order for you to give definition to "yang", you've got to know about the existence of yin ;)

I'm okay with leaving the thread open, but I think that the hope that someone will come along and confirm your beliefs after reading the opinions posted already I think it's a little irrational. Though on the other hand I absolutely can understand it. I wouldn't call the OP bad names or anything and do not presume to know what the real truths may be in all this.
But I have stated my personal opinion already which is that I just don't think there is anything to it.

First of all Mckenna was a genius, spiritual philospher of our time and it's responses such as those to maybe we should look as people and a community how easy and fast you are to shun someone just because there questions isnt up to par. Sure it sounded a little funny at first. But when I really thought of it. This is a very interesting question and to be honest I believe it lies on the individuals perspective of the substance may greatly depend on the effects. Everyone is different, have different ideas and wants in life and that is good. =)

^No, Terence McKenna was not a genius philosopher. Wittgenstein, Quine, Kuhn; these men were genius philosophers of our time. McKenna was a crackpot who did a lot of drugs.

I think McKenna served his purpose well: to convince many intellectuals and academics that drugs are okay to talk about, even in a scientific way. Anyone who is a "legalize-it activist" is okay in my books. Even if they're a fucking drug lord or something.

But yes, he probably got that brain tumour by shoving huge amounts of a huge variety of natural and synthetic hallucinogens into that poor over-burdened brain...

Hey, he got famous because he was incredibly articulate, well-travelled, but above all, radically new and original in his thinking.

Last edited:
^No, Terence McKenna was not a genius philosopher. Wittgenstein, Quine, Kuhn; these men were genius philosophers of our time. McKenna was a crackpot who did a lot of drugs.

but i still agree with this.

mckenna is just more popular because lots of kids think drugs are cool :\ ehehe

if wittgenstein had been a heroin addict he would be on a lot of posters in bedrooms of "punks" and "hippies", for sure.

ThizzMan said:
the male cannabis plant carries higher levels of testosterone

I laughed way harder than I should have.

This thread is pointless. "Male and female energies" only mean whatever you think they mean; just because you attribute certain thoughts and emotions to "male" and "female" doesn't mean that's inherently what they are. It's like people who take LSD and say it feels more "technological" than mushrooms. The word doesn't actually mean anything in that context, and probably only came to mind because that person's knowledge of mushrooms as "natural" vs LSD subconsciously influenced their perception of the experience. Just like how reading McKenna influenced your view on your trips, and causes you to needlessly make the distinction between "male" and "female" experiences.

Also if you actually had a psychotic break from mushrooms it really should be common sense not to take them again.

ive felt a female presence, energy, entity, guide, lover, being, whatever the fuck it was on DMT. it was a good experience. immersive and overwelming, beautiful, amazing. never felt any female energy on anything else

I think McKenna served his purpose well: to convince many intellectuals and academics that drugs are okay to talk about, even in a scientific way. Anyone who is a "legalize-it activist" is okay in my books. Even if they're a fucking drug lord or something.

But yes, he probably got that brain tumour by shoving huge amounts of a huge variety of natural and synthetic hallucinogens into that poor over-burdened brain...

Hey, he got famous because he was incredibly articulate, well-travelled, but above all, radically new and original in his thinking.
Totally agreed. Sure, he had some interesting theories but it annoys the fuck out of me how some people think he's the 2nd coming of Christ. He was just psychotic and pulled it off as being intellectual. I respect his research and shit but above all, he still broke the law and did nothing but poison himself with all that shit he was taking.
I laughed way harder than I should have.

This thread is pointless. "Male and female energies" only mean whatever you think they mean; just because you attribute certain thoughts and emotions to "male" and "female" doesn't mean that's inherently what they are. It's like people who take LSD and say it feels more "technological" than mushrooms. The word doesn't actually mean anything in that context, and probably only came to mind because that person's knowledge of mushrooms as "natural" vs LSD subconsciously influenced their perception of the experience. Just like how reading McKenna influenced your view on your trips, and causes you to needlessly make the distinction between "male" and "female" experiences.

Also if you actually had a psychotic break from mushrooms it really should be common sense not to take them again.
I just saw that quote. Yeah, now I'm 100% convinced. Thizz is a fucking looney. Completely agree with the rest of your post too.

Totally agreed. Sure, he had some interesting theories but it annoys the fuck out of me how some people think he's the 2nd coming of Christ. He was just psychotic and pulled it off as being intellectual. I respect his research and shit but above all, he still broke the law and did nothing but poison himself with all that shit he was taking.

I just saw that quote. Yeah, now I'm 100% convinced. Thizz is a fucking looney. Completely agree with the rest of your post too.

Do you even know me? You know nothing about me or what I do so don't feel enlightened

Do you even know me? You know nothing about me or what I do so don't feel enlightened

I could care less about your personal life or your tribulations. You're dumb. I don't think you even know what kind of compound Testosterone is.

yes i have always pictured mj as a female presence, and that how it feels. also, shrooms does feel like a male presence, because it can scare the shit out of you. LSD on the other hand, seems like a cross gender presence because you really can't have a bad experience with it, at leasst in my experiences

So, in other words, men scare the shit out of you, women give you cottonmouth, and transgenders are always fun to be around. I'm not trying to insult you at all. I just don't think you should respond because it further makes my intelligence go down when more people feel the need to elaborate on these ridiculous theories.

Last edited:
I could care less about your personal life or your tribulations. You're dumb. I don't think you even know what kind of compound Testosterone is.

So, in other words, men scare the shit out of you, women give you cottonmouth, and transgenders are always fun to be around. I'm not trying to insult you at all. I just don't think you should respond because it further makes my intelligence go down when more people feel the need to elaborate on these ridiculous theories.

That entire post made me laugh so hard =D Harsh tho, but funny as hell

I do. Although this isn't a fact that roots confidence in my intelligence 8) I don't know where you comprehension skills are at but I'm not talking about my beliefs, I'm discussing a theory that resonates with some people. If you don't like the thread why you here? You frustrated with life?

I do. Although this isn't a fact that roots confidence in my intelligence 8) I don't know where you comprehension skills are at but I'm not talking about my beliefs, I'm discussing a theory that resonates with some people. If you don't like the thread why you here? You frustrated with life?

You're talking about your beliefs. That's all fine and dandy but not when you go spewing idiotic bullshit. Apparently you don't know very much about androgenic compounds. Last time I checked, marijuana plants don't have testicles, nor does Testosterone in itself have any psychological effects. There you go. Now your belief is just a dumb fantasy. The theory can continue on, but definitely not because female plants produce estrogen while male plants produce testosterone. Lol.

Why am I here? Simple. Because I can be. Because your theory makes no sense and I'm trying to explain to you why. Male and female "energy" is subjective entirely. To argue that one chemical feels different because plants have sex hormones is hilarious and makes you look terribly uneducated. Let me debunk this entire thread right now:

Marijuana = THC -> CB1 + CB2 binding -> depressant + mild hallucinogen.
Shrooms = Psilocybin -> Converted to psilocin = tryptamine -> hallucinogen

They are 2 totally different drugs. You could take any 2 chemicals and call one male and the other female. Would probably make someone look a lot dumber if they tried doing with compounds that aren't psychedelics, though. The effect of both substances is a scientific matter, not a spiritual or belief based one. Both THC and psilocybin are somewhat simple compounds that have a huge amount of research backing them up. There is an ever-more growing amount of information related to the mechanism of action of these drugs. None of it points to a higher being or a soul. If you want to make it interesting, at least use drugs that aren't as well known to make this comparison, like Wild dagga or some shit, Lol.