• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Foreign Drug Scenes

Mexico has become like freaking Singapore, particularly in the north. Try getting a cabbie to take you to a spot. Forget it in 99 percent of the cases. Ask a desk clerk - you might get thrown out of your room. The party is over in many places because of the war.

^ Ive sampled the herb here twice now this year, both times it sucked. It may be due to Im still used to getting blazed from Cali herb. 2.5 years ago, the herb was a lot better than it is now :\

There's been a decreasing trend in the quality of homegrown Finnish marijuana - a lot of it comes down to greedy motherfuckers that harvest 2-3 weeks too early and
sell it when it's still slightly damp, 'cause desperate kids with money will buy it anyway, or compulsive stoners 'cause availability is a problem. Most growers don't sell, or if they do, only to their close friends in small amounts.
Two is not a very large sample - I'm sure you could score a couple of weak schwaggy bags in California as well if you had bad luck.

I've had plenty of infuriatingly shitty pot deals in Finland, but when I still used to live there, availability and high prices (which, about 3 years ago, were 30-50% lower than today) were the only problems. In terms of quality and potency it stood up to the best coffeeshops in Amsterdam, and it was consistently better, while Amsterdam won by its variety and constant availability. In both places, you need to know people and places to get the goods. Since this is a "drug scene" thread, though, the commercial scene in Finland is growing in size and declining in quality.

I've never been to North America but people I've met say the weed in Cali is stronger than Amsterdam, which I do not doubt. Hawaii is supposed to trump even Cali.

THE NETHERLANDS (North, not Amsterdam)
ILLEGAL DRUGS
The drug scene is vibrant, but I have avoided making street deals because personal contacts are infinitely more reliable, economical and of a higher standard. Hard drugs will certainly be sold on the streets, and possibly at electronic dance music events - particularly psytrance - but I have always procured my gear beforehand from more reliable sources.

Unlike the street market in Amsterdam, there seems to be a lot less bullshit up here. Sure enough, walking through the Red Light Districts at night you will see various sketchy characters standing around on corners, waiting for you to approach, or doing so themselves if you look the part. I don't feel threatened, like I have been in Amsterdam, and the weights of the bags have all checked out. What's more, the drugs aren't bullshit either - you can very easily score decent cocaine (rock or powder) and heroin from the streets. The crack and dope have been surprisingly good on some occasions. It's inconsistent, but they're never absolute shit - I'd say the blow is never below 35-40%, and the rock is pretty decent quality.

In Amsterdam I wouldn't ever dream of trying to score drugs from the street dealers again (and the only time I've done it I was severely fucked up), but here it's actually a viable option.

^ Ive sampled the herb here twice now this year, both times it sucked. It may be due to Im still used to getting blazed from Cali herb. 2.5 years ago, the herb was a lot better than it is now :\

are you in finland, mate? i was under the impression you were in the UK for some reason or another.

i love this thread, it's interesting reading all peoples accounts of dealing with scoring in foreign lands; especially places like china as MDAO mentioned and other asian countries where they don't fuck around when it comes to consequences.

^ Reminds me, I still want a comparison of netherweed vs cali weed in terms of potency from someone who has had both.

Anyone? I've heard Dutchies call their weed the best, but I always hear the same from Calies aswell. So I honestly don't know. What's the average THC % for a "normal", not too expensive strain? Anyone have an idea on that?

Between 14% and 16 % on average I guess (top-sellers like WW)

funny thing the government wants to pass a law making a 15 % tenour of delta-9-THC the "legal" limit which would automatically make all hash illegal and California top dog! (they haven't hear about the effects of CBD and other cannabinioids at the ministery of health/justice apparently and obviously haven't figured out to try smoking some hash and compare it to weed.. , let's hope the new government trashes this stupid plan Opstelten (Dutch drug czar wannabe) has cooked up in his kitchen

ha, cool:) i thought maybe a canadian immigrant kickin it in the UK because of your location haha.

Well I'm greek so when I go to greece its different. Drugs are looked down upon besides alcohol. You can get pretty much anythin ya want depending on who ya know.

My cousin and all my friends there (well most of them) smoke wwed so gettn that is pretty easy. None of them reaaly do any other illeagal drugs so findin dope is near impossible for me. They even look down on it like users are nothin but fuckin junkies.

There ain't no open. Air markets but in the cities there's spots and neighborhoods where drug users hang out and ya can get lucky and score. But its not like ya go up to random ppl n ask em for drugs. Don't work that way.

A while ago the EMCDDA (European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction) published their 2012 report, and there's new(ish) data on drugs and drug use from the European countries. There are obviously some limitations, but it's still interesting data. The situation in the Netherlands doesn't seem too bad:

Average heroin purity: 44.5%
Average cocaine purity: 52.3%
Average amphetamine purity: 38.8%
Average herbal cannabis purity: 14.3%

http://www.emcdda.europa.eu/

At least much better than my old locale, Finland:

Heroin: N/A
Cocaine: 29%
Amphetamine: 19.9%
Cannabis: 5.1%

the stigmas certain drugs have in different countries is quite intriguing, IMPO

I heard in allot of Asian countries cannabis has worse stigma that stuff like heroin, coke, meth, ect. Which is not too surprising since laziness is highly looked down upon in most Asian cultures and cannabis makes you lazy according to stereotypes.

^
In Finland you do get a beautifull setting to your drug use for free almost every time though!

I heard in allot of Asian countries cannabis has worse stigma that stuff like heroin, coke, meth, ect. Which is not too surprising since laziness is highly looked down upon in most Asian cultures and cannabis makes you lazy according to stereotypes.

I could imagine

How long have you lived there, what are you doing there, and how have you found it?
Just over 7 months, been here 15+ times before I moved though. I love it here, as I always have. Currently working on my Abitur.
Heroin: N/A
Cocaine: 29%
Amphetamine: 19.9%
Cannabis: 5.1%
Our Cocaine is more pure than Amp. I dont buy it for one second.
^
In Finland you do get a beautifull setting to your drug use for free almost every time though!
Thats true.

Our Cocaine is more pure than Amp. I dont buy it for one second.

Me neither. You do get shitty speed in Finland if you've got shit connections, but when I lived there I was getting amphetamine >50% on the regular. Speed is our national drug and I guess we at least take that kinda seriously.

Like I said, the stats are obviously subject to a number of limitations, one of which is that the purity of drugs seized by the police isn't necessarily indicative of the purity of drugs in general circulation. I heard a while ago that someone was busted with kilos upon kilos of 4% pure amphetamine (why oh why?); incidents like this will no doubt have an impact on the average. Conversely, I suspect that a few significant cocaine busts higher up the distribution ladder would have skewed the data towards a higher purity - especially considering how small the cocaine market in Finland is, and how easily one big bust could affect the statistics.

Cocaine in Finland is ridiculously impure and expensive, even for cocaine standards.

I think there's a lot of truth to this.

I think there's a lot of truth to this.

I doubt there is, anyway what the fuck does "Asian" mean? Pakistan is in Asia, major hash heads... Nepal is in Asia again, major hash heads... Iran, Asia major cannabis culture... India again Asia, very serious cannabis/hash culture...

Opium and heroin makes you lazy as fuck too... I know for certain that amps are very popular in Japan tho...