• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Foreign Drug Scenes

This thread is really interesting. In Pakistan, as pointed out above, hash is available everywhere in every city and village. It grows indigenously here (the plant) so anyone can get high, whether its through making bhang tea or extracting hash from it. Lately I've gotten high a few times using stems and buds that I picked with some friends. There are numerous hash dealers in every area but there isn't any concept of open air markets, not in the cities anyway. People have to go farther north to Peshawar and farther areas like Jamrot and Teera. At those places there are open air markets selling all kinds of drugs, mostly high quality, as well as weapons and miscellaneous smuggled items.
I don't do opiates myself but there are just as many opiate dealers as there are hash dealers. For cocaine and mdma you have to have some good contacts as dealers for them are few and far inbetween. I've only found one dealer for LSD so far, through a friend of a friend of a friend and months of searching lol.
As for alcohol (which is illegal, same as hash) there are many bootleggers for local and imported drinks and you can get locally produced alcohol from some 4 or 5 star hotels that have a bar to sell to non muslims (although 90% of their clientele is muslim).

I doubt there is, anyway what the fuck does "Asian" mean? Pakistan is in Asia, major hash heads... Nepal is in Asia again, major hash heads... Iran, Asia major cannabis culture... India again Asia, very serious cannabis/hash culture...

Opium and heroin makes you lazy as fuck too... I know for certain that amps are very popular in Japan tho...

It's true of the parts of Asia I've spent time in: Japan, China, and Taiwan. Cannabis was never popular in any of these places, and I doubt has much potential to ever be. I should have clarified that I was speaking specifically of northeast Asia.

I've vacationed in Thailand and heard lots about a local weed scene there, but haven't seen it with my own eyes, and don't know that I'd try to seek it out. I think a foreigner doing that would be a sitting duck for cons or extortion.

South Asia is a whole other deal. I've never been to Pakistan, but with so much proximity to the native regions where opium and cannabis come from, and an economy that's gone in fits and starts, it doesn't surprise me use of these drugs is common there.

When I vacationed in Sikkim (a semi-autonomous state of India that's closer culturally to Tibet or Bhutan), I found a marijuana plant growing by the side of the road, and ended up picking it, drying it crudely, and smoking it. Our tour guide identified it and didn't seem to think anything of it. However, I get the sense that you have to be very careful about drug use, even marijuana, in India, because although it's had a respected place in the culture in days gone by, it's widely disapproved of now.

Me neither. You do get shitty speed in Finland if you've got shit connections, but when I lived there I was getting amphetamine >50% on the regular. Speed is our national drug and I guess we at least take that kinda seriously.

^ This is true!

There is good speed around here :)
You just wont find it from the tech house clubs or so, its almost better to ask the club-security for some! Theyre all stimheads...

In southern Sri Lanka weed was very available and very cheap, but very low quality, "Tropical Schwag", basically wild cannabis with lots of seeds/stems.
Pharms were available through a pharmacy worker who was friends with a Sri Lankan friend of ours. Unfortunately he didn't know the english names for much besides "diazepam" and we didn't know the sinhala names for things, but the valium was very nice. Heroin was around, evidenced by syringes on the beach near our house, but our Sri Lankan friends looked down on its use, they called it "brown sugar" and viewed it as very destructive/dangerous. Ecstasy was available but at absurd prices, equivalent to around 30us$ per pill. Foreign alcohol is extremely heavily taxed and very expensive, but local beer and arrack (palm sap based hard alcohol- delicious with some coke, the soda not cocaine) is readily available and cheap.

I doubt there is, anyway what the fuck does "Asian" mean? Pakistan is in Asia, major hash heads... Nepal is in Asia again, major hash heads... Iran, Asia major cannabis culture... India again Asia, very serious cannabis/hash culture...

Opium and heroin makes you lazy as fuck too... I know for certain that amps are very popular in Japan tho...

I said allot not 100% and I know heroin/opium makes you lazy too but the stereo types for cannabis sticks more for some reason. You have to remember that different parts of Asia has very very different cultures. Pakistan and Nepal are nothing like China and Japan. A marijuana smoker in Japan would most likely get looked down on way more than a speed head.

There is actually a small part of China (I have to remember where exactly, I think it's up north) where cannabis is cultivated and smoked, and probably tolerated to a certain extent within the tribe's limit (no idea of the tribe's name). I did some chinese hash in Amsterdam back in the day. It was very expensive and not so good. A curiosity.

^I'm pretty sure you're talking about the Uighurs, a Turkic people indigenous to Xinjiang Province, formerly East Turkestan. The Silk Road (the original brick and mortar one) passes right through their homeland, so naturally they deal in hash, both locally produced and imported from other parts of central Asia, which is of course where the plant is native to. I've had Uighur hash -- it's decent. I'm really entirely partial to green, not hashish, though, so my taste in it isn't so discriminating.

There's definitely a hash smoking culture among the Uighurs, but from what I gathered it's not universally regarded as classy in their culture, and those who do it keep it low key. You definitely had to broach the subject discretely. But it was definitely not a youth subculture thing -- it was more along the lines of older guys sitting around in a restaurant after it had closed at night and lighting up pipes and chatting.

Xinjiang Province would be a perfect spot for drug tourism except... China. :| Uighurs are now a minority in their homeland due to the arrival of millions of Han Chinese settlers, pioneers, and prospectors, and there's a lot of friction between the two ethnic groups, because the Chinese have all the choice jobs and positions of power, and look down on the Uighurs as dumb and uncivilized. The scenery is beautiful, the place isn't crowded or polluted (yet), and the local food is not too bad. I'm sure the opium is fantastic too.

There aren't a whole lot of other minorities in present day northern China. A handful of Chukchi and Evenki in Manchuria, maybe. They might use fly agaric mushrooms, but I never heard about indigenous Siberians using marijuana. Not many of them around anymore.

Southern China is another story. I definitely heard Han Chinese people in Yunnan Province say they associate marijuana with the "Small Tribes" in that area, and neighboring Guangxi.

Last edited:
I'm surprised there isn't more opiate addiction in Asia, tons of wild areas to grow dank poppies, and their culture is so uptight they need some good dope. But nooooo they all do speed/meth and go to work to be more productive. Idk what the right way to do drugs is, but getting high specifically to go to work is ridiculous

I'm surprised there isn't more opiate addiction in Asia

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3535959

"During the 1970s the abuse of heroin and other opiates emerged as a serious problem of epidemic nature, predominantly affecting young people in many countries of South-East Asia. While opiates, including heroin, have been abused by inhaling and by smoking, there has recently been an increasing trend towards injecting heroin of high purity (80-90 per cent pure heroin). Heroin addiction spread first to the populations of capital cities and then to other cities and towns and even to the hill tribes, as studies in Thailand have revealed. Most recent studies have shown that heroin abuse has spread further in Asia, both socially and geographically, involving such countries as India and Sri Lanka, which had no previous experience with the problem."

Drug Tourism Locations and Experience?

I'm really interested in taking a vacation and trying out a local cultures drugs. Whether it be a psychedelic trip on ayahuasca or however you spell it in south america, to opium in the middle east (if things ever stop being batshit crazy over there), to southeast asia's yaba. I am just curious if any of you have had any experience with drug tourism? or maybe know someone who has. I've read articles about it but the few that are written on the subject seem very anti-drug and I am having a hard time taking the legitimacy of it and am wondering if the writer is just exaggerating for a "good story". If you have partaken in another cultures drugs whether of it been your main goal in the vacation or not I would love to hear some stories and know where any of you have travelled!

I thought I give some of my experience.
I'm an Australian born chinese living in North Queensland. Weed and Meth is extremely prevalent, Weed is mainly grown locally either hydro or some people just grow it in their backyard. It's almost always indica or a hybrid that is very heavily indica. Quality fluctuates from shit, to pretty good. You basically play roulette whenever you buy some as there is no such thing as strains.

Meth is called either "speed" when powdered and cut to shit, or "ice" when in crystal form, ice is usually much more expensive than speed which is obviously to be expected. It's mainly made by bikies and sold mainly to white trash bogans.

E is pretty easy to come by although it's usually pretty weak, I don't use it, but my brother had to take two to get a good roll going.

LSD, Shroom and DMT are easy and cheap if you know the right people.

I don't know about benzo's and opiates except that Heroin has not been spotted in my town since the late 90s.

Cocaine prices are falling and purity rising, but its still pretty shit and really expensive.

Meth, E, Weed, LSD, DMT and Shrooms are like 2x more expensive here than in the US though, but so's video games and cars. Apparently it's due to the fact that our minimum wage is so high. $15.91 an hour.

Open air dealing is very rare besides for some sketchy guy trying to sell you E at a nightclub area. Deal's are mainly made by calling them and meeting them at a public place, your home, or rarely, their home.

My cousins live in malaysia and I know something of the scene there. They are all potheads and weed there is dirt cheap. Think an ounce for 1/2 of what I heard it normally costs in California although quality is usually not that great. Their meth comes in pill form called "Shabu", is extremely potent and very cheap. You can buy a pill to tweak for 12 hours cheaper than I can buy a Big Mac here. I know heroin is apparently pretty common and cheap there as well. Although punishment there is very harsh, (death penalty for trafficking, long jail terms for possession) the police are lazy and very corrupt so they hardly ever prosecute anyone. If you're white however watch out, catching a foreigner = either a huge bribe or a promotion. So if you can't pay the officer off before you go into the system, they'll happily throw you in jail for the next 10 years of your life. Many dealers operate with the permission of the local police in exchange for throwing them a tourist or businessman every now and then. Most city centre especially Kuala Lumpur's are pretty well policed so watch out. However, if you go into a poorer local neighbourhood, police literally never come by unless it's like a murder. There are many dealers that sit all day at local food courts there dealing shabu if you know how to spot them.

Last edited:
Netherlands (near Amsterdam): Don't buy on the street, because you will get scammed. If you buy at parties you probably will get decent products, although I've never tried that. The best way is getting to know a dealer. This is not hard, in most outgoing young groups of friends at least 2-3 people will know someone or multiple people who sell drugs. Because we can have our drugs legally tested for purity quality is generally pretty good. Dealers that I've met were generally pretty nice. I don't think many people get robbed or whatever, unless of course you're being stupid and buying off random people in the street who ask if you want to buy cocaine.

Most popular drug (after weed probably) by far is MDMA. Pills are very good at the moment (very often 200mg+) and almost never contain any adulterants. They are cheap (so cheap that what you have in your wallet at any point will probably be enough to buy some pills). MDMA crystals are also pretty widely available. Among young people, XTC use is often accepted. I used to work at a bank inbound callcenter where most employees were between 20 and 35 and when I got to know them it turned out a large amount of them regularly used XTC. As XTC use here started in the 90's the 30-35 year olds also often had a LOT of XTC experience.

Speed (amphetamine) is also pretty widely available, but varies a bit more in quality. It's important to find a consistent dealer or get it tested. It is even cheaper (the change in your pocket will suffice for a gram). Meth is available but not considered desirable by most people and mainly used by speed addicts. I think most people don't even know that it's available here, although they know of its existence through the documentaries and news about the USA.

Mushrooms have been outlawed, but truffles are still legal.

Other popular drugs are GHB, coke (not very pure most of the time, crack is heavily taboo), ketamine (can be hard to find). LSD or 2c-b are also not too hard to get but a bit less popular. Heroin use is heavily frowned upon and only used in the heroin scene (mostly older addicts). It's probably easy to get if you know some users but I've never really been interested.

RC's are not very popular (probably because illegal drugs are easy to find), but I think at the moment 4-FA is rising in popularity. Mephedrone never really took off.

Police won't bother you too much in general, the policy is to prioritize catching dealers and if they catch you with certain (small and predetermined, for example 2 XTC pills or 1 gram of speed max) amounts of hard drugs they won't prosecute.

Drugs that are virtually unheard of here are PCP, "bath salts" (MDPV and related chemicals), prescription opiates (at least as far as I know, but maybe it's more prevalent in the closed heroin scene), DXM.

Last edited:
I've had a bit of experience getting drugs overseas.

In Australia it's not an open-air market but it's still always around. You kind of have to ingratiate yourself and from your weed dealer you'll meet a coke dealer etc.
In England I've had a couple of 'rude-boys' come up to me and try and sell me weed which was fairly surprising.
In Belgium there was a certain street some locals directed me to and there were a bunch of dealers openly selling on the street. They handed me a few grams while a family walked by and the family didn't even look surprised.
In India and Thailand the pharmacies there are incredibly lax and don't care what they give to who.
In South Africa it was mental. In the rougher suburbs people would knock on your car door trying to sell coke. You could get anything there with ease.

There are parts of the Middle East you can go to that are safe and set you up with Heroin but India is a better/safer option if you want to go on a binge.

I've heard really negative things about the South America drug tourism industry. Mainly that it's frequented by VERY middle-class people 'living on the edge' and that they're a complete buzz kill. I've also heard that they're incredibly expensive and you can have a much better time if you just do a little bit of research while you're there. However I've never been on one, this is just what a few friends who went on a trip to South America told me.

Dude... Have you ever travelled? A lot of places are actually MORE liberal about drugs than the U.S., especially Europe and certain latin American countries.

But in general, yeah, the 'scene' does vary quite a bit from country to country.

And you don't find some countries where drugs are really hard to come by, like Saudi Arabia and Singapore, because the drug laws are INSANELY strict.

I have been in Sweden a while and still have not found a coke connection here. It friggin SUCKS!!! :(

in case anyone's interested about the drug scene here... it's all about open air market here, where you can get weed, coke and crack, the main drugs. and damn this shit is so fuckin cheap, (trying not to be too specific, sorry if it is characterized as price discussion) the price of a big mac and fries is almost enough to buy a gram of coke, and enough to buy like ~5g of weed.

if you want some fancy drugs though, like acid or ecstasy, then you'd need some connects. and that shit is fucking expensive, like one ecstasy pill is more expensive than a gram of coke, and a hit of acid, even more expensive.

benzos you'd better know a doctor or someone who knows a doctor. heroin and opiates are non-existant - there is not even slang for heroin, it's something we only see in the movies.