• EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Dihydrocodeine vs Codeine

which is teh best?

• dihydrocodeine

Votes: 95 79.2%
  • codeine

Votes: 25 20.8%

• Total voters
I'm another odd-ball who much prefers Codeine to DHC. I think it's the Morphine element and the C6G must play a large part too.

With 120mg of DHC I get not much, not even sedation, with an equal amount of Codeine I get about the same but with sedation and feel much more sane.

Weird ay? :\
I voted codeine, in the past I'd have voted DHC, I'd happily have either or neither. I agree with what you're saying about DHC I find it ok at about 300mgs + a little alcohol, despite it being unwise :\ whereas 300 mgs of codeine I'd feel without the added booze.
How much codeine or DHC do peole eat in say a day when indulging ?

IV'd, I've always preferred M over Oxy. Like I said, the highs are subjectively different, and for my usage I prefer morphine.

Ah, IV. I getcha. In that case, morphine is the clear winner. Thought you were talking oral. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
i think codeine is far better. i have to do way too much dhc to get the desired effects.

Used to take 300mg DHC and an hour later repeat and never got any kind of euphoria whatsoever. Just sedation and crap, depressed sedation at that. High dose codiene (when I had somewhat lower tolerance) did give me euphoria for a few hours. I have taken 300mg loads of times and got no histamine release, whereas others I know turn into a big red lobster until I show them what an anti-histamine is.
Then again I've never gone near a gouch with heroin smoked.
Opium from some source or other orally with pre-load of pregabalin and later on some benzo or other and then codiene is my way. A bit hard to shit for a while though;)

I voted codeine, in the past I'd have voted DHC, I'd happily have either or neither. I agree with what you're saying about DHC I find it ok at about 300mgs + a little alcohol, despite it being unwise :\ whereas 300 mgs of codeine I'd feel without the added booze.

240mg a day (if I'm being good) but sometimes I'll take 300mg at once with 20mg Diazepam and maybe have another 10mg at night.
I just don't feel the euphoria from DHC, nor the "MDMA-esque" feeling some people claim.
Sometimes it can actually produce Hyperalgesia weirdly!

I generally take 600mgish DHC potentiated and that gets me good. I can also feel 500mg codeine quite well but don't go above as histamine effects go nouts above this level (and 500mg is 2 boxes co-co). As far as redosing goes I find DHC is effective to top up whenever but after taking a big dose of codeiene taking any more within the next 8 or so hours has almost 0 effect.

When using CWE tech how much water do people use - i ask as i find that there's about 13 mls of solution retained by the mush, this can be higher with certain types of cocodamol which seem to contain some kind of gel type additive, so if one used say 20mls of water then presumably you'd only yeild a little less than 100mgs of codeine.
I think 60ml is probably about right.
As to histamine release I find that it can occur on some occassions with relatively low amounts - say 300 mgs but not occur at double that on other occassions. TBH histamine release doesn't generally bother me, I am no doubt about to start ripping my face/scalp/legs arms/genitals/feet/palms and parts that don't even exist to shreds shortly

When using CWE tech how much water do people use - i ask as i find that there's about 13 mls of solution retained by the mush, this can be higher with certain types of cocodamol which seem to contain some kind of gel type additive, so if one used say 20mls of water then presumably you'd only yeild a little less than 100mgs of codeine.
I think 60ml is probably about right.
As to histamine release I find that it can occur on some occassions with relatively low amounts - say 300 mgs but not occur at double that on other occassions. TBH histamine release doesn't generally bother me, I am no doubt about to start ripping my face/scalp/legs arms/genitals/feet/palms and parts that don't even exist to shreds shortly

I use ~25ml for every 16 tablets (of the 8/500mg tabs).
And I find myself squeezing the shit out of the filters and I don't seem to lose much at all (when I compare effects to pure Codeine tabs).

As for Histamine release, when I took my 300mg today I was itching quite a lot but I don't really get any of the puffed-up face or reddened skin.
It does generally dissipate, for the most part atleast, within around an 1½ hours or so. And that's without using an Antihistamine (I really should get some - got lots of Piriton but they're rather old and seem ineffective).

I use 200ml for 64 (separated into 2 glasses, so 100ml for 32), which some might say is slightly OTT but that's just the way I roll. Comes out pretty much clear most of the time :)

The first time I took codeine (400mg), I got so high, nice, happy, cosy and warm that I seriously doubt a nice shot of heroin could have done better (except the time it took for the effects to come in).

Just scored some paracetamol + codeine (500 * 8) and some paracetamol + dihydrocodeine (500 * 7.46) from two separate Boots branches. Will perform CWE on each and let you know which was better.

..... I take it I should keep my salamol inhaler within arm's reach throughout?

Well try to make the comparison fair.

Good luck though, cos there's not really universal consensus on the potency of DHC versus codeine... some say DHC is twice as potent, others 1.5 times, etc.

I'd put DHC at no more than 1.5X codeine potency if that. My doses tend to be about the same with both, to be honest.

DHC ftw cos it's way less itchy. I do love me codeine though. Even used to IV it at high dose (really bad idea so don't do that at home if you don't fancy a pulmonary oedema, kiddies) cos I like the pins and needles rush so much. Also, this thread just reminded me I picked up me script this morning but forget to munch any. 420mg of codeine phosphate for luncheon. Yummy :)

Quick DHC question...

I have some 60mg pills, oval with DHC 60 printed on one side. They are time release i think (waxy coating and they don't crush up to powder)

Anyway, I tried dissolving a few in some water and they didn't dissolve completely, will the residue just be the waxy coating from the pills?

As far as i know they don't have paracetamol in but just want to make sure.

DHC is water soluble so I would think you're okay. 60mg DHC pills are straight DHC as far as I know - no need to dissolve in water so you could just drink the lot sludge and all to make sure. The time release can be beaten by crushing them but they can be hard to crush properly.

OK thanks.

I have just been experimenting with different ways to defeat the time release really, I find chewing them up to be the easiest but its just the taste seems to stay for ages doing it that way lol.

DHC has a pretty waxy binder, annoying.. There isn't a preparation with 60mg DHC and paracetamol combined so you should be fine just eating it all :)

Edit: and they taste truly vile, makes me feel sick thinking about it! I know people who chew em down without any fuss though, bleugh