• EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Dihydrocodeine vs Codeine

which is teh best?

• dihydrocodeine

Votes: 95 79.2%
  • codeine

Votes: 25 20.8%

• Total voters
Has been a while since I last bought any so maybe they stopped since... loadsa branches/assistants used to say that to some folks but sell it to others though. Small independant pharamacies tend to be the best for linctuses - even still fine morphine cough lincti in some :)

Has been a while since I last bought any so maybe they stopped since... loadsa branches/assistants used to say that to some folks but sell it to others though. Small independant pharamacies tend to be the best for linctuses - even still fine morphine cough lincti in some :)

Never been able to elicit linctus from Boots or independent chemists so far :| And that's me presenting my older lady in business suit self with bad cough and migraine pain :( lots of cocos but nought else good...

i've got codeine linctus from independents looking like the raggamuffin i am even in recent months. boots aint stocked it for years.

Hehe. This is where being a codger fails miserably - has definitely been some time since I did the Boots runs. Pretty sure it's still sold online some places, no? Was looking at it last year anyway. Wasn't on Boots site but a pretty mainstream one nonetheless. Gee's definitely still is and still the best till tolerance makes it unwieldy, in my opinion.

Running low on straight codeine pills (already :\) so just knocked up a quick CWE with me 30/500 cocos. Best. Extraction. Ever. Was crystal clear to the point that when the t-shirt I was using as a filter slipped slightly and a small dribble of the collected gunk dropped into the solution it didn't even seem to cloud it - was just some powder that didn't mix with the solution and sank to the bottom leaving it still crystal clear. Dunno if it was just cos it was a small amount but usually even the smallest amount clouds the water when the same thing happens.

Never thought that there was much difference between using cold water and really bloody cold water but am thinking there may be something to it now. Water from the tap and ambient temperature in my flat is barely above freezing today - much colder in both cases than it would usually be. Really did seem to make a top-notch solution. They're usually clear but this really was absolutely crystal clear and the way the stray paracetamol seemingly didn't mix or dissolve at all when a bit (was just a very small amount so felt quite safe drinking it and leave the particles behind in the glass with the last few drops of solution) impressed me. Would definitely make a point of chilling the water in the fridge before use now when the flat and tap-water get back up to normal temperature. Especially if extracting 8/500s when there's so much more paracetamol invloved.

Yeah chilling it down a degree or 5 is key, if you want minimal paracetamol/apap.^

Just went into north london for the holidays & managed to find a bottle of Gees lintcus when buying collis browne syrup; i asked for collis brownes, then saw the gees next to it on the shelf, so i asked quickly for gees instead. The pharmacist then felt the need to ask her superior if this was okay; he asked me what it was for to which i replied it was for a dry cough. He then asked why i wanted the collis brownes in the first place as it isn't for a cough. I politely showed him the box where it clearly says 'for relief of stomach upset & coughs' he still said no it's not for coughs!

"The Gees is cheaper" i said smiling at him "I'll take this one instead please". He could tell i knew the medicine at this point & allowed the sale, however i dont fancy my chances of getting another bottle out of that place in the near future. Suppose it's lucky i was using it properly & not for recreation. If i went in there itching for codeine i doubt they'd admit they had it in the store!

Last edited:
Yeah chilling it down a degree or 5 is key, if you want minimal paracetamol/apap.^

Just went into north london for the holidays & managed to find a bottle of Gees lintcus when buying collis browne syrup; i asked for collis brownes, then saw the gees next to it on the shelf, so i asked quickly for gees instead. The pharmacist then felt the need to ask her superior if this was okay; he asked me what it was for to which i replied it was for a dry cough. He then asked why i wanted the collis brownes in the first place as it isn't for a cough. I politely showed him the box where it clearly says 'for relief of stomach upset & coughs' he still said no it's not for coughs!

"The Gees is cheaper" i said smiling at him "I'll take this one instead please". He could tell i knew the medicine at this point & allowed the sale, however i dont fancy my chances of getting another bottle out of that place in the near future. Suppose it's lucky i was using it properly & not for recreation. If i went in there itching for codeine i doubt they'd admit they had it in the store!

Gotta love pharmacy assistants who go above and beyond the job description. I managed to get some promethazine from Boots today. I knew they had it but have been turned down for it at the same store before due to vigilante pharmacy assistants (seriously, it's an antihistamine/mild sedative... not a bloody narcotic).

Today's assistant however was just confused as hell. She was in her late 50's I would guess, with extremely thin hair dyed bright red. Interesting choice. I had my story set out as I was determined to sound legit. Got to the counter and asked the assistant for Phenergan (trade name over here), she picked up a pack of Veganin from the shelf and was about to scan it, I said 'nono, PHENERGAN. it's an antihistamine...' She thought for a LONG moment looking confused, asked me what I wanted it for, I said 'my grandparents had brought their dog with them when visiting for the holidays, and I'm allergic to dogs.' To which she replied "Oh I'm sorry I can't give it to you then, it's not for dogs, you'd have to see a vet about that. You shouldn't give any medicines to a dog without talking to a vet." Looking at me like I'm the sort of person who gives random medicines to dogs. No idea how she got that from what I said, or what she thought I'd be giving antihistamines to a dog for, but I repeated that it was for me and she then looked confused for some reason and paused to think for a moment (which seems like a lifetime when you have a queue of people waiting behind you)... "Have you had them before?" / 'Yes, a while ago, they're the only thing that really works for my dog hair allergy.' / "They come in different strengths... I think..., what strength was it you had?" / 'Sorry I can't remember, like I say it was a while ago..' / "Oh well I'm afraid I can't give them to you then if you don't know what strength you need." Now I'm starting to get pissed off with pharmacy assistants bullshitting me to not give me things which I have a legitimate need for (well, as far as they know), so I decided to be bold and ask her why she can't ask the pharmacist what the recommended dose for allergies is. She stutters for a moment and then goes into the back for a couple minutes, when she returns she throws a pack of Phenergan down on the counter and says "£2.79" with attitude. I pay with a lot of copper to annoy her further.

So Boots DO stock it and it's NOT prescription only as they tend to tell people they don't want to sell it to. I'm not quite sure yet whether or not it actually makes a difference to codeine, tonight's attempt has been average so far. I'll give it another try on saturday on the coach to France (Snowboarding time) :D

p.s. Is it just me or is BL mega slow today?

I've never met a pharmacist that isn't a bit of a cock, either acting like they're doing you a massive favour and casually telling you to wait half an hour, or keen on acting like a doctor and prying into what you're buying, what dose you're taking blah blah blah. It's frequently accompanied by subtle condescending scorn haha. Maybe I just keep going to the wrong ones...

Never had any problems buying co-codamols but i've never quite got the story right for Gees I don't think. I don't look that much of a wrong 'un but some places are still pretty tight with it.

Yeah I went out looking for Gee's linctus today, but nowhere seems to have it so I resorted to J Collis Browne's (20mg morphine each). Spent £18 on 3 bottles. That's just disgusting when you compare it to the price of heroin. Anyway, the woman took one look at me and said with a smile on her face "No, we don't sell it." She knew what I wanted it for. I was scanning the shelves for it to prove her wrong but couldn't see it, 'Hmm, well I bought it from here a few months ago, and my grandad always gets his from the large boots store by his house...?' "Well we don't have it here anymore. Sorry." That smarmy smile again.

So I went down the road to the one next to Superdrug and the guy didn't even question me, he just sold it and was all polite about it. Why can't they all be like that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Be careful with phenergan, it's too sedative for me for potentiating opies, but if you only have that... take 25mg, no more.

Some DHC to bring the NY in last night. Thats the end if it. Didn't want to clean the bottle out so left 2 in it:eek:

Be careful with phenergan, it's too sedative for me for potentiating opies, but if you only have that... take 25mg, no more.

I find that Phenergan/promethazine kind of takes away some of the buzz from opiates. It just makes me much more sedated (which isn't all bad, I suppose) but also takes away some of the euphoria.

I prefer to take non-sedating antihistamines like cetirizine or loratadine with opiates or opiods. (Boots' Value packs are the shiznipple)

Still, I'd rather take phenergan than nothing at all with opiates/opioids otherwise I itch my ballsack so much I make a hole in it.

BTW, I'm new to this site and hello. Fantastic site. Full of, quite frankly, lifesaving FACTS. Stopped me from overdosing (and underdosing) on new stuff.
Not like some other sites where people boast about snorting heroic lines of MDPV and eating phenazepam like it was shit speed. lol

Happy new year.

Wilkinsons sell a generic 10mg. loratadine tablet (same ingredient and strength as Clarityn) for less than a pound for a pack of 7. I know because I'm allergic to Piriton (how ironic is that?) -- it has a speed-like effect on me and not in a nice way.

I didn't know that hay fever meds could be used to potentiate opioids, though! Please tell me more!

Hydroxyzine (Antarax) is used legitimately to potentiate opiates in hospital, etc.

Gotta love pharmacy assistants who go above and beyond the job description. I managed to get some promethazine from Boots today. I knew they had it but have been turned down for it at the same store before due to vigilante pharmacy assistants (seriously, it's an antihistamine/mild sedative... not a bloody narcotic).

Wow, someone's getting even harsher treatment from the pharmacist than I get! Same city too. I've never been refused promethazine at all, though I have had the'sizing up' looks and the standard questions (which they have to ask you anyway).

I can only think that a dramatic increase in the number of junkies looking for it recently to potentiate shite gear has led them to toughen up on it. Either that or you just got a bitter twat who failed at being a doctor.

I generally only ever use Cetirizine to potentiate/help with itching along with a small amount of benzo's depending on the strength of the opiate.

I've never bothered with Gee's or any of the Morphine containing linctus's just because it seems a little pointless for such a small amount of morphine, I find morphine fairly over-rated generally. Only good if you bang it or do it up the pooper I've found.

i don't find cetirizine potentiates at all, just gets rid of the itching, promethazine adds to the nod

Wow, someone's getting even harsher treatment from the pharmacist than I get! Same city too. I've never been refused promethazine at all, though I have had the'sizing up' looks and the standard questions (which they have to ask you anyway).

I can only think that a dramatic increase in the number of junkies looking for it recently to potentiate shite gear has led them to toughen up on it. Either that or you just got a bitter twat who failed at being a doctor.

Well, this was in my hometown which is close to wigan, but yeah it's the same in Manchester and (I assume) most other places. The assistants are usually as bad as the pharmacists, I guess they see it as some sort of duty to stop people like us enjoying ourselves, just because we prefer arguably healthier alternatives to the legal stuff (alcohol, cigarettes). And then there's the bitter twats =p

Had a cwe of paramol (DHC) earlier tonight, used all 32 pills in the pack so would of been around 200mg total if u count some of it lost in the cwe, a very pleasent high havent had it in a while only thing with DHC and normal Codeine is they only last an hour maybe hour and a half for me then just wear off really quick, its really got me in the mood for some oxy though!

Had a cwe of paramol (DHC) earlier tonight, used all 32 pills in the pack so would of been around 200mg total if u count some of it lost in the cwe, a very pleasent high havent had it in a while only thing with DHC and normal Codeine is they only last an hour maybe hour and a half for me then just wear off really quick, its really got me in the mood for some oxy though!

Yeah exactly the same here, an hour and a half is a good day for me. Every few days I have the debate over whether the hassle of CWEing 2 boxes of 32 tabs is worth it for an hour or so. Fuck tolerance, man. Oh if only I could get hold of some oxy, you lucky bastard :D