Votes: 62 17.2%
  • I am female and do not want kids

Votes: 38 10.6%
  • I am female and am undecided yet

Votes: 22 6.1%
  • I am male and am undecided yet

Votes: 34 9.4%

• Total voters
There is such a thing as free will, but it's just instinct to want to. Everyone I know that doesn't want kids has admitted to wanting them every now and then..

Not everyone should have kids, hell no! I think that is apparent from the idiots out there with kids. Too bad we don't have to get a license! :D

i reckon i do. i cannot imagine something more wonderful than having kids with the man i love

i'm almost 24 and i definitely want to have kids at some point, but not for a while. i need to get my carreer established first. plus, i feel like i'm still too young and selfish to be that dedicated.

my parents didn't have my brother and i until they were in their 30s. i don't have a problem with waiting that long. as time goes one, i'm sure i'll know when the right time is.

i want kids because i LOVE them. i'm a teacher now, and while it sometimes feels like i have 15 kids of my own, nothing can compare to being a mother.

i would say, i definitely DONT want to get pregnant. ever. the whole process is SO unappealing and the last month or two, pregnant women just never look comfortable. also, im going to have a doctorate degree, and the profession im going into, ive heard, u cant have both a family AND a career. one or the other is going to suffer :(

turnandburn said:
i would say, i definitely DONT want to get pregnant. ever. the whole process is SO unappealing (

hmmmm, thats a good point actually.

OK, I agree...........I dont want to get pregnant either.

Beatlebot said:
Ha! I'm 25 and I think my ovaries are starting to make noises

Also 25 and it started right around my 25th birthday. I wonder if there are any studies that have been done on this - at what age does fertility start to decline?

And I agree with RC that it would be good if people had to have a license to procreate. Not sure how that would be enforced, though. ;)

I'm content not to have them for a few more years; I want to finish school and travel first. It's not impossible to do with babies in tow but definitely more difficult.

Wow that IS weird... for all three of us 25 was the turning point! It was right on or around my 25th birthday too. And not a subtle thing either - a real, burning, sudden need. It eased off and has ebbed and flowed over the last 5 years but I distinctly remember a sudden, aching, animal-like desire to have a baby when I turned 25. I thought I was going nuts :D

Beatlebot said:
Yeah I kind of messed up the poll. I was going to have an undecided option but I forgot and now I can't edit it :\

I swing mostly to the not having kids side. But sometimes I think, what if?

So I'm not sure.

Ditto.

Yay! I was able to edit the poll for you BB (gotta love these new Senior mod powars!), so I've added "undecided" options for both sexes. Sorry to those who have already voted.

Last edited:
Must be something about turning 25 because I turned 25 this year and its like all of a sudden I get gooey when I see new babies and I have a yearning to have one myself!!!!.

*puts hand up for "fence-sitter"*

I like about 1% of kids I see running around the place and I very much doubt I have the personality to produce a child within that 1%.

My current position is best expressed by Paul Giamatti in Sideways - "Nah, I'd only fuck 'em up!"

when im financially well off enough to support them and married with the woman I love (who ever she is), definitely. looking forward to it even.

I feel that I would be a good father if I had to be; my ex had two kids that lived with us on weekends, and I was always extremely responsible and nurturing and blah blah blah....given the choice though, I would much rather not have to be that person. I enjoy not having to think about anybody other than myself.

Fortunately I'm quite homosexual so it's not something which is likely to make itself an issue anytime soon.... ;)

Heh I don't know maybe???

There's still too much that I want to do before I make that step. The scary part is if turn 35, am single and realise that I do want kids but probably won't have any because I don't want to have kids when I'm too old. I think that would make me sad more than anything.

Fuck I turn 25 in a months time, wonder if I'll start getting clucky then?

Absolutely. I always knew I'd have my first child AFTER I turned 30....I never felt pressured about the whole "clock-is-ticking" bullshit women are bombarded with since day 1 (hopefully, this is changing.)

At least now I know I've done everything I want to with my life, I've lived my youth to the fullest and I can honestly say yeah (in roughly 2years) I'll be selfless and responsible enough to care for my very own family with no regrets. And I've found the man I love and want to spend the rest of my life with =D I've had lots of long term , serious relationship in the past but I never wanted a child with any of them. Ever. Until now.

I cant wait =D I love kids! My only fear is I'm going to gain 100000 lbs and not lose it ever ! ( joke...well, i hope that doesnt happen! :X)

19750382127632l.jpg

Yeah I want to have kids, 2 or 3, hopefully 2 boys 1 girl. but i'll be happy with one of each. I really want to be a father actually just not for a while, i need to get my shit together first. I dont think it will be hard for me to find a girl who i will want to have kids with, but i will have trouble finding one girl i'm willing to settle down with for the rest of my life, its a tough commitment...im too young to think about this shit lol.

but most imporantly, im the last male in my family with our last name, so my entire family name sorta rests on my shoulders. I have no brothers, one sister, but shes not gonna have any little G********o's, both my male cousins on my aunts side kept their fathers name when the 'rents split up, and the cousins on the uncles side are 3 girls.

IM THE LAST G********O LEFT!

crystalcallas said:
See? That's one of the 99% I'm talking about. I see it, and I know I'm supposed to think it's cute, but it just looks like a tiny retard in a dumb outfit to me. I know, I know. Hating children makes me evil. I'm sorry. It's just the way I'm wired.

I would however be happy to be a surrogate mum for one of my best friends, who's a puff and hence can't make his own. Whenever he's ready, I'll be armed with my turkey baster.

I've always been no-kids kind'a guy, but I changed my mind after having my daughter :) How can you say "no kids" after seeing her ? ;)

-------->>>

Weee_800x600jpg.jpg