Dihydrocodeine vs Codeine

which is teh best?

• dihydrocodeine

Votes: 95 79.2%
  • codeine

Votes: 25 20.8%

• Total voters
Well try to make the comparison fair.

Good luck though, cos there's not really universal consensus on the potency of DHC versus codeine... some say DHC is twice as potent, others 1.5 times, etc.

It is very individual dependent. I had to take the same dose as codeine to get anything from DHC (~500mg), whereas others report having to take much less to get similar effects. Bear this in mind. Good luck :)

Edit: and they taste truly vile, makes me feel sick thinking about it! I know people who chew em down without any fuss though, bleugh

I chew up my Codeine and have now gotten so used to it that any Benzos I chew taste almost pleasant =D

As for the DHC Contin, I'm not sure if the DHC is mixed with the waxy binder or is just sealed in it, if the latter is the case then there'll be no problems with putting them in water but major problems if it's the former.

I was talking about cwe's to someone earlier and neither of us have heard/read about Americans doing it with hydrocodone. So all these vicodin addicts are destroying their livers.
Never had hydrocodone as its not in this country, but if I did I would be cwe'ing it asap.
Why the fuck has House the fake dr (Hugh Laurie) still got a liver? Oh yes its only TV:\

Oh no no no - A great deal of Americans do perform CWEs but there are much stronger Opioid/Paracetamol preperations out there that, unless their tolerance is getting up a bit, they needn't worry too much about.
But there are multiple threads concerning CWEs on Hydrocodone/Paracetamol [aka Acetaminophen] proceedures :)

And the reason House blokey doesn't do CWEs is because the TV networks have to "THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!" ;)

I reckon House would be 10x more awesome if he stopped working every few hours to do a CWE :D

Results of CWE trial #1

Procedure: 12 tablets of Boots brand paracetamol plus dihydrocodeine (500 mg. paracetamol + 7,46mg. dihydrocodeine tartrate) were pulverised yielding 6.80g. of powder. This was rinsed into a filter funnel fitted with a filter made from a circle 11.5cm. ø cut from a Melitta unbleached coffee filter and moistened; using 25ml. of tap water at 10°C., and allowed to filter through. The filtrate was collected in a test tube. When no more product filtered through, 19ml. of clear solution was measured and found to weigh 19.53g.; indicating that in the worst case there could be no more than 530mg. of paracetamol -- a safe dose; subject is slightly overweight for presentation gender, normal for birth gender, pationt leaflet warns maximum safe dose is 1g. per 4 hours / 4g. per 24 hours, indicating a considerable margin of safety -- present in the product; which should also contain (up to) 89.53mg. of dihydrocodeine.

Ingestion: The filtrate was made up to 200ml. with cold milk, and 100ml. of this were consumed at 21:45. This was found to have a bitter, "mediciney" taste, indicating that some drug must be present. This was further potentiated with one spliff of "Sensie Star".

Stonaciousness:: First evidence of buzz apparent at 22:05, 40 mins. after ingestion, as slight "floaty" feeling. By 22:20, some loss of co-ordination and difficulty typing.

Warning: Approximately half of what you read on the Internet is Bull and the remaining 50% is s#!t. Anything in the foregoing which would be illegal if it were true, is made up. Do not attempt to emulate these activities.

Update 22:53

Update 22:53: Some gear-like effects; head rush, paruresis (difficulty passing water) observed. Much use being made of backspace key while typing report.

Anything in the foregoing which would be illegal if it were true, is made up. Do not attempt to emulate these activities.

Warning: Approximately half of what you read on the Internet is Bull and the remaining 50% is s#!t. Anything in the foregoing which would be illegal if it were true, is made up. Do not attempt to emulate these activities.

Unless you want a healthy liver. Then you can emulate those activities.

Update 23:15

Update 23:15: Very nice, clean gear-like stone. Almost too out of it to skin up another d00b, but not quite :) Typing akl voer the plsce.

You know the drill now. Anything in the foregoing which would be illegal &c.

Last edited:
Final Update

Final Update: Remainder of liquid consumed at 23:30 and potentiated with a further spliff. This produced a pleasant nod with no itching or nausea. Intermittent, dreamy sleep followed. No hangover. Paruresis gone by morning, eyes barely pinned (though to be brutally honest, I don't really know for certain how big my own pupils are supposed to be anymore.)

The procedure is definitely not too onerous considering how stonacious the product is, and the price certainly compares favourably with gear even barring the drought. Only negative point being the absence of the usual ritual; scoring, making a tooter, melting the powder, later extracting a "bonus beetle" from the tube, the final frazzle and the desperate (usually fruitful) search for just one more live spot somewhere on the foil. These elements are, for me at least, as much a part of the habit as the drug itself.

P.S. S*d trying the codeine, there's no way it could be nicer! I'm just going to vote for DHC now.

Usual disclaimer applies.

Dunno about that - some folks genuinely do prefer codeine to DHC and it really is dirt cheap. Codeine linctus is made of win <3

Out of interest, does anybody know of a DHC linctus? Sure there is a prescription DHC linctus preparation but never heard of an OTC one. Gee's Linctus beats both codeine and DHC hands down (contains opium tincture) if your tolerance is low enough. OTC morphine cough linctuses are also rather yummy but also pretty rare these days. Never really used kaolin & morphine much but know it's easily separated. Temazepam Linctus is the King of All Lincti though... but good luck being scripted it :\

I've been doing quite a bit of DHC over the weekend as there has been fuck all else in the house. Its pretty shit really. Oh how I'd love some Oxy or a toot of Brown

Out of interest, does anybody know of a DHC linctus?

I've not heard of it, but if it exists, I'd imagine it would be near impossible to get hold of. It's difficult enough to get codeine linctus :(

You mentioned you live in a small town, Shambles? I assume there's only one or two pharmacies in the town? If thats right, how do you manage to frequently buy codeine linctus or whatever without them recognising you? I'm getting closed to being a regular for cocodamol/linctus, so if you have any tips, would be massively appreciated :)

Gee's Linctus beats both codeine and DHC hands down (contains opium tincture)

How much Gee's should i take to feel it nicely with no opiate tolerance? Is the effect the same as if I were to smoke opium?

Can you still get Gee's Linctus, then? I thought they stopped making that stuff, and J. Collis Browne's mixture, years ago!

^ They are both still avalable. Many chemists tell you it's been discontinued if they don't like the look of you or just don't want to get it in for whatever reason. Both can be bought online but sales are strictly restricted to just a bottle or two per person. Dunno how frequently you can order though and probably sold by sites less interested in sticking strictly to the rules that I've not come across.

Pingu: 1/4 bottle used to get me very nice when I first started - then swig as required. Ended up on four bottles a day soon enough though which is quite tricky to keep going. Had a mate who delivered chips and stuff to MuckyD's, KFC, etc all over the country - I used to go with him and we'd buy a bottle each (and sometimes just ask randoms to buy one for us too - amazing how easy it is to bullshit strangers when you really want something :D) at every chemist we came across. That's a lot in London particularly. Used to come back with carrier bags full :D

Naggers: Like that ^. Also used to have a stupidly big script for codeine linctus too. I get fuckloads of 30mg codeine pills and 30/500 co-cos instead now. Would rather the linctus but my doc won't prescribe it (different doc, different town).

Last edited:
Forgot to say, Pingu - the effects are pretty much identical to smoking opium. Bottle of Gee's + weed + hammock = perfectiion <3

Forgot to say, Pingu - the effects are pretty much identical to smoking opium. Bottle of Gee's + weed + hammock = perfectiion <3

excellent Shambles ill be trying that shortly then.. :)

have you tried it with ketamine?

I voted for DHC but there's not much in it. Just because it it seems to last a couple of hours longer. Although it seems to lack the slight afterglow that codeine seems to produce.hmmm.

A few years ago I was doing otc CWE's every other day, I must know where every pharmacy is in south birmingham! In the end I needed two packs to get a proper dunt.

Over this time I found a great variety in the ease of separation by brand. Generally try to avoid the non-branded/generic variety that you find in independent pharmacies. Sainsbury's own brand was a waste of time as were Boot's Capsules, although boots tablets were one of the best!? For codeine nothing beats lloyds own brand, and for DHC it's paramol (bit pricey tho!).

I found you could increase the extraction efficiency by using a 2 filter method. Using some tight woven cloth like material for the first run captures almost all of the filler/gunk and allows you to squeeze the liquid though. If you're a good brand you should be able to push practically all the water though, leaving an almost dry powdery substance behind. Difficult brands seem to trap a lot of liquid in the binders/fillers that can't be removed.

This 2 filter method completely avoids clogging of the coffee filter while still capturing rouge paracetamol and ime produces significantly more opiate containing liquid at the end. It doesn't take much longer either because the coffee filter stage is very quick with the majority of fillers and binders already removed

Paramol always produced a slightly cloudy result, which is normal. Its not paracetamol, just some filler small enough to get though the filter. DON'T apply this logic to other brands though. Its just a fairly well known fact that paramol does this

Was always to scared to ask for linctus or morphine tinctures. Did get some Collis Browns mixture a couple of times off t'internet tho. I think it was 20mg morphine per bottle, so I needed a couple.

So much easier that CWE, it's not even a syrup, rather water consistency, so I diluted the two bottles with water in a pint glass and it went down like a charm.

In case anyone was wondering I recently had a liver function test and an actual scan of my liver. They both came back completely normal.

Which leads me to believe CWE is completely safe if done correctly, but if you have any doubts about the procedure or the final product discard it and put it down to experience, tis not worth the risk.

---

Bloody hell, sorry, I didn't set out to write a mostly off topic mini essay!

excellent Shambles ill be trying that shortly then.. :)

have you tried it with ketamine?

Not Gee's I haven't but actual opium + ket is one of my favourite combos ever hands down. Tis lush <3

May look into online Gee's now my tolerance is down to fairly low-level again. Might just perk up the pretty limp ket that's around at the moment.