Votes: 62 17.2%
  • I am female and do not want kids

Votes: 38 10.6%
  • I am female and am undecided yet

Votes: 22 6.1%
  • I am male and am undecided yet

Votes: 34 9.4%

• Total voters
My elder daughter was an "accident", and my now-husband and I were both 19 at the time, living together but unmarried.

It absolutely does not mean we love her any less! And it certainly doesn't mean we love our other daughter (who was fervently planned) more or better.

Re: Difference between gender outlook on kids:

My mom used to tell me , women are mature and ready for kids @ 25 and men @ 45

lol

;)

Ever since I can remember, I've been saying I don't want kids.
I even wanted to get my tubes tied. I mean, would you really want another little me?

Lately tho, I dunno....maybe, just maybe some day.

BTW I am not good with kids. I usually go insane after more than 1/2 hr around one.

undecided.

aunty establishment said:
*puts hand up for "fence-sitter"*

I like about 1% of kids I see running around the place and I very much doubt I have the personality to produce a child within that 1%.

My current position is best expressed by Paul Giamatti in Sideways - "Nah, I'd only fuck 'em up!"

Couldn't agree more. I never really liked kids even when i was a kid LOL. As it is i'm pretty damn near menopause anyway lol so it aint gonna happen if I can help it....in fact i wouldn't want to inflict me on any poor damn kid =D

Also...you have to think 'could i be responsible for this person mentally/emotionall/physically...' or whatever. Since I can do that barely for myself...hmm i'd have to say no :\

One good thing...at least all the relos have finally quit saying "Oh, you'll feel different when your older....." at last!

One good thing...at least all the relos have finally quit saying "Oh, you'll feel different when your older....." at last!

YES!! The feeling will change with age bullshit. Now I get "good for you!" on a solid decision.

What are relos?

2004family__duggar.jpg

^^^ and they had another one since

I've said it before and I'll say it again...anna has the most GORGEOUS babies i've seen on here.
1670142663689l.jpg

Definitely. But not before I'm ready financially and emotionally. I may never feel like I am and therefore never have kids but I would love to one day.

OMG i sooo dont want kids. Im 26 nearly 27 and nothing has kinda " HIT " me yet. To be honest, I doubt it ever will.
I just dont have any urge, I think it would be stressful, uncomfortable and its just not me.

64tf said:
And women want kids about age 3

Ah that's a load of bullshit 64tf ;) As I said, I had absolutely ZILCH maternal instinct until I hit the downside of my 20's... then it hit me like an unexpected (and not entirely welcome mind you) freight train.

Biology has a lot to answer for :X

I was (and still am) like up all night, in the sense that I REALLY want to be prepared for kids... but I've heard from many different sources that you can never really be prepared. You deal with it when it comes along, whatever your circumstances.

I'm not one who thinks *everyone* should propogate, and I certainly don't think you are inadequate or somehow flawed if you don't... in fact, 10 years ago I was contemplating what a sweet life I would have if I didn't ;), and I don't think you should be castigated for making what actually is a very personal decision like that.

But it's beyond my control... something in me has snapped. It doesn't for all women (Mooshie and Perpetual Indulgence for example); maybe that is nature's way of ensuring the survival of the species in some women, but not in others. I really feel like it is my destiny now, and this is one of the sweetest and most rewarding things I can imagine in my future. Having a little chubby, tiny hand grasp mine and know that those bones, that skin, that flesh, is from my own womb and this little human being is my privilage to guide through the world... oh... I can't wait. It's like Christmas. :)

Each to their own.

each to their own.... :)

MooShiE said:
OMG i sooo dont want kids. Im 26 nearly 27 and nothing has kinda " HIT " me yet. To be honest, I doubt it ever will.
I just dont have any urge, I think it would be stressful, uncomfortable and its just not me.

She's talking about the labour ;).

SOOK.

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
Am I the only one who finds it heartening how many guys want to have kids eventually? ;) ;)

:)

Yes, I noticed that, too :)

When I found out I was pregnant I was soooo freaked out. My husband wasn't home and I couldn't get ahold of him on the phone, so I just sat on the couch hoping that somehow the test was wrong, because I wasn't ready for a kid. When he finally got home and I told him, he just got this big smile on his face and said, "honey, that's great!":) In our case he was definitely the one who was more ready to be a parent.

ChemicalBeauty said:
One day; more than anything.

I swear on my unborn son's eyes that as I just read the thread title, I pressed "Post Reply" with the intention of entering the exact twenty-eight characters ChemicalBeauty did . . . right down to the semi-colon.

I can't think of a more fitting way to thank my incredible father for all of his love and guidance than to challenge myself to make a similar contribution.

The fact that the world is overpopulated and full of potential pitfalls has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I can attempt to improve this imperfect world by increasing its population by one QUALITY human being.

I was weary of having kids for years but since ive turned 21 ive had a change of heart. At first I thought I might want a son, but I DEFINETELY want a little girl now. Daddys little girl!! Id spoil her so.... But not untill im at least 30. I want to have some more fun still.

There's an article since yesterday out there (by AP) called "Post-tsunami baby boom on the horizon". It's about many grieving mothers and fathers who are struggling to replace a lost generation in Indonesia. Reading the article I find it funny (can't help it) on how some of the wannabe parents are so desperate to have kids that will help them forget the loss they have encountered: ""I will wait for some time," she says. "If I am not pregnant again, I will kill myself." Jesus. You can read the article here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10371953/

Also, all of you who are still undecided, you have to check this hilarious site out, that shows what you might getting yourself into: http://www.handpen.com/Bio/children.htm