• I am female and do not want kids

Votes: 38 10.6%
  • I am female and am undecided yet

Votes: 22 6.1%
  • I am male and am undecided yet

Votes: 34 9.4%

• Total voters
Thanks SLM and Crystalcalls !

I figured with some pics I might swing a few BL'ers to the other side.

=D ;)

mariposa420 said:
You're wonderful. <3 Have I told you that lately? *huggles*

thank you dear <3 :)

Crazeee your daughter is aboslutely one of the cutest babies ive ever seen :D

I am almost 33 and never felt any biological clock screaming to want babies. I knew around 18 that raising children was not for me.

I work in pediatrics. Perhaps that is where I get my biological baby fill and also reinforcement for birth control.

When I look at cute baby photos, I feel the same way as if I was looking at cute kitten/puppy shots. Although, I would rather pick up a kitten than a baby.

Yes eventually someday I would like to have a child, either sex, it doesn't matter.

drug_wench said:
i never want children - i know its horrible but wen babies cry i want to smash them
i wud b a baby beater, and my kids wud b born on drugs......and id abandon them......id b a sucky parent
i am bordering on paranoid about getting pregnant lol

I think alot of people feel thsi way....maybe not to that degree (i know ur exaggerating but...)

But i think theres a certain degree of an instinctual desire to care for ur own....i know there is exceptions but i know qite a few people who thought they would be horrible parents and did not want children, turn into wonderful caring ones.....

I definitely want a kid.

Doesn't even matter if it's a boy or a girl . . . just as long as it's white.

I voted yes, i qwould love a little boy, then a girl after =D, i wonder what my reaction will be when they start (if) using drugs

I have two babes already, and I would love to have one more, though my husband would like two more. They are the sweetest little people, watching them grow and learn is just fascinating. I just look so forward to all of the exciting things we'll be able to do together in life, and the sort of life they'll make for themselves later on.

I would like to have a son one day, but if I don't I'm not going to be torn apart by it.

lily250905.jpg

goct2005.jpg

There is nothing more challenging nor more rewarding than watching your own children develop. My elder daughter has started singing and saying "I love you mum!" and it is truly the best thing I've ever heard. Nothing compares!

I'm doing a contract assignment for someone who's on maternity leave at present. She brought her 4 week old baby girl in today.

My ovaries ached a little bit. :)

Crazeee and anna - your babies are sooooo adorable! anna, they're getting so big!

mariposa420 said:
hanlons_razor - there are many older children/young adolescents who would love to become part of your family. Most people find the idea of adopting an infant most appealing, so a lot of older kids fall between the cracks. I admire your dedication and if you can support an older kid and have an interest, I'd encourage you to pursue it, because kids of all ages need love. <3

Yeah that's what I was thinking of. Part of it is selfish. I don't do diapers. I don't do little kids with runny noses. I can't stand little kids for more than about the 3 hours I work a day.

But an older kid is less...active responsibility. You have to make sure that the kid is well provided for, but they're completely capable of doing everything themselves. They don't NEED you the same way a 5 year old needs you. You can work with a 13 year old, they can let themselves in, they can fix themselves an after-school snack, they can get things done, you don't have to worry about being there all the time for them-you can still have a life with a 13 year old compared to a 5 year old that's constantly needing you because they haven't yet learned things like how to work a stove (nor would I leave a 5 year old with a stove) etc, etc. It's a lot more passive responsibility-taking control of and care of the kid without them needing you to do everything-the only thing you need to provide is love and compassion, and of course the resources.

You just have to keep the kid on the right path and keep them well-cared for. They're almost adults, they can take care of themselves for a couple of hours after school, not like a little kid.

I don't really want kids now, but I know I will eventually. No preference (boy, girl), just a kid or two.

at the moment i cant handle the youngens
as in, from ages 2 - 14
but then again, i'm still a child myself...things change

I'm pregnant with my first child right now, and I just found out we're having a boy :) .I've always wanted kids, but i never thought I was ready. I didn't really plan on getting pregnant right now, but I was off the pill for a couple of months (after being on several different kinds over the last 5 years and having problems with all of them) and it happened :\ . I want at least one more kid, hopefully a girl, but not for a few more years!

Even though I was anxious about it at first, seeing the sonogram pictures and hearing the baby's heartbeat the first time made me so happy. It's so amazing to know that another life is growing inside you. I know that's such a total cliche but it's really true.

I didn't want kids till about age 23. At 18 I even looked into getting a vasicamy. In hind sight I'm glad I didn't. My wife and I are looking forward to having kids now, and I can't imagine it being any other way.

therollingstoner said:
I voted no. What would interesting to know is why those who voted no children voted that way.

I voted no because I don't think this world is fit for children.

I too think it is egocentric to have kids, especially if you are having kids for your legacy even naming them Joe Blo Jr. or Joe Blo III.

I'd rather adopt, teach kids or have young room-mates. I think it would be so cool to have a twelve room house or dormotory to raise foster kids.

I also don't think I have the love for children.

My parents told me I was an "accident" they did not plan on having me so soon after marriage.

I was an accident. I don't think that's something to be worried about. Actually all my parnets children were accidents.