• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Experiment Thead - New Formulation Oxycodone Extraction

Defeating the new Oxycontin OP

Hi All
Just thought I would share my experience with defeating the new Oxy OP
I find if I just put it in my mouth and suck on it like a cough drop it will desalve completely
in about 40 minutes.
The main thing is you have to be patience and resist the urge to chew it which
will only brake it in to small pieces ( you don't this ) and swallow it
just sort of keep moving it around in your mouth and gently suck on I like a hard candy.
I know to some 40 minutes is a lifetime but I find that the above method work very well
and gets me very loaded. it would be a drag with more then one though I think.
The great thing about this method is you do not need any thing else like
solvents, soaks and the like.
Hope this help!
Joaz http://i.bluelight.ru/pi/12.gif

I just got done doing this :)

I personally just grind it into a powder in a cup and pour a bit of boiling water in. mix it up until there is nothing left but liquid and drink it.

There is a thread dedicated to defeating the OP time release mechanism in Other Drugs - I'll merge this in :)

BDD > OD

______________________Experiment____________________________________

1 40 mg op ground down to a fine powder using
a grater from the dollar store..The Powder was placed
in a baking pan and put in toaster oven till golden brown.

After removing from oven ..Pan was placed in freezer for
5 min until pan cooled.Pan was then removed from freezer.
And pill contents scraped with plastic scraper ..and placed
on smooth picture surface to dry completly

Ater drying for 5 minutes,,pill contents were added
to baby food jar and 1 inch of acetone was added..
Contents of jar was stired and agitated for 5 minutes..

Upon careful inspection..acetone had turned a light yellow color
and pill binders had separated and remained solid..

This mixture including the binders was then dumped into pyrex
cooking pan and placed on med/high heat on hot plate.I went out to
have a smoke and came back .Much to my surprise eveything was
evaporated ..leaving a hardened looking residue on bottom of pan.

It was my intention to simmer this mixture to remove anything inside
the binders.But everything was melted.Back to the freezer with the pan .
Then removed scraped up and snorted. (image 1 was the result)

Having snorted over a hundred 40 mg pills ,with this new crisping method
i was certain that this buzz was stronger and a bit more spacy.Definitly
without any time release.

The same exact procedure was repeated with another pill only this
time after agtating and stiring the mixture.The mixture was strained
though a napkin into the pyrex pan removing the visible hardened binders.

This was evaporated and the resulting mixture is seen in the last pic
Finshed product on the left ,and removed binders on the right.
Product was snorted and instant rush achieved,just like th old pills.

Thoughts___________________________________________

The final product is a bit soft ,and i believe with another wash of some type
crystals could be formed for a purer product at the loss of some
weight..But the main conclusion is im high as shit...

Someone please try this experiment ..and tell me this is not
just like the old ones ..It works!!!

" I have images to go with this post,but haven't figured out how to add them yet"

Thanks Tricomb ....i thought ya'll hosted images here..Anyhow ......Im back from overnight shift at work...
Here are some images related to my extraction above.......

1 First one "Baked in the pan" ..This pan i have used to crisp 100-200 op 40's for snorting..Here is
the pill baked just past golden brown to caramel color

Pan.jpg

2 This picture is the pill after being baked/crisped ,dried but before adding solvent

beforeSolvent.jpg

3 This is a picture of the finished product of the first run,with binders included (the entire pill)
.It dried to a thin coating on the bottom of the pyrex dish.

1strun.jpg

4 And this is the finshed product of the second run ,finshed product on left and
removed pill binders on the right

finished.jpg

I can def tell from testing these mixtures that the time release is broken.With
the finished product ,when water or saliva is added .It completly dissolves with no
solid substance behind.

I felt really high last night at work most of the night...I just want to make sure .That
my buzz was not affected in some way by residual acetone ..I am using clean strip
brand from home depot..I have used this with cannibis extractions in the past with excellent
results....

I would like to somehow wash a batch of the finished mixture with something to removed the
"possible" residue from the acetone..If anyone has any ideas on how to proceed ..please mention
it.......

Whilst this may not be exactly perfect ,it has def removed one or some of the pill constituents.
Its not perfect ,but i think were on the right track and its real close...I'm reasonably convinced
by the high i got,that this could very well get up to 70-80% of the oxycodone....If anone has any
suggestions or advice ,please let us all know...

I thought that the binders pile ,looks to be to much material.To be just the outside wax coating on the pill.I'll have to try this again ..Removing the orange coating 1st ,to be sure....

okay well i didnt read every post on here so I dont know if anyone else knows about or wrote something on this method, BUTTTT I do know of an actual effective way to be able to grind up an OP80 so you can hoot it.. Iv done it many times and it TRULY does work.

real simple.---
1. Break or cut the pill in half and put it on a dinner plate (glass)
2. put it in the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds.
3. immediately take it out and put in in the freezer for about a minute.
4. repeat this process about 5 times. (5 times in the microwave, and 5 times in the freezer) total of ten..
5. grind the pill up with a foot file.
ALL DONE, now snort.. haha

P.s. you can do the microwave/freezer process as many time as you like until you think the pill is pretty easy to shave down.

Thanks Tricomb ....i thought ya'll hosted images here..Anyhow ......Im back from overnight shift at work...
Here are some images related to my extraction above.......

1 First one "Baked in the pan" ..This pan i have used to crisp 100-200 op 40's for snorting..Here is
the pill baked just past golden brown to caramel color

Pan.jpg

2 This picture is the pill after being baked/crisped ,dried but before adding solvent

beforeSolvent.jpg

3 This is a picture of the finished product of the first run,with binders included (the entire pill)
.It dried to a thin coating on the bottom of the pyrex dish.

1strun.jpg

4 And this is the finshed product of the second run ,finshed product on left and
removed pill binders on the right

finished.jpg

I can def tell from testing these mixtures that the time release is broken.With
the finished product ,when water or saliva is added .It completly dissolves with no
solid substance behind.

I felt really high last night at work most of the night...I just want to make sure .That
my buzz was not affected in some way by residual acetone ..I am using clean strip
brand from home depot..I have used this with cannibis extractions in the past with excellent
results....

I would like to somehow wash a batch of the finished mixture with something to removed the
"possible" residue from the acetone..If anyone has any ideas on how to proceed ..please mention
it.......

Whilst this may not be exactly perfect ,it has def removed one or some of the pill constituents.
Its not perfect ,but i think were on the right track and its real close...I'm reasonably convinced
by the high i got,that this could very well get up to 70-80% of the oxycodone....If anone has any
suggestions or advice ,please let us all know...

Looks like leaf from Acapulco Gold !

I have been reading some of these threads and been laughing my ass off while I'm abusing my OP's. There is a simple way to extract oxycodone from the OP's with some basic skills. I will reveal how I have been doing it for the last year. Lets call it the J5 method...... First go find some 100% IPA. Most are 99% and may have water that will not work. ISO HEET (red bottle) is 99% IPA with 1% being oil. I buy this and distill the oil from it leaving me with pretty damn pure IPA. I then grind my OP's real fine and soak in the IPA in a sealed container over night. Next day filter through coffee filter into a pyrex dish and evaporate off the IPA. Your finished product will be pure and all accounted for. Your welcome world and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

Just ordered 99.8% IPA....Will be trying this method in the next couple weeks...Will post the results ,,,Thanks for sharing the knowledge.......

should've bought anhydrous.... That 0.2% is probably going to ruin your extraction.

I read a somewhat cryptic post on another board that referred to the article "Unusual Phase Behavior in Mixtures of Poly(ethylene oxide) and Ethyl Alcohol" which you can currently find at http://www.ncnr.nist.gov/staff/hammouda/publications/2006_ho_j_polym_sci.pdf

Basically after reading the article it seems like it might be possible to put a milled or perhaps even unmilled Oxycontin OP into truly anhydrous ethanol and heat it to 70 C so the PEO becomes miscible and the oxycodone and other ingredients less soluble in ethanol can be filtered out cleanly. Note that once the PEO becomes miscible the temperature can fall to as little as 40 C before it is expected to revert back to the crystalline polymer phase so there would be plenty of time to filter a reasonably cool mixture. No idea if that would work but thought I'd throw it out there.

Last edited:
I find that this is all good with practile pouporse HOWEVER Can anyone tell me how to find a simple unavasive method of helping myself through a decent withdrawl . over or under the counter I can only expect a life of hell without some or any recource

I find that this is all good with practile pouporse HOWEVER Can anyone tell me how to find a simple unavasive method of helping myself through a decent withdrawl . over or under the counter I can only expect a life of hell without some or any recource thanks [email protected]

If you have health insurance the easiest way is to find a psychiatrist who specializes in chemical dependency/addiction and ask to go on subutex/suboxone (buprenorphine). It's an opiate that will replace oxycodone and is legal to be prescribed in the US for withdrawal (I think you'd be on it for about a week) or long term opiate substitution therapy (like methadone).

You can also taper off whatever you're taking but that takes real discipline and a willingness to endure mild withdrawal symptoms for the duration of the taper (vs. severe symptoms for less time). Loperamide and ibuprofen may help. I'd avoid benzodiazepines cause it seems like some opiate users are prone to picking up a serious benzo habit in short time.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the SMART recovery program ( www.smartrecovery.org ). It looks like a good program and doesn't get into all the god/higher power stuff.

I hope you succeed. If you want it enough and are able to resolve your underlying issues then it is possible.

Last edited:
Oxycodone is listed as "practically insoluble" in anhydrous ether - perhaps the correct extraction method is to try to dissolve the binders in the ether and hope the OC precipitates. I have some lab grade Anhyd. Ether laying around, so as soon as I find a suitable glass container to pour it and the OC powder into and let them soak I will test and report back.

I copied and pasted this from another site. I did not write this, but it may work.

ok guys... im not going to start sucking my own dick yet, but i think i got this down to a workable solution.

lemme start by saying that everything that i have read about extracting these goddamn pills is garbage... the guy that thinks 'crisping' (what a fucking homo term. when i put something in the oven or microwave till it turns brown, i call that burning shit) works if a fucking retard. the worst fucking idea since extracting chicken feed.

and then we have the other guy that says xylene will extract the oxycodone. i wont even bother...

i tried all of them and none of them worked as advertised. so i took my ideas and pill back to the drawing board...

here is what i came up with. its relatively simple, OTC, and doesnt take too long to get something usable. the hardest part of this technique getting the pill ground up. i really cant believe how hard these muthafuckers are. ive tried everything from hose clamps and pedeggs to microplainers and bean grinders... nothing is 'efficient' at separating the pills. i will work on getting that figured out, but in the meantime...

you need a couple shot glasses, a couple q-tips, 91% IPA, atmospherically wet acetone (yes, this time you dont want it dry as fuck; go figure), a glass or pyrex evaporation dish, a blowdryer, and a rig with the needle removed or an irrigation syringe.

grind up the pill (however you want and with whatever you can) it should bee pretty fine. the GUP is similar to eraser dust in consistency... very elastic. it smells funny too. place it or them (jb did 2 80s to start) in the shot glass

cover the pill mass with the wet acetone. how much water was in your wet acetone? fuck, i dont know, but what i do know is that it wasnt fit to wash meth with cause it was too wet. its just had the lid left open too many times for typical usage. keep it cool with the fridge while sitting and keep some acetone in the freezer for additional needs. this pill shit is weird and very picky. let it sit for 15 minutes giving it a stir and a swirl with a SS rod or similar. keep it covered while your extracting so the acetone doesnt evap.

remove the acetone carefully without getting any of the particulate in your acetone. jb allowed it to settle, decanted carefully, then sucked the rest up. take the q-tip and tear of a ball, then suck the remaining acetone up thru the cotton. save the acetone...

cover with more acetone again and repeat the last step a total of 3 times. pool this extract with the first extract. i dont know how many is ideal, but jb did this routine 4 times. the 3rd and 4th pulls were not pooled and were done separately to compare amounts. the 3rd did have something, but the 4th was nothing more than a yellow ring or residue.

take your combined extracts and place them on a pyrex pie plate or similar. we are going to let the acetone dry off. this was done with light heat, but nothing over 125f or open flames. when your done, you will have a pile of semi-xtyline material and something rubbery. im not sure what it is, but i think (think) its PEG. here is what worked best...

take the plate with the xtyl mass and extract the contents with very cold IPA. jb poured in a shot glass full and swirled it around, then propped the plate on a towel while the alcohol was with that needless rig and cotton.

now, evap the alcohol. viola! now you have a xtylized shot glass... not much material, but were only working with 160mgs to begin with. suck up some water in your rig and wash the walls of the glass with this water. toss in a cotton ball and suck up the water and bang it in your neck... you will notice that its feels vaguely like shooting oxycodone. Smiley

whooo! what a fucking chore... i cant wait till they release those 60mg OIRs, cause this oxycontin shit is for the birds.

results must bee repeatable to bee acceptable and conclusive... so now someone else give this a go so i can give myself some slow head.

here is what i've been able to learn through a little bit of research.
"Solubility All grades of polyethylene glycol are soluble in water and miscible in all proportions with other polyethylene glycols (after melting, if necessary). Aqueous solutions of higher molecular-weight grades may form gels. Liquid polyethylene glycols are soluble in acetone, alcohols, benzene, glycerin, and glycols. Solid polyethylene glycols are soluble in acetone, dichloromethane, ethanol (95%), and methanol; they are slightly soluble in aliphatic hydrocarbons and ether, but insoluble in fats, fixed oils, and mineral oil"
"OxyContin controlled-release tablets contain oxycodone HCl and are prepared using the AcroContin delivery system, which is an improvement upon the Contin system.[12] The AcroContin system provides a biphasic absorption profile due to both an immediate release of drug within one hour, which cannot be achieved using the Contin system, and a prolonged release over 12 hours. This system uses a dual-controlled matrix consisting of 2 hydrophobic polymers (ammonio methacrylate copolymer).[3] After ingestion, the GI fluid dissolves the tablet coating, exposing the hydrophobic acrylic matrix. An initial amount of oxycodone (~30-40% of the respective dose[23]) is immediately released upon contact with the GI fluid, which begins channeling into the pores of the tablet matrix. This immediate-release component is much greater than that of Avinza (~10% of the respective dose).[20] As GI fluid enters the tablet matrix, it dissolves the entrapped drug, which slowly diffuses out of the matrix pores. Oxycodone release from the tablets is pH independent, which allows for a uniform release throughout the GI tract. Since the matrix is hydrophobic and does not dissolve, patients should be advised that they may pass empty tablets or "ghosts" in the stool or via colostomy, and that this is not a concern since the active ingredient has already been released from the tablet."
"Polyethylene glycol is insoluble in mineral and vegetable oils.
Note - opiates burn off at 80 degrees Celsius or 176 F what i did was take the final solutions and put in a pot of water with a thermometer in it and making sure it does not go above 76C.
Note - PEG 400 is soluble in water, acetone, alcohols, benzene, glycerin, glycols, and aromatic hydrocarbons, and is slightly soluble in. aliphatic hydrocarbons
Note – all PEGs are soluble in
Acetone, alcohol, chlorophorm, ethylene glycol monoethyl ether, ethyl acetate, toluene,
Note – all PEGs are insoluble in
Ether, hexane
Note - high solubility of Tylenol in alcohol and the low solubility of Oxycodone HCl in the same.
Note – no mention of solubility in Chlorophorm and ether for oxycodone hcl"
I know that trying to extract something when both solutes are soluble in the same solution is not going to work to well. from my research it seems that oxycodone hcl is not soluble in chloroform, but both solid and liquid polyethylene glycos is soluble in chlorophorm. problem is i can't find enough chlorophorm to do this extraction.
the only other thing i know of that might be worth looking into is gastric acid. the only thing i've seen that is soluble with oxycodone hcl but not soluble with PEGs (polyethylen glycos) which is composed of hydrochloric acid and a few other compounds. all i'm really going for here is a 70 to 80 % return, so i can IV, or do nasally. if any of this info is wrong please let me know. i'm thinking we might ought to look into freeze filtering too. please let me know if you've tried any of these and how they worked. i read previouse post but would like to here some fresh input,