• EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Dihydrocodeine vs Codeine

which is teh best?

• dihydrocodeine

Votes: 95 79.2%
  • codeine

Votes: 25 20.8%

• Total voters
The coating makes them (MSTs) harder to crush but the wax matrix runs right through them, try cooking one up with the coating removed it still turns to waxy mush.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=520737
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=159184

Well when I had them I snorted them, I didn't bother to try and cook them up.

So what you are saying is that even though the wax coating slides off of the outside, that there is another wax used for binding?

I ask this as the wax coating was blue and the pill underneath was white as white can be and I did not see anything of any other colour inside the pill when crushed.

I'd really appreciate getting to the bottom of this as I have been planning on IV'ing some MST's as I can easily get my hands on them as they are readily available.

TIA.

the outer coating isn't even wax it's some weird kind of papery stuff, the wax is runs through the white bit. MSTs are probably the worst pill I can think of for IVing, there's some tips in those threads for being as safe as possible though.

Never knew it had a name beyond acute toilet-related bashfulness.

I think I prefer acute toilet-related bashfulness.

OCD is a nightmare for public toilets. Why don't pubs put handwash in the toilets?! Seriously, it's like £1 a bottle from ASDA and it'd stop me having to walk home to wash my hands. I've just stopped going to the pub now. Fucking OCD. I try and get it sorted by going to see the doctor and where does she send me? The student guidance office. What is a 'student councillor' going to do to help my OCD? Fucking GPs.

Sorry, the rambles come on heavy late at night. I think this post was on topic when I started. Maybe. I want to change my vote from DHC to codeine. I wanted to believe that I prefer DHC, as it doesn't have the "itchy ceiling dose" of codeine which is 500mg for me also, but it just doesn't give the same buzz as codeine. Oh tolerance, you bastard.

I am talking about plain MST tablets, no time release or any other gubbins.

e2a: Just had my memory jogged in another thread, the pills I can get my hands on are labelled IR, as in instant release.

Does this make a difference to the wax coating/matrix that is used?

e2a: Just had my memory jogged in another thread, the pills I can get my hands on are labelled IR, as in instant release.

If they're IR then what ever way they're put together shouldn't really make a difference. Good job on scoring some Morphine IR... its usually the MsContin you see knocking about.

I took 2 120mg dhc the other day which was way too much for me and felt ill all through the next day. I think 1.5 dhc is ok for me. I dont have enough experience with codeine and dhc to compare tho

Paruresis is actually a phobia, it's the fear of passing water.
Noted; thought it was just a more general medical term, with bashful bladder being referred to specifically as avoidant paruresis. (cf. "anorexia" -- by itself in medical notes, it just means loss of appetite. The eating disorder you're thinking of is anorexia nervosa.) So my attempt to sound all scientificy backfired on me -- serves me right for being stoned I suppose

The main point was, I had difficulty peeing. This also has happened to me (sometimes with greater severity) after consuming other opioids; and as such, I deemed it worthy of mention as probably indicative of opioid effects.

Anyway, public toilet horror stories are pretty much de rigueur for any pre-op. Single-stall disabled facilities are the best ..... now if only I could get over my fear that I'm about to get lynched by an Angry, Desperate Mob with Highly Visible Disabilities on the way out .....

The Napp DHC contin in my experience definitely have the wax matrix running through them. No matter how much you crush them they still stick together a bit. They also don't hit me as strong as DHC IR straight off the bat no matter how much I crush them.

DHC all the way in terms of bang, though it tends to make me vomit like a bitch 6-8 hours after taking it. I like 600mg, no histime reaction.

Have tried plugging DHC by cooking it. It turns to gel and if you don't get your timing right it'll burn yer bum or solidify again making it un-pluggable :\

Whereas codeine I find less euphoric but more comforting - itch like mad on it but I'm never sick.

there's no wax at all in MSIRs afaik, the coating isn't wax either just there to deter crushing/dissolving. I am used to MSTs referring to the contins and MSIRs to the instant release sorry for the confusion :). Injecting pills is still risky biz though and you'd be wise to go for a micron filter or at least something like a stereifilt from exchangesupplies.org.

There's plenty of info on "safe(er)" IV prep and use of pretty much any pharms there are in the OD Directory linky I posted above. And I agree with TM - you are a lucky boy to find IRs. Have only come across the Contins and Oramorph myself - they seem most common by a long way. Sadly.

I would have thought Solpadeine would be about the worst thing you could use as a starting material, as the paracetamol in these is in an especially-soluble form.

Boots sell a pack of 24 tablets containing 500 mg. paracetamol plus 7.46 mg. dihydrocodeine, the right side of £4. That's 179.04 mg. of DHC to be extracted.

Believe it or not I've never actually ventured into a branch of boots looking for med's. Are they on the shelf's like say toothpaste or do you have to ask for them?

Boots

In larger Boots branches, there will be "display packs" of the "Pharmacy-only" meds (stuff like co-codamol and original, non-non-drowsy Benylin) on the shelves (basically an empty box in a plastic holder) which you take to the pharmacy counter, behind which all the good stuff is just out of reach.

In smaller branches, you will actually have to ask at the pharmacy counter. You can ask for Paramol (a more expensive brand of the same medicine, identified by a logo suspiciously reminiscent of a pinned-out eye) with a throwaway remark like "..... or if you do something of your own with the same ingredients but cheaper, that would do."

Be prepared for a few questions (are they for you -- yes, have you had them before -- yes, are you asthmatic or diabetic - no {obviously keep relevant meds handy at all times if you are}, don't take any other paracetamol-containing products with these, they might make you drowsy {you hope!}, don't take them for more than 3 days in a row {as if one packet would last you that long}) but it's hardly a full-on interview.

Boots also sell Gee's Linctus and Codeine Linctus behind the counter for about £1.50 a bottle...

Hmm ..... I feel a quick wash and brush up, and a trip to the next town (I'm thinking of a sentence ending with the words "your own doorstep"), could be in order!

Nothing in them. Both pretty shit.

Seconded... I'm not sure if it is just me because I have such a high tolerance of ALL opiates due to abusing heroin for many a year now and a daily habit for a the majority of those years OR if they are just straight up crap. I've heard good things from opiate naive people so it is probably a tolerance issue.

Oramorph was prescriped that for a for a while until a couple of few weeks ago.... ooohhhh it saved me thru some crap gear..... then the doctor got in touch with me..... :(

Some Boots branches actually have codeine linctus? I thought they'd stopped stocking it company-wide.