Votes: 62 17.2%
  • I am female and do not want kids

Votes: 38 10.6%
  • I am female and am undecided yet

Votes: 22 6.1%
  • I am male and am undecided yet

Votes: 34 9.4%

• Total voters
I'm to selfish to want kids, im not in the mindset of wanting to give away such a huge chunk of my life.

Might change as I get older. For now I have a puppy.

I do want a family one day so yes if I ever find the right man ill want them until then I prefer to not think about it though.

interesting poll unfortunately i have to do extra math to read it properly cuz it seems to be roughly equal btw women and men its just more men have responded
honestly i am surprised by the amount of women especially who dont want kids because it is a basic instinct, the urge to reproduce
i absolutely want children or a child of my own

Hell no. My attitude has not changed since age 19-20. I will be 40 in a few months.
When you know, you KNOW.

^This^. I've always said I'll never have kids, and being 43 and single now I think the moment's gone anyways. Christ, I'd be past 60 before I could even kick the little shits outta the house! :\ My reasons over the years may have changed. Used to be mainly down to the fact I had a rough childhood and didn't wanna inflict that on another human being had no choice in the matter. I've mellowed with age somewhat and reevaluated my childhood and it weren't so bad as I used to think but these days I feel I couldn't give them all I'd want to to give them the kind of start they'd need in life to navigate a world that seems to be becoming more and more fucked up by the day, and I doubt I'm responsible enough even now to take on that big a responsibility. Never gonna happen. I like kids and enjoy having my young cousins and now nephews in my life and sometimes think I've missed out but not enough to change my mind here. Part of the reason I split with the ex was cos her clock was clearly starting to tick as she passed 30 and she deserves to have the chance of a family with someone actually wants one. That person ain't me. I'm fine with that.

i would love more children. i presently have one; who is just about to enter teenhood; and my biological clock has almost expired (and am also on depo provera for contraceptive purposes to prevent unplanned pregnancy); so have resigned to the notion that wanting more children will probably not occur. i love being a mother; its the one role in life that i have that i am entirely comfortable with and fantastic at. i love to play, teach, cuddle, talk and nurture my daughter; and love learning from her; and about who she is.

i would never have children beyond the age of 40 (although dont judge others who do); simply because i want to be youthful enough to always be there for them; regardless of circumstance. i dont want be 60+ at their 21st birthday and have their friends query if i am their grandmother; rather than their mother. nor do i want to leave them and die or become decrepit while they are young and trying to form and enjoy a life for themselves.

...kytnism...:|

honestly i am surprised by the amount of women especially who dont want kids because it is a basic instinct, the urge to reproduce
i heard that's a pretty shitty film, don't plan on seeing it.
i will contribute to evolution by not breeding. feels better than a base instinct to me.. maybe if i got a lobotomy.

interesting poll unfortunately i have to do extra math to read it properly cuz it seems to be roughly equal btw women and men its just more men have responded

It is so. There is a slight difference, but not statistically significant (lol).
Btw, it always seemed to me that men and women are likely willing to have kids (which could make sense also from a biological point of view, right?)

I've always gone back and forth on this, but the older I get the more I'm leaning towards "yes". I'm naturally empathetic and caring, and my friends tell me that I am very motherly towards the group.

no because im honestly just too selfish and unable to commit to anything, and I wouldnt want to be a deadbeat dad either. If I knocked a girl up I would push for an abortion really hard

Kids are cute but they annoy me, and always have. I would be deeply unhappy and depressed if I ever had to raise kids. I actually had a nightmare a while ago where I was a mother surrounded by 3 or 4 noisy, screaming kids, in a tiny room. I woke up totally panicked! I'm a F in my thirties btw. And no, there is no possibility that I will change my mind due to some mythical 'urge to reproduce'... that expression alone makes me cringe.

No. And it's not because I'm "selfish". Kids are the only thing you can be called selfish for NOT having. Makes no sense.

I think it's pretty selfish to reproduce in a world where millions of kids who already exist need loving homes. IVF and other treatments are even more absurd. I understand the desire to pass on your genetics, but at what cost? If you want to do something truly selfless, adopt. Be a foster parent. Mentor. Pick up a pet from the local shelter. But bringing another baby into a vastly over-populated world is the apex of selfishness.

If you don't have the emotional and financial means to give a child the life they deserve, please don't have one. "My biological clock is ticking" is no reason to have a baby.

(Not judging any of you parents here, just stating the case from a child-free perspective. People--particularly women--get a lot of crap for not wanting kids, and it sucks.)

I was looking at it more like all the money id have to spend on a kid could instead be saved.

id feel bad to pass on all of my negative traits to a child.
then id be afraid i couldn't provide a good enough life for them

i dont want any kid to go through what i have, never mind my own